PDA

View Full Version : Underdog to make the team...

BlitzburghRockCity
03-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Who's your favorite underdog, guy on the bubble, player you dont here much about..on the Steelers that you really like to see succeed and enjoy watching.

Ive always like Chidi, on special teams.. they guy doesnt get much recognition being mainly a special teams ace..but man,he comes to play every week, and lays the wood !!!

clevestinks
03-25-2005, 08:08 AM
I like Willie Parker, underdog?? I think so. Fourth on the depth chart, not much playing time. But we would like to see him more and more.

BB2W
03-25-2005, 10:25 AM
LB Dedrick Roper

CB Vontez Duff

clevestinks
03-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Thats two names I don`t know much about

BB2W
03-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Dedrick Roper had a great 2004 camp and had two sacks in one game in preseason. Coaches were very impressed. He was one of the last players cut. They had the intensions of signing him to the practice squad, but the Rams picked him up. We got him back in 2005. and I think he will make the team.

Vontez Duff was also impressive in camp. He is a great athlete who plays hard every snap........as if his NFL career rides on every play or every drill. It did he also was one of the last players cut. I read a training camp report that said one day he had two interceptions and shut down Plax, El, and Ward.

Another guy to watch is Zamir Cobb........great hands, good vertical, great body control.......achrobatic catches. He was very impressive last year in camp. He broke his leg in preseason but they still gave him a roster spot. The coaches must like him. Unfortunatly he is another small WR.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah, they were real high on roper, and the Steelers digest gave some info on him... with our depth needed at LB now, he'd be an excellent fit!

StLouisSteel
03-25-2005, 06:52 PM
James Harrisson impressed the hell outta' me last year. I would LOVE to see him get worked into the D-Scheme to be a more permanent fixture.

clevestinks
03-25-2005, 08:27 PM
About a month ago, MSN sports reported that Cowher would consider Harrison at inside lb, instead of Foote. He claims Harrison is alot like Bell. Love physical contact, great nose for the ball, and speed. I know Foote just got the contract, now he may have to work for it.

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
03-25-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't hear much about Marvel Smith or Kimo Von Oelhoffen. I think they both contribute a lot to the Steelers. :)

~All Amer~

JerseySTEEL
03-25-2005, 11:25 PM
i rly like A.Jaclson i hope he improve atlot this year.

HinesWard4Life8682
03-25-2005, 11:41 PM
im lookin for larry foote and starx to step up big time

BlitzburghRockCity
03-26-2005, 06:54 AM
Foote showed me his stuff last year.. he was my pick for this question a couple years ago..but he's a regular now, and expected to kick ass. Plus, nobody has a better dance the Porter w/ the Boot, and Foote w/ the Foot!! :bouncy:

JerseySTEEL
03-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Foote showed his stuff last year and he was dam good. i rly want jackson to show up this yearsicne we have agreta backup in harrison on the othier side.

ironcitychef
03-27-2005, 01:31 AM
I thought we were talking under dogs? I'll take the field in Kriewaldt, Cushing, and Schneck.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-27-2005, 10:22 AM
yeah we are.. but jersey was just pointing out how far foote has come.. or i was :bouncy:

Kriedwalt is a ST beast and we're lucky to have him... Cushing is one of those guys u just cheer for every year, cuz he gets cut and brought back atleast twice every season..but still manages to always contribute!

clevestinks
03-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Imagine if you would. We were 15-1 and we are talking of underdogs on our team. Wow if they all pan out and play as good as we would like. Look Out.

BB2W
03-27-2005, 12:00 PM
LB Matt Farrior: Not the biggest, strongest, or fastest. If he plays with the same heart and determination as his brother he may make the team. He was one of the nation top recruits coming out of high school, but he lost his starting job at Florida, mostly due to all the speed at LB.

C Joe Iorio: I watched this guy at Penn State for years. He was always one of our best offensive lineman. Hartings is gonna retire soon, and I think Iorio is better than Chucky Okobi. We could replace a Penn State center........... with a Penn State center.

S Janssen Patten: He was an impact player at Bowling Green. I follow BGSU football and this guy stood out on defense. He is a playmaker at corner or saftey. He can play the run and cover man to man. I really hope he makes the team.

All three of these guys will play in NFL Europe.