PDA

View Full Version : Prospects on the Rise

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Who do you think is on the rise?

Mitch Petrus
The guy had 45 bench reps, pure beast could rise up a round or two soely on that.

Jacoby Ford
Posted real fast 40 time, also impressed on the reciever routes drills

Dorin Dickerson
Fast 40, good jump, could he be one of the best tight ends?

Joquie Bell
Impressed by him, leaded in a few workouts.

Steeldude
03-01-2010, 04:07 PM
what's the point of making another thread about the combine? you already opened one.

thermoman
03-01-2010, 04:13 PM
spoooooooooooooooooooooooooon:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt 03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03: on the rise to 18,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

taztroy43
03-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Spoon looks good!!! I hope we take a chance on this guy....he is a BEAST....I see him playing ILB for us!!! Another guy I would want for the Steelers is Dorin Dickerson TE/WR....the guy is a stud and I would love for him to play WR for us....He would be sort of Hines Ward for us but w/ some blazing speed!!!!(4.40 40 time)....he was faster than most players this combine and he's a TE WOW.....I want him bad!!!!! :chuckle:

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 05:26 PM
what's the point of making another thread about the combine? you already opened one.

this is different to the other one. other one is for combine... . this is for discussion would will rise because there is so much discussion it would all just get mixed up

PittdaBurgh56
03-01-2010, 06:34 PM
First off not so much on the rise but...Micah Johnson i was exicted to see what he would do in the drills and the 40. This guy looks great on film it seems like but he ran like 4.99 40 now thats Lineman type times. It could be becasue hes coming off an injury but i was really liking this guy especially if you didnt draft a ILB in the first 2 rounds. I hope he shows something on his pro day cause the guy would be a beast in the middle.

P.Riley LB from LSU suprised me and i really liked what he did today.Would be a late round pick.

taztroy43
03-01-2010, 10:13 PM
First off not so much on the rise but...Micah Johnson i was exicted to see what he would do in the drills and the 40. This guy looks great on film it seems like but he ran like 4.99 40 now thats Lineman type times. It could be becasue hes coming off an injury but i was really liking this guy especially if you didnt draft a ILB in the first 2 rounds. I hope he shows something on his pro day cause the guy would be a beast in the middle.

P.Riley LB from LSU suprised me and i really liked what he did today.Would be a late round pick.

I'm glad to see Micah run a slow 40....that gives him more of a chance to be drafted by us in the later rounds!!!(4th would be more realistic)

Steely McSmash
03-01-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm glad to see Micah run a slow 40....that gives him more of a chance to be drafted by us in the later rounds!!!(4th would be more realistic)

I'm not so crazy on this guy. I think he'll be a coverage liability and his intelligence is a concern. Note that the coverage concern is NOT related to the combine. Just some reviews that he's a stiff runner and poor in coverage.

I could see him as the thumper companion to Timmons as a rover. Not sure we'd want to give up that flexibility though. I think Timmons is slower lately as well. Perhaps working on becoming the thumper himself.

taztroy43
03-03-2010, 01:42 AM
I'm not so crazy on this guy. I think he'll be a coverage liability and his intelligence is a concern. Note that the coverage concern is NOT related to the combine. Just some reviews that he's a stiff runner and poor in coverage.

I could see him as the thumper companion to Timmons as a rover. Not sure we'd want to give up that flexibility though. I think Timmons is slower lately as well. Perhaps working on becoming the thumper himself.

Timmons is slower because he's been injured last season...I bet he probably played the entire season banged up....Timmons is an athlete and adding some weight will only make him better....I don't think putting on some more muscle will take his athletic ability away....but I know that injuries will slow him down somewhat!!!