PDA

View Full Version : A question for Pittsburgh Socialogists

3 to be 4
02-03-2006, 02:10 PM
i think you'll win. I really do. And I hope you do.

However, considering everything that has happened the last few years and how confident everybody is......what will happen if they lose?

83-Steelers-43
02-03-2006, 02:21 PM
My guess?

We will wake up on Monday and go to work.

Livinginthe past
02-03-2006, 02:33 PM

However, considering everything that has happened the last few years and how confident everybody is......what will happen if they lose?

There will probably be a backlash against Cowher - all the old wounds will open up - cant win the big one etc etc.

It was the same sort of thing with the Colts - this year is our year ,Manning has finally worked out how to win playoff games etc etc - when they didnt get it done all the people who had so much faith in Manning and the Colts turned on them.

I would think we would see alot of -Time for a new coach , Cowher is soft, type of threads monday morning.

NM

tony hipchest
02-03-2006, 02:45 PM
There will probably be a backlash against Cowher - all the old wounds will open up - cant win the big one etc etc.

It was the same sort of thing with the Colts - this year is our year ,Manning has finally worked out how to win playoff games etc etc - when they didnt get it done all the people who had so much faith in Manning and the Colts turned on them.

I would think we would see alot of -Time for a new coach , Cowher is soft, type of threads monday morning.

NMonly from opposing fans and doubters like you living. :)

Livinginthe past
02-03-2006, 03:11 PM
only from opposing fans and doubters like you living. :)

Im not on the Cowher bandwagon - I think alot of people will come off it with a bump if the Steeler fail to win.

NM

augustashark
02-03-2006, 03:21 PM

NM

Hey don't get me wrong the sting would hurt, but I've never and will not give up on Cowher! If we don't win sunday, I will sit down and reflect on the past 14yrs of Cowher led Steelers football and remember a few things within that 14yrs......Like: 6 afc championship games, 2 superbowls, 11 seasons with a winning record! Yea some fans will have a knee jerk reaction, but any true Steeler fan knows that Cowher has been a very good coach and that grass is not always greener on the other side. Just think of the last 15yrs in Cincinnati......Could be alot worse!

RoethlisBURGHer
02-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Tell me this,are the people in New England still crying in thier Sam Adams and attempting to drown themselves in thier clam "chowda" since the Patriettes aren't playing in the Super Bowl?

smashmouth
02-03-2006, 04:25 PM
The real Football fans will lick their wounds and nurse themselves back together and get ready to make another run at it. Fair weather fans those who bought steeler gear after we we made the playoffs will have bad things to say. Those of us who respect our team and our coaches as well as this city will will give them the respect they deserve. They certainly did not get to this point by not playing their best. They deserve the best from their fans win or lose. The players have said they need their fans we are there 12th man , so lets give the same respect to them in this battle. If the ring comes home I LOVE THEM! If the They come in second I LOVE THEM! I would much rather have a team who can have a shot at the big dance every year then a teanm that goes one year and stinks for the next five years. We have alot to be proud of from this group of guys. No negative problems on the team everyone knows his role and they play for one goal for all including US the Fans. They play for the Trophy the Ring the big prize and I believe they play for us the Fans!

Lets Go Black & Gold We the Fans are ready for a fight!

clevestinks
02-03-2006, 04:57 PM

No matter what the outcome is, I won`t bash Cowher, he is coaching as well as anybody. I`m sure the team will be prepared, and he will make the right calls.

I hate the saying" Wait until next season" But we are contenders nevertheless, Elway knocked on the door countless times, and finally kicked it down. This is Cowhers year to kick it down

GOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooSteelers!

Livinginthe past
02-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Tell me this,are the people in New England still crying in thier Sam Adams and attempting to drown themselves in thier clam "chowda" since the Patriettes aren't playing in the Super Bowl?

Well the answer is no - in case you missed it this generation of Patriots has already won 3 SB's.

Sure, its disappointing not to be in the big game - but im sure it feels worse if you haven't won one for 20 years.

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Cowher has been under fire for not making a Super Bowl win a reality in Pittsburgh for the last 6 years or so atleast so if it would happen he will take his lumps from many there is no doubt..

but I dont wanna jinx us by talking about this so Im not gonna anymore :tt:

clevestinks
02-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Well the answer is no - in case you missed it this generation of Patriots has already won 3 SB's.

Sure, its disappointing not to be in the big game - but im sure it feels worse if you haven't won one for 20 years.

NM
I would think the worst feeling was watching another Super Bowl, and your team has never even played in one! Oh thats the brownies fans, my bad!:dang:

Suitanim
02-03-2006, 06:45 PM
I've supported Cowher since day one, and will continue to support him win or lose Sunday. Most of the detractors espouse piss-poor Cowher bashing theories based on his penchant for running the ball. All the guy ever needed was a true NFL caliber QB, and now he has one...which is why the Steelers won't lose Sunday.

3 to be 4
02-03-2006, 09:41 PM

nah, we've had 4 frickin parades through the city since Feb 2002 (3 Patriots, 1 Red Sox) so i think that'll tide us over for a while.

3 to be 4
02-03-2006, 09:43 PM
I've supported Cowher since day one, and will continue to support him win or lose Sunday. Most of the detractors espouse piss-poor Cowher bashing theories based on his penchant for running the ball. All the guy ever needed was a true NFL caliber QB, and now he has one...which is why the Steelers won't lose Sunday.

exactly, as long as he keeps opening up the offense.

lambert4president58
02-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Im sure Livinginthepast is one of the many patriot fans that mysteriously appeared after they won the super bowl

Livinginthe past
02-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Im sure Livinginthepast is one of the many patriot fans that mysteriously appeared after they won the super bowl

Hey who am I to argue?

You obviously know a bandwagon fan when ya see one eh?

Like every mornin' in the mirror.

Anyway im going to have to insist that you use the term "first superbowl" seeing as we have won 3 now - not bad for 4 years worth of support is it?

NM

steeler47
02-04-2006, 03:32 PM
nah, we've had 4 frickin parades through the city since Feb 2002 (3 Patriots, 1 Red Sox) so i think that'll tide us over for a while.

It better.Cause your done for quite awhile.:rolleyes:

3 to be 4
02-04-2006, 03:50 PM
It better.Cause your done for quite awhile.:rolleyes:

hopefully it wont be 26 years.

SalukiSteelers
02-05-2006, 01:16 PM
I won't get down on Cowher. In the end it comes down to which players perform the best during the game. I'm pretty sure Cowher didn't tell O'Donnell to throw two picks right to Larry Brown in the last SB and I'm sure if Pittsburgh falters in this game it won't be because Cowher told them to suck. As long as he doesn't come out and put the team in punt formation on first down it'll be tough to hang the albatross of player performance around his neck. Hopefully if Seattle is doing something right, Cowher and the coaching staff will be able to get the team in to sets that stop the 'Hawks momentum. As a coach, you really have to pull a boner for a loss to be your fault. I know this much: I'd rather have the players overcome stupid coaching to win the game than to have Cowher do a great job with Xs and Os and have the players lose the game. Oh yeah, my reaction if the Steelers lose will be to drag my sorry ass to class on Monday and to think about how the team can get back to the big game. Thank goodness I've got the excellence of the Pirates to keep me occupied until next season.

silver & black
02-05-2006, 01:27 PM
My guess?

We will wake up on Monday and go to work.
That's exactly what I did three years ago! I will say however... it sucked... bad!!!

Suitanim
02-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Moot point now?

silver & black
02-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Moot point now?
Definately a moot point now.

Congartulations on being the World Champions. It's been a while for you guys. I'll be looking forward to our game next year... we can have a little fun with it then. Untill then, Enjoy this... you guys earned it!