PDA

View Full Version : The Earl Thomas Thread

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 08:12 PM
http://img.fannation.com/upload/si_blog_post_images/50141/earl_thomas.jpg

Video Archive:
Earl Thomas Media Day Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZfJ5vA0Q6g)
Earl Thomas- "The Playmaker" Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK_tq6nqCPU&feature=related)
Texas vs. Colorado 2009 - Earl Thomas 92 Yard Interception Return (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dniFrOtnNvw)
~Texas Elites~ (DB-Defense of 2008) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj1027GRUzs&feature=related)
S Earl Thomas Highlights/Lowlights 2009 Texas vs Ok. St./Nebraska/Bama (Ihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRrjr5HG_ck&feature=related)

Earl Thomas Web References:
Earl Thomas Wikipedia Page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Thomas_%28defensive_back%29)

Earl Thomas Scouting Report
Position: SS
School & Year/Status: Texas - Sophomore
Jersey Number: #12
Height & Weight: 5'10 - 197 lbs.
Ranked #47 on our Top 100 Prospects Board

Few players have come as far as Earl Thomas in such a short amount of time. The 5-10 strong safety was not that highly touted coming out of high school and redshirted his first year at Texas. As a redshirt freshman in 2008, Thomas totaled 72 tackles, two interceptions and broke up 17 passes. He was even an integral part of the special teams unit. Thomas is just a sophomore in 2009, but he will be eligible for the draft since he will be three years out of high school.

He might leave early if he keeps performing like he has so far in 2009. Through six games, Thomas is second on the team with 27 tackles and has amassed an incredible five interceptions (and he even forced a fumble).

Thomas' 5-10, 197 pound frame is not ideal for the NFL, but he is not a weak player. He has good coverage skills and a ton of speed, so he could be converted into a corner. However, he has enough strength to play strong safety in most systems and certainly has more than enough potential to develop into a consistent player. Thomas might have some more to prove before he is ready for the NFL; it would probably make the most sense for him to come back to Texas for at least one more year.

1/19 Update: Thomas kept up his impressive sophomore campaign and ended the year ranked second on the team with 77 tackles. More impressively, he picked off eight passes and broke up 16 more. His versatility is making his stock move up extremely quickly and Thomas should be a first or second round selection when all is said and done and that is why he opted to go pro after just two years of playing for the Longhorns.
This thread is to talk about the Greatest Safety in this years draft IMO if he goes to the right team. Talk about leading up to the draft (Combine, Pro Day Workouts) to his great NCAA years.

Lets Go Steelers

My last thread on my favourite college player except Tygod Taylor (Hah wait until he comes out of college how many threads i will start jk lol)

Chidi29
02-23-2010, 08:20 PM
And this, my friends, is exactly why the restraining order was created.

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 08:21 PM

This is to talk about Earl Thomas.

Man if u just hating towards Thomas just leave this is thread to look at for updates ect

Merchant
02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Dude.. we get it.. you like Earl Thomas lol.. give the guy some breathing room

BKAnthem
02-23-2010, 09:24 PM

:toofunny:

You gotta admit though Supa, If we were to hear about a rabbit cooking on Thomas' Kitchen stove in the near future, all eyes would be on you...

Seriously though...If the Steelers do grab him i would love to see him converted to corner Opposite Taylor...Taylor seems to play to a higher level when he has someone on the other side with skill....

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Dude.. we get it.. you like Earl Thomas lol.. give the guy some breathing room

Thanks let's not make this thread about me only about Earl Thomas. So be it if there is only 1 or 2 replies a week or me just doing updates just want a resource kind of page so that people can view his youtube videos that i searched hard to fine ect ect.

As Long as he isn't a Giants and Especially a Cowboy i will be fine :sofunny:

Northside Jonny
02-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Supa LET IT GO MAN !!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure about 80% + of people on this site are in agreement with you about Earl. If you don't let it go you are going to jinx us little brother. I'm going to the store right now to look for the Earl Thomas nicorette , when I find it I will overnight it to you so you can wheen yourself from his Pee Pee . Seriously LET IT GO! IF WE MISS OUT ON HIM IN THE DRAFT I WILL FOREVER LAY BLAME SQUARELY ON YOUR SHOULDERS MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!

7willBheaven
02-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Wow....this is getting sad Supa...we know you have a man crush on him. It comes up in i would say just about every other thread on the War Room Board. The only thing i see this thread getting is posts like mine and the ones before mine (especially since we've discussed him to death already)....

supa_fly_steeler
02-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Supa LET IT GO MAN !!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure about 80% + of people on this site are in agreement with you about Earl. If you don't let it go you are going to jinx us little brother. I'm going to the store right now to look for the Earl Thomas nicorette , when I find it I will overnight it to you so you can wheen yourself from his Pee Pee . Seriously LET IT GO! IF WE MISS OUT ON HIM IN THE DRAFT I WILL FOREVER LAY BLAME SQUARELY ON YOUR SHOULDERS MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!

Lolz. Pressures. LOL

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=48424

View my mock draft of picks 1-18.

Aussie_steeler
02-24-2010, 01:19 AM
I love the passion supa. You keep riding Earl Thomas as hard as you can until the draft gets here. LLT rode Doug Legursky a little bit once. Hell I even tried to ride Alex Mack last year.

Draftgeeks do love to pimp their guy............... but your level of pimpin reminds me a little of this

ifR2rtZnn-E

Keep having fun supa :thumbsup:

supa_fly_steeler
02-24-2010, 07:24 AM
lol :sofunny:

Chidi29
02-24-2010, 07:50 PM
This is to talk about Earl Thomas.

Man if u just hating towards Thomas just leave this is thread to look at for updates ect

You know I'm just busting your chops. Feel free to pimp away. I'm sure I'll be doing the same at some point.

No hard feelings?

supa_fly_steeler
02-25-2010, 09:25 PM
You know I'm just busting your chops. Feel free to pimp away. I'm sure I'll be doing the same at some point.

No hard feelings?

I don't have feelings i feel no emotions.

So yea that.

supa_fly_steeler
02-26-2010, 04:22 PM
PERSONAL
Born in Orange, Texas ... enrolled in the college of education ... a member of the honor roll as a prepster ... an active member of his church in which his grandfather, Earl Thomas, is the pastor ... was part of a rebuilding project following Hurricane Katrina ... involved in school leadership ... plays piano in church and played tenor saxophone in the band when he was younger ... his uncle, Anthony Thomas, was a linebacker at Stephen F. Austin (1997-99).
The Thomas File
Nickname: E.T.
During pregame, I like to: Eat the same thing (pickle and a watermelon slush)
Favorite TV channels: Disney Channel, ESPN
Favorite TV show: Smart Guy
I can't believe I watch: I Love New York
Favorite movie: Little Giants
Sports hero: Nathan Vasher
Favorite superhero: Superman
Favorite music artist: Musiq Soulchild
Favorite video game: Madden '07
Favorite cartoon character: Bugs Bunny
Nobody knows I can: Play piano
I came to Texas because: They make you feel really comfortable

Some stuff i didn't know about him helping out on Hurricane Katrina. I also have to question why he would watch the Disney Channel at the age of 20 lol. Hopefully that was when he was younger.

Northside Jonny
02-26-2010, 04:41 PM
This is on the verge of obsession supa your man crush is scaring the shit out of me.

supa_fly_steeler
02-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Huh i copied it from the texas longhorn website lol.

And btw he isn't my favourite prospect this year. Stephan Virgil and Kam Chancellor is

Nadroj 20
02-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Huh i copied it from the texas longhorn website lol.

And btw he isn't my favourite prospect this year. Stephan Virgil and Kam Chancellor is

Who did those guys play for? :chuckle:

supa_fly_steeler
02-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Who did those guys play for? :chuckle:

Hmmmmm dunno :chuckle:

Psyychoward86
02-26-2010, 05:15 PM
PERSONAL
Born in Orange, Texas ... enrolled in the college of education ... a member of the honor roll as a prepster ... an active member of his church in which his grandfather, Earl Thomas, is the pastor ... was part of a rebuilding project following Hurricane Katrina ... involved in school leadership ... plays piano in church and played tenor saxophone in the band when he was younger ... his uncle, Anthony Thomas, was a linebacker at Stephen F. Austin (1997-99).
The Thomas File
Nickname: E.T.
During pregame, I like to: Eat the same thing (pickle and a watermelon slush)
Favorite TV channels: Disney Channel, ESPN
Favorite TV show: Smart Guy
I can't believe I watch: I Love New York
Favorite movie: Little Giants
Sports hero: Nathan Vasher
Favorite superhero: Superman
Favorite music artist: Musiq Soulchild
Favorite video game: Madden '07
Favorite cartoon character: Bugs Bunny
Nobody knows I can: Play piano
I came to Texas because: They make you feel really comfortable

Some stuff i didn't know about him helping out on Hurricane Katrina. I also have to question why he would watch the Disney Channel at the age of 20 lol. Hopefully that was when he was younger.

sounds like a steeler :chuckle:

supa_fly_steeler
02-26-2010, 05:21 PM
sounds like a steeler :chuckle:

Steelers don't watch the disney channel the bENGals do! :chuckle:

Isn't ESPN the disney channel :sofunny:

PhantomJB93
02-26-2010, 09:14 PM
I really hope we take this guy if Joe Haden and Eric Berry are off the board. I think this guy will be an AMAZING safety in the NFL and will officially give us the best S-tandem in the NFL.

supa_fly_steeler
02-26-2010, 09:29 PM
I really hope we take this guy if Joe Haden and Eric Berry are off the board. I think this guy will be an AMAZING safety in the NFL and will officially give us the best S-tandem in the NFL.

I would rather have earl thomas more than Berry and Haden.

Galax Steeler
02-27-2010, 06:18 AM

I can guarantee you that they will be gone by 18 and probably Thomas as well but I hope not.

supa_fly_steeler
02-27-2010, 06:23 AM
I can guarantee you that they will be gone by 18 and probably Thomas as well but I hope not.

NOOO Don't SAY THAT!!!!

http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/whip.gif

Have faith and pray to Jesus!!!!!!

And if that don't happen there is always Stefan Virgil :chuckle:

I hope Earl Thomas measures in at 5"9

supa_fly_steeler
02-28-2010, 04:22 PM
UT safety Earl Thomas: Cowboys his favorite team
David Moore/Reporter
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/02/ut-safety-earl-thomas-cowboys-his-favori.html

Earl Thomas grew up in Texas.

Yes, Orange still counts as Texas.

He played his college ball at the University of Texas. His favorite NFL team growing up was the Cowboys. What if the Cowboys took him in this draft?

"It would be great,'' Thomas said. "Wherever I go is good.''

It's unlikely that Thomas will still be on the board when the Cowboys pick at No. 27 in the first round. At 5-foot-10 he's a bit undersized _ "I'm probably not as tall as some teams in the NFL want their safeties to be,'' Thomas conceded _ but he has outstanding speed and instincts for the position. He also weighed in at 208 pounds, which is eight to 10 pounds above his playing weight at UT.

"The extra weight helps if I'm going to be in the box, banging heads all day,'' Thomas said.

How does he describe himself to teams?

"I'm physical,'' Thomas said. "Versatile. A hard worker. I'm not looking to sit back. I want to make an impact right away.''

I think he would push Ryan Clark and definitley the Cornerbacks straight away if we selected him... A great Steeler attitude. I don't see Casey making comments about working straight away and hard if he had the franchise tag.

jollyrob68
02-28-2010, 05:29 PM
David Moore/Reporter
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/02/ut-safety-earl-thomas-cowboys-his-favori.html

He played his college ball at the University of Texas. His favorite NFL team growing up was the Cowboys. What if the Cowboys took him in this draft?

It's unlikely that Thomas will still be on the board when the Cowboys pick at No. 27 in the first round. At 5-foot-10 he's a bit undersized _ "I'm probably not as tall as some teams in the NFL want their safeties to be,'' Thomas conceded _ but he has outstanding speed and instincts for the position. He also weighed in at 208 pounds, which is eight to 10 pounds above his playing weight at UT.

"The extra weight helps if I'm going to be in the box, banging heads all day,'' Thomas said.

"I'm physical,'' Thomas said. "Versatile. A hard worker. I'm not looking to sit back. I want to make an impact right away.''

I think he would push Ryan Clark and definitley the Cornerbacks straight away if we selected him... A great Steeler attitude. I don't see Casey making comments about working straight away and hard if he had the franchise tag.

I like Thomas and hope he's there so The Steelers can get The BPA for the team.

jollyrob68
02-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey Super Fly Steeler, Earl Thomas 5'10" 208 lbs. I think he came ready to secure a spot in the first round. You might get your wish.

supa_fly_steeler
02-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Hey Super Fly Steeler, Earl Thomas 5'10" 208 lbs. I think he came ready to secure a spot in the first round. You might get your wish.

I real want him. Even if he goes to another team i wish him nothing but lomardi's if the steelers arn't in the post season if he is... He sounds like someone just wanting to play for a team and do real good. He's a hokie and steeler by heart but a dirty cowboy fan by life. (wasn't his fault growing up around bandwagoners)

He came in 18lbs heavier than what scouts had it him at....

I think the 49ers want a real physical guy Singletary likes his guys macho.

supa_fly_steeler
02-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Indianapolis – Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon, the second rated outside linebacker in the draft by Pro Football Weekly, is doing his due diligence on the Falcons.

“I’ve seen Mr. (Thomas) Dimitroff out here a couple of times and he’s a great guy,” Weatherspoon said.

As the Falcons have tried to rebuild their defense, Dimitroff has used both of his second round picks on players from the Big 12 conference. In 2008, he selected Oklahoma linebacker Curtis Lofton. Last season, Missouri safety William Moore was the pick.

Weatherspoon, wants to be drafted higher, but wouldn’t mind coming to the Falcons at the 19th pick. The Falcons don’t have a second round pick this year. It was sent to Kansas City in the Tony Gonzalez trade.

“I like the Falcons,” Weatherspoon said. “I like their style of defense and I like their linebackers. I know Lofton personally. I played against him in the Big 12.”

Weatherspoon has also been talking to Moore about the Falcons.

“He’d tell me how things were working out,” Weatherspoon said. “How you really have to step up really fast. That’s something that he said he wished he’d done a little bit better. He wishes he would have stepped up a little bit more.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2010/02/28/nfl-combine-weatherspoon-wants-to-be-a-falcon/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_falcons_blog

David Moore/Reporter
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...is-favori.html

Looks like Earl Thomas is a team player and would want to play for any team. Looks like Weatherspoon wants to be obnoxious and go to a team he only wants to go to.

He just went down in my likingbook a long way

feel free to comment and flame but id if i was a prospect i wouldn't say who i would preferrably want to go to shortly before the draft and publicly

7willBheaven
02-28-2010, 08:04 PM
I personally think your looking into this too much and taking it the wrong way. Whoever wrote this article brought up these 2 teams to each guy respectively and they both said they wouldnt mind going to those said teams (Falcons and Cowboys). Weatherspoon has some friends with the Falcons as he talked about what they've been telling him/etc....thats it...it doesnt say he doesnt want to go anywhere else or anything of the sort...just giving his opinion on what was asked and so on. Thomas says it'd be great to go to the Cowboys...just like Weatherspoon said it'd be great to go to the Falcons...your over analyzing the stuff that the reporter decided to put into the article from the whole convo's he had with these guys. Simple as that...I dont take what Weatherspoon said as him being "obnoxious and go to a team he only wants to go to"...mix all this with your love of Earl Thomas and wanting him to look even better/etc/etc...and there you have it.

Northside Jonny
02-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Your personal feelings are effecting your judgement Supa! Spoon doesn't come off obnoxious one bit! Heres a pic for you to stew over.
http://www.columbiamissourian.com/media/multimedia/2009/08/09/media/080909_FanDay3_t_w600_h600.jpg
Sure looks like a real Asshole to me! How u like them apples supa?:point:

St33lersguy
02-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Taking things out of context. Why not just say you like Earl Thomas better because he is simply a better prospect.

Sharkissle29
02-28-2010, 08:32 PM
dumb thread, stretching way too far

supa_fly_steeler
02-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Your personal feelings are effecting your judgement Supa! Spoon doesn't come off obnoxious one bit! Heres a pic for you to stew over.
http://www.columbiamissourian.com/media/multimedia/2009/08/09/media/080909_FanDay3_t_w600_h600.jpg
Sure looks like a real Asshole to me! How u like them apples supa?:point:

Damn i like that picture.

Does he arrive 1 hour before the start of practises to sign autographs though :chuckle:

Those apples taste nice.

Maybe i did overlook the thread and i was just angry with it because he my #2 to be a steeler...

Still...... lol

tony hipchest
02-28-2010, 08:45 PM
dumb thread, stretching way too farnot at all...

we really needed an 18th earl thomas thread.

especially one with a screaming, yelling, all caps title. :rolleyes:

so anyways... arians and obama walked into a bar....

supa_fly_steeler
02-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Thomas adds some bulk
By Suzanne Halliburton | Sunday, February 28, 2010, 01:08 PM
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/02/28/thomas_adds_som.html

INDIANAPOLIS — Safety Earl Thomas tipped the scale at 208 pounds today when the defensive backs were measured at the NFL combine.

That should partially answer questions about his size. But he’s still considered short by pro safety standards at 5-10 1/2 inches.

Thomas and the rest of the defensive backs will run the 40-yard dash and go through other agility drills Tuesday.

Thomas declined to say which teams have been talking to him since he arrived in Indianapolis.

Steely McSmash
02-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Weatherspoon, wants to be drafted higher, but wouldn’t mind coming to the Falcons at the 19th pick

Clearly tunnelvision....

If the Steelers actually pick Earl Thomas, I think Supa is going to need to be sedated.

PittdaBurgh56
03-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Earl Thomas a team player and Weatherspoon not?!?!?!? U got to be kidding me. First you have to look at the context of the question and how it was asked to spoon. In no way shape or form does that little interview say anything about how this guys thinks for example go read the article on the PG about Weatherspoon
Heres a tid bit of it
"I love football. It's not a right to play football. It's a privilege. The good Lord has blessed me with that privilege to be here, and I am excited. " quote by Weatherspoon
"Coach [Mike] Tomlin said he saw me fitting in at either the mack or the buck," Weatherspoon said, referring to the positions played by Farrior (buck) and Lawrence Timmons (mack) in the Steelers' defense. "He was saying inside, that is what he talked about. I don't have a problem with that.
"If I've got to do the dirty work and take on the linemen to free up the other players for them to make plays, then I am all about that. I am all about just being a team guy and taking care of business."

Weatherspoon is a freak who loves to play football and doesnt care what his job is as long as he playing in the NFL. He understand what would already be asked by him if he came to the steelers.

Weatherspoon>Thomas....at football, and character

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10060/1039382-66.stm#ixzz0gwHU1hkV

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 10:23 AM
UT's Thomas ‘just a ballplayer ready to play'
Safety says he can help out at any DB position
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/texas/6890591.html

INDIANAPOLIS — For the last two years, University of Texas quarterback Colt McCoy watched safety Earl Thomas in games and in practice.

When McCoy was asked last week at the scouting combine what kind of NFL player he believes Thomas will be, he didn't hesitate.

“I think Earl's going to be a hell of a player,” McCoy said.

Thomas (5-10, 208), a third-year sophomore who intercepted eight passes last season, projects to free safety in the NFL. He is ranked second to Tennessee's Eric Berry at his position.

“I think of myself as a defensive back playing corner, (free) safety or strong safety — wherever they need me, even in the slot,” he said. “I'm comfortable everywhere.

“I'm physical, versatile and a hard worker. I'm not looking to come in and sit and watch. I'm looking to make an impact as soon as I get there.

“I'm just a ballplayer ready to play.”

Thomas, who grew up in Orange, is known as a ball hawk. He has speed, range and instincts for free safety. That kind of ability helped him intercept eight passes in 13 games last season.

“It was just a mixture of great coaching, taking coaching well and instincts,” Thomas said. “It was getting the quarterback in (my) eyes and making a play .”
A familiar type

Thomas, a Dallas Cowboys fan growing up, has been compared to Baltimore's Ed Reed, a former NFL defensive player of the year.

“He's a great player, and I'm pretty sure he's going to be in the Hall of Fame and, that's a great comparison,” Thomas said. “I think I have a long way to go if I want to compare my game to (his), but I thank you for the accolades.”

The Texans have the 20th pick, and even though free safety isn't one of their most pressing needs, Thomas would be hard to pass up. The Cowboys also need a safety.

“It doesn't matter to me where I go because I just want an opportunity to play, but that would be special,” Thomas said about the possibility of being able to stay in Texas.

Thomas left the Longhorns two years early because his family needs his help. They lost their home in Hurricane Rita, and his parents have been forced to reside with his grandparents.

Thomas knows what he is going to do with his signing bonus.

“It was devastating to everybody in the community,” Thomas said. “We were staying in a hotel for a while. That was one of the biggest reasons for me coming out here.
All about family

“It was a big family decision, and I felt like I was ready for the next level, and I'd get to be a great help to the family. I'm going to definitely get them out of my grandparents' house and live in my house.

“They've been taking care of me all my life, and it's going to feel good to finally take care of them for once.”

Longhorns receiver Jordan Shipley went against Thomas in practice. Unless they are teammates in the NFL, Thomas will be the enemy.

“Earl has got some (ability) that's hard to coach,” Shipley said. “He's really good at keeping his legs under people and disrupting routes.

“Obviously, he's really fast. He has good makeup speed. You put all those things together, and he's really good.”

Thomas also has intangibles that scouts like.

“He was real energetic, a defensive leader, even as a sophomore,” UT offensive tackle Adam Ulatoski said. “People look up to him because he's a great player who's smart and has a good attitude.

Supa Note:

I like what he's going to do with his signing bonus, unlike other draftees who just buy the cars he wants to help his family move out of a hotel. Nice Kid really nice guy sounds like.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 10:36 AM
What do you think he's gonna do make them stay in a hotel while he lives it up! Just about 99.9% of people would do the same thing, there is really nothing special about taking care of your family it's called responsebility.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 10:46 AM
It's really starting to look like Spoon is a better fit for the Classy Steeler organization both on and off the field!

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Oh yeah I forgot!!
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Player/video/SEANWEATHERSPOON100_1015.JPG:funny::nw::point::whi stle::yep:

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 11:00 AM
What do you think he's gonna do make them stay in a hotel while he lives it up! Just about 99.9% of people would do the same thing, there is really nothing special about taking care of your family it's called responsebility.

no not alot, alot of the people are big headed and will want to spend the money on cars or for themselves.

Yes he's not the only one others that come to mind are Reggie Bush ect.

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Earl Thomas a team player and Weatherspoon not?!?!?!? U got to be kidding me. First you have to look at the context of the question and how it was asked to spoon. In no way shape or form does that little interview say anything about how this guys thinks for example go read the article on the PG about Weatherspoon
Heres a tid bit of it
"I love football. It's not a right to play football. It's a privilege. The good Lord has blessed me with that privilege to be here, and I am excited. " quote by Weatherspoon
"Coach [Mike] Tomlin said he saw me fitting in at either the mack or the buck," Weatherspoon said, referring to the positions played by Farrior (buck) and Lawrence Timmons (mack) in the Steelers' defense. "He was saying inside, that is what he talked about. I don't have a problem with that.
"If I've got to do the dirty work and take on the linemen to free up the other players for them to make plays, then I am all about that. I am all about just being a team guy and taking care of business."

Weatherspoon is a freak who loves to play football and doesnt care what his job is as long as he playing in the NFL. He understand what would already be asked by him if he came to the steelers.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10060/1039382-66.stm#ixzz0gwHU1hkV

thomas will have a better career in the nfl than weatherspoon.

this arguement came up when i was arguing about timmons v griffin to a titan fan.

look who won that arguement. im no way backing up any linebacker changing positions now i lost money on that bet.

PittdaBurgh56
03-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Ha Ha Thomas wont have a better career than Weatherspoon. Weatherspoon can do it all at his postion. Thomas was just a ballhawk in college and couldnt play agasint the run people talk about mays taking bad angles on tackles go watch thomas it esp showed in the bowl game where bama ran all over them esp to thoams side of the field.
Weatherspoon has it all and you talk about people changing postions. Um woodley was a DE in college Farrior was an outside LB in college and look at his career as a ILB. You should know postions in college means nothing in the NFl guys change postion all the time and have great careers. Where as small undersize defensive players get worn down and beat up in his league esp with the bigger backs now.

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Ha Ha Thomas wont have a better career than Weatherspoon. Weatherspoon can do it all at his postion. Thomas was just a ballhawk in college and couldnt play agasint the run people talk about mays taking bad angles on tackles go watch thomas it esp showed in the bowl game where bama ran all over them esp to thoams side of the field.
Weatherspoon has it all and you talk about people changing postions. Um woodley was a DE in college Farrior was an outside LB in college and look at his career as a ILB. You should know postions in college means nothing in the NFl guys change postion all the time and have great careers. Where as small undersize defensive players get worn down and beat up in his league esp with the bigger backs now.

