PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone hear about this

SteelersNationsfl
02-03-2006, 08:11 PM
I found it when I was browsking on the Seahawks huddle...

The NFL just can't let the Steelers and the Seahawks shine.

Bill Bellichick,or however you effing spell it,will be on the pregame show and Tom "Pretty Poster Boy" Brady will be doing the damn coinflip.The NFL just can't let the Patriettes go,they can't let the dynasty that has now crumbled fade to black (and gold).

It's supposed to be OUR time (by our,I meen Steelers & Seahawks) but the Patriettes are still being allowed to shine bright on OUR STAGE.

I seriously hope he gets booed so loud he runs off the field crying.Since the Pats weren't good enough to play thier way into Detriot for the SB,the NFL has had to find a different way to get thier poster boy for gayness some face time,and get thier "greatsest team ever but can't win a SB by more than a FG" some face time.

If the NFL seriously wants to honor past SB MVP's,use someone like Joe Montana,not a current player,not Tom Brady.That's just a slap in the face to both of these teams,IMHO.

PisnNapalm
02-03-2006, 08:14 PM
I was a bit put off by it too. More like thinking WTF?

I agree... Honor Joe Montana, hell... how about John Elway even. Fran Tarkenton too.

I think the NFL is still pissed that the Pats and the Colts are not in the SB.

TasmanianTroy271
02-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Yea, I think it's pretty lame. They should have Franco do the coin toss, you know, Steelers and Seahawks... Or maybe Levon Kirkland :P

BlitzburghRockCity
02-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Well tom brady is one of the NFL's poster boys and with Belicheck's wardrobe on gameday how can they pick anyone else :rolleyes:

Personally I dont care for it either... Bring a HOF player out there, a HOF coach, Paul T. himself, hell I'd even be happy with Keith Richards doing it over those 2.

Nothing against Belicheck personally but let the rest of us have the spotlight when its due.

Suitanim
02-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Marsha Marsha MARSHA!

The NFL is becoming Jan Brady.

rickmastfan67
02-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Come on NFL, what are you guys thinking. :rolleyes:

I'd rather have Bradshaw then Brady.

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2006, 08:26 PM
The Brady coin flip is ridiculous.

It is like having Montana do the coin flip for the Bills-Giants game in 1991 or Staubach for Steelers-Rams in 1980 (to use 2 examples of multi-Super Bowl winning but still active QBs whom the NFL wanted to be the face of the league at the time and were knocked out during the playoffs).

If you are going down that road with active players, the league could at least have selected NFL fave & "Man Of The Year" Peyton Manning for entertainment value so some Steeler or Seahawk (Porter comes to mind) could tell Peyton at mid-field during the coin toss that he hopes Peyton makes it to The Game some year.

Are Brady and Belichek also going to present the Lombardi trophy after the game in an NFL version of the previous year's winner putting the green jacket on the winner at The Masters? I am sick of the Pats.

SteelersNationsfl
02-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Here is a link

http://cbs4boston.com/sports/local_story_034085014.html

Koopa
02-03-2006, 08:29 PM
i heard about it yesterday on another forum but they didn't have a link so i didn't know if they were bullshitting or not. brady better not **** us over

Livinginthe past
02-03-2006, 08:47 PM
I have to laugh at the bitterness of the original post - just because the best QB in the NFL gets to flip the coin doesn't mean that his awesome star-power will over shadow the whole thing.

By the end of the 1st half people will probably have calmed down a little from seeing him - then we can concentrate on the guys out in the middle.

Personally I think you guys should be honored that the best QB and the best coach in the NFL have given up some of their time to take part in this.

NM

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Brady is an active player.

It is the deification of an active player that is the rub here.

Unless you assume that Brady is the greatest player of all time there is no justification for honoring Brady by having him toss teh coin.

tony hipchest
02-03-2006, 08:59 PM
so let me get this straight. tom brady is gonna toss the salad....i mean corn....i mean coin??????

has an active qb ever been the honorary toss captain at a sb before?

this is a direct slap in the face of matt hasselbeck!

Livinginthe past
02-03-2006, 09:15 PM
so let me get this straight. tom brady is gonna toss the salad....i mean corn....i mean coin??????

has an active qb ever been the honorary toss captain at a sb before?

this is a direct slap in the face of matt hasselbeck!

Apparently all of the previous SB MVP's are going to be there - including Deion Branch.

There is a rumor that Brady will play fake the coin-toss - then launch it down the sideline to a sprinting Deion Branch who is going to catch it, run it in to the endzone - then spike it.

The officials are then going to check which side the coin landed on.

NM

Suitanim
02-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Personally I think you guys should be honored that the best QB and the best coach in the NFL have given up some of their time to take part in this.

NM

This pretty much sums YOU up. A one trick poster...I guess I admire your stubornness, though. The game turns, and some are left behind...there might be a day, sooner rather than later I hope, when your dichotomy comes back to bite you in the ass.

I'll be there. Kids who never lose make the VERY worst losers when the worm turns.

3 to be 4
02-03-2006, 09:20 PM
BOOO HOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO

man, do you guys have an inferiority complex or something? its the frickin coin toss.

who cares???? arent ya happy yer playing in the game??

a lot happier than Brady or Belichick will be sunday, so quit whining!!!

tony hipchest
02-03-2006, 09:25 PM

man, do you guys have an inferiority complex or something? its the frickin coin toss.

who hit the ball that buckner fumbled? maybe their great grandchild should throw out the 1st pitch at the next red sox ws.

or ulf samuelson drop the puck the next time the bruins make it to the stanley cup

Suitanim
02-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Did the Pats think they were going to win every Super Bowl for the next 20 years?

Dimwitted fools...

3 to be 4
02-03-2006, 09:29 PM
who hit the ball that buckner fumbled? maybe their great grandchild should throw out the 1st pitch at the next red sox ws.

who the hell would care?? In fact, i think they actually had Bucky Dent throw out a ball at some Yankee playoff game?

dont get wrapped up in crap like this. worry about winning your super bowl.

Suitanim
02-03-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm out...I'm not gonna let sour grapes spoil the moment.

tony hipchest
02-03-2006, 09:35 PM
wouldnt it be more appropriate if they had like a former holder of the key to the city toss the coin? you know, sadaam or something? why not kyle boller?

utmost disrespect of the steelers! look out seattle! lol

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2006, 09:35 PM

I am just trying to get into a "nobody respects us" mindset for Sunday :)

3 to be 4
02-03-2006, 09:36 PM
hmm. lets see. Steelers fans yell and whine about the presence of Brady. So where exactly are the "sour grapes" coming from and WHY?

thats it for me on the subject as well.

Brady12
02-03-2006, 09:59 PM
I really don't see what the fuss is over Tom Brady tossing a coin. It's not like he is suiting up for Seattle, and gonna play to win another championship. Well maybe it's because Brady is my idol, but still.. Focus on the game, not on a Current QB making a coin toss to decide kick recieve.

BTW, How is this disrespectful to Pittsburgh? Are they hosting the Bowl? Are they the only team in it? You would think the Steeler Nation would be ignoring this, and preparing for gameday. But whatever... go Super Bowl 40!

tony hipchest
02-03-2006, 10:05 PM

BTW, How is this disrespectful to Pittsburgh? Are they hosting the Bowl? Are they the only team in it? You would think the Steeler Nation would be ignoring this, and preparing for gameday. But whatever... go Super Bowl 40!

youre right! im gonna go do 40 wind sprints and study gamefilm right now!

MagicHawk
02-03-2006, 10:10 PM
I was a bit put off by it too. More like thinking WTF?

I agree... Honor Joe Montana, hell... how about John Elway even. Fran Tarkenton too.

I think the NFL is still pissed that the Pats and the Colts are not in the SB.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is closer to the mark than you imagine. Not that it matters at all it isn't like he is suiting up on Sunday.

TexaSteeler
02-03-2006, 10:19 PM
I don't think Steeler or Seahawk fans are really getting worked up as much as realizing the NFL has their favorites, like the NBA's David Stern and anything-Jordan. I think most of us think it's pathetic and and a little funny that they have to resort to this to get the golden child into the SB spotlight.

I'd rather be the SB champion than the coin flipper.

I can hear it now. Bettis, "Tails". Brady, "He called heads. .."

melroseplace
02-03-2006, 10:22 PM
ugh. that's all I have to say.

sdayxl
02-03-2006, 11:19 PM
ARE YOU ON CRACK!! best qb in the NFL!! put down the pipe and take a step back, Brady is good, not the best... Big Ben eats Tom Brady flakes for breakfast

Livinginthe past
02-03-2006, 11:39 PM
ARE YOU ON CRACK!! best qb in the NFL!! put down the pipe and take a step back, Brady is good, not the best... Big Ben eats Tom Brady flakes for breakfast

Ok sure - now that you have laid out such a convincing, well thought out argument I am going to retract my statement.

NM

bmovierat
02-04-2006, 12:12 AM
I'm just disappointed that Brady has to stick his nose into the game, even though he wasn't good enough to earn a trip for his team this year.

I wouldnt be surprised if they got peyton to be an honorary referee.

Brady12
02-04-2006, 12:57 AM
I'm just disappointed that Brady has to stick his nose into the game, even though he wasn't good enough to earn a trip for his team this year.

I wouldnt be surprised if they got peyton to be an honorary referee.

The league obviously selected and asked him, he isn't going to just show up at midfield.. Hey guys, i'll be doing the coin toss today. blame the NFL, if you want to blame someone.

shevdog
02-04-2006, 01:27 AM
I didn't know pretty boy Brady was flipping the coin. I absolutely do not like that. I'll have to have some Pepto ready for that coin toss.

VegasStlrFan
02-04-2006, 02:02 AM
What a joke, shouldn't he be getting his ripped gut sack stitched this weekend??? If your going to have a football personality do this in Detroit it should be Barry Sanders.

gostillerz
02-04-2006, 02:41 AM
Joey Porter oughta slam brady as soon as they give him the coin.

Livinginthe past
02-04-2006, 03:24 AM
Joey Porter oughta slam brady as soon as they give him the coin.

I think you are confusing NFL for your favorite 'sport' WWF.......

NM

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 03:37 AM
4. Go to the Super Bowl & beat Seattle [in progress]Interesting I would go with the opposite result.....

Mamaduck43
02-04-2006, 04:43 AM
Let Brady flip the coin and the allow Polamalu to flip Brady....

3 to be 4
02-04-2006, 08:11 AM

based on what?? moron

Chronicgaming
02-04-2006, 09:39 AM
I think you are confusing NFL for your favorite 'sport' WWF.......

NM

Sports crossovers have been done before...:rolleyes:

SteelerzGirl
02-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Let Brady flip the coin and the allow Polamalu to flip Brady....

:rofl:

Oh yeaaaaa! You had the best one, Mama...(lol)! :bouncy:

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Interesting I would go with the opposite result.....

Really? I wonder why?

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Personally, I don't really care who's flipping the coin. All that matters to me is who is playing in the game.

steelcityjameser
02-04-2006, 10:20 AM
let them pass the torch. we take care of our business and this stuff takes care of itself.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2006, 10:27 AM
there ya go, passing the torch.. good call :tt:

Livinginthe past
02-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Personally, I don't really care who's flipping the coin. All that matters to me is who is playing in the game.

The voice of sanity - well done 83!

If the Pats were in this years SB I could care less is Osama Bin Laden flipped the coin - its only a sideshow.

Im looking forward to the game now - just over a day away.

NM

BlackNGold203
02-04-2006, 12:34 PM
The voice of sanity - well done 83!

If the Pats were in this years SB I could care less is Osama Bin Laden flipped the coin - its only a sideshow.

Im looking forward to the game now - just over a day away.

NM

Agreed...who cares who's flipping the freaking coin????

Personally..I hope we lose the flip...I like the defense to set the tone...and I love getting the ball to start the 2nd half....

Livinginthe past
02-04-2006, 12:37 PM

Personally..I hope we lose the flip...I like the defense to set the tone...and I love getting the ball to start the 2nd half....

Did ya know that it is theoretically possible for the Steelers/ Seahawks to kick the ball away at the start of both halves.

If you win the toss you get the choice of recieve or kick at the start of the game - the loser then gets the same choice at the beginning of the 3rd quarter!

NM

blitzburghXL
02-04-2006, 12:53 PM
I don't think that's how it works... I'm pretty sure that the team that kicks at the beginning gets the ball after the half.

TasmanianTroy271
02-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Sports crossovers have been done before...:rolleyes:

lol YEA XFL!

clevestinks
02-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Lets get it on!

F%$@! the coin toss! F#*%! the seahawks! Lets just get toit already! I don`t care about the rolling stones, or who is singing the National Anthem! I could care less about the HOF`ers. Lets play football! Our season is SIXTY Minutes from a Fifth Ring!

Steelers 27- seattle 10, Deal with that!

RoethlisBURGHer
02-04-2006, 03:11 PM
My thing about it is that it's the f--king Patriots,the team the the NFL latched on to.They say it's to honor past MVP's...so they chose the NFL's poster boy who just happens to be the biggest star on the Patriots.There are much better canidates for the coin toss to honor past MVP's (unless your a Patriots fan,the Tom Brady is the ONLY choice because nobody in the history of the game is better than him).

Livinginthe past
02-04-2006, 03:12 PM
I don't think that's how it works... I'm pretty sure that the team that kicks at the beginning gets the ball after the half.

Digest of Rules

Coin Toss
1. The toss of coin will take place within three minutes of kickoff in center of field. The toss will be called by the visiting captain before the coin is flipped. The winner may choose one of two privileges and the loser gets the other:

(a) Receive or kick

(b) Goal his team will defend

2. Immediately prior to the start of the second half, the captains of both teams must inform the officials of their respective choices. The loser of the original coin toss gets first choice.

http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/cointoss

NM

Livinginthe past
02-04-2006, 03:18 PM
My thing about it is that it's the f--king Patriots,the team the the NFL latched on to.They say it's to honor past MVP's...so they chose the NFL's poster boy who just happens to be the biggest star on the Patriots.There are much better canidates for the coin toss to honor past MVP's (unless your a Patriots fan,the Tom Brady is the ONLY choice because nobody in the history of the game is better than him).

Boo hoo wahhhhhhh.

Some of you Steelers are such cry-babies its unbelieveable - you're in the superbowl and your getting your little panties in a twist over who flips the coin.

It must be terrible to be that totally owned by the thought of one team that you are moaning about this on the eve of the SB.

FYI - the NFL didn't 'latch' on to them - I think you will find that they put themselves in the public eye by winning 3 out of the last 4 SB's.

NM

DJfan
02-04-2006, 03:21 PM
The best QB and best coach will be on the Steelers sideline.

Livinginthe past
02-04-2006, 03:24 PM
The best QB and best coach will be on the Steelers sideline.

Are they heading over there after the coin toss to wish Cowher and Ben R. good luck?

I have to say thats a pretty classy move by Messrs Belichick and Brady.

NM

3 to be 4
02-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Boo hoo wahhhhhhh.

Some of you Steelers are such cry-babies its unbelieveable - you're in the superbowl and your getting your little panties in a twist over who flips the coin.

It must be terrible to be that totally owned by the thought of one team that you are moaning about this on the eve of the SB.

FYI - the NFL didn't 'latch' on to them - I think you will find that they put themselves in the public eye by winning 3 out of the last 4 SB's.

NM

exactactly LITP, my man! its an inferiority complex gone wild if on the eve of their greatest moment in 26 years they are worrying about this. And yes, it wasn't "heaped on them" by the NFL. they earned it by winning 3 of 4, including a 21 game winning streak and 2 AFCCG wins at Pittsburgh. they have done historic things and it has only been since AFTER they beat the Colts in last years divisional playoff did they finally start getting the reps for what they had done.
so please enough of this "The NFL wants the Patriots......."

NOBODY wanted the Patriots. and before SB 36 NOBODY wanted them to beat the Rams.
Fox didnt even prepare for it, as their post game coverage was totally lost and confused that day.

c'mon Steeler fans, GET HAPPY!!! ITS YOUR TIME!!!!!!!

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Boo hoo wahhhhhhh.

NM

Tell it to Don Banks from SI.com, whom you will have a hard time portraying as a Steeler homer or Pats hater. He says it better than I can:

So Tom Brady gets to do the pre-game Super Bowl coin flip, becoming first active player not participating in the game to be so honored? That about does it for Mr. Wonderful. All that's left for him to conquer is King of the Rose Bowl Parade.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/02/04/snap.judgments/2.html

3 to be 4
02-04-2006, 10:09 PM
SO??? how does that not make you sound like cryy babies worrying about this so much?

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2006, 10:19 PM
The Don Banks quote speaks for itself and reflects that not only 'whining' Steelers fans have issues with Brady being at mid-field tomorrow since he could not make it the way any other active player makes it.

Certain segments of the league office have wet dreams about Brady - he is a great player but making him the first active player to do the SB coin flip is a bit too much for those of us who do not own the official DVDs of the 3 Pats Super Bowl wins.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-05-2006, 12:06 AM
I gotta say I couldn't care any less about this.

Then again, the Seahawks haven't been New England's biatches for the past few years either....

tony hipchest
02-05-2006, 12:27 AM
The Don Banks quote speaks for itself and reflects that not only 'whining' Steelers fans have issues with Brady being at mid-field tomorrow since he could not make it the way any other active player makes it.

Certain segments of the league office have wet dreams about Brady - he is a great player but making him the first active player to do the SB coin flip is a bit too much for those of us who do not own the official DVDs of the 3 Pats Super Bowl wins.

:sofunny: so true. this goes to show the arrogance of the patfans to still be calling other teams fans whiners over this issue. im sure they would whine if the nfl didnt allow brady to be a part of this sb. after all he has EARNED that right. 31 other teams and their fans may disagree but they are all wrong and the patfans are correct. (altleast in 3 of the past 5 years.)

lets see d. jeter throw out the 1st pitch in the next red sox world series and see what type of backlash there is in boston. it would be alot worse than a bunch of people on a message board saying it is bullshit.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-05-2006, 12:33 AM
:sofunny: so true. this goes to show the arrogance of the patfans to still be calling other teams fans whiners over this issue. im sure they would whine if the nfl didnt allow brady to be a part of this sb. after all he has EARNED that right. 31 other teams and their fans may disagree but they are all wrong and the patfans are correct. (altleast in 3 of the past 5 years.)

lets see d. jeter throw out the 1st pitch in the next red sox world series and see what type of backlash there is in boston. it would be alot worse than a bunch of people on a message board saying it is bullshit.

Right, because the BoSox are the Yankees' biatches, just like the Steelers are New Englands'.

No one else cares- including Seahawks fans. Your whining simply tells me you disresect the Seahawks and think this game is all about the Steelers.

Tom Brady is a stud- deal with it.

brianski71
02-05-2006, 01:24 AM
tom brady is a douche bag and so is hasselbeck

BIG BENS GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!!!!

Rust-Buster
02-05-2006, 01:27 AM
That would have been cool to have Franco do the coin toss. I can get behind that.

tony hipchest
02-05-2006, 02:44 AM
That would have been cool to have Franco do the coin toss. I can get behind that. actually that is a cool idea but i could see where the seahawks might feel a little slighted by that. then again it was terry bradshaw handing over that nfc champ trophy to the seahawks.

Da'Burgh
02-05-2006, 03:13 AM
Brady needs to sit in the stands and watch the Steelers win the trophy.

On second thought, think of this Steeler fans. It's going to be pretty sweet seeing Brady ask a Steeler "Heads or Tails?" BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

"Thanks Tom. No 3peat for you, now go sit down and watch. Good job."

SteelersNationsfl
02-05-2006, 05:00 AM
Brady needs to sit in the stands and watch the Steelers win the trophy.

On second thought, think of this Steeler fans. It's going to be pretty sweet seeing Brady ask a Steeler "Heads or Tails?" BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

"Thanks Tom. No 3peat for you, now go sit down and watch. Good job."

