PDA

View Full Version : Nickelodeon Promotes Sex To Young Children

GBMelBlount
02-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Here is a "forward" my wife received today:

Check out this short video. You will be surprised to find out what is on this Web site. Shame on Nickelodeon. And this passed their parent control check.

Please forward this to your friends and family who have children or grandchildren.

Click here: YouTube - Parent ALERT re: Nickelodeon Game Website <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDpRJNfGiYw>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDpRJNfGiYw

SteelCityMom
02-20-2010, 11:07 PM
I understand the guys frustration, but this is why you check out any and all sites your children are using ahead of time.

From the AddictingGames site:

What Do Our Warnings Mean?

We want everyone to have a fun experience playing games on AddictingGames. The majority of our games are appropriate for people of all ages . However, every once in a while there’s a game that may be a little edgy that we want users to stop and think about before playing. If you see a little bomb next to a game title , it means the game has been flagged by our editors for moderate violence or mature themes.

Our goal is to help everyone find the games they like to play, so use our warning system as a guide to help you find the best games on the site for you!

Target Audience

If you are a parent supervising younger children on this site, look for the bomb icon to alert you to content that may require parental guidance. You can also click here for more information about moderating your child’s experience.

http://www.addictinggames.com/mc/warning.php

I found that in a matter of minutes. The games that are directly linked to Nick.com are all ages games...you have to actually go to the AddictingGames site to even come across the suggestive ones.

Also, it's kind of funny that he's only pointing out the sexually suggestive ones and not the violent ones like Zombie Golf Riot (which I might try out tonight lol), Call of Duty 2, Machete Mayhem, Clubby the Seal and another strong candidate for me to try...Light People on Fire. The only violent one he mentions is the one about killing your boss lol. Bits of Freudian slips I think.

Fire Haley
02-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Nickelodeon / Disney etc have been promoting sex with all their starlet ho's since the days of Lindsay Lohan, Paris, Britney

supa_fly_steeler
02-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Eh who cares.

Like Children will get psycho problems from playing "BREEDER" lol

GoSlash27
02-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Might do 'em some good to play "breeder" so they don't wind up all repressed.

As was pointed out upstream, none of these games are available on the Nick website.

supa_fly_steeler
02-21-2010, 01:40 PM
I remember when i was a young'n about 5 years back in sex education class on the computers we had to shoot the load into the condom for awareness and i said why can't i try it on you (talking to the P.E. MILF teacher) :sofunny: i got into a small bit of trouble :toofunny:

GBMelBlount
02-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Thank you Supa Fly. For both validating this thread......and the reasons people use birth control. :sofunny:

urgle burgle
02-21-2010, 04:36 PM
I remember when i was a young'n about 5 years back in sex education class on the computers we had to shoot the load into the condom for awareness and i said why can't i try it on you (talking to the P.E. MILF teacher) :sofunny: i got into a small bit of trouble :toofunny:

got any pics of the teach?

SteelerNation12
02-21-2010, 04:47 PM
I hate parents like this. Let your kids live! I doubt they will even know what is going on in those games anyways.

GBMelBlount
02-21-2010, 04:55 PM
I hate parents like this. Let your kids live! I doubt they will even know what is going on in those games anyways.

I guess we just see things differently. I learned the facts of life in 5th grade when my friend came across it in the how & why wonder book of human reproduction.

I didn't have a serious girlfriend until I was a junior in high school.

Now kids are having sex in grade school.

If you're cool with that, good for you. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMom
02-21-2010, 04:58 PM

Well, it all depends on what your comfortable letting your child do...so I understand some parents not wanting their kids to play games like this. They are pretty harmless though as I tried about a dozen of them out last night. They're nothing compared to the plethora of violent video games many parents let their kids play.

Like I said though, it's definitely up to the parents to check out ALL of the sites their kids are visiting...Cartoon Networks website has games linked to it that are geared towards a more mature audience as well because of Adult Swim. It's not up to Nickelodean to track what your child is doing.

SteelCityMom
02-21-2010, 05:03 PM
I guess we just see things differently. I learned the facts of life in 5th grade when my friend came across it in the how & why wonder book of human reproduction.

I didn't have a serious girlfriend until I was a junior in high school.

Now kids are having sex in grade school.

If you're cool with that, good for you. :thumbsup:

IMO, kids are having sex so young because less and less parents are talking to their kids about it. My Mom got me a sex ed book when I was in second grade...(cartoon) nudity and all and was very honest with me about it all. Sure, I picked up some things from friends and stuff, but I learned the basics at a very young age. My daughter understands the basics of it already too. I'd rather be the one to tell her than some random kid on the playground or a video game. That's how kids get in trouble.

Bng_Hevn
02-21-2010, 05:09 PM
First off, the guy says that the addicting games is not filtered out. Since it opens up a new window for the addicting games site, I'm sure you could filter that site out.

I had a second but thought better of it. To the "normal" person you would trust Nick so I would agree that they need to remove the addicting games link from their site.

GBMelBlount
02-21-2010, 06:02 PM
IMO, kids are having sex so young because less and less parents are talking to their kids about it. My Mom got me a sex ed book when I was in second grade...(cartoon) nudity and all and was very honest with me about it all. Sure, I picked up some things from friends and stuff, but I learned the basics at a very young age. My daughter understands the basics of it already too. I'd rather be the one to tell her than some random kid on the playground or a video game. That's how kids get in trouble.

I completely understand and agree with your point(s).

SteelerNation12
02-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Well, it all depends on what your comfortable letting your child do...so I understand some parents not wanting their kids to play games like this. They are pretty harmless though as I tried about a dozen of them out last night. They're nothing compared to the plethora of violent video games many parents let their kids play.

Like I said though, it's definitely up to the parents to check out ALL of the sites their kids are visiting...Cartoon Networks website has games linked to it that are geared towards a more mature audience as well because of Adult Swim. It's not up to Nickelodean to track what your child is doing.
I would have no problem with my kids playing Grand Theft Auto or those type games. Maybe not sex games at a young age. But come one, banning your kid from Nick because you can't watch him or have enough common sense to filter out that site.

supa_fly_steeler
02-21-2010, 06:20 PM
got any pics of the teach?

no but i can describe her.

she had blonde hair, average size mellons, nice face not as good as jessica alba but a very good face for a 27-32 year old but it was her ass especially in tennis when she wore those tight tracksuit bottoms when she bent down to get the tennis balls out of the basket http://www.smileyhut.com/excited/clap2.gif http://www.smileyhut.com/excited/groupwave2.gif

steelerdude15
02-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Man, all we had was Rugrats, Hey Arnold, and stuff like that... Kids today are lucky...

GoSlash27
02-21-2010, 09:16 PM
I would have no problem with my kids playing Grand Theft Auto or those type games. Maybe not sex games at a young age. But come one, banning your kid from Nick because you can't watch him or have enough common sense to filter out that site.

http://houseforkim.com/blog/images/motivate14-1.jpg

I look at sex ed like a firearms safety course, 'cuz that equipment they've got between their legs can ruin a lot of lives.
/knowledge is power

SteelCityMom
02-21-2010, 09:51 PM

Oh I know what you mean...it's definitely not for all kids though and it's up to the parent to decide what their child can handle it as far as violent game play goes. And they certainly need to explain some of the stuff that is going on.

There definitely need to be time limits too, because I know from first hand experience that playing GTA too long can kind of mess with you, especially if you have to drive soon after playing for hours on end lol. You kind of get the urge to speed excessively, run red lights, ram into cars and hit that lady on the corner. :chuckle: