PDA

View Full Version : LeGarrette Blount

Vincent
02-28-2010, 11:23 AM
How do we view LeGarrette Blount? 6'1" / 245lbs with power and speed. Suspended for punching another player. Stock is way down as a result.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_669297.html

Silverback mauled a Card in the Super Bowl. Do we pass on a kid with this size and talent for a single infraction and some personal flakiness? We took Holmes in the first. This kid is now projected in the 5th.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4BvfUZLlpC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4BvfUZLlpC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What say ye?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
02-28-2010, 01:13 PM
It's hard for me to hold the punch against him. It was in the heat of the moment and and Bosie State player was talking trash. I think that we learned more about his character when he decided to stay with the team following an indefiniant suspension.

Bewteen Blount and Stefon Johnson, I feel we could find a good mid round back (assuming Parker is gone).

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Blount is going to be off the board probably in tne 3rd round

SteelerNation12
02-28-2010, 01:25 PM
I like Stafon Johnson he has overcome a brutal weight lifting injury that probably should have killed him.

theplatypus
02-28-2010, 05:03 PM
I watched him in the 40 and expected him to be slightly faster, unofficial 40 of 4.62.

MasterOfPuppets
02-28-2010, 05:13 PM
didn't knowshon moreno only run a 4.6 last year ?

theplatypus
02-28-2010, 05:29 PM
didn't knowshon moreno only run a 4.6 last year ?

You are correct.

Both Faulk and Westbrook are known for their all-around ability, a trait shared by the most prominent back in this year's class, Georgia halfback Knowshon Moreno. Moreno only registered a Speed Score of 96.9 at the Combine, which would give him the lowest Speed Score of any first-round pick in the last ten years were he to be selected among the first 32 picks. Because of his versatility, though, it's likely that Moreno will perform better than this athletic indicator might expect him to on the professional level.

His primary competition in the first round is Ohio State back Beanie Wells. Although Wells ran a 4.59 40 to Moreno's 4.60, the fact that Wells weighs 18 pounds more than Moreno yields a respectable score of 105.9, projecting him as a back likely to experience some success on the NFL level, although one more worthy of a second-round pick; by comparison, of all the backs chosen in the first two rounds of the 2007 NFL Draft, only Felix Jones (103.7) and Ray Rice (99.7) had worse Speed Scores than Wells, a fact which is reflected in scouts' opinions of the two sets of classes.

http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/predraft/2009/04/in-the-cattle-call-that.html

tony hipchest
02-28-2010, 05:41 PM
i believe the jets shonn green ran a pretty slow time too. however he has become the jets #1 and they are letting thomas jones walk.

i dont think the eagles shady mccoy lit it up either.

supa_fly_steeler
02-28-2010, 06:24 PM
His 40 yard dash doesnt matter when he can do this stuff

va2A_KBiFVo

NEPAsteeler
02-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Personally, I wouldn't be totally against drafting him. Yes he's had some issues, but what better to help remedy that than a team like the Steelers? I doubt we'd actually take him though. But that's just IMO.

Psyychoward86
02-28-2010, 10:56 PM
To Vincent: Harrison got rough with a cardinal who tried to throw his whole body at his knees and potentially end his career.

To supa fly: Yeah, we've never seen a defensive back get pancaked by a 241lb runningback. We're all impressed.

Im not saying i hate this guy because of one punch, but you have to consider intangibles sometimes. I really dont even think he's that good. On film he just looks like a smaller t.j duckett. If this guy has a history with off-the-field issues, i say dont even consider him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-01-2010, 12:49 PM
To supa fly: Yeah, we've never seen a defensive back get pancaked by a 241lb runningback. We're all impressed.

Was that William Gay that Blount ran over in that video???

Galax Steeler
03-02-2010, 05:09 AM
Was that William Gay that Blount ran over in that video???

I bet he is still talking about that hit maybe that is why he played so poor last year.