PDA

View Full Version : Grade Obama's First Year in Office

Vincent
02-24-2010, 11:18 AM
New bho poll at CBS

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/19/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6116297.shtml?tag=%20stack

January 19, 2010 2:00 PM
Grade Obama's First Year in Office

With President Obama completing his first year in office this week, we are giving you the chance to weigh in on how you think he has done on the job.

Below are 10 categories for you to give the president your grade (in A-F format), including an overall grade at the end.

Cast your grades below, and then explain your marks in the comments area below.

This is CBS of all places. The results are astonishing...

The Economy

A: - 1.95%
B - 3.15%
C - 5.05%
D - 19.14%
F - 70.71%

Foreign Policy

A - 3.65%
B - 3.21%
C - 7.81%
D - 23.08%
F - 62.25%

Health Care

A - 2.10%
B - 2.30%
C - 3.48%
D - 9.88%
F - 82.23%

Afghanistan

A - 3.37%
B - 13.59%
C - 27.87%
D - 24.16%
F - 31.02%

Iraq

A - 3.48%
B - 9.59%
C - 26.41%
D - 24.76%
F - 35.76%

Threat of Terrorism

A - 3.18%
B - 3.74%
C - 8.02%
D - 20.73%
F - 64.33%

Energy and the Environment

A - 2.75%
B - 4.17%
C - 11.99%
D - 21.49%
F - 59.61%

Social Issues

A - 3.23%
B - 4.15%
C - 12.85%
D - 21.21%
F - 58.56%

Bipartisanship

A - 3.08%
B - 2.50%
C - 4.18%
D - 9.37%
F - 80.88%

Obama's Overall Job as President

A - 2.51%
B - 3.24%
C - 4.20%
D - 26.11%
F - 63.94%

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/vinnyq/O-LOLsmall.jpg

If it weren't so pathetic

Dino 6 Rings
02-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Well I give him a B+ for the Beer Summit.

7SteelGal43
02-24-2010, 11:47 AM
not just fail, EPIC fail :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
02-24-2010, 12:03 PM
The Economy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A:
1.94%
B:
3.13%
C:
5.06%
D:
19.15%
F:
70.72%
Foreign Policy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A:
3.62%
B:
3.21%
C:
7.81%
D:
23.13%
F:
62.23%
Health Care

A:
2.08%
B:
2.28%
C:
3.48%
D:
9.88%
F:
82.28%
Afghanistan

A:
3.36%
B:
13.61%
C:
27.95%
D:
24.12%
F:
30.95%
Iraq

A:
3.47%
B:
9.61%
C:
26.49%
D:
24.73%
F:
35.70%
Threat of Terrorism

A:
3.16%
B:
3.74%
C:
8.07%
D:
20.81%
F:
64.22%
Energy and the Environment

A:
2.73%
B:
4.15%
C:
11.99%
D:
21.52%
F:
59.62%
Social Issues

A:
3.20%
B:
4.15%
C:
12.84%
D:
21.23%
F:
58.58%
Bipartisanship

A:
3.05%
B:
2.49%
C:
4.19%
D:
9.41%
F:
80.86%
Obama's Overall Job as President

A:
2.49%
B:
3.22%
C:
4.20%
D:
26.17%
F:
63.92%

zulater
02-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Of course if this survey had been on Bush it would be the lead story on the nightly news and Lettermans' top ten. While they wont suppress the results they wont exactly trumpet them either.

MasterOfPuppets
02-24-2010, 01:10 PM
# of times vincent voted .....2,745,804 ....:sofunny:

GBMelBlount
02-24-2010, 01:19 PM
# of times vincent voted .....2,745,804 ....:sofunny:

We were on the same bus. :chuckle:

urgle burgle
02-24-2010, 04:07 PM
i give him a big Q for all areas

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Nonsense!

SCSTILLER
02-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Nonsense!

What are you basing your argument on?

Indo
02-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Nonsense!

Just out of curiosity---why do you feel it's nonsense that the country doesn't like him? By all accounts his approval ratings are abysmal; the ongoing tea-parties and other "protests" (for lack of a better word) seem to echo the fact that he hasn't exactly kept his promise for Hope and Change; that he is trying to bring about change the people don't want. Yet you repeatedly think/express that these polls, etc. are nonsense. I'm truly not trying to start a fight, just curious to understand why some on this board think it's all nonsense.

As has been suggested elsewhere on the board, if you think he is doing a good job, please make a case for it.

And "Bu...Bu...Bush" as a response is not allowed. We know, he sucked. The question is, "How is the current President bringing about the Hope and Change he promised?"

IMO, he's not. And, best I can tell, he may actually be doing more damage than Bush.

Vincent
02-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Nonsense!

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/february_2010/obama_approval_index_february_24_2010/289515-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_february_24_2010.jpg

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_total_approval_graphics/february_2010/obama_total_approval_february_24_2010/289518-1-eng-US/obama_total_approval_february_24_2010.jpg

St33lersguy
02-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Obama gets an F- across the board. His only accomplishment is receiving an award he did nothing to earn, although I will give him a break on working on challenging Jimmy Carter as the whimpiest president in U.S. history

MACH1
02-24-2010, 06:21 PM
F-

TheWarDen86
02-24-2010, 06:55 PM
He hasn't done anything so I give him an "Incomplete."

The Patriot
02-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Well, if we're going to grade Obama like a 5th grader, I'd give him a B for rationally responding to problems as they come, and an F for making the world perfect.

tony hipchest
02-25-2010, 12:31 AM
finally!

disgruntled, sour grape, republicans found a ballot box they CAN stuff. :chuckle:

HometownGal
02-25-2010, 06:45 AM
He hasn't done anything so I give him an "Incomplete."

Well, he did take his wife and kids on several lavish vacations, including trips to Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii - does that count towards him doing anything? :chuckle: :wink:

I give him an A+ for being able to serve up the best bullshit creme pie known to mankind.

TroysBadDawg
02-25-2010, 11:31 AM
"Barack Obama HAS DONE MORE FOR AMERICA

IN HIS FIRST YEAR THAN MOST PRES...

That is right

I will say it THANK GOD FOR BARACK OBAMA

WHY

He destroyed the Clinton Political Machine – Driving a stake thru the heart of Hillary’s Presidential aspirations – something no Republican was ever able to do. Remember when a Hillary Presidency scared the daylights out of you!

He killed off the Kennedy Dynasty – No more Kennedy’s trolling Washington looking for booze and women wanting rides home. American women and Freedom are safer tonight!

He is destroying the Democratic Party before our eyes!

Dennis Moore had never lost a race – quit

Evan Bayh had never lost a race – quit

Byron Dorgan – had never lost a race – quit

Harry Reed - GONE

These are just a handful of the Democrats that whose political careers Obama has destroyed! By the end of 2010 dozens more will be!

In December of 2008 the Democrats were on the rise. In the last two election cycles they had picked up 14 senate seats and 52 house seats. The press was touting the death of the Conservative Movement and the Republican Party.

In one year Obama put a stop to all of this and will probably give the house, if not the senate back to the Republicans.

He has completely exposed liberals and progressives for what they are. Every Generation seems to need to relearn the lesson on why they should never actually put liberals in charge. He is bringing home the lesson very well!

Liberals tax, borrow and spend – check

Liberals won’t bring themselves to protect America – check

Liberals want to take over the economy – check

Liberals think they know what is best for everyone – check

Liberals aren’t happy till they are running YOUR life - check

He has brought more Americans back to conservatism than anyone since Reagan

In One year he rejuvenated the Conservative movement and brought out to the streets millions of Freedom Loving Americans

Name me one other time in your life that you saw your friends and neighbors this interested in taking back America!

In all honesty one year ago I was more afraid than I had ever been in my life. Not of the economy but of the direction our country was going. I thought Americans had forgotten what this country was all about. My neighbors, friends, strangers proved to me that my lack of confidence of the Greatness and Wisdom of the American people was flat out wrong.

When the American People wake up no smooth talking teleprompter reader can fool them!

Barack Obama woke up these Great Americans

Again I want say Thank you Barack Obama! " from a friend

The Patriot
02-25-2010, 01:07 PM
He has brought more Americans back to conservatism than anyone since Reagan

In One year he rejuvenated the Conservative movement and brought out to the streets millions of Freedom Loving Americans

Name me one other time in your life that you saw your friends and neighbors this interested in taking back America!

In all honesty one year ago I was more afraid than I had ever been in my life. Not of the economy but of the direction our country was going. I thought Americans had forgotten what this country was all about. My neighbors, friends, strangers proved to me that my lack of confidence of the Greatness and Wisdom of the American people was flat out wrong.

When the American People wake up no smooth talking teleprompter reader can fool them!

Barack Obama woke up these Great Americans

Again I want say Thank you Barack Obama! " from a friend

This is exactly the type of unsubstantial rhetoric that is poisoning the Republican Party.

For those of us who don't buy into the idea that the Bolshevik's are here to take over, the Republicans seem pretty void of ideas and initiative right now. Whenever Obama tries to meet with Republican lawmakers in an open forum to discuss real issues, they run to the Fox media and call it a trap. How the hell is Obama trapping you by listening to your concerns and giving his opinion??? In reality, the country is in a recession and both parties are pointing fingers.

