View Full Version : Judge dismisses two charges against Steeler kicker Reed

mesaSteeler
03-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Judge dismisses two charges against Steeler kicker Reed
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/print_669496.html
By Jill King Greenwood
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, March 1, 2010

A district judge this afternoon tossed out simple assault and resisting arrest charges filed against Jeff Reed and gave the Pittsburgh Steelers kicker six weeks to complete community service on other charges connected to a drunken incident on the North Side.

Pittsburgh police in October said Reed attempted to fight with them when they confronted teammate Matt Spaeth for urinating outside a bar.

During a hearing in Pittsburgh Municipal Court today, District Judge Richard King of Carrick dropped the misdemeanor charges and ordered Reed to complete the community service before returning in six weeks for charges of disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. King said he would consider dropping those charges as well.

Jill King Greenwood can be reached at jgreenwood@tribweb.com or 412-321-2160.

Psyychoward86
03-01-2010, 07:27 PM
it better be a lesson learned :mad:

supa_fly_steeler
03-01-2010, 07:27 PM
He gets away with everything lol

steelpride12
03-01-2010, 08:08 PM
it better be a lesson learned :mad:

That's what I said his last three incidents... :banging:

steeltheone
03-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Go figure...Another slap on the wrist.

zulater
03-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Go figure...Another slap on the wrist.

Maybe that's because that's all his "crimes" have warranted?Maybe you can't, but I can sleep feeling secure at night knowing Jeff's on the loose. :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
03-02-2010, 03:39 AM
I have said it before but hopefully he will learn from this.

HometownGal
03-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Maybe that's because that's all his "crimes" have warranted?Maybe you can't, but I can sleep feeling secure at night knowing Jeff's on the loose. :chuckle:

:laughing: :thumbsup:

Or maybe the DJ felt that locking him away for 10-20 years really didn't fit the "crimes". :chuckle:

Most likely what happened is the DA and the defense attorney came to a mutually acceptable agreement and decided that a community service penalty fit the bill in this case.

steelballs
03-02-2010, 07:09 AM
The sentence fits the crime, but his repeated "public stupidity" remains a concern.

The Steelers have placed another vote of confidence (franchise tag) in Jeff's court...I only hope he takes advantage of this opportunity as he most certainly won't receive another.

fansince'76
03-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Or maybe the DJ felt that locking him away for 10-20 years really didn't fit the "crimes". :chuckle:

I dunno - he probably should've gotten at least 3 to 5 for beating the hell out of that towel dispenser. :chuckle:

SteelMember
03-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Now, did he ask the judge to get the same punishment as Janikowski would have? :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-02-2010, 10:16 AM
I dunno - he probably should've gotten at least 3 to 5 for beating the hell out of that towel dispenser. :chuckle:

No Way!!! I read the transcripts of that case and the towel dispenser came at him with a serrated edge. Reed was acting in self-defense on that one. :wink:

Fire Haley
03-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Like all you holier than thou types aren't already serial offenders of pissin in public.

Way to go Jeff for standing up for your teammate.

So, when does Ben's trial start and when does he get out of prison?

zulater
03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Like all you holier than thou types aren't already serial offenders of pissin in public.

So, when does Ben's trial start and when does he get out of prison?

You're kidding, I hope? :banging:

No criminal charges have been filed or are pending against Ben. It's a civil suite, the woman doesn't have the backbone to testify before a grand jury.

If anyone ever sees the inside of a jail cell over that case it would likely be the accuser for perjury.

steelerdude15
03-03-2010, 09:52 PM
I dunno - he probably should've gotten at least 3 to 5 for beating the hell out of that towel dispenser.
:chuckle: