PDA

View Full Version : LaDainian Tomlinson anyone????

taztroy43
02-22-2010, 06:52 PM
I know its not a realistic possibility but would anyone be opposed if the Steelers were to pick up LT for 3rd Down situation(as a 3rd down back).....I personally wouldn't mind @ all....I know he's 30 years old and has lost a step or two due to injuries...but if he's healthy and only on the field on 3rd downs or when needed....he would probably regain some of his explosiveness back because he wouldn't be taking a beating like he did in S.D.....For some reason I have the New England Cheaters picking him up....I believe that L.T. still has some gas left in his tank! So anyways what do youguys think of this highly unlikely possibility?????

7willBheaven
02-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Here we go...a big name is released and someone wants to pick him up. No no no no no no no no no!!! He's older...slower...seems whiney at times...he wants to start and probably decent money too. We do not need someone like that...we have Mendy, Moore and Summers (could be an awesome short yardage/change of pace back)...I'd even take Redman over LT at this point. Yes he WAS a good player and maybe still have some juice left in him...but no way should they even think about wasting money on him.

Venom
02-22-2010, 08:06 PM
He stated that he wants to go to a winning organization thats close on winning a championship. This guy is always hurt . If there is a big game , you will see LT on the sidelines.

Northside Jonny
02-22-2010, 08:57 PM
He stated that he wants to go to a winning organization thats close on winning a championship. This guy is always hurt . If there is a big game , you will see LT on the sidelines.

Agreed everytime its a big game he is either injured or no factor what so ever. Pass
Pass Pass on LT Oh yeah is he even good enough to have earned the LT title I think from now on i will refer to him as Tomlinson. The real LT was a Giant

Aussie_steeler
02-23-2010, 03:05 AM
Not this little black duck thank you.

Past his prime and past the point of contributing to this squad.

Let him ride off into the sunset on someone else's charitabe contract

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 04:45 AM
no no no no no why did this even come up the reason why the chargers cut him was because of money.

/thread

Galax Steeler
02-23-2010, 04:55 AM
I would have to say no to LT if he was in his prime I would say yes.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 05:27 AM
I would have to say no to LT if he was in his prime I would say yes.

:chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-23-2010, 09:02 AM
The only LT I want on our team already plays ILB for us.

SteelerEmpire
02-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Sounds like he might have the Steelers on his 'list'... I don't know which "championship" team would start him... but maybe starting out at 2nd string behind Mendy ???
Article. 2/22/10.
After being released by the Chargers on Thursday, LaDainian Tomlinson reiterated that he will play again in the NFL next season -- and he wants it to be at its highest level.

"The main thing for me now is to try to win a championship," Tomlinson, 30, told SI..com.

"That's my No. 1 goal. That's why I still work hard and train like I do, because I still believe there's a chance of winning that championship. So the next team I go to has to have a chance of winning a title. I can think of a few teams off the top of my head, but that's what my agent is for. I'm sure he's going to do some research, talk to some teams and present some options to me."

The Chargers' parting of ways with Tomlinson was expected, as the running back said in early February that he did not plan on returning to the only team he has played for in the NFL. Tomlinson had said earlier he would not take a pay cut in 2010.

Tomlinson didn't identify teams that he might consider signing with. But he said he wants to hook on with a team that has a QB in place who can help him win a Super Bowl.

"I do know that I would have to go to a team that has a (proven) quarterback," Tomlinson told SI. "A place where you know you have a chance to win because of the quarterback."

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 10:18 AM
If he wants to take the backup money he's more than welcome. At this point in his career he probably wan'ts a ring.

List of Places Available

Colts
Saints
Steelers
Patriots
Eagles
Bears
Packers

-Eagles are set at running back
-Saints got alot of backfield
-Cheatriots if they let Maroney go they could get L.T. but they already got 6 running backs on roster (4 cheating rb's)
-Colts? He would be barely used and they got donald brown and addai.
-Bears hmmm they got Jay Cutler but he needs to improve first, if L.T. goes to the Bears they never winning a super bowl
-Packers hmmm could be
-Texans? Schaubb is a good Quarterback but not good enough imo to win the big one.
-Steelers? maybe a possibility but if he dont want the paycut looks like he wants to start, but he must realise this that most teams won't use him much.