Republicans can have fun at their rallies spouting that "America is being torn apart brick by brick and we're taking it back!"

In all honesty, I'd say that there is maybe 20 to 40 million Americans living under the fantasy that Obama and health care reform are the root of all evil, while the other 250 million Americans are quietly living out their daily lives in a (so far) uneventful presidency.

OMG!!! A democratic president is pushing for universal healthcare and not getting anywhere!? The end is nie! :rolleyes:

Indo
02-25-2010, 01:20 PM
This is exactly the type of unsubstantial rhetoric that is poisoning the Republican Party.

For those of us who don't buy into the idea that the Bolshevik's are here to take over, the Republicans seem pretty void of ideas and initiative right now. Whenever Obama tries to meet with Republican lawmakers in an open forum to discuss real issues, they run to the Fox media and call it a trap. How the hell is Obama trapping you by listening to your concerns and giving his opinion??? In reality, the country is in a recession and both parties are pointing fingers.

Republicans can have fun at their rallies spouting that "America is being torn apart brick by brick and we're taking it back!"

In all honesty, I'd say that there is maybe 20 to 40 million Americans living under the fantasy that Obama and health care reform are the root of all evil, while the other 250 million Americans are quietly living out their daily lives in a (so far) uneventful presidency.

OMG!!! A democratic president is pushing for universal healthcare and not getting anywhere!? The end is nie! :rolleyes:

So I say it again---
Make a case that Obama has done a good thing. ANY thing---

Why was/is the stimulus package a good thing?
Why is Cap and trade a good thing?
Why is nationalized healthcare a good thing?
Why are any of his policies regarding terrorists a good thing?

I am honestly trying to understand what people still see in him; why the ongoing violations of the Constitution are acceptable to people,etc. Yes, I know Bu...Bu...Bush. I understand that. But Bush is gone. What has Barack done for us lately?

The Patriot
02-25-2010, 01:53 PM
So I say it again---
Make a case that Obama has done a good thing. ANY thing---

Why was/is the stimulus package a good thing?
Why is Cap and trade a good thing?
Why is nationalized healthcare a good thing?
Why are any of his policies regarding terrorists a good thing?

I am honestly trying to understand what people still see in him; why the ongoing violations of the Constitution are acceptable to people,etc. Yes, I know Bu...Bu...Bush. I understand that. But Bush is gone. What has Barack done for us lately?

I said that it has been a rather uneventful presidency. I think we can agree that there is a difference between being an ineffective president and trying to "tear apart America's foundations brick by brick".

1) Yeah, I think the stimulus was a good thing. It didn't have the wondrous effect that they sold to us, but that doesn't mean it didn't help floundering states stay afloat. The economy has relatively stabilized, but we don't know if that is just a natural effect or a product of the stimulus.

2) Well the government limits other forms of industrial waste disposal, so I don't see how carbon emissions should be any different.

3) Apparently, it's only good for army vets and people over 65, otherwise it's tyranny. Don't you think there is a problem when hospitals are going bankrupt because they have to treat uninsured patients with emergency care? I guess universal health care is too far to the left, but something has to be reformed.

4) Do you mean terrorist policies like bombing any suspected targets in active areas, or clearing "any and all immediate danger" when an American life is threatened by piracy? Or if you are referring to him granting terrorists civilian trials, then yes, I support him, because if our justice system can't sentence a guy to death, or life in prison, for trying to blow up a plane of people, then we had better fix our justice system!

I'm not sure to what violations of the Constitution you are referring. Don't we have the Supreme Court and judicial review to stop that?

GBMelBlount
02-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Apparently his "Vote for me and get things free" strategy only worked at the voting booths...

MACH1
02-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Apparently his "Vote for me and get things free" strategy only worked at the voting booths...

I'm still waiting. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
02-26-2010, 08:02 AM

They do that because more often than not, it IS a trap. Obama and the Dems are not really interested in anything Republicans have to say, and I think they are trying to make political hay by trying to paint Republicans as "obstructionists" and blame them for the reason why there's no health care reform. But that's just MY opinion; I'm sure you and the other Dems will disagree.

As for their lack of ideas, they actually DO have a plan - they would rather see health insurance sold across state lines, so that people would have the opportunity to buy a health care plan in another state that may be cheaper than what they can get in their own state. I think it's a great idea myself, but Democrats don't like it because they think they wouldn't abide by a particular state's rules...as if a protection against that couldn't be written into the bill. :rolleyes: Other insurance companies - life, car, homeowner's, renter's, etc. - have to abide by state rules by law, so it can be done with health insurance. I would think more people would have health insurance if this were to happen, and they, along with their doctors, would have control over their health care decisions rather than put it in the hands of government bean counters. Republicans need to articulate this plan to the people far more than they have been, because by NOT doing so, they are allowing the Dems and the media to portray them as having no ideas or that they don't think there needs to be reform, which is simply not true.