The Seahawks get to call the toss ... the steelers are the home team.

Lambertfan
02-05-2006, 06:55 AM
Hey living in the past,the best QB is playing today,doesn't brady have an operation to go to?????????????????????????????????

3 to be 4
02-05-2006, 08:06 AM

I wouldnt give a crap if the Patriots werent mentioned all day! Who cares?? its not an issue unless there is some inferiority complex in Western PA.

as far as Jeter i already answered that. they DID have Bucky Dent do something like that, i cant rememer which game. Its called not taking yourself too seriously.
like someone said earlier, i would think you'd like having Brady there in streetclothes to reinforce the idea that they are NOT playing and someone else is.

RELAX. ENJOY YOUR MOMENT

Livinginthe past
02-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Hey living in the past,the best QB is playing today,doesn't brady have an operation to go to?????????????????????????????????

I just heard that Brady is going to have his hernia operation live on TV as part of the halftime show. Madden will be providing expert commentary, along the lines of "You don't want to sever that artery - severing an artery is a bad thing".

Its only right I suppose - the best QB in the league should be a part of every SB.

NM

Livinginthe past
02-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Tell it to Don Banks from SI.com, whom you will have a hard time portraying as a Steeler homer or Pats hater. He says it better than I can:

So Tom Brady gets to do the pre-game Super Bowl coin flip, becoming first active player not participating in the game to be so honored? That about does it for Mr. Wonderful. All that's left for him to conquer is King of the Rose Bowl Parade.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/02/04/snap.judgments/2.html

Wow that article in the SB week has totally made me change my mind - we all know that the media will only devote their time to the most important stories during the build up.

I repeat, there is definitely NOT a shortage of good news material and a surplus of reporting time in the two weeks leading up to the SB - this is a very important item.

NM

Livinginthe past
02-05-2006, 10:11 AM

No-one elses fans are whining about it.

The Patriots still totally own the minds of the Steeler faithful - if I was an evil type of Patriot fan I would be laughing at all the attention this story is getting.

But im not, so I wont. :rolleyes:

NM

fergusonat
02-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Hey, I frankly don't care...the Steelers are in the freakin' Super Bowl! Let Brady have his pointless little glory moment ----> the real glory will belong to the Steelers when they kick some Hawk-ass!

Livinginthe past
02-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Hey, I frankly don't care...the Steelers are in the freakin' Super Bowl! Let Brady have his pointless little glory moment ----> the real glory will belong to the Steelers when they kick some Hawk-ass!

Thats the kind of attitude I was expecting - you are spot on.

Even as a Pats fan I have to admit Brady means nothing until the start of the new season - enjoy your moment.

NM

Prosdo
02-05-2006, 10:24 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. I am a little surprised they're having Brady do it, but it's only the coin toss.

Atlanta Dan
02-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Thats the kind of attitude I was expecting - you are spot on.

Even as a Pats fan I have to admit Brady means nothing until the start of the new season - enjoy your moment.

NM

I apologize for making a negative comment about Tom Brady - I know Pats fans on this board have been uniformly positive in their comments about the Steelers.

Please forgive me.

SteelerzGirl
02-05-2006, 10:55 AM
I don't care if Brady does the coin toss either. It's our PITTSBURGH STEELERS who are in the big dance! Yeehaww! I just hope Brady knows heads from tails and doesn't further aggravate his hernia. :dang: That's right... Today is all about our Pittsburgh Steelers! :bouncy:

Livinginthe past
02-05-2006, 10:55 AM
I apologize for making a negative comment about Tom Brady - I know Pats fans on this board have been uniformly positive in their comments about the Steelers.

Please forgive me.

Ha Ha.

Atlanta Dan will forever be known (to me anyway) as Hipchest Jr.

That sounds so much like him its scary.

In case you didnt get my point - you can say what you want about Brady - but when you do it on the eve/ day of the SB the Steelers are appearing in it makes you look petty and, above all, OWNED.

Look at what Prosdo says and learn.

By the way - I forgive you.

NM

Brady12
02-05-2006, 11:11 AM

Finally someone who is more concerned about winning the Super Bowl, than who's doing the coin toss.

