PDA

View Full Version : ryan clark

pete74
03-01-2010, 06:47 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-wilson_steelers_to_let_ryan_clark_test_free_agency _html-201031&prov=nfp&type=lgns

i guess were letting him test free agency. i was hoping to sign him before the 5th but i guess he wanted to much. unless we get him back i guess were drafting a saftey or 2 this draft

Psyychoward86
03-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Well eff. I want a safety drafted at some point anyways. Not reached for, but drafted.

xbroughneck
03-01-2010, 06:56 PM
If he can find someone that will pay him more than 4 million per, I wish him the best.

I see a safety coming in the draft.

xbroughneck
03-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Well eff. I want a safety drafted at some point anyways. Not reached for, but drafted.

There are 3 safeties in this draft that arguably wouldn't be a reach at 18. If one of them is on the board when the Steelers get their first pick I hope we take one. If all three of them are gone I hope the Steelers take an offensive lineman.

Galax Steeler
03-01-2010, 07:12 PM
I would say we will get one in the draft as well. Which round I don't know I would love to see Thomas in the first round but I am beginning to believe that he will be gone by the time we pick. If we can't get a good one int the first I hope we get Weatherspoon that man is going to be a beast.

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 07:18 PM
I would say we will get one in the draft as well. Which round I don't know I would love to see Thomas in the first round but I am beginning to believe that he will be gone by the time we pick. If we can't get a good one int the first I hope we get Weatherspoon that man is going to be a beast.

i think thomas will be where we pick lol everyone apart from us think he will be there.... i dont think the 49ers like his size with singletary liking powerful men and i think mcclain and weatherspoon dont make past 15 one of them are selected by the giants..

steelersdepot said they were close to a deal

NJarhead
03-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Crap. I know the Giants need him and the Giants fans want him back. I guess his agent asked for more than what the Steelers thought he would get/or they should pay him.

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Crap. I know the Giants need him and the Giants fans want him back. I guess his agent asked for more than what the Steelers thought he would get/or they should pay him.

Why would he want to go there, i want to see him at least jack up ocho stinko 1 last time. at least once is that asking for too much? :(

AllD
03-01-2010, 07:41 PM
It would be interesting if we moved up to pick a S and then came back in the 2nd for a CB and then OL in the 3rd.

NJarhead
03-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Why would he want to go there, i want to see him at least jack up ocho stinko 1 last time. at least once is that asking for too much? :(

It's where he got his start.

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 07:49 PM
It's where he got his start.

Yea i know but it's the Giants.... The Giants!.

NJarhead
03-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Yea i know but it's the Giants.... The Giants!.
lol, I know. But they were one of the teams to win the SB within the last few years (and the only team to knock off the Patsies in the big show).

Hopefully, he's a Steeler when training camp starts.

Northside Jonny
03-02-2010, 01:53 AM
He'll be back I don't think he wants to learn another system this late in his carrer. At least I know I wouldn't.

pete74
03-02-2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2010/3/2/1332920/ryan-clark-in-his-own-words-i-want?ref=yahoo

M.C. Smith
03-02-2010, 05:36 PM
I really hope the Steelers sign him, the man obviously wants to be here.

pete74
03-02-2010, 05:40 PM
this is from the above link posted today

Share Ryan Clark in his own words: "I want to be here, my family likes it here. I want to finish playing with Troy."
by Blitzburgh on Mar 2, 2010 4:20 AM EST 32 comments

Below is an interview with Ryan Clark and Mike Logan that aired on The Drive on 1250 ESPN Pittsburgh this afternoon. Clark specifically wanted to call Logan - who he says he feels comfortable talking to - to clear the air about how contract negotiations are going with him and the Steelers. Well, apparently nowhere because, according to Clark, there has been no offer whatsoever made to Clark, not even a low-ball offer that he might have to consider passing on at his age.

I've transcribed the portion of the interview below. I'll let you form your own judgments, but I will say that it's worth listening to Clark speak passionately rather than merely reading the transcription. On the one hand, it's apparent Clark really wants to remain in Pittsburgh, to be shown love by the Steelers organization. On the other, Clark's passionate demeanor seems to occasionally make him abrasive or overly intense/aggressive in his characterizations. Remember him lashing out at the media and Steelers fans last season when the team was on it's mid-season slide?

Anyway, here's how I see it as of today. If the organization has truly not offered Clark any sort of deal and have already opted not to use the transition tag on Clark for the 2010 season, then the organization must have their eye on some free agent out there that they're willing to pay for. I suppose they could also be eying some high draft pick to play significant time right away alongside Polamalu, but that seems a bit less likely considering the mental demands necessary at that position.

We'll see. I love Clark when he's playing with #43. Regardless of what happens, I'll remember him fondly for the role he played on our nasty 2008 defense, and for the all-out abandon he played with every time he took the field for the Steelers.

Here's the quotes I found most intriguing, followed by a link to the entire interview.

"To be honest with you guys, I haven't had an offer yet. Nothing put to paper or even said verbally. You know, we want to get this deal done. I've bent over backwards to get it done. You hear so much you being a priority and things like that, and if you think about it, there's been a number of guys who've signed contracts, and I haven't been offered one. There's been Heath Miller, Justin Hartwig, Brett Keisel, Casey, Jeff. So it's not like it was one guy got signed, the well ran dry and there was nothing they can do. It hasn't been that, so if you think about priorities and prioritizing, I was way down on the list."

"I'm going to ask the $6.5, $7 million a year - I wouldn't do that. I know how much Troy makes, and I know how much respect I have for Troy as a player and how much I love him as a friend. I don't see myself as Troy, I don't see myself as having to get that type of paid. So it's not a situation of me saying you gotta pay me how Troy's being paid. I'd be a fool to do that."

"You know, they showed their level of commitment to Jeff, even though it's one year. $2.8 million dollars. Heath Miller, Justin Hartwig - all these guys have been shown some type of love that says 'you know what, we want you here. We're willing to work to get you here.' I haven't gotten that. I'm frustrated and the reason I agreed to come on, but also to do it to someone I was close to, was because I felt like some things needed to be cleared up."

"I'm specifically saying I'm not asking for $6.5 - $7 million dollars. It's not a situation to where people were saying where they didn't transition tag him because they don't feel like he's worth that much, he's not going to get paid that much. Well, we didn't ask for that much. It's not a situation where we're being unreasonable, or I'm being unreasonable. I want to be here, my family likes it here. I want to finish playing with Troy. Some of my best friends are on this team and in this city. But right now, what I'm saying is it's not in my hands."

Listen here to Clark's full interview with Mike Logan on 1250 ESPN Pittsburgh

supa_fly_steeler
03-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Looks like the Steelers are done with him sadly.

He will always remain one of my favourite players ever

xbroughneck
03-02-2010, 05:49 PM
I'd want him back for 3 years...13 mill.

4.5 mil per is plenty for Ryan Clark. If he'll take that I want him.

xbroughneck
03-02-2010, 05:51 PM
If they aren't offering him anything then the Steelers MUST be looking to draft someone in the first two rounds to be his eventual replacement. I can't believe MUNDY is the answer.

pete74
03-02-2010, 05:54 PM
If they aren't offering him anything then the Steelers MUST be looking to draft someone in the first two rounds to be his eventual replacement. I can't believe MUNDY is the answer.

agreed. i wish they would at least make an offer but there not doing so for a reason. they always have a game plan