GBMelBlount
02-26-2010, 08:11 AM
As for their lack of ideas, they (REPUBLICANS) actually DO have a plan - they would rather see health insurance sold across state lines, so that people would have the opportunity to buy a health care plan in another state that may be cheaper than what they can get in their own state.

Hmmmmm.

Freedom, free markets and competition.....the principles our country was not only founded upon but what made us the most prosperous country in the history of the world.

I guess I can see why liberals would have such a problem with this......

zulater
02-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Isn't one of the biggest problems with health care costs caused by the high cost of malpractice insurance, which is futher influenced by the unlimited awards that Democrats see to it aren't capped because they're so in bed with the trial lawyers?

Obviously people that are medically incompetent need to be held accountable, but the way it is now, a medical misfortune is tantamount to hitting the lottery. Also so many of these claims are specious at best, but doctors are forced into settlements by their insuance carriers because they've ( Insurance providers) have been burned for outrageous sums in the past, even when the evidence seemed to be mostly on their side.

I guess what it comes down to is Democrats can't have it both ways. You can't tell everyone in the medical business they have to sacrifice and not do the same to your buddies in the ambulance chasing game.

GBMelBlount
02-26-2010, 10:03 AM
I guess what it comes down to is Democrats can't have it both ways.

You can't tell everyone in the medical business they have to sacrifice and not do the same to your buddies in the ambulance chasing game.

:tap:

Vincent
02-26-2010, 12:07 PM
As for their lack of ideas, they actually DO have a plan - they would rather see health insurance sold across state lines, so that people would have the opportunity to buy a health care plan in another state that may be cheaper than what they can get in their own state. I think it's a great idea myself, but Democrats don't like it because...

Again, at the origin of this "crisis" were the "chronically uninsured". And certainly affordable insurance benefits everybody. It the donkeys were honest, they'd simply address those two issues very simply and relatively cheaply. Clearly "fixing" the "crisis" isn't the agenda.

Republicans need to articulate this plan to the people far more than they have been, because by NOT doing so, they are allowing the Dems and the media to portray them as having no ideas or that they don't think there needs to be reform, which is simply not true.

The elephants lack a voice and a forum. The only way they can articulate is in the rare instance like yesterday's entertainment. The "media" will not repeat a word of their message.

Isn't one of the biggest problems with health care costs caused by the high cost of malpractice insurance, which is further influenced by the unlimited awards that Democrats see to it aren't capped because they're so in bed with the trial lawyers?

Malpractice insurance is beyond ridiculous. My Bride's niece and her husband are both surgeons. They both came out of school and elected to go into research for that reason alone. It isn't worth it. My brother and his Bride are both specialists and have had a private practice for more than a decade. Both are seriously considering getting out all together for the same reason.

All three of these issues can be fixed. Together they do not constitute a "crisis". The manufactured "crisis" has nothing to do with these underlying issues, but rather is the vehicle the donkeys ride to grab a sixth of the economy.

zulater
02-26-2010, 12:38 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/33438.html

GBMelBlount
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/33438.html

Good read.

Is it any wonder why liberalism so often creates the exact opposite of it's stated intent?

Vincent
02-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Wow. In just two days bho has broadened his "strongly approve / disapprove" gap from 16% to 20%...

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/february_2010/obama_approval_index_february_26_2010/290175-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_february_26_2010.jpg

... his approval rating continues its free fall...

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_total_approval_graphics/february_2010/obama_total_approval_february_26_2010/290178-1-eng-US/obama_total_approval_february_26_2010.jpg

Following that trajectory, it might be possible to see single digits by November. Stay the course barry!! Yer doing great bud-die.

Wonder what percentage of the "approve" numbers are actually jokers encouraging him to stay the course? Y'know like the elephants that voted for Madam Rottweiler in the primaries. You know thats going on.

WH
02-28-2010, 11:50 AM
For the 8 of 12 months* I was in the US for Obama's first year, it seemed like every attempt Obama made to get something done the Republicans were there to undo or indefinately delay something. Except for the bank bailout. That went through really fast because it was bailing out the freemarket, the backbone of republican beliefs.

Gnutella
02-28-2010, 06:04 PM
The only thing Barack Obama did right was give Pittsburgh some free and much-needed international publicity with the G20 Summit.

D-.

GBMelBlount
02-28-2010, 06:14 PM
For the 8 of 12 months* I was in the US for Obama's first year, it seemed like every attempt Obama made to get something done the Republicans were there to undo or indefinately delay something. Except for the bank bailout. That went through really fast because it was bailing out the freemarket, the backbone of republican beliefs.

