PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Nation

jimz0
02-03-2006, 09:48 AM
I am a die hard Pittsburgh Steeler fan, I bleed Black and Gold. I've heard that they are playing a pretty important game on Sunday, so, for all my fellow fans across the Steeler Nation, I have 2 things for you today.

One, you must read this article:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06034/649152.stm

Two, and this will be available later tonight, is me and a couple friends are almost finished with a Steelers themed cover of Detroit Rock City. All that needs done are some tweaks to the lyrics and the recording of the vocals. Those will be done this evening and I will have it uploaded to my soundclick site tonight.

Watch this space for further developments!!! :tt02:

jimz0
02-03-2006, 12:26 PM
36 views and not a single comment yet? :dang:

CMON STEELER FANS!!! I'm new here but trust me, this song is going to rock pretty hard. the lyrics are almost done and if you follow the link in my signature you can hear that the music is completely done.

Sorry if i'm being a pain, I'm just very excited and can't wait to get this song out there. :guitar: :jammin: :banana: :sign01: :tt:

jimz0
02-04-2006, 10:23 AM
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=478402

That's the link to our first release as a band. The band is called The Killer's Breed and our fight song for the Steeler's is called Detroit Rock City (Steeler Nation).

Hope you like listening to is as much as we did makin it!!!:jammin: :guitar: :thmbup:

Here are the lyrics:
I feel alright on sunday night
six o'clock, fire up the stadium lights
i see Big Ben and coach cowher too
come out strong, we know what we got to do

get up
steeler nation gettin' on their feet
get down
steeler nation gonna leave their seat
we're gonna ride the bus in Detroit rock city

feelin' great, i just can't wait
Ben steps up, i know he's gonna hit the air
first Heath Miller, then Hines Ward
Randle-el, comes across the middle and scores

Jump up
Get the Steeler Nation on their feet
Touchdown!!!
Everybody's gonna leave their seat

Porter's back, wearin' 55
Polamalu dealing out the crushing blows
3rd and long, gonna stop the drive
Big Nasty D, still puttin' on a show
It goes

get up
steeler defense knocks em off their feet
get down
steeler nation gonna leave their seat

The Time has come! One for the Thumb!
Got the Bus his ring, y'know they won it all for Jerome
The Chief looks down on the Burgh!
Double Yoi! Steelers bring another Trophy home...

jimz0
02-04-2006, 07:05 PM
has anyone checked this out yet?? let me know!!!

Curtain Call
02-04-2006, 07:40 PM
I don't think anyone wants to register just to hear one song. Put it up on rapidshare.de or yousendit.com if you want people to download it and comment.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Keep up the good work!! I didn't have to register or anything I just clicked on Hi-Fi and it played. Now I just got to figure out how to download, so I can add it to the others for a private CD.

jaysta
02-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Nice job!

jimz0
02-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Thanks for listening guys! glad you like it!!! I'll be remixing it today to bring the vocals out a little better.

And yes, YOU DON'T NEED TO REGISTER WITH SOUNCLICK TO HEAR THE SONG!!! Just click the hi-fi link and it should play for you!!!

jimz0
02-05-2006, 10:09 AM
The remixed version is up! :cheers:

GO STEELERS!!!! :guitar: :thumbsup: :sign01: :sign08: :sign10: :tt:

silver & black
02-05-2006, 11:42 AM
36 views and not a single comment yet? :dang:

CMON STEELER FANS!!! I'm new here but trust me, this song is going to rock pretty hard. the lyrics are almost done and if you follow the link in my signature you can hear that the music is completely done.

Sorry if i'm being a pain, I'm just very excited and can't wait to get this song out there. :guitar: :jammin: :banana: :sign01: :tt:
OK, I'll comment. I was really trying to hold my tongue since I am in your house but... There is only one Nation, and that is Raider Nation!

Why does everyone feel the need to rip us off with all the such and such nation stuff?

It has always been, and always will be, Raider Nation!

Sorry if that comes across as disrespectful but, it irritates me!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Im gonna check it out now.. Im the biggest KISS army member on this board so if you've got a Steelers song to the theme of detroit rock city.. im there...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Nicely done man :guitar: :tt03:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2006, 12:00 PM
OK, I'll comment. I was really trying to hold my tongue since I am in your house but... There is only one Nation, and that is Raider Nation!

Why does everyone feel the need to rip us off with all the such and such nation stuff?

It has always been, and always will be, Raider Nation!

Sorry if that comes across as disrespectful but, it irritates me!

Not to burst your bubble my friend ..but really, the Steelers Nation was coined and taken by the Steelers LONG before the Raiders started using it. The steelers had it first, but then it kinda fell alittle bit in popularity becuz "your in Steelers Country" kinda took over. But there are countless diehards who still say Steeler Nation.. its all over Heinz and was all over Three Rivers.

jimz0
02-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Nicely done man :guitar: :tt03:

Glad you like it man, tell everyone you know about it!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!:cheers: :jammin: :peace: :salute: :guitar: :drinkup: :getdown: :banana: :sign01: :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2006, 12:08 PM
No doubt dude.. Being a KISS army member from way back..its the best of both worlds !! :tt:

jimz0
02-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks BRC!!

Only 4 hours left!!!

:tt03: :flex: :helmet: :drink: :alcohol: :thumbsup: :sweating: :peace:

jimz0
02-05-2006, 04:36 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

:tt03: :tt02: :flippy: :jump: :tt: :sign10: :sign08: :sign04: :drink: :thumbsup: :excited: :getdown: :hyper: :drinkup: :guitar: :thmbup: :willy: :toast: :jammin: :cheers:

BIGBEN09
02-05-2006, 08:04 PM
wave your terrible towel in the air i seen them get a touchdown there willie,bettis,roetheisburger to its game day and we're going to play

jimz0
02-05-2006, 10:23 PM
THEY DID IT!!!!

:cheers: :chug: :crying01: :music: :jammin: :nw: :salute: :toast: :drinkup: :beerbang:

jimz0
02-08-2006, 08:13 AM
First, for all the whiners, read this:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/s_421694.html

Second, for all the fans, give the song another listen!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=478402

The Steelers are the Champs in Pittsburgh, Steel City!!!

:cheers: :dancing: :music: :jammin: :nana: :salute: :rofl: :toast: :willy: :guitar: :king: :party: :drinkup: :hyper: :getdown: :laughing: :excited: :bowdown: :sign01: :sign08: