PDA

View Full Version : Nnamdi Asomugha on the trading block

jollyrob68
02-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Should the Steelers go after Nnamdi Asomugha and what would you give up?
I would trade Hampton and a Late draft pick for him or perhaps give up Hampton & Colon because they fit both of The Raiders needs for Nnamdi and a 3rd round or late pick. The raiders have Two 3rd rounders.

What does everyone think?
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog?name=schefter_adam&id=4938666

mulldog24
02-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I really like Asomugha's ability but he is just to expensive. Imagine though, Asomugha with Troy in the same secondary!!!!!!

Northside Jonny
02-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Well my friend I would love to pick this guy up and I think he would be worth going after. But I'm sure this thread will end up with a bunch of posts telling you that the steeler won't pay and he will cost to much Blah Blah Blah :blah: I say hell yeah see what they want . If they would take Casey and even a 2nd round pick say next year Pull the FN trigger. He is with out a doubt one of the top two corners in the league. They can take Ike and the rest of our CB's with Nnamdi , Troy , and Clark out there one of us could probably play the other corner spot.

jollyrob68
02-24-2010, 04:04 PM
IF they then Drafted Earl Thomas in the first or Myron Rolle in the second. Wow what a Secondary. Thanks
I think they need to find out what they want atleast make the call or nudge while in INdy.

supa_fly_steeler
02-24-2010, 04:07 PM
imagine the asomaghua with revis... that might happen lmao

devilsdancefloor
02-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Well my friend I would love to pick this guy up and I think he would be worth going after. But I'm sure this thread will end up with a bunch of posts telling you that the steeler won't pay and he will cost to much Blah Blah Blah :blah: I say hell yeah see what they want . If they would take Casey and even a 2nd round pick say next year Pull the FN trigger. He is with out a doubt one of the top two corners in the league. They can take Ike and the rest of our CB's with Nnamdi , Troy , and Clark out there one of us could probably play the other corner spot.

i can not remember the steelers ever over paying for a FA. He might be on the trading block, but crazy Al gave him such a big contract not many teams want to take that huge of a investment and for trading casey you cant he a FA himself.

mulldog24
02-24-2010, 04:31 PM

I agree with you as far as that goes. If the Steelers can work it out I'd say pull the trigger as well. we would have one of the top defensive backfields in the league.:drink:

Northside Jonny
02-24-2010, 06:03 PM
i can not remember the steelers ever over paying for a FA. He might be on the trading block, but crazy Al gave him such a big contract not many teams want to take that huge of a investment and for trading casey you cant he a FA himself.

First of all we would have to sign and trade Casey (obviously).
Secondly we would have to get some cash back in the deal. ( don't say this would be impossible to pull off we are talking about Al Davis)
Finally he is not a FA (Nnamdi) plus it's not like the steelers would be paying all that cash to a guy who was unproven. This guy is a stud on a piss poor team.

jonslow
02-24-2010, 06:25 PM

There's actually been a lot of rumors of trade talks between NYJ and the Raiders. Revis and Asomugha would be an unreal set of corners... I really don't want to see that situation, especially in the AFC.

And as far as the Steelers go, although I'd kill to see him in a Steelers jersey, it's not going to happen. We just don't go after big contracts like Nnamdi's. He's a stud, but he's not the kind of players the Steelers go out and get.

Look at the current roster... Harrison was as cheap as they come (at the time), Hampton was drafted by the Steelers, Polamalu was drafted by the Steelers, Holmes, etc... Pittsburgh is a well-run franchise and the front office knows how to build through the draft.

With our draft history, I'm not even sure I'd want to give up any picks for Nnamdi and his massive contract.

Northside Jonny
02-24-2010, 06:46 PM

Watch the Jets land Nnamdi and the next 2-3 seasons one or the other sustains early season ending injuries!!! I don't wish for anyone to get injured I just hate the Jets and that fatass , loud mouth Rex Ryan. Hey Rex :fingers::nana: How you like them apples pal?

tony hipchest
02-24-2010, 06:53 PM
raiders traded randy moss for a 4th rounder after giving up a 1st to get him. lmao.

asomugha will be a patriot for a 3rd and a bag of chips.

Northside Jonny
02-24-2010, 07:03 PM
raiders traded randy moss for a 4th rounder after giving up a 1st to get him. lmao.

Great point Tony I forgot all about that, one of the biggest steals of all time IMO

Chidi29
02-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Nnamdi would have to be payed over $16 million a year. Just sayin'.

Chidi29
02-24-2010, 08:38 PM
This is pure speculation by me, but I think Schefter, who is extremely reliable, is stretching this story a bit. It was orginally said to be that they were shopping "everyone". Which probably meant that the tip he got was a person saying, "everyone". Which techincally includes Nnamdi but in reality, doesn't.

Putting up "Raiders shopping Nnamdi" is a bigger attention-grabber than, "Raiders shopping Thomas Howard".

Northside Jonny
02-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Correct , Also must agree that besides Shefter the only other guy who may be more reliable is Professor John Clayton!

Northside Jonny
02-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Nnamdi would have to be payed over $16 million a year. Just sayin'.

Is he worth it ? Huh Chidi

Chidi29
02-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Is he worth it ? Huh Chidi

Assuming we're trading a ton of draft picks, including 1st rounders obviously, no it is not. As good as he is, got to watch him in person this year, our zone scheme would take away a lot of his strengths (Press coverage and playing man).

Northside Jonny
02-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Assuming we're trading a ton of draft picks, including 1st rounders obviously, no it is not. As good as he is, got to watch him in person this year, our zone scheme would take away a lot of his strengths (Press coverage and playing man).

Great point Chidi , but remember 1 thing AL FN LIVING CORPSE DAVIS nothing is ever out of the realm of possibility. Maybee the FO can pull off a fast one before he bites the bullet.

Chidi29
02-24-2010, 09:42 PM
lol

I think there will be much rejoycing in Oakland when Al finally kicks the bucket (Or his supply of children's blood runs out).

Sucks for current Raiders fans because Davis was one of the best owners back in the 70s. Just doesn't seem to be willing to evolve with the times.

Northside Jonny
02-24-2010, 09:49 PM
lol

I think there will be much rejoycing in Oakland when Al finally kicks the bucket (Or his supply of children's blood runs out).

Sucks for current Raiders fans because Davis was one of the best owners back in the 70s. Just doesn't seem to be willing to evolve with the times.

Awsome take my friend! I almost spit food all over my comp laughing.:puke:

SetTheTone10
02-25-2010, 10:44 AM
can someone please tell me what was the last draft choice al davis made in the first round that made sense???

Nadroj 20
02-25-2010, 12:07 PM

If the chips are Doritos its a deal :thumbsup:

taztroy43
02-25-2010, 02:13 PM
I would love this guy in Black and Gold...this guy is an absolute stud!!! I believe that he's still the number 1 CB in the NFL...w/ Revis right there on his behind.....The thing is he's on a crappy ass team that opponents rarely throw his direction so his stats aren't as great as Revis's stats.....I honestly hope he comes to the Steelers because the Steelers were said to be one of the teams pursing him if he became a FA.....this was said before the Raiders gave him that big ass contract!!!!:banging:

fansince'76
02-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Maybe we can rip the Raiders off the way the Pats* do pretty much every year and pick him up for a song, like a 4th round pick or something.

lionslicer
02-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha would fit the Steelers, he plays in a 3-4 zone defense similar to the Steelers, and he would fit like a glove. Just to get him would cost picks and a lot of money. Is it worth it? no, our defense has gotten by with medicore cornerbacks for years now.

silver & black
02-25-2010, 05:11 PM
lol

I can't say I want the old man to kick the bucket, but I sure do want him to step down from the running of the football side of it. Unfortunately, nothing short of divine intervention is going to fix the mess in Oakland.

silver & black
02-25-2010, 05:13 PM
can someone please tell me what was the last draft choice al davis made in the first round that made sense???

Robert Gallery.

Unfortunately, even the can't miss picks don't work out for the Raiders.:banging:

silver & black
02-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha would fit the Steelers, he plays in a 3-4 zone defense similar to the Steelers, and he would fit like a glove. Just to get him would cost picks and a lot of money. Is it worth it? no, our defense has gotten by with medicore cornerbacks for years now.

Um... the Raiders play a 4-3 man defense.

taztroy43
02-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Maybe we can rip the Raiders off the way the Pats* do pretty much every year and pick him up for a song, like a 4th round pick or something.

"a-la-Randy-Moss!" I would love that idea to trade him for a 4th but even the Raiders aren't that dumb to let go of Asomugha!!!!!! He would sure look good in Black n Gold!!!!!:tt02:

taztroy43
02-25-2010, 06:27 PM
I can't say I want the old man to kick the bucket, but I sure do want him to step down from the running of the football side of it. Unfortunately, nothing short of divine intervention is going to fix the mess in Oakland.

The Raiders defense is pretty decent.....they don't suck and they are not the worst in the league....I mean atleast on defense they're a couple of players away from being a pretty good defense....I wish I could say the same on offense....:noidea:.....I think that they need to work on the OL....they have the RBs in place and they also have some decent QBs in Gatkowski(i think that's how his name is spelled) & McCown.....IDK whats going on w/ Russell, but its kind of sad because Bruce beat the Steelers w/ the same team Russell has....so whats Russell's excuse??? :noidea:.......They're WR's have some time to develop because they're still young(Heyward-Bay n Murphy)....and like you mentioned Al is the problem @ Oakland....He and Jerry Jones should step aside and let the real coaches coach!!!!!!!!!!

Psyychoward86
02-25-2010, 06:42 PM
im not sure all of us understand how much he's being paid right now :jawdrop:

silver & black
02-25-2010, 09:59 PM
The Raiders defense is pretty decent.....they don't suck and they are not the worst in the league....I mean atleast on defense they're a couple of players away from being a pretty good defense....I wish I could say the same on offense....:noidea:.....I think that they need to work on the OL....they have the RBs in place and they also have some decent QBs in Gatkowski(i think that's how his name is spelled) & McCown.....IDK whats going on w/ Russell, but its kind of sad because Bruce beat the Steelers w/ the same team Russell has....so whats Russell's excuse??? :noidea:.......They're WR's have some time to develop because they're still young(Heyward-Bay n Murphy)....and like you mentioned Al is the problem @ Oakland....He and Jerry Jones should step aside and let the real coaches coach!!!!!!!!!!

The O line sucks... that's the simple truth. Russell sucks worse than that... that's the unfortunate truth. Russell is the poster boy for NFL minimum contracts for Rookies. He got 30 million guaranteed money... enough to live out his ilfe in high style, before he ever took a snap in the NFL. He's lazy, dumb, out of shape, no desire, and protected under Al Davis' wing... I hate him! McCown hasn't been with the Raiders for three years now.

Gradkowski should be the starter next year, but Russell is Al's boy, so, guess what.:banging:

I've been a Raiders fan for 43 years, and I'll continue to bleed Silver and Black... I don't know anything else. I'll continue to hoist the Jolly Roger and hope for the best... but, it isn't easy these days. Every season seems to bring a new low for such a storied franchise. I can't wait to see what 2010 brings :shake01:.

SteelerNation12
02-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Give up 2 positions for one? We would get even worse on the OL and have no NT. Sounds awesome!

MasterOfPuppets
02-26-2010, 12:38 AM
. Every season seems to bring a new low for such a storied franchise. I can't wait to see what 2010 brings :shake01:. actually i'd say this past season was a bit better than the previous year. the raiders actually beat some quality teams :noidea:

Shea
02-26-2010, 01:07 AM
As with any thread dealing with the Raiders, it comes about to Al Davis and his descent into football madness.

Who takes over after him, is what I'm curious about. Jim Otto?

silver & black
02-26-2010, 06:49 AM
actually i'd say this past season was a bit better than the previous year. the raiders actually beat some quality teams :noidea:

They did beat some quality teams, but they still only managed 5 wins. They haven't won more than 5 games for 7 straight years.

It isn't even the won-lost record that I'm talking about... it's the total ineptness in every facet of the organization that is so depressing. From the drafting, player talent, coaching, off field issues, public relations, arcaic O and D schemes, the "CIA like" secrecy that shrouds everything, etc... Someone on my home forum forum put the best way I've heard so far... The Raiders are the NFL's biggest clown car.

It can't last forever, but it sure sucks right now. :banging:

silver & black
02-26-2010, 06:59 AM
As with any thread dealing with the Raiders, it comes about to Al Davis and his descent into football madness.

Who takes over after him, is what I'm curious about. Jim Otto?

We could only hope it would be Jim Otto... that's a pipe dream!

It's fairly well understood that Al's wife will inherit the team, and his son, Mark Davis, will likely "run" it. Mark isn't a football guy like Al, so, the hope is that he will bring a real GM in and let him handle the football side of things. Of course, that's just the best speculation we can come up with because, like everything else in Raider World... it's cloaked in secrecy. :rolleyes:

steelreserve
02-26-2010, 11:09 AM
There's actually been a lot of rumors of trade talks between NYJ and the Raiders. Revis and Asomugha would be an unreal set of corners... I really don't want to see that situation, especially in the AFC.

Don't worry, if it happened, their numbers would be surprisingly worse, because QBs couldn't just throw away from both of them. Half of Nnamdi's success in Oakland comes from the fact that he's really good, but the other half comes from the fact that teams avoid him by reputation, and throw at whatever shitty cornerback is across the field from him instead. Teams avoid him a little too much for their own good, if you ask me.

So .. yeah. That's why you can only have one "shutdown corner" per team. You put two of them together, and something has to give, because teams are still going to throw, they're still going to complete passes, and someone has to give up the yards.

Also, while I'd love to see this, I don't think he'll wind up on the Steelers. $15 million a year is just too batshit crazy a salary to deal with. Like Tony said, he'll probably go to New England just because they apparently have an exclusive-rights arrangement as Oakland's partner for sucker trades. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots end up with Nnamdi, LT, Westbrook, Larry Foote, and four or five other dickheads just because it would piss me off.

X-Terminator
02-26-2010, 12:33 PM
For those wishing the Steelers trade for him, here are 2 reasons why it will not and should not happen:

Santonio Holmes
LaMarr Woodley

They trade for Asomugha, kiss one or both of them goodbye.

Dino 6 Rings
02-26-2010, 12:36 PM
I'd trade a 6th round pick from the 2014 draft and a 7th round pick from the 2016 draft. That seems fair.

jollyrob68
02-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks for all the feed back.I wouldnt trade our round 1 or 2 this year for anyone. This is a good draft. If the raiders wanted to move Nnamdi I would see what they want because he's a great corner. I mentioned trading Hampton because Al loves the big names and a sign & trade would of worked plus giving up a late pick.
However since we signed Casey we can now look at upgrading our Defense at any position and dont have to reach for a NT. I still think we need to get one by the 3rd round but this gives us time to add bulk to Ra'shon Harris. Thanks again for your insite. GO STEELERS

Shea
02-27-2010, 01:39 AM
We could only hope it would be Jim Otto... that's a pipe dream!

It's fairly well understood that Al's wife will inherit the team, and his son, Mark Davis, will likely "run" it. Mark isn't a football guy like Al, so, the hope is that he will bring a real GM in and let him handle the football side of things. Of course, that's just the best speculation we can come up with because, like everything else in Raider World... it's cloaked in secrecy. :rolleyes:

That gives me a better understanding of what might yet come in Raiderland.

Thanks S&B.

And I was a bit joking about Jim Otto but it isn't surprising to see a Raider fan wishing he or ANYONE would come about to running the team. :chuckle:

I guess I'll keep my personal thoughts and feelings about once running into and meeting Otto to myself. :doh:

steelreserve
02-27-2010, 03:13 AM

Hah! LOL. :rofl:

I admire your optimism, but more likely if they take over the team is that you're going to end up with John and Denise York v2.0 on the other side of the Bay for 10 years. Enjoy that.

silver & black
02-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Hah! LOL. :rofl:

I admire your optimism, but more likely if they take over the team is that you're going to end up with John and Denise York v2.0 on the other side of the Bay for 10 years. Enjoy that.

Optimism was out the door years ago for me. At this point, it's anyone's guess what will happen AAD (After Al Davis). I'm hoping for quiet, boring, ho hum, hands off ownership, but, as with all things in the land of Silver and Black... I'm sure Al will figure out a way to stay involved after he's "gone". :rofl:..........:banging:

jollyrob68
02-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Give up 2 positions for one? We would get even worse on the OL and have no NT. Sounds awesome!

Starks can move to RT draft LT or leave starks draft RT and as far as NT we can Draft a NT and we have Hoke. Hoke would be a starter on 31 other teams and we have Ra'shon Harris or as many have said grab MT Cody to plug in.

My thoughs were because William Gay has been bent & burned all season getting Nnamdi would allow us more freedom in the draft. But now that we've signed Casey I think we'll find his replacement in the 3rd round and continue to add bulk to Ra'shon Harris.