PDA

View Full Version : Just saw James Harrison...

Pentheon
02-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Hes a lot bigger than I thought in person when hes standing next to you. Saw him down Nakama japenese steakhouse on the south side. Guess this could be a new thread

Anyone ever meet any steeler players in person?

Unless theres a thread about this already.

lionslicer
02-21-2010, 03:13 AM
I saw Hampton in person in 7th grade during youth football, he stopped by with Townsend to see what was up. He is one big mofo. Townsend is actually smaller than I thought he would be.

I also saw Staley in person when he was still on the team, he was way bigger than I thought.

forgot to mention.. my friend met Lamarr Woodley and said his arms were bigger than his theighs, this comming from a 280 pound guy.

SteelerNation12
02-21-2010, 03:27 AM
Yeah I met Bradshaw was I was a little kid. Biggest dick I have ever met and refused to sign my steelers hat.

Galax Steeler
02-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Yeah I met Bradshaw was I was a little kid. Biggest dick I have ever met and refused to sign my steelers hat.

I have heard others talk about Bradshaw as well they say he is not a kind person.

solardave
02-21-2010, 07:29 AM
MY Grandson has Dermonti's autograph on his Steelers hat. I never met him but my Niece got Jerome's autograph for us. She manages a store that the team and their wives go into a lot. She says Troy is the best,nicest guy you'd want to meet. She's probably met half or more of the Steelers.

stillers4me
02-21-2010, 08:26 AM
James Harrison big??? I'm 5'51/2" and my hubby is 6'6". I'd put James at just under 6' tall. He stood on chair whan he saw my husband!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/095.jpg

Pentheon
02-21-2010, 11:36 AM
James Harrison big??? I'm 5'51/2" and my hubby is 6'6". I'd put James at just under 6' tall. He stood on chair whan he saw my husband!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/095.jpg

I don't mean tall, I know hes not too...he was bulky as hell, a lot more bulky than I thought he was.

He seemed like an asshole tho, the way he sped off in his truck when he left and didn't seem to say anything. Someone yelled whats up mvp and he said nothing got in his truck and sped off.

still a fan of the guy tho

Shoes
02-21-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't mean tall, I know hes not too...he was bulky as hell, a lot more bulky than I thought he was.

He seemed like an asshole tho, the way he sped off in his truck when he left and didn't seem to say anything. Someone yelled whats up mvp and he said nothing got in his truck and sped off.

An AO? Seems to me the AO's are the one's who can't respect a persons privacy and continually pester these guys in public. James most of all since everyone knows he doesn't like the spotlight and is a very reserved person.

stillers4me
02-21-2010, 12:56 PM
James came to a signing with the Steel City Mafia to our Steelers bar in Cinci several years ago. He was very friendly and cordial with all the fans. Like I said before, he jumped up on a chair when he saw how tall Russ was and said, "now you can take the picture!". He also looked at every picture on the cameras and if he didn't like the picture, he said "take another one!" He seemed to enjoy himself and his fans. A few months later at training camp, he even remember one of the ladies that was at the signing. He said, "Hey, Shorty! What are you doing way over here?"

Fans just need to learn to be respectful of their time. It's great when an athlete always has the time for a fan, but there's there's a time and place for everyhting.

SteelerEmpire
02-21-2010, 01:00 PM

After these guys have been in the spotlight for years I could imagine that 'some' of them would lose their interest in fans approaching them every 20 ft. Some people can just handle fame better than others I guess....

Shoes
02-21-2010, 01:01 PM
James came to a signing with the Steel City Mafia to our Steelers bar in Cinci several years ago. He was very friendly and cordial with all the fans. Like I said before, he jumped up on a chair when he saw how tall Russ was and said, "now you can take the picture!". He also looked at every picture on the cameras and if he didn't like the picture, he said "take another one!" He seemed to enjoy himself and his fans. A few months later at training camp, he even remember one of the ladies that was at the signing. He said, "Hey, Shorty! What are you doing way over here?"

Fans just need to learn to be respectful of their time. It's great when an athlete always has the time for a fan, but there's there's a time and place for everyhting.

Exactly!

supa_fly_steeler
02-21-2010, 02:35 PM

lmao.

Apparantley Bradshaw is not a nice person.

Asshole.

I'd sign everyone's hats, autgraphs and reply to everyone on twitter because at the back of my head of would think i would want them to do the same for me whe i was a fan turned player

supa_fly_steeler
02-21-2010, 02:38 PM
He isn't that big but bigger then me.. lol I'm actually having dinner with Ryan Clark in 2 weeks. I'll post pics after that... Can't find my pics of Holmes.. He is medium build..

hehhh u know him in person? thats awesome.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 10:43 PM
No I don't.. Sorry for being miss leading on that one.. My GF and I were invited to have dinner with him and a promoter of signings...

Who cares man that's awesome.

It cool man he's an awesome player. I throughly enjoy watching him play as a Steeler.

memphissteelergirl
02-24-2010, 11:41 AM

Could not agree more.

Hamer
02-28-2010, 02:19 PM
I was born and raised in the burgh and spent my childhood growing up during the super seventies. During that time I met quite a bit of the "old school" Steelers and I have never once had one act rude (of course I never did meet Bradshaw!). I remember the first Steeler I met was backup QB Terry Hanratty, who my family was big fans of (Notre Dame alum), and I talked with Stallworth, Swann, Ham, Blount, Shell, and I remember Gary Anderson coming to my grade school one time. Every one of them gentlemen...

Of course on the other hand, (most of the time) all I ever asked for was a handshake.

PS- when Stallworth shook my hand it seemed like it went around mine 3 times!)

Indo
03-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I remember back in the 80s we used to go down to Chauncey's in Station Square (is that place still there?) and we would routinely see Franco Harris, Webster, Kolb (and the rest of the O-line). Everyone was very respectful, though---no one would hound them for autographs or anything...

I also met Swann one time on a flight from New Orleans to Pittsburgh (probably in the late 80s or very early 90s)---my seat wasn't next to his, though, so I just shook his hand and thanked him for the 4 rings...

fastscirocco
08-07-2012, 07:20 PM
I think society places a lot more demands on sports celebrities than they used to. With the advent of the internet, social media, cable TV, 24/7 news channels, they are under a lot more pressure and in the public eye more.

I am sure that I would appreciate a little "quiet time" every now and then if I were a sports celebrity.

wpbth
09-24-2014, 04:36 PM
met Rocky Blier and Chuck Knoll on a flight going to LA in 1985. really nice guys.