PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Mays runs unoffical 4.24

SteelerNation12
03-02-2010, 11:01 AM
WOW.
Its too bad all that speed goes to waste with crappy coverage skills. Maybe someone can coach him up.

Steeldude
03-02-2010, 11:13 AM
could he be another scott shields?

SteelerNation12
03-02-2010, 11:14 AM
could he be another scott shields?
Is it me or did that first 40 look a lot slower than the 2nd. But the 2nd timed slower.

devilsdancefloor
03-02-2010, 11:16 AM
I would bet whomever picks mays will make him a ILB not a DB just a gut feeling about it

7willBheaven
03-02-2010, 11:58 AM
They said he didnt run a 4.24...they even compared him to WR Jacoby Ford who i think ran just below a 4.3 and Mays was a good yard or more behind him. They said it was human error...and he actually officially ran a 4.4

vrabinec
03-02-2010, 01:06 PM
4.43 is still pretty good for a guy who weighs 230 (fastest time for any defensive back this year). That didn't surprise me as much as how he looked in the change of direction drills. He actually looked pretty good. A lot better than I thought he would. He gets so low and his first step is so powerful that he changes direction almost as fast as the small guys. I'm not gonna pimp him, but it WOULD be interesting to see him back there with Troy. He's got those long arms and he's a good leaper, so throwing over him would be a bitch. He certainly would cover a lot of ground when the ball's in the air, and he showed that he's a hitter in college. Yea, he's not gonna cover Ray Rice out of the backfield, but he'd give the term "safety blitz" a new meaning. He'd scare the crap out of smaller receivers. I dunno. I could live with getting him. Still, I'd rather that someone ahead of us drafts him and that pushes McClain down to us.

jollyrob68
03-02-2010, 01:33 PM
I like Mays dont care for the hype. If he's there its going to be a hard decision on who to take. I dont think Thomas will be there it all depends on the O line,QB's and DL's taken. The Steelers are in a Prime Position.

pete74
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-source_taylor_mays_ran_419_at_usc_html-201032&prov=nfp&type=lgns

here it says he ran a 4.19 at usc

PhantomJB93
03-02-2010, 04:49 PM
I hope this impresses other teams enough that he gets taken earlier and Thomas falls to us now :thumbsup:

supa_fly_steeler
03-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Spoon > McClain

LOL what no way http://www.cool-names.net/msn-emoticons-smiley/spliff.gif pass it over

Northside Jonny
03-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Spoon > McClain

Hopefully the teams in front of us don't figure that out!:steelersflag:

As far as Mays I'm pretty sure with that 40 time he wil be right up there with Bruce Campbell on the Raiders board. I'm pretty sure if he is not a Raider that the Seahawks will take him because of the College connection with their new coach.

vrabinec
03-02-2010, 06:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-source_taylor_mays_ran_419_at_usc_html-201032&prov=nfp&type=lgns

here it says he ran a 4.19 at usc

And still had problems covering guys at the Senior Bowl. Odd, isn't it? Who knows what the issue is, I stillthink he's gonna be limited because you can't man him up to the better receiving TE's and RB's or 3rd receivers. You'll have to run zone when he's out there. That cuts your defensive playbook in half.

taztroy43
03-03-2010, 01:21 AM
4.43 is still pretty good for a guy who weighs 230 (fastest time for any defensive back this year). That didn't surprise me as much as how he looked in the change of direction drills. He actually looked pretty good. A lot better than I thought he would. He gets so low and his first step is so powerful that he changes direction almost as fast as the small guys. I'm not gonna pimp him, but it WOULD be interesting to see him back there with Troy. He's got those long arms and he's a good leaper, so throwing over him would be a bitch. He certainly would cover a lot of ground when the ball's in the air, and he showed that he's a hitter in college. Yea, he's not gonna cover Ray Rice out of the backfield, but he'd give the term "safety blitz" a new meaning. He'd scare the crap out of smaller receivers. I dunno. I could live with getting him. Still, I'd rather that someone ahead of us drafts him and that pushes McClain down to us.

I wouldn't mind us picking Mays up either...but only if we trade down!!!! I think Mays got short changed on his 40!!!! He should of had a 4.3 something....the guys @ NFL Network compared him to another dude that ran a 4.34 and they were stride 4 stride all the way to the end.....but Mays got an official 4.43 40??? I don't get it?????:noidea:

taztroy43
03-04-2010, 12:19 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oDhYKZHKh4Q&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oDhYKZHKh4Q&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

heres the vid that shows proof that Taylor Mays, by FAR, was the fastest DB at the combine with @ least a 4.30-4.32 40 time!!!!! Forget the Cowgirls thing in the video....F*ck the Cowgirls....lol....well enjoy......

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Hopefully the teams in front of us don't figure that out!:steelersflag:

As far as Mays I'm pretty sure with that 40 time he wil be right up there with Bruce Campbell on the Raiders board. I'm pretty sure if he is not a Raider that the Seahawks will take him because of the College connection with their new coach.

Yeah, I think the teams that like workout warriors will jump at them.

Interesting thing I saw last night was that Mays only had 2 INT's in the last 3 seasons and only 5 INT's in 4 seasons. Mayock was really saying that he wasnt much of a playmaker at FS in college.

Texasteel
03-04-2010, 12:31 PM
I've never been that impressed with a football player running 40 yards in shorts. Now if they did that in pads and a helmet, that would be a different story.

supa_fly_steeler
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oDhYKZHKh4Q&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oDhYKZHKh4Q&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

heres the vid that shows proof that Taylor Mays, by FAR, was the fastest DB at the combine with @ least a 4.30-4.32 40 time!!!!! Forget the Cowgirls thing in the video....F*ck the Cowgirls....lol....well enjoy......

LOL great video....

lol the cowgirls are dirty apart from their cheerleaders...

taztroy43
03-04-2010, 01:59 PM
LOL great video....

lol the cowgirls are dirty apart from their cheerleaders...

:rofl: that was pretty funny....but its true!!!!