PDA

View Full Version : Sean Weatherspoon VS Earl Thomas

PittdaBurgh56
03-01-2010, 12:54 PM
This discussion starting to get disorganized thoughout different topics so here is a thread meant for this. Lets keep it organized and dont jump around

Have Fun
BTW...Spoon!

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 01:06 PM
SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/bkyle13/9c3449e5-5dcb-4628-a8dd-9281a26ce4f.jpg

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Weatherspoon vs. Thomas
Not really worth the price of admission. Weatherspoon would KO Thomas in the first 30 seconds of the first round!:kick:

jonslow
03-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Weatherspoon vs. Thomas
Not really worth the price of admission. Weatherspoon would KO Thomas in the first 30 seconds of the first round!:kick:

I think it'd take longer than 30 seconds. Spoon loves to put on a show. He'd probably break dance for the first minute and a half before knocking out Thomas. :chuckle:

SteelerNation12
03-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Weatherspoon sure has looked good so far in the combine.

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Weatherspoon sure has looked good so far in the combine.

I hope he's not putting himself outta reach!:banging:

tony hipchest
03-01-2010, 02:27 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/cowbell.jpg

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 02:29 PM

Thats a funny pic Tony but what does it mean?

tony hipchest
03-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Thats a funny pic Tony but what does it mean?this board needs more "cowbell" i.e. more threads on earl thomas...

a dozen isnt enough.

tony hipchest
03-01-2010, 02:45 PM
_Mie9hhQTUM

Steeldude
03-01-2010, 05:06 PM
not another thomas thread. haven't we had enough of these from supa?

i wish a mod would place them all within one thread and re-title it.

taztroy43
03-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I would love SPOON!!!! Hes a BEAST!!!!!

Northside Jonny
03-01-2010, 05:33 PM
I would love SPOON!!!! Hes a BEAST!!!!!

Is it agreed we don't have enough SPOON threads? He is a much more impressive player than that Thomas fool out of Texas!

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Is it agreed we don't have enough SPOON threads? He is a much more impressive player than that Thomas fool out of Texas!

Thomas isn't a fool i bet he had higher academic marks than weatherspoon. he reads the game better imo high risk high reward.

Earl Thomas is cooler as well.

heres a spoon thread post

http://richardwiseman.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/spoon.jpg

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/04/05/39/slideshow_1390545_rgz_UT_A&M_27.jpg

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 07:52 PM
For you spoon fans

jyafsfciih8

devilsdancefloor
03-01-2010, 08:07 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/34fbgw6.jpg

Northside Jonny
03-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Looks like he is the unquestioned leader

taztroy43
03-03-2010, 02:52 AM
Spoon has a very likable personality!!! I wouldn't have a problem with the Steelers taking him in the 1st....there are a bunch of quality S later on in the draft.....but only time will tell.....

HometownGal
03-03-2010, 08:40 AM
not another thomas thread. haven't we had enough of these from supa?

i wish a mod would place them all within one thread and re-title it.

Hey - we don't get OT pay around here! :wink: :chuckle:

Not to worry - the next one will be given the heave-ho.

vrabinec
03-03-2010, 08:54 AM
If it came down to a choice between those two, I'd take Thomas. It's not that I don't like Weatherspoon, but he is pretty much a finished product, and he made a lot of plays because he was more physically fit than the other guys. You saw how cut he looked at the combine, and that was a great advantage in college. But in the pros, all the guys who didn't hit the weightroom like he did WILL catch up in that respect and he'll be going against guys who are just as strong. When you take that into consideration, his football instincts aren't all that great. Not saying he won't be a decent NFL ILB, but when I compare him to how a guy like Farrior looked in college, Farrior got through the traffic better, he made his read quicker and he got to the ball faster. IMO Weatherspoon will be a good starter, but not a Pro-bowl kind of guy like Farrior was when he was at his best. Thomas on the other hand has great football instincts. He has very quick reactions, and reads the QB well. He judges the ball in the air better than any safety in this draft, including Berry, and that means he's not taking a circular route to get to the play. Of course, his running style looked awkward at the combine, so I think he's gonna need some work and may not start right away. But IMO he'll be a better pro safety than Weatherspoon will be ILB. Thomas is the kind of guy QB's will have to find because they won't want to throw the ball in his area so they don't get picked off. Pair him Troy who's like that himself, and you shorten the field. I'll take Thomas.

Northside Jonny
03-03-2010, 11:14 AM
If it came down to a choice between those two, I'd take Thomas. It's not that I don't like Weatherspoon, but he is pretty much a finished product, and he made a lot of plays because he was more physically fit than the other guys. You saw how cut he looked at the combine, and that was a great advantage in college. But in the pros, all the guys who didn't hit the weightroom like he did WILL catch up in that respect and he'll be going against guys who are just as strong. When you take that into consideration, his football instincts aren't all that great. Not saying he won't be a decent NFL ILB, but when I compare him to how a guy like Farrior looked in college, Farrior got through the traffic better, he made his read quicker and he got to the ball faster. IMO Weatherspoon will be a good starter, but not a Pro-bowl kind of guy like Farrior was when he was at his best. Thomas on the other hand has great football instincts. He has very quick reactions, and reads the QB well. He judges the ball in the air better than any safety in this draft, including Berry, and that means he's not taking a circular route to get to the play. Of course, his running style looked awkward at the combine, so I think he's gonna need some work and may not start right away. But IMO he'll be a better pro safety than Weatherspoon will be ILB. Thomas is the kind of guy QB's will have to find because they won't want to throw the ball in his area so they don't get picked off. Pair him Troy who's like that himself, and you shorten the field. I'll take Thomas.

You can't discount him because he showed more dedication to keeping physically fit than other players. Thats is what helps make a good long NFL carrer. I don't see how you can say his football instincts aren't that great when the guy is always around the ball or in on the play!
You could have saved alot of typing if you would have just said I don't like Spoon because I think we should take a Safety in the 1st round and not a LB.

supa_fly_steeler
03-03-2010, 12:23 PM
You can't discount him because he showed more dedication to keeping physically fit than other players. Thats is what helps make a good long NFL carrer. I don't see how you can say his football instincts aren't that great when the guy is always around the ball or in on the play!
You could have saved alot of typing if you would have just said I don't like Spoon because I think we should take a Safety in the 1st round and not a LB.

Dude it's vrabinec opionion. To me he gave a detailed account.

If you haven't looked lately our only free safety is ryan mundy.

Not Ryan Clark because he has not resigned yet.

Northside Jonny
03-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Dude it's vrabinec opionion. To me he gave a detailed account.

If you haven't looked lately our only free safety is ryan mundy.

Not Ryan Clark because he has not resigned yet.

Dude I was just stating my opinion, why would you knock a guy for keeping himself in great shape?

supa_fly_steeler
03-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Dude I was just stating my opinion, why would you knock a guy for keeping himself in great shape?

I'm not knocking anybody, If he prefers that Thomas or whoever can come in and be a instinctive ballhawker from game 1 that's his opinion.

Northside Jonny
03-03-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm not knocking anybody, If he prefers that Thomas or whoever can come in and be a instinctive ballhawker from game 1 that's his opinion.

I was just stating my opinion about his opinion. Isn't that what this is all about?

vrabinec
03-03-2010, 12:37 PM

I see by your avvy that you're pimping the guy. I'm not pimping anyone, including Thomas or a safety. I think Weatherspoon is a first round player. We're talking nuances here. Nobody's calling him garbage or anything. I get it, you're pimping him, and he looks perfect to you. When you say he was always around the ball, sure, in the first round, all the guys were always around the ball or we wouldn't be talking about them as first round picks. Thomas was always around the ball too. In fact, if you include pass breakups and passes defensed, he was in on more plays than Weatherspoon. All of that is nice, but Weatherspoon got to a lot of plays by just outmuscling guys, and he won't be able to do that as much in the pros, he's gonna have to read plays quicker and flow through the traffic better. He won't be able to toss blockers aside like he did in college.

