PDA

View Full Version : Who's definitely gonna be gone by the time we pick?

vrabinec
03-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Suh
McCoy
Bradford
Berry
Okung

Anyone else?
Davis is a beast, but he's clearly not a LT, and RT's don't have the same value as LT's

Bulaga is a great pass blocker, but he doesn't have all that much power in the run game.

Haden was at the top of the list, but a 4.57 at the combine can't help him. Limits who teams can line him up across from.

Clausen had nice numbers, but his motion is nowhere near as smooth as Bradford. He might go the way of Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn.

Dez Braynt's go off-field issues and he inconsistent.

Bruce Cambell showed he a physical freak, but he's a prime candidte for workout warriors who look like Tarzan and play like Jane. Plus I hear rumors of off field issues.

Pierre-Paul looked smooth, but he's gonna have to put on muscle, and lanky guys like him sometimes slow down when they put on muscle.

Hughes is in the same boat as Pierre-Paul

Iupatti is getting a lot of press from the Senior Bowl and combine, but he looked like a pass blocking liability at the combine from I saw. Plus, guards don't generally get drafted this high.

McClain isn't getting anywhere near the press that Willis got a few years ago. He's not as good in coverage, and doesn't have quite the same range, so he's probably limited to playing the buck in a 4-3. That cuts down the number of teams who would look at him.

Spiller looked disjointed running at the combine, despite the time he posted. And people have to be wondering if a lot of his yards came courtesy of Jacoby Ford clearing the safeties out.

Trent Williams looked like he had perfect form, but to listen to OU fans this year, you would think he was a 4th round pick after they moved him to LT. Plus he didn't exactly exude power at the combine.

Who do YOU think will be 17 off he board by the time we pick?

thermoman
03-02-2010, 02:26 PM
as longs as spoon does not get pick up in the first 17 picks,,,,,, i will be thrilled as heck,,,,,,,, cause spooner wont make it to atlanta at 19......... baby,,,,, he is ours for the pickin at 18......:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::h elmet::helmet::helmet:

supa_fly_steeler
03-02-2010, 02:28 PM
You won't know until draft day.

Where Eric Berry get's selected much like Tyson Jackson last year will have a big impact on the top 20.

as longs as spoon does not get pick up in the first 17 picks,,,,,, i will be thrilled as heck,,,,,,,, cause spooner wont make it to atlanta at 19......... baby,,,,, he is ours for the pickin at 18......:h elmet:

weatherspoon is a waste of a pick when micah johnson who could be picked up in round 5 would and can and does fit our system much better as a true middle linebacker. He's the best pure middle linebacker in this draft imo

simonsfs30
03-02-2010, 02:35 PM
i really like micah but i cant say spoon is a waste, i mean anybody who we pick its 80 % propable he`ll be a GREAT PLAYER,

i thin spoon could be there
earl thomas
Iupati
williams
maybe bulaga

from those i will probably pick spoon or thomas

supa_fly_steeler
03-02-2010, 02:50 PM
i really like micah but i cant say spoon is a waste, i mean anybody who we pick its 80 % propable he`ll be a GREAT PLAYER,

i thin spoon could be there
earl thomas
Iupati
williams
maybe bulaga

from those i will probably pick spoon or thomas

That's what we all said about Lawrence Timmons whilst he was outplayed by a second rounder who i wanted back in 2007 :banging::banging::banging::banging:

vrabinec
03-02-2010, 02:59 PM

Where Eric Berry get's selected much like Tyson Jackson last year will have a big impact on the top 20.

weatherspoon is a waste of a pick when micah johnson who could be picked up in round 5 would and can and does fit our system much better as a true middle linebacker. He's the best pure middle linebacker in this draft imo

I'm a big fan of Micah too, but he doesn't have the range to be an MLB, he needs to be in a 3-4 where he doesn't have to cover quite as much ground on most plays. That's good for us, because fewer teams will be interested in him.

supa_fly_steeler
03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm a big fan of Micah too, but he doesn't have the range to be an MLB, he needs to be in a 3-4 where he doesn't have to cover quite as much ground on most plays. That's good for us, because fewer teams will be interested in him.

that is a MLB lol. He isn't an OLB. Not many teams are interested him. Teams will remember his name when he devours the oppoistins running backs in the open

He crunches feeble running backs in the SEC. He had an injured ankle all year and somehow managed 90 tackles beastttt

Northside Jonny
03-02-2010, 03:18 PM

Personal love for Earl Thomas clouds judgement again. All the announcers at the combine agreed Spoon could play any LB spot. I would take Mayocks word over yours pally.

vrabinec
03-02-2010, 03:23 PM
that is a MLB lol. He isn't an OLB. Not many teams are interested him. Teams will remember his name when he devours the oppoistins running backs in the open

He crunches feeble running backs in the SEC. He had an injured ankle all year and somehow managed 90 tackles beastttt

Technically, MLB plays the middle in a 4-3, while the insidelinebackers in a 3-4 are ILB's and Buck and Mike if you want to get specific as to which side. He's a Buck. Not getting snotty or anything, just saying.....

Sharkissle29
03-02-2010, 03:33 PM

i really hope we dont draft earl thomas just to spite you

Northside Jonny
03-02-2010, 03:37 PM

Here Here!!:hope:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-02-2010, 04:01 PM

I here you. It really is getting to that point.

supa_fly_steeler
03-02-2010, 04:03 PM

lolz i wouldnt mind if he wasn't drafted. Again he isn't even my top 5 prospects.

go ahead to spite me lol.

I never even mentoined thomas, you take any shots at weatherspoon as personal lmao... i wouldnt even care if people take shots at thomas for being small... because there stuff to back up but you go you love thomas blah blah but its you who loves weatherspoon

Aussie_steeler
03-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Its time for most in the Warroom to quit the personal jibes and get back to discussing the merits of players and how and where the might best fit.

If you havent noticed, most of the die hard draft guys / girls on this board are no longer posting. Most of us want to talk about players and their skill sets, instead its all about trash talking and personal insults. Take it to the blast furnace and knock each other out.

Its a damn shame that the once great SF Warroom has turned into romper room.

Get back on task and lets all talk about players, scenarios and mock drafts.

In response to the thread title the players I think that will definitely be off the board will be

1. Suh 2. Bradford 3. Berry 4. G. McCoy 5. Okung 6. Haden 7. Bryant 8. McClain
9. Morgan 10. Bulaga 11. Spiller 12. Clausen 13. B. Campbell 14. Dunlap

That leaves a couple of good options for the steelers at #18. OT, NT, CB, FS and LB are all viable options

BKAnthem
03-03-2010, 03:18 AM
Its time for most in the Warroom to quit the personal jibes and get back to discussing the merits of players and how and where the might best fit.

If you havent noticed, most of the die hard draft guys / girls on this board are no longer posting. Most of us want to talk about players and their skill sets, instead its all about trash talking and personal insults. Take it to the blast furnace and knock each other out.

Its a damn shame that the once great SF Warroom has turned into romper room.

Get back on task and lets all talk about players, scenarios and mock drafts.

In response to the thread title the players I think that will definitely be off the board will be

1. Suh 2. Bradford 3. Berry 4. G. McCoy 5. Okung 6. Haden 7. Bryant 8. McClain
9. Morgan 10. Bulaga 11. Spiller 12. Clausen 13. B. Campbell 14. Dunlap

That leaves a couple of good options for the steelers at #18. OT, NT, CB, FS and LB are all viable options

:applaudit: Thanks for that Aussie....I REALLY Hope we get a corner then an O lineman...Really Hope

Aussie_steeler
03-03-2010, 03:27 AM
:applaudit: Thanks for that Aussie....I REALLY Hope we get a corner then an O lineman...Really Hope

I really like Kyle WIlson at CB, however I have also stated here that I see that the steelers draft for the future.

My future draft needs are OT, FS, ILB, SS, OLB and NT.

Keenan Lewis is a real enigma to me at this stage. I think he is another IKE TAYLOR in the making. I could see him possibly in the FS role but that would be at least another 2 years down the road.

I want to see a FS at some stage that never overplays / over reads and gets burnt. That and a healthy Troy will make any CB look instantly better.

SteelMember
03-03-2010, 07:47 AM
1. Suh 2. Bradford 3. Berry 4. G. McCoy 5. Okung 6. Haden 7. Bryant 8. McClain 9. Morgan 10. Bulaga 11. Spiller 12. Clausen 13. B. Campbell 14. Dunlap
Good List.

I really like Kyle WIlson at CB, however I have also stated here that I see that the steelers draft for the future.

With a good Senior bowl, and Mayocks rankings, he will probably push into the 1st now.

Keenan Lewis is a real enigma to me at this stage. I think he is another IKE TAYLOR in the making. I could see him possibly in the FS role but that would be at least another 2 years down the road.

I'm hoping he will make strides this year to at least become "the" nickle DB and make the coaches rethink Townsend for that position. If Deshea is really willing to move to FS, I am going to start needing to see him there... not just hope he can do it come game time. Otherwise, he may become expendable. Although, he and Carter seem to always scratch there way back into the 53.