PDA

View Full Version : Question for Steeler Nation

nicoleandfrankie
03-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Since we missed the playoffs this season will or wont you be renewing your season seats and why or why not.

JEFF4i
03-01-2010, 04:59 PM
I wish I could, but I live in New Mexico!

Any fan that doesn't renew their seats because of missing playoffs isn't much of a fan at all.

pete74
03-01-2010, 05:39 PM
exactly, every team in the entire nfl will have bad years as long as there is a cap

HughC
03-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Any season ticket holder of any NFL team that does not renew their season tickets because the team missed making the playoffs just one time doesn't deserve to be called a fan, and doesn't deserve the privilege of watching games in person.

pete74
03-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Any season ticket holder of any NFL team that does not renew their season tickets because the team missed making the playoffs just one time doesn't deserve to be called a fan, and doesn't deserve the privilege of watching games in person.

with the possible exception of raider fans

steelpride12
03-01-2010, 06:16 PM
The Steelers fans are the most loyal and faithful and I promise you they will always sell back 99-100% of their season tickets every season good or bad.

GBMelBlount
03-01-2010, 06:29 PM
The Steelers fans are the most loyal and faithful and I promise you they will always sell back 99-100% of their season tickets every season good or bad.

I Completely agree.

HughC
03-01-2010, 06:46 PM
with the possible exception of raider fans
After seven straight years with double digit losses, multiple bad trades, bad draft picks, and stupid contracts, I would think it would get to the point where you would almost have to give up your season tickets to get the message across that the current way of doing things is unacceptable if you had the misfortune of being born a Raiders fan. I wouldn't blame a Raider fan for giving up his season tickets one bit, or a Lions fan either (Detroit has won more than ten games just once since 1963) for example. At some time it reaches a point where those owners need a wake up call that all that spending a lot of money on an inferior product is not tolerable. Their situations are totally different than somebody giving up their season tickets after one 9-7 season.

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 07:20 PM
the lions in 2007 started 6-2, ended up 7-9 lmao

touchdownward
03-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Anybody who wouldn't renew season tickets after missing the playoffs, one year removed from the Lombardi, should turn in their Terrible Towel and should be horse whipped with Steely's foam beam. :chuckle:

HometownGal
03-02-2010, 07:28 AM
I didn't turn in my season tix in the 80's when the team basically stunk out TRS, as I love my team no matter how well or not so well they play. The ONLY reason I turned in my seasons when they built Heinz Field is because of the very costly PSL's.

There is a waiting list 7-10 years long and if some do turn in their tickets, there is a plethora of fans chomping it to bit to purchase 'em.

BigBen'sSwagger
03-02-2010, 07:45 AM
I would definitely turn in tickets. I mean last season we not only missed the playoffs we lost to cleave, oakland and K.C sheesh!!! yes I implore all season ticket holders to turn in their tickets at once or better yet send a real message to the organization and just send them to me down here in Texas that'll show em. I'll compile them and you won't have to worry about going out to the stadium in that lousy late season weather. Instead stay home by the cozy fireplace and you won't have to worry about the after game traffic or parking. Leave it all to me I promise I'll take care of it.

Man the sacrifices I am willing to make to help a brother out.

steelballs
03-02-2010, 08:01 AM
I've been a season ticket holder since the 70's and if a fan was to turn in their season tickets after last year, solely because we didn't make the playoffs, I say later pal, we don't need fair weather fans like that.

SteelMember
03-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Since we missed the playoffs this season will or wont you be renewing your season seats and why or why not.

Why? Are you selling?

I'm sure there would be plenty of takers. :tt03:

Cinnjerm
03-03-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure that I endorse the distinction of this past season being a "bad" season. It was an "off" season, even a disappointing season, but not bad. I mean, they did win there last three games (all of which were against playoff caliber opponents) and finished with a winning record (a record mind you our opponent from 08's Superbowl finished with). Just sayin'

Oh and to answer the question, you would if you were a real fan.

vrabinec
03-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I have to buy mine through Stub Hub. If someone's giving theirs up, give me a holler. I'll take 'em off your hands.

memphissteelergirl
03-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Anybody who wouldn't renew season tickets after missing the playoffs, one year removed from the Lombardi, should turn in their Terrible Towel and should be horse whipped with Steely's foam beam. :chuckle:

:chuckle: Well played, Sir! :thumbsup:

Venom
03-03-2010, 03:41 PM
I never would give up my tickets if I was a season ticket holder . I live in NYC and I fly out to see the Steelers in Pittsburgh 2-3 times every year ( not including if they play the Jets/Giants here) . :wave: