PDA

View Full Version : Any News on Potential Signings???

aclark99
02-22-2010, 03:04 PM
I hate this time of year. The Penguins are not playing to their potential and the Pirates just aren't worth talking about. Has anyone heard or read anything yet on whether we are close to resigning any of our free agents? Colbert stated that negotiations would start around the Feb. 19. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything yet.

steelerdude15
02-22-2010, 03:06 PM
I haven't heard of anything Steeler related when it comes to free agency. The Patriots used their franchise tag on NT Vince Wilfork, that's about it so far.

MasterOfPuppets
02-22-2010, 03:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/transactions

Cinnjerm
02-22-2010, 05:40 PM
I hate this time of year. The Penguins are not playing to their potential and the Pirates just aren't worth talking about. Has anyone heard or read anything yet on whether we are close to resigning any of our free agents? Colbert stated that negotiations would start around the Feb. 19. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything yet.

Hey look at the bright side, Pitt is doing better than expected right now (#12 on AP poll). I know that doesn't answer your question, but:noidea:

aclark99
02-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Master of Puppets .....you are a idiot....guys like you ruin boards....some of us who are real steeler fans enjoy talking about the black and gold....some of us do care what the team does or will do...it makes our off season fun....if you don't like it get off the site!!!!

7willBheaven
02-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Master of Puppets .....you are a idiot....guys like you ruin boards....some of us who are real steeler fans enjoy talking about the black and gold....some of us do care what the team does or will do...it makes our off season fun....if you don't like it get off the site!!!!

Wow your being a little harsh there (especially to someone whos been around here a long time). You asked about signings and they provided you with a link to all NFL Transactions so you can keep up to date with them...including the Steelers and all other NFL teams. Just because they didnt go into a ton of detail about anything doesnt mean they are less of a Steeler fan than you or anything else. They gave you the answer to your question and thats it. No need to be such a jerk.

In reality though...if there was even a sniff of signings/etc for the Steelers you could bet this board would be all over them in a heartbeat (not to mention most other big football sites or newspapers/tv). Seeing how theres nothing about signings there have been none...just relax...as soon as something happens i guarantee someone will post something.

Chidi29
02-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Jets are working out Travis LeBoy.

Not much can happen until the 5th when free agency offically begins. If any team were to talk to a player still technically under contract, it'd be considered tampering. San Francisco got in quite a bit of trouble for that when they talked to Lance Briggs.

fat4jc
02-22-2010, 07:50 PM

Woah, lay off the caffeine!

Northside Jonny
02-22-2010, 08:20 PM

Steelers are looking into T.O. LOL

tony hipchest
02-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Master of Puppets .....you are a idiot....guys like you ruin boards....some of us who are real steeler fans enjoy talking about the black and gold....some of us do care what the team does or will do...it makes our off season fun....if you don't like it get off the site!!!!:huh:

lmao! :sofunny: he actually just provided you a link to follow all of the most recent transactions in the nfl.

my only guess is that you mistook his sig as a post directed at you. :noidea:

Shoes
02-22-2010, 08:24 PM

WOW!...

Shoes
02-22-2010, 08:47 PM
:huh:

lmao! :sofunny: he actually just provided you a link to follow all of the most recent transactions in the nfl.

Had to be the case.....I hope :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
02-22-2010, 09:21 PM
:huh:

Thats funny and that had to be what happened. MOP quit ruining our board! :chuckle:

as you probably know i was kidding MOP :wink02:

steelerdude15
02-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Maybe this could be your new sig. :chuckle:

7willBheaven
02-22-2010, 10:58 PM
didnt even hit me when I posted my first post in this thread...that he could be reading below the line thing that tells you thats the end of the message and the signature is below haha

wow

MasterOfPuppets
02-22-2010, 11:44 PM
:rofl:... sorry, but those aren't my words. thats just an offensive from another poster that apparently was directed at EVERYBODY. i thought it was pretty funny considering the source from which it came, so i thought i would just pay tribute to the god like figure from which it came...:wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
02-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Maybe this could be your new sig. :chuckle:

:scratchchin: ........naw the grammar is not quite up to par, and it's poorly worded ...that's a C- at best flamming...:noidea:

Galax Steeler
02-23-2010, 03:52 AM
:scratchchin: ........naw the grammar is not quite up to par, and it's poorly worded ...that's a C- at best flamming...:noidea:

:toofunny:

solardave
02-23-2010, 05:40 AM

You joined in 2008, only have 92 posts and you're calling someone who contributes to this site an idiot. I think an apology is in order. If you don't like it here there are other boards!!!

solardave
02-23-2010, 05:45 AM
You joined in 2008, only have 92 posts and you're calling someone who contributes to this site an idiot. I think an apology is in order. If you don't like it here there are other boards!!!

This will be my new sig.:sofunny: I didn't read on to realize that you actually insulted him Master. Shame on you. I hope you apologize.:sofunny:

truesteelerfan
02-23-2010, 10:43 AM
So does anyone have anything else to say about the topic? I would like to hear what the buzz is around Pittsburgh about potential FA that we won't hear around the rest of the country...

aclark99
02-23-2010, 02:44 PM
So does anyone have anything else to say about the topic? I would like to hear what the buzz is around Pittsburgh about potential FA that we won't hear around the rest of the country...
Could be said any better...just trying to see if anyone heard about our own FA's signing long term. I could care less at the ones that desire to play in the burgh. It is to early for that.

Merchant
02-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Steelers sign Brian Westbrook!!!!

...j/k

Indo
02-23-2010, 03:39 PM
People who will NEVER be Steelers:

Tomlinson
Westbrook
T.O.
Vick
Tebow

any others that I'm missing?

KJSteeler77
02-23-2010, 04:06 PM
^^basically anyone who is really flashy or a p*ssy haha ex) Reggie Bush and Brady Qinn

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 05:35 PM
^^^ Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and every other starting Quarterback in the league