You don't know what the future holds for them.

Why are you laughing at Thomas, are you jealous he has a legit shot at the NFL as a solid defensive player.

Polamalu is undersized??????????????

Woodley is a beast, Farrior is a great... Look at the Timmons experiment. Awful awful awful.

earl thomas 5"10 208 lbs
troy polamalu 5"11 207 lbs
michael griffin 5"10 205lbs

strong safeties are suppose to be heavier.

Yea i see Polamalu get beat up everywhere like a pulp.

I dont see Griffin getting owned.

Your talking with hate speech, seriously it's a draft you dont need to take it as if weatherspoons last days on the planet are this month.

FYI Micah Johnson is a better beast at run stopping, something Farrior posses and Timmons does not. Timmons was also suppose to replace Foote, who excelled at run stopping.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 11:22 AM
B] Look at the Timmons experiment. Awful awful [/B]awful.

Again WRONG considering the fact that Timmons has really only started for one season. If you use that logic than Troy was a failure because he didn't play his first year!

PittdaBurgh56
03-01-2010, 11:26 AM
The Timmons experiment is not awful. Anyone who says that doesnt know football.

First off Troy is 206 LBs 5-10/5-11 not totally undersize and you should know that Troy as only played one full season due to injuries because of the punishment these defensive players take. So you take a guy like Thomas 5/9 190Lbs he is due to wear down quickly and hes only got one thing going for him INTs, run the ball at him game over.

Ryan clark has 2 solid years left in the NFL. Farrior 1 if hes lucky. The need for Farriors replacement is more important than a safety in round 1.
Thomas may be a great player who really knows but that fact is ILB is more of a need for the steelers at this point.

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Again WRONG considering the fact that Timmons has really only started for one season. If you use that logic than Troy was a failure because he didn't play his first year!

timmons has had 2 years. he started a few games in the 2008 season.

and yes so far it has been awful look at the linebackers taken below him...

Paul Posluszny > Lawrence Timmons
Jon Beason > Lawrence Timmons
David Harris > Lawrence Timmons (Both same type of player, Harris far better)
Justin Durant Split between Lawrence Timmons
Stephan Nicholas > Lawrence Timmons (debateable)

David Harris is a far better blitzing and coverage and tackling linebacker taken in the second.

Started 16 games this year same as timmons 127 tackles, near 6 sacks, 2 ints, 2 ffs

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 11:29 AM
The Timmons experiment is not awful. Anyone who says that doesnt know football.

First off Troy is 206 LBs 5-10/5-11 not totally undersize and you should know that Troy as only played one full season due to injuries because of the punishment these defensive players take. So you take a guy like Thomas 5/9 190Lbs he is due to wear down quickly and hes only got one thing going for him INTs, run the ball at him game over.

Are YOU STUPID THOMAS HAS BEEN MEASURED. Don't tell me what the stats are when i have looked them up.

He weights more than Polamalu.

Griffin weighs less than Polamalu. Solid tackler.

Go away and learn facts first.

And Yes Polamalu is undersized for a strong safety. Does he play like one no.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 11:33 AM
timmons has had 2 years. he started a few games in the 2008 season.

and yes so far it has been awful look at the linebackers taken below him...

Paul Posluszny > Lawrence Timmons
Jon Beason > Lawrence Timmons
David Harris > Lawrence Timmons (Both same type of player, Harris far better)
Justin Durant Split between Lawrence Timmons
Stephan Nicholas > Lawrence Timmons (debateable)

David Harris is a far better blitzing and coverage and tackling linebacker taken in the second.

Started 16 games this year same as timmons 127 tackles, near 6 sacks, 2 ints, 2 ffs

Tell me supa what have any of these guys who you say are better than Timmons Won in their carrers? Timmons is a better fit for the 3-4 Zone blitz than any of those scabs you just listed in your futile attempt to make a valid point out of garbage comments!

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Tell me supa what have any of these guys who you say are better than Timmons Won in their carrers? Timmons is a better fit for the 3-4 Zone blitz than any of those scabs you just listed in your futile attempt to make a valid point out of garbage comments!

What has Timmons won latley?

Oh yeah a ring as backup.

David Harris has the stats Pro Bowls and contributed heavily as a reason to why Revis was able to shut down recievers so well.

Harris was sack leader and tackling leader. Timmons did f all last season. Harris had nearly twice as many tackles as Timmons in the near same amount of games.

PittdaBurgh56
03-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Um he does not weigh more than Troy lol

YOu got to realize that the steelers wont pick thomas...thank god you arent in our front office

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Um he does not weigh more than Troy lol

YOu got to realize that the steelers wont pick thomas...thank god you arent in our front office

Thank god i don't know you in real life.

Your stupid, dont reply to me Troy weighs 1 lbs lighter than Thomas on most sites.

Go cry in a corner whilst Weatherspoon gets selected by the Giants.

PittdaBurgh56
03-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Hahahahahaha no he doesnt your an idiot.
I would love to know you in real life...but im not going to argue like a 5th grader.
Just you got to realize thomas isnt what the steelers need right now.

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Hahahahahaha no he doesnt your an idiot.
I would love to know you in real life...but im not going to argue like a 5th grader.
Just you got to realize thomas isnt what the steelers need right now.

Im not the idiot because he does way lighter. You stupid brainless fool.

Your posts make me want to rather kill baby puppies

Troy Polamalu combine weight 206lbs
earl thomas combine weight 208lbs.

Stop hating in this thread, i dont like you, if i met you in real life i would rather date a fat sweaty obese woman.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 12:02 PM
You lie supa you have no life you are on here 24 - 7 . At least every time i sign on you are an active user.

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 12:05 PM
You lie supa you have no life you are on here 24 - 7 . At least every time i sign on you are an active user.

i lie? do u want me to go and find my sport certificates and scan them????????

I'm not on here 24/7.

I wasn't here at 12:30am i was socializing in my village.... hmmmm someone seems to be immature trying to take shots at me because i disagree with them over Lawerence Timmons which is entirely my opinion. Real mature.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Wow I guess what they say about Brits is true!

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Wow I guess what they say about Brits is true!

And what's that taking country shots now?

Add in South Africa as well, im from there as well.

Id like to see what you talk about those countries please it entertains me.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Hey Supa:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm done with you LIAR!

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 12:18 PM
WTF?

Have you got a life? I want to know what they say are true?

Afterall we did invent many sports....

Hopefully this doesn't speak for most americans but you must be one of the most ignorant American's i have known.

I been told by others (Candians) that they hate Americans for reasons like you.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Oh yeah like us americans care about what those syrup chuggers say about us!

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 12:22 PM
I've had my disagreements with New Zealanders, Brazlilians, Australians, Italians over sports but not once ever had i brought their nationality into it. I disagreed with their opinion but i respected them for entering the meaningful discussion, unlike you.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 12:29 PM
You continually make stupid comments that have no factual evidence just cause you want ET so bad ! I also don't think you know that much about the Steelers and how they operate. You grew up across the pond thats great whatever, but I'm a Pittsburgh native and have grew up with the Steelers so I know I understand better than you the kinds of players and schemes the FO want implemented and how.

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 12:35 PM
You continually make stupid comments that have no factual evidence just cause you want ET so bad !

....I posted a fact sheet that Earl Thomas currently weights more than Polamalu... steelers.com and nfl.com

I also don't think you know that much about the Steelers and how they operate. You grew up across the pond thats great whatever, but I'm a Pittsburgh native and have grew up with the Steelers so I know I understand better than you the kinds of players and schemes the FO want implemented and how.

See ignorance again. GM Colbert wasn't born in Pittsburgh well he was but that wasnt the point he started with the lions had success there but came back and yet he built the team. That's not a Pittsburgh gene, that is intelligent man.

I would rather enjoy reading what Aussie_Steeler and Texasteel write but are they from Pittsburgh origininally? I don't think Aussie is... It again just shows your ignorance and how up yourself you are.

Again a previous thread back you call me a Geek. But in life Geeks get the money (Bill Gates) i bet he could get any girl he wants in the world... It just shows what an embarrasment you are.

Do i rush posts, make people angry and post stupid things. Yes i do post things than can annoy do annoy people like Tony but i don't go about bragging where i live.

My Dad use to be one of executives at natwest (bank) and got a seven figure wage. Not once have i ever said to them that my dad knows more or brag to them about how rich he is to them. I bet if your Dad got that kind of money you would be bragging your ass around the place.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Plus when I started posting again I was around 200 or something and I remember you had like 180posts . Look at how many posts you have now and in a matter of a month. Yet you say you have a life. I say Liar!

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Ok well you can believe what you want silverspoon. I'm man enough to agree to disagree. You don't have to be from the burgh to know your stuff about the steelers it just seems like you are young and need some schooling on how to be a part of steeler nation .

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Plus when I started posting again I was around 200 or something and I remember you had like 180posts . Look at how many posts you have now and in a matter of a month. Yet you say you have a life. I say Liar!

I did a journal in the games section.

Yes i had spent alot of time on the site. I do like discussing with the majority of the people.

1 tony hipchest 26,759
2 Preacher 20,763
3 HometownGal 20,369
4 SteelCityMan786 19,498
5 fansince'76 16,177
6 revefsreleets 14,863
7 83-Steelers-43 12,993
8 lamberts-lost-tooth 10,277
9 Galax Steeler 9,120
10 MACH1 8,320

Does Hometowngal not have a life for having 2000 posts and average 16.51 posts a day.

Does Tony not have a life having the most posts and an average of 14.97 per day

ect ect.

I bet they do have a life like me, they own Jobs and have their own family and probably are good people.

I have a job but im not old enough and mature as them to lead a family yet.

How old are you? will you work for a geek when your older or will you stay with your parents for your whole life like step brothers movie.

And some of the people i coded above are really nice people.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah they have a lot of posts and I know some of them and they are nice people but. everytime im on hear you are on and you went from180 posts to almost 2,500 in the matter of a month. And I must say about 90% of your posts are about ET. It just gets old!

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 12:47 PM
If you can't take someone bustin your chops maybee you should disconnect every once and a while Bro.

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 12:49 PM
I have 22.80 posts a day, again mostly due to my journal for posting alot in there.... i only have 7 more posts than tony a day not alot more tbh....

No Ones busting my chops your just took randoms shots at me for posting true facts and then took a shot at my nationality which i cannot understand.

I had a disagreement with chidi in another thread as well as many others yet they didnt bring my nationality into it. It's one of the most sadest things i come across on this board.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I have 22.80 posts a day, again mostly due to my journal for posting alot in there.... i only have 7 more posts than tony a day not alot more tbh....

No Ones busting my chops your just took randoms shots at me for posting true facts and then took a shot at my nationality which i cannot understand.

I had a disagreement with chidi in another thread as well as many others yet they didnt bring my nationality into it. It's one of the most sadest things i come across on this board.

Whatever buddy I just know I'm not the only one getting sick of the ET crap. Your nationality means nothing you are human and so am I . Like I said I was just having fun with you it's not my fault you are a sensative little Biotch

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Whatever buddy I just know I'm not the only one getting sick of the ET crap. Your nationality means nothing you are human and so am I . Like I said I was just having fun with you it's not my fault you are a sensative little Biotch

I'm not too sensitive. Your too far up your own ass.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 01:03 PM
I could go through this thread and pick out how much BS you have posted, but it's not worth my time I can live with the fact that I'm right and your wrong. Maybee you should acccept it .

pete74
03-01-2010, 01:17 PM
timmons is decent but he never should of been a 1st round pick. he was a late 2nd-early 3rd

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 01:18 PM
timmons is decent but he never should of been a 1st round pick.

I can't argue with that pete . But I still think he fits the scheme very well.

HometownGal
03-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Gentlemen - if you can't stay on topic in this thread and/or sick of chatting about it, you have a choice . . .

Stay out of the thread.

That's not too hard now is it?

P.S. And if the flaming doesn't cease, my shoulder and hand are going to get quite the workout.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Gentlemen - if you can't stay on topic in this thread and/or sick of chatting about it, you have a choice . . .

Stay out of the thread.

That's not too hard now is it?

P.S. And if the flaming doesn't cease, my shoulder and hand are going to get quite the workout.

I just want to apologize to everyone I got outta hand and it won't happen again. Personally apologize to Supa. This is supposed to be fun sorry I got outta hand.

kirklandrules
03-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Please retitle this thread to "Supa's Man-Crush on Thomas".

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Please retitle this thread to "Supa's Man-Crush on Thomas".

lol i apoligise as well to anyone i caused offense.

@kirkland he aint my favourite prospect stefan virgil is but he aint got nothing to pimp about yet. :\ earl thomas is my 6th favourite prospect

kirklandrules
03-01-2010, 03:20 PM
lol i apoligise as well to anyone i caused offense.

@kirkland he aint my favourite prospect stefan virgil is but he aint got nothing to pimp about yet. :\ earl thomas is my 6th favourite prospect

No offense taken here ... I was just bustin your jibbs. But your comment on your favorites is killing me ... you sure put in a lot of time and energy into your 6th favorite prospect :chuckle::toofunny:

This is what happens when your favorite sport has a long off season!

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 03:31 PM
No offense taken here ... I was just bustin your jibbs. But your comment on your favorites is killing me ... you sure put in a lot of time and energy into your 6th favorite prospect :chuckle::toofunny:

This is what happens when your favorite sport has a long off season!

My hokies are my favourite prospects but they never get selected by the steelers :banging:

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
My hokies are my favourite prospects but they never get selected by the steelers :banging:

I just want to clarify one thing supa. You do understand that Vick is not well thought of here in the states after the dog fighting?

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 03:36 PM
I just want to clarify one thing supa. You do understand that Vick is not well thought of here in the states after the dog fighting?

He's a God to the Hokie Football. But that is getting taken by Tygod Taylor.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 03:43 PM
He's a God to the Hokie Football. But that is getting taken by Tygod Taylor.

yet again another dumbass comment!:sign06:LOL

JHSilverback
03-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Def want this guy in black and gold....great ball hawk, has instinct to get to the ball, has closing speed on players and can make hits like clark if needed to...damn we could really use this guy

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 09:54 PM
yet again another dumbass comment!:sign06:LOL

How is that a dumbass comment.

Taylors a awesome Quarterback for Virginia Tech.

If i make you sick why do u keep venturing in here, your obviously looking for an arguement which im not going to give.

Northside Jonny
03-02-2010, 12:20 AM
:chuckle:I said LOL!

SS43Polamalu
03-02-2010, 06:14 PM
So did Earl Thomas only bench press at the combine? That's all i see him his stats for at http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers#tp-tab-set-1:tp-grid-container-forty-yard-dash

supa_fly_steeler
03-02-2010, 09:52 PM
He ran a 4.44 and a 4.58 Unoffiically

BTW That sig is awesome