XxKnightxX
02-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Tomlinson had said earlier he would not take a pay cut in 2010

Uhhhh , yeah ok sure buddy, youre a 87 Camry on a used dealership trying to demand Certified Pre Owned money ? Fat Chance buddy, this guy doesnt really want a championship. Does he realize that hes not even starting material since hes so injury prone and also his age. ESPN is already making us seem as the front runners but he has to get his ego out of his way and just be a contributor. Personally Id love him on our team for the veteran stability as well as a great tutor to Mendenhall. He can split carries with Mendy as well as play an efficient 3rd down and be a hell of a receiver out of the backfield.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 10:57 AM
I think Brees will lobby for him to join him in the New Orleans if Reggie goes

Indo
02-23-2010, 10:59 AM
LT will never be a Steeler. Write it down.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 11:01 AM

Already is Lawrence Timmons :sofunny:

fansince'76
02-23-2010, 11:02 AM
He'll be with the Pats* next season. Book it.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 11:13 AM
He'll be with the Pats* next season. Book it.

well i dunno becasue of what happened back in 06...

Patriot fan post

Finally CompLainian Tomlinson is shown the door in SD. I cannot stand this guy. I almost wished he stayed with SD as it would help us b/c he would continue to have their running game suck.

I still remember CompLainian self proclaiming himself the best RB in the league this past summer on PTI. LOL. That worked out really well buddy. Go pout some more, talk about other teams being classless and talk about how disrespected you are.

This guy thought so much higher of himself than he truly was. He never showed up in big games. He only had one good playoff game (06 vs NE). Hopefully he signs on with a crappy team and never sniffs the playoffs again.

Steve Wyche at NFLN says LT could be a Viking........imagine Favre and LT on the same team.....The BIG BANG of Ego-plosion!

Mr. "I'm a classy guy" liked to say regarding the Pats " If you're not cheating you're not trying." Here's one for the class hole "If you're not trying, than it must be the playoffs."

LOl Cheat fans certainly don't want him.

fansince'76
02-23-2010, 11:29 AM
LOl Cheat fans certainly don't want him.

LMAO at the bandwagon* still hating on LT for calling a spade a spade in regards to their team 3+ years ago. :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 11:32 AM
LMAO at the bandwagon* still hating on LT for calling a spade a spade in regards to their team 3+ years ago. :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

I would laugh if the Cheats tried to sign him but publicly reject them because there not "championship calibre" and a cheating organisation. :sofunny:

It could happen i think he took that whole lights out thing too personally :chuckle:

ayyfour
02-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Dear Mr Rooney.. PLEASE bring this guy in.. imagine the mentor he could be to mendy, Willie's pretty much gone already and this guy brings a whole new dimension to our team (a RB with hands) (although some think MeMo is that role). Imagine our backfield with LT as a third down back or even a time share with Mendy. He wants a ring and we can be the ones to bring him just that, I bet he'd take a paycut to get what he's always dreamed of.. this could be something great if we just make a move..

AllD
02-23-2010, 11:46 AM

He and Shaun Alexander should go open a restaurant.

steelpride12
02-23-2010, 11:56 AM
You know Im not sure my opinion on this matter, but it is very likely the Steelers will be in the mix for this. I know this team is going to release Parker and what better of a mentor for Mendy. LT is not what he used to be and is on the decline. We could bring him in as a third down back and he can teach Mendy all he needs to know.

It's not as big of a long shot as everyone thinks it may be, but of course many other teams are willing to pick him up more than the Steelers. We will see how it all plays out.

memphissteelergirl
02-23-2010, 12:17 PM
The only LT I want on our team already plays ILB for us.

Agreed. I wish LaDanian all the luck in the world, but not in Black & Gold.

Dino 6 Rings
02-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Redskins will throw money at him.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Redskins will throw money at him.

He said he only wants a team that will have a chance at a ring lol. So i doubt they will try hmm interesting Snyders such a dick he probably throwns a $100M lol

Redskins will be far down that list

taztroy43
02-23-2010, 01:49 PM
LOL THE REAL "LT" PLAYED OLB FOR THE GIANTS....:thumbsup:!!!! YES LT IS MOST LIKELY GOING TO END UP W/ THE PATRIOTS....AND I WOULDNT WANT HIM IN BLACK AND GOLD. BECAUSE WE HAVE MENDY, REDMAN, & MOORE!!!! WE ALREADY HAVE TOO MANY BACKS AS IT IS...BUT IT WAS JUST AN IDEA.....:wink02:

taztroy43
02-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Here we go...a big name is released and someone wants to pick him up. No no no no no no no no no!!! He's older...slower...seems whiney at times...he wants to start and probably decent money too. We do not need someone like that...we have Mendy, Moore and Summers (could be an awesome short yardage/change of pace back)...I'd even take Redman over LT at this point. Yes he WAS a good player and maybe still have some juice left in him...but no way should they even think about wasting money on him.

HE DOESN'T WANT TO START....HE WANTS TO WIN A S.B.!!! BUT AGAIN IT WON'T HAPPEN BECAUSE WE ALREADY HAVE A BUNCH OF RB ON THE ROSTER!!!!

tony hipchest
02-23-2010, 02:11 PM
LT > moore > redman

Aussie_steeler
02-23-2010, 03:02 PM
I initially posted no way as I said he was past his prime.

In reality if the price is right - he would be considered.

I still believe that the steelers like to build from within and I feel that Moore will provide the experience to the RB core whilst another young player is brought up through the practice squad.

Upon reflection - if your sole goal was to win the Superbowl (regardless of cost to the team now and down the road) LT would be in the mix for the 3rd down back position.

I guess you can never say never

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Mendenhall>LT > moore > redman

Fixed :sofunny:

I wouldn't mind having him he adds that experience that Mendenhall could learn like holding onto the football hell maybe he can teach Limas Sweed the pressure and how to hold onto the football.

Wouldnt it be funny if we faced the Chargers in the AFC title game and Mendy was injured so L.T. starts and runs all over the Chargers :chuckle:

Fire Haley
02-23-2010, 03:41 PM
If we want a RB - draft a young stud with fresh legs.

Pass.

lionslicer
02-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Gotdammit, I bet no one would mention LT on the Steelers for another month, thanks for ruining it...

msafford
02-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Can we put all the posts about Brian Westbrook being released in this thread too? At least that'll save space so we can have just one useless thread as opposed to 2.

steelreserve
02-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Can we put all the posts about Brian Westbrook being released in this thread too? At least that'll save space so we can have just one useless thread as opposed to 2.

I have a better idea -- let's just make a sticky thread titled "Steelers will never sign _________ and you're stupid for even suggesting it" so that every time a big-name free agent becomes available, we can all immediately go there and post about how we'll never sign him, and bitch about how stupid everyone is if they dare to wonder about it because we don't sign big-name free agents and never ever will again ever. EVER.

EVER, you hear me?

Remember, being a real fan means you can't entertain yourself with what-ifs -- it's about being disciplined and serious the whole time, you Monday-morning quarterback, you.

steelerdude15
02-23-2010, 04:31 PM
NO!

msafford
02-23-2010, 04:38 PM
I have a better idea -- let's just make a sticky thread titled "Steelers will never sign _________ and you're stupid for even suggesting it" so that every time a big-name free agent becomes available, we can all immediately go there and post about how we'll never sign him, and bitch about how stupid everyone is if they dare to wonder about it because we don't sign big-name free agents and never ever will again ever. EVER.

EVER, you hear me?

Remember, being a real fan means you can't entertain yourself with what-ifs -- it's about being disciplined and serious the whole time, you Monday-morning quarterback, you.

I can't tell....are you being sarcastic? :wink02:

I apologize if I upset you, and I truly mean that. It's just that sometimes I would just like to yell ENOUGH ALREADY with the deluge of threads on the Steelers signing player X if the price is right. It more than likely isn't happening, although I may just eat my shorts if it does happen. I know, I know....just don't read the threads, you say. I can't help it. Steelers Fever is like smoking crack. very addictive!

Indo
02-23-2010, 04:49 PM

EVER, you hear me?

:thumbsup:
At my last count, the "We should sign X" threads are now beginning less than 3 hours after the release of said fantastic player that we should sign.

and I'm ALWAYS serious. ALWAYS.

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showpost.php?p=775225&postcount=25

ALWAYS, you hear me?

steelreserve
02-23-2010, 05:01 PM
I can't tell....are you being sarcastic? :wink02:

I apologize if I upset you, and I truly mean that. It's just that sometimes I would just like to yell ENOUGH ALREADY with the deluge of threads on the Steelers signing player X if the price is right. It more than likely isn't happening, although I may just eat my shorts if it does happen. I know, I know....just don't read the threads, you say. I can't help it. Steelers Fever is like smoking crack. very addictive!

Nah, I'm not mad at you or anything. It's just a general thing where people keep marveling at the pattern of how many repetitive free-agent threads there are ... and I marvel at the pattern of how this apparently still comes as a surprise to them.

SteelerEmpire
02-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Nah, I'm not mad at you or anything. It's just a general thing where people keep marveling at the pattern of how many repetitive free-agent threads there are ... and I marvel at the pattern of how this apparently still comes as a surprise to them.
-----------
Actuallly, a previous LT thread had a different "theme" than the latter... him possibly coming to the Steelers based off of his press conference was not mentioned in the former as its title's intent was to only discuss the end of his long career with the Chargers...

chonba
02-23-2010, 08:39 PM
LT is Chargers football 4life. The best RB ever. It was a good run and he'll be very missed. Sad day in San Diego................ LT LT LT!!

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 08:45 PM
LT is Chargers football 4life.The best RB ever. It was a good run and he'll be very missed. Sad day in San Diego................ LT LT LT!!

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: