PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Jones

steelerfan29_99
03-02-2010, 12:55 PM
The JETS are releasing Thomas Jones..if this guy would take a pay cut and play for less so she he could play for a championship I say we should sign him and let him split carries with Mendenhall..but I know he's not gonna do that..the guy wants to get paid and you can't blame him....just a nice dream...lol :noidea:

pete74
03-02-2010, 01:20 PM
if he would sign for 2-2.5 i would take him. he's old but still has gas in his tank since he didnt have many carries until about 5 years ago

steelerdave1969
03-02-2010, 02:36 PM
I like Jones myself and wouldnt mind seeing him with the Steelers, but most likely he wont take that much less money to play. But to get a chance at playing for a championship you think that would be intriguing for him. But I almost feel assured that the Patriots will make a strong run at him.

supa_fly_steeler
03-02-2010, 02:56 PM
LMAO ITS STARTED AGAIN

Northside Jonny
03-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Well he is from VA maybee he wil take less to be close to home.

pete74
03-02-2010, 03:34 PM
i seriously doubt any team is going to sign him to a huge contract at his age so even though its unlikely it is definatly possible

fansince'76
03-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Surprised it took so long....

cheezheadsteeler
03-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Since we are talking about things that aren't gonna happen how bout this...
We sign Peppers and switch to a 4-3 with Peppers and Smith on the ends and Casey and Ziggy in the middle.

pete74
03-02-2010, 04:06 PM
i was so worried tomlin would try to switch us his 1st year but now that everyone in our division and around the leauge is going 3-4 i dont think switching to a 4-3 is to bad of an idea.

M.C. Smith
03-02-2010, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to signing Thomas Jones, the only thing that concerns me about him is his age. The guy can still play and he may be a good fit with Mendenhall in the backfield.

Psyychoward86
03-02-2010, 05:09 PM
I TOTALLY CALLED THIS

Galax Steeler
03-02-2010, 05:13 PM
I TOTALLY CALLED THIS

Yep you called that yesterday.:chuckle:

supa_fly_steeler
03-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Jones just came off his best year and took the team on his back throughout the season.

Judging by last year he want's money.

Maybe he will go to San Diego.

Prok
03-02-2010, 05:53 PM
We sign Peppers and switch to a 4-3 with Peppers and Smith on the ends and Casey and Ziggy in the middle.

WTF ??

How the F did you know what i dreamt about last night ??

:banging:

Chidi29
03-02-2010, 06:33 PM
I have a hunch the Jets saw that he was breaking down. His salary wasn't going to be anything outrageous, especially considering the production he had with New York. And for a run first team and a back coming off of a broken leg, keeping three backs wouldn't be a bad thing.

He'd probably want to go somewhere that will offer him a bigger role anyway.

HometownGal
03-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Are the Jets insane? The guy had 1,400 yards and 14 TD's last season. :jawdrop: He helped me win several FFL's as well. :chuckle:

if he would sign for 2-2.5 i would take him. he's old but still has gas in his tank since he didnt have many carries until about 5 years ago

31 is old? :shake02:

slippy
03-02-2010, 09:09 PM
for a RB 31 is two years too old. run mendenhal until the wheels fall off (probably 3 to 4 years).

steelreserve
03-02-2010, 09:12 PM
OMG WELL NEVER SIGN ANY MORE FREE AGENTS EVERRRRRRR!!! NON OF U KNOW NE THING ABOUT FOOTBALL WHY DONT U GO BACK AND STICK 2 PLAYING MADDEN

HometownGal
03-02-2010, 09:22 PM
for a RB 31 is two years too old.

Tell that to John Riggins, Emmitt Smith, The Bus and Franco.

Psyychoward86
03-02-2010, 09:46 PM
I think i said this before, but Thomas Jones has got to have had one of the most bizarre careers out of an RB that ive ever seen. He started off crappy and started to come on in Chicago and had the best two years of his career by FAR in his 30's. He could be one of those exceptions at the RB position i guess

supa_fly_steeler
03-02-2010, 09:48 PM
I think i said this before, but Thomas Jones has got to have had one of the most bizarre careers out of an RB that ive ever seen. He started off crappy and started to come on in Chicago and had the best two years of his career by FAR in his 30's. He could be one of those exceptions at the RB position i guess

http://urbansportstalk.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/thomasjones1.jpg

He's also one of thos fittest guys of his age. fitnesswise not looks

MasterOfPuppets
03-02-2010, 10:12 PM
I TOTALLY CALLED THIS
:cookie:

Rick5895
03-03-2010, 04:49 AM
Tell that to John Riggins, Emmitt Smith, The Bus and Franco.

With all due respect, HTG, Jones is good but not a hall of fame player, those you mentioned are.
Jones will be over priced for us and I beleive he is about worn down. For the money he will command he may only have 1 good year left. If we can get a guy like Toby Gerhart in the 4th round, then that is the way we should go. IMO

HometownGal
03-03-2010, 06:56 AM
With all due respect, HTG, Jones is good but not a hall of fame player, those you mentioned are.
Jones will be over priced for us and I beleive he is about worn down. For the money he will command he may only have 1 good year left. If we can get a guy like Toby Gerhart in the 4th round, then that is the way we should go. IMO

I know very well that Jones is not a HOF'er, but I simply wanted to point out that a RB at the age of 31 isn't "old". Jones is in great physical condition and considering his stats from last season, he's far from washed up.

I'm also not suggesting at all that the Steelers sign him up. If you will recall the majority of my posts in the past with regard to picking up someone else's leftovers, I'm usually not in favor of it. I'm not a knee jerk reaction kind of gal. :wink: That being said, however, I'm just questioning the Jets mentality here in releasing a guy who brought so much to their offense last season. :noidea:

fansince'76
03-03-2010, 07:12 AM
I'm just questioning the Jets mentality here in releasing a guy who brought so much to their offense last season.

I guess the Jets are really high on Shonn Greene and they don't want to pay Jones that $3.3 million roster bonus. :noidea:

HometownGal
03-03-2010, 07:14 AM
I guess the Jets are really high on Shonn Greene and they don't want to pay Jones that $3.3 million roster bonus. :noidea:

Cheapskates - just like the Rooneys. :chuckle: :wink:

fansince'76
03-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Cheapskates - just like the Rooneys. :chuckle: :wink:

Damn cheap Woody Johnson. Nah, just doesn't have the same ring to it. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
03-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Damn cheap Woody Johnson. Nah, just doesn't have the same ring to it. :chuckle:

He would win the "Names That Sound Dirty" contest though. :chuckle:

HometownGal
03-03-2010, 08:10 AM

:toofunny::chuckle::toofunny:

pete74
03-03-2010, 08:12 AM
I know very well that Jones is not a HOF'er, but I simply wanted to point out that a RB at the age of 31 isn't "old". Jones is in great physical condition and considering his stats from last season, he's far from washed up.

I'm also not suggesting at all that the Steelers sign him up. If you will recall the majority of my posts in the past with regard to picking up someone else's leftovers, I'm usually not in favor of it. I'm not a knee jerk reaction kind of gal. :wink: That being said, however, I'm just questioning the Jets mentality here in releasing a guy who brought so much to their offense last season. :noidea:

exactly. jones ran for 1400+ yards last year. he isnt worn down like other 30+ year old backs because he didnt have the hits that starters take.

Indo
03-03-2010, 09:49 AM

:toofunny:

I know a guy who is a Urologist whose name is Richard Steele-----I kid you not.

He answers the phone, "Steele, Dick"----which is both his name, and his Profession!

true story

solardave
03-03-2010, 08:17 PM

Peppers wants to play in a 3-4 and suppose we did switch. where in the hell are the backups?