PDA

View Full Version : Ricardo Colclough?

83-Steelers-43
02-03-2006, 06:29 PM
This is a guy who was passed up by both Ike and McFadden this season. With Townsend becoming a FA after this season where do you all see this guy in the future? I think it's safe to say that he's not coming along as we (counting Steelers coaching staff) would like to see. I don't see us cutting the kid, but do you see him stepping up anytime in the near future and taking the second CB spot next to Ike? Or do you see McFadden and Ike in our future?

Just curious to read what you all think............

Koopa
02-03-2006, 06:34 PM
my boi mcfadden is the future right along side ike. i like ricardo and all but mcfadden is gonna be badass next year and is already showing his potential in the playoffs. but i'm sure the coaching staff will give ricardo more time to grow like they did with ike, jumping from a small school to the nfl might be a little rough for ricardo right now

clevestinks
02-03-2006, 06:35 PM
I was quick to jump off of Ikes bandwagon after last season, thenhe came on and started, and is great now. Coc is a year younger, so lets wait it out!

Suitanim
02-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah, Ike has a year on Coke, and people were saying that Coke had a brighter future at this same point last season.

The bottom line is we are deep at CB and there will be some great competition next year...the winner for the spot opposite Ike will certainly make us even stronger.

43FlyingHair
02-03-2006, 07:37 PM
McFadden looks like he'll be brilliant in a few years when he's got some more experience, and boy have we needed it for a while now. I've never been a fan of Deshea Townsend - it seems like every time I see him, he's at least 10 yards away from the nearest receiver, and that scares the hell out of me.

tony hipchest
02-03-2006, 07:49 PM
mcfadden and colclough are both valuable picks. i bet either could go to the patriots and belichick could do exactly what he did with vrabel. in several years it may be an odd man out situation cause no team can realisticly keep 3 top notch starters at cb.

sidenote: i bet we could see darren perry as a head coach in about 5-7 years if he plays his hand right (succeed d. lebeau).

TasmanianTroy271
02-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Yea, Ike and Ricardo have alot in common, while Ike only starting playing CB his Jr/Sr year, Ricardo played at a really small university, so both needed to adjust to the NFL. We all saw how Ike turned out, you have to give Ricky another chance...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Coc was one of the best CB's to come out, from his conference when we drafted him. colbert and company have a pretty darn good track record with draft picks so I'll wait to reserve judgement..but I think it is safe to say w/ McFadden and Ike back there we have 2 young studs at CB for a long time.. but dont count on Townsend not coming back, he's a beast corner and very underrated. I like his veteran leadership back there.

Suitanim
02-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Coc was one of the best CB's to come out, from his conference when we drafted him. colbert and company have a pretty darn good track record with draft picks so I'll wait to reserve judgement..but I think it is safe to say w/ McFadden and Ike back there we have 2 young studs at CB for a long time.. but dont count on Townsend not coming back, he's a beast corner and very underrated. I like his veteran leadership back there.

Coclough and Taylor came from DII schools. We rolled dice on them both. Ike came up a 7, now we need Coke to roll an 11.

Ambridge
02-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Coclough definately needs more time to develop.
He does scare the hell out of me on special teams........I don't like him returning kickoffs.

Prosdo
02-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Ike has been doing very good this year. McFadden is stepping up well. I think they'll give Colclough one more year and see what happens.

Dook
02-04-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm disappointed in Colclough. At CB he got passed over by a rookie, McFadden, and he lost his kick return job as well.

Townsend is probably gone so I don't see us letting Colclough go because we need a backup.

I'm sure next year will tell us whether or not he stays.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-04-2006, 01:28 PM
I hope Coc can develop into a killer CB so McFadden can play FS (I like Hope a lot,but I dunno if we'll be able to keep him).

Next year will be Coc's deciding year.I hope he turns out to be killer so we can have the best defensive backfield in football.

Suitanim
02-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Again, I think we shoudn't jump to conclusions. McFadden bypassing Coke was 2 things:

McFadden played in a 1A system against some of the best competition in the country. Coke played against inferior competition where he developed some bad habits, namely depending on his far superior athleticism to make plays against sub-par WR's. It's a one year transition for blue chip FSU players, and a 2 year transition for players from schools like Tusculum.

This WILL be the best competition in camp next August...bank it.

figg
02-04-2006, 10:39 PM
I really think Ricardo is going to be a solid CB in the future. Remeber Ike took a step backwards before he started getting it.

BlackNGold203
02-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Mcfadden and Ike start...Coclough will be a 3rd DB in the nickel or dime....

Why isnt Randle El returning kickoffs?

figg
02-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Mcfadden and Ike start...Coclough will be a 3rd DB in the nickel or dime....

Why isnt Randle El returning kickoffs?

He dances to much.