PDA

View Full Version : ESPN suspends PTI's Kornheiser

Fire Haley
02-23-2010, 05:09 PM
I didn't see this...

ha ha!

He's right, you know

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2010/02/hannahboots.jpg

ESPN has suspended TV commentator Tony Kornheiser for remarks about fellow ESPN personality Hannah Storm, according to multiple reports Tuesday.

Kornheiser, the popular host of the show "Pardon the Interruption," is known for making sports figures the subject of his humorous criticism, but in a recent show he aimed his commentary at Storm's wardrobe.

"Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today," Kornheiser said. "Shes got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now.

"Shes got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body I know shes very good, and Im not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I wont but Hannah Storm come on now! Stop! What are you doing?"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/espn-suspends-tony-kornheiser-022310?GT1=39002

tony hipchest
02-23-2010, 05:14 PM
nice "CFM" boots hannah. :thumbsup:

viva la cougar!

thats pretty lame they suspended him for that.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 05:16 PM
lmao class act by him why did they suspend him idiots

devilsdancefloor
02-23-2010, 05:37 PM
lol that is funny!

Fire Haley
02-23-2010, 06:02 PM
you go Hannah .......hit!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1x1mvb2W23Q/Saa_oohgNrI/AAAAAAAAA0A/esnuW0nQoqs/s400/hannah1.jpg

AllD
02-23-2010, 07:25 PM
If he gets paid over the suspension it will be a ratings bonanza when he comes back. He can milk it.

silver & black
02-23-2010, 08:38 PM
That's it... ruin a decent show.., idiots.

Steeler in Carolina
02-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Typical ESPN suits. Can't have anyone criticize our employees.

Shea
02-23-2010, 10:49 PM
I get the suspension on this one guys. As a male you might not quite understand what often happens in the workplace for us girls, whether it be a negative remark or more often than not a positive and aggressive, yet mostly inappropriate attention from not a buddy, but a weirdo at work.

I enjoy PTI - watch it almost daily, but he was out of line on this one.

It would have been different if he was referring to a random woman outside of his workplace, but that wasn't the case here.

His remarks were tacky and insensitive and without punishing him, what kind of message would that send to the rest of his coworkers? And what kind of working environment would it be if such behavior went unchecked?

Having said all that - I absolutely LOVE boots. Looks like I need to get me another pair. I'm lovin' those red ones she's sportin' :chuckle: !

ricardisimo
02-23-2010, 11:38 PM
He's a dork, and an ugly, gawky bad-toothed balding dork at that. He's lucky that Hannah Storm doesn't point that out to him and to her audience every single day she's at work.

http://bigheaddc.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/kornheiser.PNG

This guy has the right to judge other people's appearance?

Shea
02-24-2010, 12:16 AM
He wouldn't have a chance with Hannah, would he? :noidea:

Well, of course he doesn't have the right to make comments about a woman's appearance, but that's the world we live in. No matter what a man looks like, he's always going to be allowed to judge women and their appearance. Doesn't matter what he looks like yet his opinion is validated and excepted - it's lost is some weird thing I haven't figured out yet, and I'm a woman that gets that, yet fortunately doesn't have to go through the same scrutiny since I'm (for now)(And have learned it won't be always be the case), attractive to men.

I just wish he would except he was/is going bald (seriously guys, it's OK we dont' care!) and get rid of the itty-bitty combover, take into account that he has a less than average face and that itty-bitty gut we can see. Why not play the same gender game, eh? :wink02:

What I really find interesting about this whole story though, is that he's an intelligent man. How can you not know when that is flying out your mouth that it will be wrong?

I'm not the smartest person on the planet, yet I know better than to make that mistake. :doh:

Fire Haley
02-24-2010, 03:51 AM
He's only on the bench for a couple days - a slap on the wrist.

If ESPN had any balls they would let her take his place on PTI for a show in retaliation.

Galax Steeler
02-24-2010, 04:27 AM
He's a dork, and an ugly, gawky bad-toothed balding dork at that. He's lucky that Hannah Storm doesn't point that out to him and to her audience every single day she's at work.

http://bigheaddc.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/kornheiser.PNG

This guy has the right to judge other people's appearance?

Now that is funny :rofl:

Venom
02-24-2010, 06:07 AM
What dopes at ESPN . Im going to support my Brooklyn boy Kornheiser on this one !

Hammer67
02-24-2010, 06:38 AM
Kornheiser is annoying. Even if her outfits are atrocious, who cares? It's a sports show!

Besides, Hannah is pretty cute.

SteelMember
02-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Although, his best option would have been not to comment, I kinda get where Tony was coming from:

Is that really "appropriate" for the workplace? Is it professional?

I mean, if she and ESPN want to market their product with sex... Hey, I can understand that, it's no secret about that success rate, but don't put it out there and think everyone is just going to accept it or always like it.

Wearing some revealing outfit is going to garner a reaction... either good or bad, as Shea said, but if your the person wearing it, you have to shoulder some responsibility. Because usually, the reaction is what your after in the first place.

Sure, she is probably feeling pretty good about her body, but really, who is she... the Erin Brockovich of sporting news?

I can guarantee you, the other females there were talking about it. And it probably was not all praising, but they weren't on the air. That, to me is the only difference.

As for the outfit... not bad, imo. The skirt was the least flattering...and kinda "dated". :noidea:

supa_fly_steeler
02-24-2010, 08:30 AM
When is Tony due back on? is it a timed suspension or just how ESPN feel about it.

St33lersguy
02-24-2010, 05:39 PM
He should have been fired already for underperformance anyway. I saw no point in saying that and the fact that he did sums up his annoying career.

Shea
02-24-2010, 11:50 PM
He should have been fired already for underperformance anyway. I saw no point in saying that and the fact that he did sums up his annoying career.

I don't quite buy the theory about an annoying career.

I understand that he was a journalist first, of which I've never read any of his writings, but it must have been above average to land him into a medium where others haven't reached and a career that resulted into opportunities in not only radio but television.

He didn't cut the muster on MNF and I admit I prefer and enjoy Gruden over him, but the fact that he made it into that coveted position says something.

I really enjoy PTI, and him and Mike Wilbon make for a great mix and tandem which has resulted into a successful show which has been on for many years.

Me thinks his career is doing just fine.

stlrtruck
02-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Finally!!! I can't stand Kornheiser, he was an idiot on Monday Night Football and he was a pain in the ear on PTI. Whoever thought he deserved to be aired should be fired and let the corpse rot in DC where it belongs!

TroysBadDawg
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
This old man thinks Hannah is hot. but then again anything living and breathing can be hot to me, well almost anyone. Hey HTG your still hot too.