PDA

View Full Version : you're starting a new team...

pete74
03-01-2010, 04:30 PM
this is a theoretical question and im just asking it to see were people think rothlisberger stands and who they think the best qb's are

lets say your starting a new team and you can pick any 2 qb's for your team, who would you pick. personally i would take aron rodgers to start and rothlisberger to back him. i would choose those 2 in a second because there both young, great passers and can buy alot of time in and outside the pocket.

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Id Choose the youngest QB's ... So Mark Sanchez and Dennis Dixon.

M.C. Smith
03-01-2010, 05:06 PM
My Starter: Ben Roethlisberger

Backup: Mark Sanchez

Psyychoward86
03-01-2010, 05:40 PM
there both young, great passers and can buy alot of time in and outside the pocket.

lol. i live in packer country. Trust me, Aaron Rodgers' impression of ben Roethlisberger does not amuse packer fans :rofl:.

Id choose Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger.

Ive read so many amazing things about Drew in Stack Magazine: his workout, his work ethic, all the things he does to go the extra mile. That guy proves that hardwork trumps natural talent everytime. And Ben, well, call me a homer but he has the most come from behind 4th quarter/OT victories since he came into the league (he might be 2nd on that list now because of Manning, im not sure).

Indo
03-01-2010, 05:46 PM
lol. i live in packer country. Trust me, Aaron Rodgers' impression of ben Roethlisberger does not amuse packer fans :rofl:.

Ive read so many amazing things about Drew in Stack Magazine: his workout, his work ethic, all the things he does to go the extra mile. That guy proves that hardwork trumps natural talent everytime. And Ben, well, call me a homer but he has the most come from behind 4th quarter/OT victories since he came into the league (he might be 2nd on that list now because of Manning, im not sure).

These are the two I would choose

But they would have to come to camp with their game faces on to compete for the starting spot

pete74
03-01-2010, 06:14 PM

i love Aaron Rodgers. he started 2 years in the nfl and broke the 4000 mark both times. last year he was sacked 50 times but still was the leading fantasy QB and threw for 4,434 yards 30tds and only 7 picks. he also rushed for 316 yards and 5tds. how anyone in wisconsin can not like that is beyond me.

jonslow
03-01-2010, 10:29 PM
i love Aaron Rodgers. he started 2 years in the nfl and broke the 4000 mark both times. last year he was sacked 50 times but still was the leading fantasy QB and threw for 4,434 yards 30tds and only 7 picks. he also rushed for 316 yards and 5tds. how anyone in wisconsin can not like that is beyond me.

Rodgers is a really great quarterback, but I'm taking Phillip Rivers as my starter and Ben Roethlisberger as a backup. I'm a big fan of young talent and those two are my dream team when it comes to young starting quarterbacks.

Psyychoward86
03-01-2010, 11:19 PM

Any significant pressure, and Rodgers is as good as down. Yeah, he led all QB's in rush yards last year, but when he was trying to be elusive and still looking to pass, well, he couldnt do that at all :rofl:.

And for the record, he has established ZILCH in this league so far as to show anyone that he is clutch.

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 11:52 PM
I wont choose rodgers because of this

http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/d/f/c/c/Steelers_vs_Packers_5ff1.JPG?adImageId=8511599&imageId=7414332

and afterwards he did that gay championship belt animation clebration.... he deserves to be brought to justice and be sacked by woodley

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1224/nfl_g_steelers_defense_576.jpg

Galax Steeler
03-02-2010, 05:21 AM
I would have to say Ben and Brees.

+NuBbS+
03-02-2010, 11:46 AM
I'd take Rivers and Roethlisberger. I like Rivers abiltity to smack talk, and Bens ability to shed tacklers like no other.

steelreserve
03-02-2010, 05:40 PM
I'd take Vick as my starter and Cassel backing him up.

what, nobody said we were starting a GOOD football team.