I'm not sure I follow WH.

What do you feel he was trying to do that would be beneficial, yet was being delayed or undone by the republicans?

It almost sounds like you are blaming republicans and making excuses for Obama.......

MACH1
02-28-2010, 06:30 PM

What do you feel he was trying to do that would be beneficial, yet was being delayed or undone by the republicans?

It almost sounds like you are blaming republicans and making excuses for Obama.......

Are you sure he's not on obaaamas payroll or with the media?

:chuckle:

Vincent
02-28-2010, 07:12 PM

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/vinnyq/babybho.jpg

GBMelBlount
02-28-2010, 07:38 PM

For what it's worth WH, that was a serious question. I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

St33lersguy
02-28-2010, 08:11 PM
The only thing Obama did right was not openly support Iran....and nothing else

SteelerEmpire
02-28-2010, 08:42 PM
This guy is (truthfully) shooting for the stars.... He's gotten farther than any Pres. has on health care. Obama had broken a mass amount of the prior election records. He's a globally popular President. He's the 1st African American President... AND this is only his 1st year in office (between now and 3 yrs, anything can happen). It might be just me... but as a former member of the military, it is my natural instinct to be 'for' whoever is in office (even though I may have not voted for them). Why ? Because who holds the nations highest office, holds my future (and yours) his the palm of his hands.... This country holds in its hands a unique opportunity to make a real difference and leap as the worlds leader....
I don't know what people have for or against Obama... but I do know he has the ball right now. But many in the world hold him in high esteem. We can 'use it' for each of our benefits (as Americans), or we can throw it away and charge "no gain" to the apparent opportunity that has been given to us...... what it will be ??
I'm a US "and" Israeli citizen... but I am "down" for my country (the US).... AND I KNOW FOR A FACT that the US cannot afford a setback of the Obama Administration... period....

HometownGal
03-01-2010, 06:46 AM
This guy is (truthfully) shooting for the stars.... He's gotten farther than any Pres. has on health care. Obama had broken a mass amount of the prior election records. He's a globally popular President. He's the 1st African American President... AND this is only his 1st year in office

OK - but what really has he DONE in that first year in office other than put our grandchildren and great-grandchildren into massive debt?

As far as his health care plan goes - most Americans don't want it. Globally popular? Of course he is - he throws his own country under the bus and apologizes for "America's mistakes" to other world leaders. :shake02:

(between now and 3 yrs, anything can happen).

That's what I'm afraid of. :horror:

It might be just me... but as a former member of the military, it is my natural instinct to be 'for' whoever is in office (even though I may have not voted for them). Why ? Because who holds the nations highest office, holds my future (and yours) his the palm of his hands.... This country holds in its hands a unique opportunity to make a real difference and leap as the worlds leader....
I don't know what people have for or against Obama... but I do know he has the ball right now. But many in the world hold him in high esteem. We can 'use it' for each of our benefits (as Americans), or we can throw it away and charge "no gain" to the apparent opportunity that has been given to us...... what it will be ??
I'm a US "and" Israeli citizen... but I am "down" for my country (the US).... AND I KNOW FOR A FACT that the US cannot afford a setback of the Obama Administration... period....[

I commend you for your support of the POTUS - whoever it may be. :drink: I, on the other hand, am looking forward to January, 2013 when this farce of a POTUS is out of office and out of our lives.

fansince'76
03-01-2010, 08:11 AM

That might wash if the Dems didn't have a majority in both houses.

JPPT1974
03-01-2010, 10:18 PM
D- as he could had been a lot more worse. But he starts things but doesn't finish them. But then again, so do I! Yipes!

Gnutella
03-02-2010, 06:05 PM

You're aware that the Republicans were literally powerless in 2009, right? The Democrats had such a majority in both houses of Congress that they didn't need any Republican assistance whatsoever in order to pass a bill. They got exactly what they wanted -- absolute power -- so if they're still incapable of getting things done, then they have nobody to blame but themselves. Furthermore, if anything they do turns out to be unpopular, then they can't blame the Republicans for it. They can't lay blame on the powerless.

Vincent
03-02-2010, 06:59 PM
They can't lay blame on the powerless.

Sure they can. It's called scapegoating. Part of being an feckless tool is always blaming others for your own failures.

The Patriot
03-02-2010, 10:28 PM
You're aware that the Republicans were literally powerless in 2009, right? The Democrats had such a majority in both houses of Congress that they didn't need any Republican assistance whatsoever in order to pass a bill. They got exactly what they wanted -- absolute power -- so if they're still incapable of getting things done, then they have nobody to blame but themselves. Furthermore, if anything they do turns out to be unpopular, then they can't blame the Republicans for it. They can't lay blame on the powerless.