Northside Jonny
03-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Supa Fly Steeler = Northside Jonny's Bitch:whip: LOL

Northside Jonny
03-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I see by your avvy that you're pimping the guy. I'm not pimping anyone, including Thomas or a safety. I think Weatherspoon is a first round player. We're talking nuances here. Nobody's calling him garbage or anything. I get it, you're pimping him, and he looks perfect to you. When you say he was always around the ball, sure, in the first round, all the guys were always around the ball or we wouldn't be talking about them as first round picks. Thomas was always around the ball too. In fact, if you include pass breakups and passes defensed, he was in on more plays than Weatherspoon. All of that is nice, but Weatherspoon got to a lot of plays by just outmuscling guys, and he won't be able to do that as much in the pros, he's gonna have to read plays quicker and flow through the traffic better. He won't be able to toss blockers aside like he did in college.

You make a good point ,but I disagree, leverage and speed have alot to do with shedding blockers as well. I think he uses both of those physical tools just as well as he uses his strength. No matter who we take in the 1st I just hope its not a OT.

vrabinec
03-03-2010, 01:03 PM
You make a good point ,but I disagree, leverage and speed have alot to do with shedding blockers as well. I think he uses both of those physical tools just as well as he uses his strength. No matter who we take in the 1st I just hope its not a OT.

Yeah, he definitely uses leverage well. Did you see how low he got to the ground when he was turning the corner in the combine drills where they come off the corner and slug the bags as they go by? Definitely uses his arms well.

As for Ot's, I love a couple tackles in this draft, I just don't know what the hell we'd do with them once we drafted them. I mean, Davis is a monster. I'd love to have him on the right side. He's so powerful, he reminds me of Eric Williams. But what do we do with Colon if we draft him? Our coaches don't seem to think like the rest of us that Willie should be a RG. Or Trent Williams and Bulaga. They have perfect form when they pass block, and they'd instantly cut down on the sacks we gave gave up. But what the hell do we do with Starks? He's not a bad LT, but he's not as good at RT IMO, we just gave him a bunch of money. So, yeah, it's almost a shame that we don't need a tackle when there may be some really good ones available for once when we pick.

supa_fly_steeler
03-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Supa Fly Steeler = Northside Jonny's Bitch:whip: LOL

I'm definitley not your bitch i would rather be pressured into sex by my housekeeper than be your bitch.

http://www.emotty.com/images/emoticons/412.png

Northside Jonny
03-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Yeah, he definitely uses leverage well. Did you see how low he got to the ground when he was turning the corner in the combine drills where they come off the corner and slug the bags as they go by? Definitely uses his arms well.

As for Ot's, I love a couple tackles in this draft, I just don't know what the hell we'd do with them once we drafted them. I mean, Davis is a monster. I'd love to have him on the right side. He's so powerful, he reminds me of Eric Williams. But what do we do with Colon if we draft him? Our coaches don't seem to think like the rest of us that Willie should be a RG. Or Trent Williams and Bulaga. They have perfect form when they pass block, and they'd instantly cut down on the sacks we gave gave up. But what the hell do we do with Starks? He's not a bad LT, but he's not as good at RT IMO, we just gave him a bunch of money. So, yeah, it's almost a shame that we don't need a tackle when there may be some really good ones available for once when we pick.

I honestly feel the FO thinks the Oline was struggling due to poor coaching and not lack of talent . I sure hope they are right about this one! Or maybee I'm wrong and they will take a OT in the 1st but it sure isn't looking that way to me.

vrabinec
03-03-2010, 02:25 PM
I honestly feel the FO thinks the Oline was struggling due to poor coaching and not lack of talent . I sure hope they are right about this one! Or maybee I'm wrong and they will take a OT in the 1st but it sure isn't looking that way to me.

Brooks thinks we're going for a corner. Seems to be the consensus over at NFL.com

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/800#alert

jollyrob68
03-03-2010, 03:06 PM

LOL,
Earl Thomas covers 2 position for the Steelers. Safety & CB but we are thin at LB and Weatherspoon can cover ILB/OLB

jollyrob68
03-03-2010, 03:14 PM

Starks is a better right tackle. His versatility and the lack of others got him some huge pay checks. However all those top tier tackles are going to be gone and I dont want to waste a pick on Bruce Campbell. I hope we can get Jared Veldheeer,Rodger Saffold,Kyle Calloway or Tony Washington in the second or 3rd.
If we go Defense in the first then I'd hope for one from the list in the second or John Jerry.