PDA

View Full Version : Mayock Rates Earl Thomas higher than Eric Berry

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 10:18 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8167c086&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Quarterbacks
Sam Bradford*
Oklahoma

Jimmy Clausen*
Notre Dame

Colt McCoy
Texas

Tim Tebow
Florida

5t
Dan LeFevour
Central Michigan

5t
Tony Pike
Cincinnati

Running backs

C.J. Spiller
Clemson

Ryan Mathews*
Fresno State

Jahvid Best*
California

Jonathan Dwyer
Georgia Tech

5t
Joe McKnight*
Southern California

5t
Dexter McCluster
Mississippi

Safties
Earl Thomas*
Texas

Eric Berry*
Tennessee

Taylor Mays
Southern California

Chad Jones*
LSU

Nate Allen
Southern Florida

jonslow
02-23-2010, 11:01 AM
I've learned to take what Mayok thinks with a grain of salt. He always manages to throw some things into the mix that just don't make a whole lot of sense. I'll base what I think of Berry and Thomas based on what I've seen, and that's far from Mayok's mark.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 11:22 AM
I hope we get Thomas, Once Berry and Mays 40's are done he will be third safety overall.

I question that pick as well and some others there. Afterall he is the NFL.COM "Draft Mastermind"

taztroy43
02-23-2010, 01:01 PM
MAYBE ITS EARL THOMAS VERSATILITY THAT MADE MAYOCK PUT HIM OVER BERRY....BECAUSE ITS BEING SAID THAT HE CAN PLAY CB AND FS @ THE NEXT LEVEL....WHICH YOU GOTTA LOVE ABOUT THE GUY....I SERIOUSLY HOPE WE PICK HIM UP BECAUSE HAVING TROY AND EARL AS OUR SAFETIES WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!! I DON'T THINK TOO MANY TEAMS WOULD BE ABLE TO THROW DEEP ON US WITH THEM TWO OUT THERE!!!!!!

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 01:09 PM
lets go earl thomas trip up in the combine and dont sleep at night so u can fall so its a safe as sure pick lol.

jonslow
02-23-2010, 01:38 PM
MAYBE ITS EARL THOMAS VERSATILITY THAT MADE MAYOCK PUT HIM OVER BERRY....BECAUSE ITS BEING SAID THAT HE CAN PLAY CB AND FS @ THE NEXT LEVEL....WHICH YOU GOTTA LOVE ABOUT THE GUY....I SERIOUSLY HOPE WE PICK HIM UP BECAUSE HAVING TROY AND EARL AS OUR SAFETIES WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!! I DON'T THINK TOO MANY TEAMS WOULD BE ABLE TO THROW DEEP ON US WITH THEM TWO OUT THERE!!!!!!

Berry is also very versatile. He's just not being talked about as much as a corner because of his tremendous play-making ability at the safety position. His value is in his knack for always being around the ball.

MasterOfPuppets
02-23-2010, 01:54 PM
thomas is being talked about as a corner because he's not the typical size you look for in a safety in the NFL... it has nothing to do with his skill set. i have yet to see thomas compared to ed reed or sean taylor the way berry has..

Chidi29
02-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Curious as to why. Doesn't seem to offer an explanation.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 04:44 PM
We all know Berry is at the top.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-23-2010, 06:01 PM
I've learned to take what Mayok thinks with a grain of salt. He always manages to throw some things into the mix that just don't make a whole lot of sense. I'll base what I think of Berry and Thomas based on what I've seen, and that's far from Mayok's mark.

:applaudit:

Kind of like last year when he had Max Unger as the top center over Mack and Unger. or

When he had DeJuan Morgan his top safety of 2008.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 07:36 PM
lets go earl lets go steelers

Northside Jonny
02-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Honestly I think Maykock is comparing apples to oranges here. Thomas and Berry are completely different styles of player. It all depends on wich style you like more.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Honestly I think Maykock is comparing apples to oranges here. Thomas and Berry are completely different styles of player. It all depends on wich style you like more.

Don't forget to look at the other positions a few surprising entries here and there.

Northside Jonny
02-23-2010, 11:05 PM
I think Mayock might want to put the crack pipe down for a second.
1. Tebow is not a top 5 QB not now not ever
2. Ryan Mattews is rated way to high IMO
3. I also must disagree with Mays being the 3rd best safety in the draft

Honestly the only two positions I would agree with on the list would be OLB's and CB's

ricardisimo
02-23-2010, 11:59 PM
:applaudit:

Kind of like last year when he had Max Unger as the top center over Mack and Unger. or

When he had DeJuan Morgan his top safety of 2008.

He also had Mendenhall as the top RB of that class. Chris Johnson alone is making Mayock and everybody else look like a fool, and with Jonathan Stewart, Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Jamaal Charles and others in the mix, I think Mendy's got a long, hard road to prove him right.

tony hipchest
02-24-2010, 12:50 AM
. Afterall he is the NFL.COM "Draft Mastermind":chuckle:

...hardly.

He also had Mendenhall as the top RB of that class. Chris Johnson alone is making Mayock and everybody else look like a fool, and with Jonathan Stewart, Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Jamaal Charles and others in the mix, I think Mendy's got a long, hard road to prove him right.in all fairness, the last place any top flight recruit wants to go as a rookie is the steelers. they only get to start as a rookie based soley on necessity.

patrick willis woulda been a 1st year starter last year if he were selected by the steelers.

while he lacks a ring, im not too sure he would trade his career with timmons'.

i wonder how johnson would rebound from a cracked shoulderblade. :huh:

Chidi29
02-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Mayock always goes with a few crazy picks to keep people interested.

supa_fly_steeler
02-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Mayock has nothing to do in his life. LOL

All he does is watch College games and then make some picks that mostly go wrong.

That Idiot thought we would get Percy Harvin.

Northside Jonny
02-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Mayock has nothing to do in his life. LOL

All he does is watch College games and then make some picks that mostly go wrong.

That Idiot thought we would get Percy Harvin.

I would trade jobs with Maykock in a heartbeat!!!:popcorn::coffee::whistle:

taztroy43
03-01-2010, 12:29 AM
I think Mayock might want to put the crack pipe down for a second.
1. Tebow is not a top 5 QB not now not ever
2. Ryan Mattews is rated way to high IMO
3. I also must disagree with Mays being the 3rd best safety in the draft

Honestly the only two positions I would agree with on the list would be OLB's and CB's

Ryan Mathews is right where he should be!!! This guy is probably the most complete back coming out to the draft.......He was very underrated coming into the combine because not a lot of people knew about him....but guys like Mayock who watch his game tape, know what we've all seen @ Fresno State....the dude is 4-REAL!!!!! And like they said on NFL network....they wouldn't be surprised if he snuck in the late first round.....Shoot he probably can be the 1st back taken this upcoming draft.....I just believe that he's the most complete back in the draft.....With an opening @ San Diego....I think the Chargers might pull the trigger on him in the first or second round!!!!!

jollyrob68
03-01-2010, 12:37 AM
He also had Mendenhall as the top RB of that class. Chris Johnson alone is making Mayock and everybody else look like a fool, and with Jonathan Stewart, Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Jamaal Charles and others in the mix, I think Mendy's got a long, hard road to prove him right.

Mendenhall broke his scapula in his rookie season and he had a good year this season. It would of been great if we played Steeler football instead of worrying about Ben's stats.