Yes, Obama and house democrats trying to find common ground with republicans makes them all powerful, and yet still incapable of getting things done.

Just like Obama scheduling to meet with Republicans is a scary trap!

WH
03-03-2010, 04:53 AM

So it would have been better for you if the Democrats would have just said ''F U 'Pubs'' and rammed the health bill, and any of their other plans, through to law?

The GOP had no power at all? Seriously? You mean they just sat on some of the best lobbyists in the world and made no moves? Be realistic.

Neither party can shake the others' hand while their fists are still clenched.

GBMelBlount
03-03-2010, 06:11 AM
So it would have been better for you if the Democrats would have just said ''F U 'Pubs'' and rammed the health bill, and any of their other plans, through to law?

By "F U Pubs" did you actually mean F U Americans? The Republicans were not the only vast majority that was against it.

MACH1
03-03-2010, 08:39 AM

:huh: Isn't that what their doing now?

WH
03-03-2010, 09:24 AM
By "F U Pubs" did you actually mean F U Americans? The Republicans were not the only vast majority that was against it.
If that's how you would like to feel about it....but they didn't do that last year.

WH
03-03-2010, 09:25 AM
:huh: Isn't that what their doing now?

Isn't that what politicians in the Federal Government have been doing for the past 100 years?

MACH1
03-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Isn't that what politicians in the Federal Government have been doing for the past 100 years?

Not with something thats going to change every man, woman and child's future for the worst. Not without the majority of public support, 80% against it as it sits now.

They're committing political suicide if they cram this monstrosity through.

HometownGal
03-03-2010, 09:42 AM

Politicians, including the POTUS, are supposed to be the voices of the people. I can't recall a proposed measure that has ever been as hotly contested as this health care trainwreck that Obaaaaaaama and the Dems are trying to push down the throats of the American people who have clearly indicated that they are against it as it stands.

Sure we need health care reform, but not that debacle Obaaaaama wants to hurriedly push through. What's the hurry - we haven't had health care reform in a lotta years. I think he'd best be served taking his time to thoroughly research every available option as a starting point, really listen to the concerns of those who oppose it and take it from there.

WH
03-03-2010, 10:43 AM
I hope for your guys' sake and for all of my relatives sake they work something out. It's unbelievable to live here and not have to factor in health benefits when choosing a job.

MACH1
03-03-2010, 11:59 AM
It's even nicer not waiting in line to die.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-03-2010, 12:04 PM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/gallup-daily-obama-job-approval.aspx

GBMelBlount
03-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I hope for your guys' sake and for all of my relatives sake they work something out. It's unbelievable to live here and not have to factor in health benefits when choosing a job.

You are entitIed to your opinion but let's face it, it still has to be paid for.

If it is government run it will either be more expensive or poorer quality but more than likely both and I challenge you prove otherwise.

7SteelGal43
03-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Wait. Obama's been in office ? as president ? for a year ? :jawdrop:

I got the idea he was still campaigning, I'd no idea he'd won.

WH
03-03-2010, 01:21 PM
You are entitIed to your opinion but let's face it, it still has to be paid for.

If it is government run it will either be more expensive or poorer quality but more than likely both and I challenge you prove otherwise.

What do you want me to prove? That a single payer option would work in the US or that the Single Payer system works in Sweden?

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-03-2010, 02:19 PM

Its even more "unbelievable" that ANYONE would want rationed health care.

Lets take a little logical journey.

If the government is responsible for our Health care, because its a "basic human need" that everyone is "entightled " to......then why isnt the government responsible for providing food to each and every American? We have children going to bed hungry every night throughout the United States. So why isnt our government concerned about the "basic human need" of providing nutrition to ALL Americans, regardless of whether they are able to provide for their own food or not?

I mean...a great deal of people go years without seeing a doctor...I have yet to meet anyone who can go more than a couple of weeks without food.

My point is...if anyone thinks the government getting involved in health care is for humanitarian purposes...they are fooling themselves. This is simply an ideology that demands to "take control" of something that they, in their infinite wisdom, have sagely deemed "capitalistic"., and by that, they label it as something dirty.

This is about a group of people who have elevated themselves up American Royalty. An elitist group who believe that they are wiser than their constituants. Who truly think "to hell with the ignorant masses"...and are going to save us...from ourselves.

WH
03-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Private Health care companies Ration Healthcare right along with any government. Through denials of treatment and limiting the doctors you can see.

Governments across the United States DO try and provide food for everyone. Through WIC, Welfare, or any of the other hundred programs offered to help provide basic nescesities. Where it goes wrong is when those programs are abused by the people they are meant to help, which happens more often than it ever should.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Private Health care companies Ration Healthcare right along with any government. Through denials of treatment and limiting the doctors you can see.

Governments across the United States DO try and provide food for everyone. Through WIC, Welfare, or any of the other hundred programs offered to help provide basic nescesities. Where it goes wrong is when those programs are abused by the people they are meant to help, which happens more often than it ever should.

You miss the point. The government is not saying they will provide healthcare to only those who dont have it. They are force feeding this rationed healthcare to virtually EVERYONE.

I guess I wasnt clear enough.:doh:

Also it is a huge leap of logic to equate the limits in what doctors you can see...to that of whether your illness is bad enough to warrant "non-treatment"...you know...for the good of the bottom line.

HometownGal
03-03-2010, 03:58 PM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/gallup-daily-obama-job-approval.aspx

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

GBMelBlount
03-03-2010, 04:18 PM
What do you want me to prove? That a single payer option would work in the US or that the Single Payer system works in Sweden?

You can start anywhere you'd like WH.

My critical view on anything you say will simply be with the eye that the government in a sense is a monopoly and therefore the more they become involved in anything, by lessening competition and free markets it almost without exception leads to lower quality, fewer options and higher prices over time.

MACH1
03-03-2010, 05:30 PM
You can start anywhere you'd like WH.

My critical view on anything you say will simply be with the eye that the government in a sense is a monopoly and therefore the more they become involved in anything, by lessening competition and free markets it almost without exception leads to lower quality, fewer options and higher prices over time.

Got any of the free stuff yet? :chuckle:

43Hitman
03-03-2010, 06:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjdbjrXiobQ

Obama and his cronies are nothing more than hypocritical pieces of shit. Go to hell Obaaaammmmmaaaaa! :kick: :upyours:

WH
03-03-2010, 06:55 PM
You miss the point. The government is not saying they will provide healthcare to only those who dont have it. They are force feeding this rationed healthcare to virtually EVERYONE.

I guess I wasnt clear enough.:doh:

Also it is a huge leap of logic to equate the limits in what doctors you can see...to that of whether your illness is bad enough to warrant "non-treatment"...you know...for the good of the bottom line.

Health Insurance Companies limit the Doctors you can see to the ones they have negotiated the lowest cost too. All in the name of the bottom line. Health Insurance Companies have departments dedicated to find any and all reasons to warrant ''non-treatment'' for expensive procedures. All in the name of the bottom line.

WH
03-03-2010, 06:57 PM

Well I see there is no point in offering any proof of anything if that's how you are looking at it. I'll just agree to disagree.

GBMelBlount
03-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Well I see there is no point in offering any proof of anything if that's how you are looking at it. I'll just agree to disagree.

I only look at it this way WH because their is an overwhelming amount of proof that governments adversely everything they take control of, perhaps without exception.

If you can show me examples of how they have truly improved the overall cost and quality of services after seizing control from free and competitive markets then I would concede your point, albeit more than likely as an exception.

zulater
03-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Everything you need to know about President Obama's commitment to fiscal responsibility and cost containment can be summed up in two words: Andy Stern.

Stern is the corruption-coddling head of the powerful Service Employees International Union. In naming Stern and others to the White House debt commission last week, Obama extolled his appointees as "distinguished individuals" who'll bring a "sense of integrity" to the job. Tell that to rank-and-file SEIU members across the country who have watched their hard-earned dues go down the tubes under Stern's thugocracy.

Stern: Protégés are plagued by scandal.
While fat-cat union bosses toss hundreds of millions of dues into Democratic coffers, low-wage SEIU members' pension funds are eroding and the organization's debt is piling up. And federal prosecutors are reviewing requests that the union be investigated for potential illegal lobbying activities at the White House.

More damning: As head of the 2.2 million-member labor union, Stern directly installed a cadre of stooges embroiled in scandals across the country.

* Start with Tyron Freeman, who Stern installed as head of Local 6434, the sprawling home-care workers' chapter in southern California. An extensive Los Angeles Times investigation exposed how Freeman siphoned off hundreds of thousands of dollars in dues money for his personal enrichment and pleasure. Moreover, the paper alleged, Stern helped cover up the scandal.

Freeman lived large -- piping $600,000 in union contracts to his wife's video production and entertainment ventures. The local also paid his mother-in-law $8,000 a month to babysit his daughter and other union employees' children; footed a $13,000 bill for membership at a Beverly Hills cigar club, and forked over $8,000 in union dues to cover expenses for Freeman's Hawaiian wedding.

Stern's handpicked flunky also created a nonprofit training shop that in practice served as a conduit to subsidize a childcare business operated by Freeman's mother-in-law.

SEIU's top officials were warned of Freeman's plundering six years before the paper blew the whistle. After dragging its feet and being forced to act to quell public embarrassment over the Times exposé, SEIU finally threw Freeman under the bus.

* Rickman Jackson, another Stern protégé and former chief of staff to Freeman, headed Michigan's largest SEIU chapter before being "reassigned" for three years to a staff organizing job after the disclosure of financial shenanigans tied back to Local 6434.

While collecting a six-figure annual salary in Michigan, Jackson was drawing a second salary in California and accepted $33,500 in housing payments on a residence listed as the business address of Freeman's bogus housing nonprofit.

* Stern installed Annelle Grajeda as president of the 80,000-member Local 721 in Los Angeles. Whistleblowers detailed how Grajeda's ex-boyfriend, SEIU official Alejandro Stephens, collected multiple salaries and consultant fees from the union while also pocketing a salary as an LA County health services employee. Grajeda arranged for her ex-lover to get an eight-month leave of absence from the job. He was fired after he refused to return to work.

Grajeda quit her California posts after catching public flak and found a new job as special assistant to SEIU secretary-treasurer Anna Burger in Washington, DC. Grajeda now oversees efforts to "partner with the Obama administration" to secure more public funds for SEIU projects.

* More recently, San Diego SEIU Local 221 came under fire last month for squandering dues on a cozy $107,000 severance package and consultancy deal for Stern's former appointee Sharon Frances-Moore.

Freeman, Jackson, Grajeda and Moore were all groomed by Stern and personally appointed by him to the posts they exploited. Like Obama, Stern has managed to pass the buck while pretending it stopped at his desk.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/union_fat_cat_as_fiscal_watchdog_pSdadlZ3MHxt31lV9 YPuHJ#ixzz0hBKgDgAD

:banging:

Vincent
03-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Everything you need to know about President Obama's commitment to fiscal responsibility and cost containment can be summed up in two words: Andy Stern.

Criminals. Blackwater would "clean this up" nicely.

Vincent
03-04-2010, 10:01 AM
We all see the emails flying around on both sides. Got one yesterday suggesting that Mich showed up at a "state" function, supposedly for the Spanish mucky mucks in a "pinata" dress...

http://67.19.222.106/photos/politics/graphics/obamadress.jpg

Amusing, but I doubt even Mich would be caught dead in that PhotoShopped get up. So I checked snopes and by Guthry, it was PhotoShopped.

Here's the original image...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2009-09/49326845.jpg

OMG!! What a relief. We wouldn't want the "First Lady" looking ridiculous at a "state" function, would we? :wtf: :shake02: :eyecrazy:

Yeah, really. Who picked out those shoes??!! :rofl: :toofunny: :sofunny: Y'know, actually they do go better with the "pinata" dress.

One thing that leaps from that image is how proud bho looks next to his bride, and how close they seem.

HometownGal
03-04-2010, 07:29 PM
We all see the emails flying around on both sides. Got one yesterday suggesting that Mich showed up at a "state" function, supposedly for the Spanish mucky mucks in a "pinata" dress...

http://67.19.222.106/photos/politics/graphics/obamadress.jpg

Amusing, but I doubt even Mich would be caught dead in that PhotoShopped get up. So I checked snopes and by Guthry, it was PhotoShopped.

Here's the original image...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2009-09/49326845.jpg

OMG!! What a relief. We wouldn't want the "First Lady" looking ridiculous at a "state" function, would we? :wtf: :shake02: :eyecrazy:

Yeah, really. Who picked out those shoes??!! :rofl: :toofunny: :sofunny: Y'know, actually they do go better with the "pinata" dress.

One thing that leaps from that image is how proud bho looks next to his bride, and how close they seem.

Imo - she's the worst dressed First Lady in my lifetime. That dress looks like a tablecloth you'd put on a picnic table. Egads! :horror:

I have to agree with your last sentence, though - no doubt these two are very much in love and quite comfortable with each other.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-05-2010, 03:41 AM
Health Insurance Companies limit the Doctors you can see to the ones they have negotiated the lowest cost too. All in the name of the bottom line. Health Insurance Companies have departments dedicated to find any and all reasons to warrant ''non-treatment'' for expensive procedures. All in the name of the bottom line.

You are purposely ignoring both my points.

1) That this administration is force feeding their version of healthcare to not only those without it...but to those of us happy with our healthcare.

2) That there is a HUGE difference between "non-treatment" because the procedure is deemed unworthy...and "non-treatment" because, somehow, the reciepient is deemed unworthy.

As I have pointed out...the goverrnment sees that people are going hungry, what do they do? They set up programs to feed the hungry.

The government sees people without healthcare, what do they do? They decide that its an opportunity to SEIZE control of the "evil capitalistic" machine...and force feed socialized medicined to EVERYONE. (Except themselves of course...you know...rank has its privilidge among the American Royalty in congress)