I'll be sitting there with my Brady jersey on "Oh look at that!! What a perfect flip from Tom Brady. Amazing"

SteelerzGirl
02-05-2006, 11:15 AM
I'll be sitting there with my Brady jersey on "Oh look at that!! What a perfect flip from Tom Brady. Amazing"

:rofl: @ Brady! I thought you were going to be wearing a Seahawks jersey and waving a Terrible Towel? What happened to that idea...(lol)? :wink:

BAC
02-05-2006, 11:19 AM

LMAO "Oh, thank you Mr. Brady, we Steelers are sooooo lucky to have you here." HAAAA!

The last time I checked, the best QB's & Coaches were in the Super Bowl.

bigbensgirl7
02-05-2006, 11:20 AM
I really can't believe this thread is this long...WHO CARES?? Brady is going to have to watch the game and remember...instead of being in it. Honestly, if I was Brady it would hurt more being on the field and having any involvment.
Guys, this is our time to shine....It is our 60 minutes (that includes the Seahawks too) I don't care about anything else!!!!!!!!! It's getting close to game time....that's where the focus should be!

WHO RIDE??? WE RIDE!!!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!!!

silver & black
02-05-2006, 12:52 PM
I know how you feel Steelers fans. No one hates the Patsies more than Raiders fans! What a crock of #@$%^***. It's like Tagliaboob just can't get enough of Tom Crybrady and the Patsies! Enough is enough, already! They aren't in the SB, get over it!

Livinginthe past
02-05-2006, 12:59 PM
I know you feel Steelers fans. No one hates the Patsies more than Raiders fans! What a crock of #@$%^***. It's like Tagliaboob just can't get enough of Tom Crybrady and the Patsies! Enough is enough, already! They aren't in the SB, get over it!

Luckily, Faider fans wont have to worry about Tom Brady flipping the coin in a SB they are participating in.

Tom will be long retired by the time that happens.

How did that unstoppable WR corps work out for you this past year, Faider fan?

LaMont Jordan for H.O.F.

NM

marksashton
02-05-2006, 01:05 PM
It this is true it is rediculous. Maybe Roger Staubbach or Bart Starr might be appropraite. Not Bradshaw for obvious reasons. And as a Browns fan, I'd rather see my mother naked than have it be Elway.

SalukiSteelers
02-05-2006, 01:05 PM
While I don't really care that Brady is doing the coin flip, I think it's kind of bunk that a city that has such a long tradition in the NFL like Detroit didn't get the opportunity to trot out some old-school Lion to toss the coin. You can't tell me that Barry wouldn't have been a more fitting choice to perform the duty. Oh well, the NFL loves Tom Brady and if they think it's a class move to have a current player from a different NFL city toss the coin, then so be it. I guess his connection to the city is found in his having played at Michigan though I'd imagine there are almost as many Spartans fans in the 'D.' I just hope the officials can get the damn thing right this time. No repeat of the Turkey Day fiasco.

silver & black
02-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Luckily, Faider fans wont have to worry about Tom Brady flipping the coin in a SB they are participating in.

Tom will be long retired by the time that happens.

How did that unstoppable WR corps work out for you this past year, Faider fan?

LaMont Jordan for H.O.F.

NM
I won't disrespect the rules of this forum by talking smack with you, here. Neither one of us should use this site to discuss our differences... we are both guests here, try and be respectful.

Atlanta Dan
02-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Ha Ha.

Atlanta Dan will forever be known (to me anyway) as Hipchest Jr.

That sounds so much like him its scary.

In case you didnt get my point - you can say what you want about Brady - but when you do it on the eve/ day of the SB the Steelers are appearing in it makes you look petty and, above all, OWNED.

Look at what Prosdo says and learn.

By the way - I forgive you.

NM

Thank you - I only vent because I care :)

CowherLover
02-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Who cares about the formalities! We as fans should give the Pats the respect they deserve for their accomplishments and be thankful that we're in the position we're in today PERIOD! They have been the champions and now is our time! Don't waste your time on this, you should be icing down your cooler of Iron City or getting all of your Steeler gear out for gameday! I view it as more of the passing of the torch myself also. Only good karma should be allowed!

Livinginthe past
02-05-2006, 02:35 PM
I won't disrespect the rules of this forum by talking smack with you, here. Neither one of us should use this site to discuss our differences... we are both guests here, try and be respectful.

Come on, you wont talk smack because you haven't got any.

Its like Browns fans trying to talk smack to Steeler fans.

By all means try bringing some in the Blast Furnace, ill keep an eager eye out for it.

NM

3 to be 4
02-05-2006, 02:37 PM
It this is true it is rediculous. Maybe Roger Staubbach or Bart Starr might be appropraite. Not Bradshaw for obvious reasons. And as a Browns fan, I'd rather see my mother naked than have it be Elway.

Im I the only one disturbed by this post?

then again, my mother is a pathological liar a screwball.

3 to be 4
02-05-2006, 02:40 PM
i wonder if the sensitivity towards Brady, Belichick, and all things Patriots is because even if the Steelers win, they never got that Patriot thing off their backs.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

TapOut64
02-05-2006, 02:46 PM
I have to laugh at the bitterness of the original post - just because the best QB in the NFL gets to flip the coin doesn't mean that his awesome star-power will over shadow the whole thing.

By the end of the 1st half people will probably have calmed down a little from seeing him - then we can concentrate on the guys out in the middle.

NM

If they were the best QB and coach in the NFL wouldn't they be playing today? Face reality, it may be a while before NE gets back to the Super Bowl.

3 to be 4
02-05-2006, 02:52 PM
If they were the best QB and coach in the NFL wouldn't they be playing today? Face reality, it may be a while before NE gets back to the Super Bowl.

what a stupid comment. is that how it works? every year, the best QB and coach get in the SB?? did Montana go every year?

Brady12
02-05-2006, 02:55 PM
:rofl: @ Brady! I thought you were going to be wearing a Seahawks jersey and waving a Terrible Towel? What happened to that idea...(lol)? :wink:

I decided it's best I don't buy a jersey for one game. If I wanted, I could tape an 8, and put HAsselbeck on it.

tony hipchest
02-05-2006, 03:00 PM
i wonder if the sensitivity towards Brady, Belichick, and all things Patriots is because even if the Steelers win, they never got that Patriot thing off their backs.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

if the steelers win they get a ring for the thumb. the steelers were the roadblock this year in the playoffs. patriots were just a speed bump. no smack just the fact.

beating the 1st, 3rd, and 4th seed en route to the sb just doesnt sound as good as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seed. personally i would have preferred beating the defensing champs in this sb run. it wouldve been the 3rd layer of the cake. hopefully the icing is being heaped on in about 7 hrs.

3 to be 4
02-05-2006, 03:04 PM
reasonable response. is that really you?? haha

I hope you get your icing in about 7 hours too. You guys deserve it and you've waited long enough.

Livinginthe past
02-05-2006, 03:55 PM
what a stupid comment. is that how it works? every year, the best QB and coach get in the SB?? did Montana go every year?

A majority of these new posters seem come out some incredibly stupid comments.

Makes you wonder if they ever watch any football.

NM

silver & black
02-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Come on, you wont talk smack because you haven't got any.

Its like Browns fans trying to talk smack to Steeler fans.

By all means try bringing some in the Blast Furnace, ill keep an eager eye out for it.

NM
You are more than welcome to bring it to my house, if you like. Rf.net. I wouldn't be seen on a patsy site.

I will not talk smack with other teams while I am a guest here. I probably will engage in a little friendly smack talk with my new found friends here, when we play each other, or my team comes up in the Blast Furnace.

Livinginthe past
02-05-2006, 04:38 PM
You are more than welcome to bring it to my house, if you like. Rf.net. I wouldn't be seen on a patsy site.

I will not talk smack with other teams while I am a guest here. I probably will engage in a little friendly smack talk with my new found friends here, when we play each other, or my team comes up in the Blast Furnace.

Hey thats fair enough I guess - im not used to Raider fans being so reasonable.

I had a short stay on raiderfans.net until I got banned before the season even started, horribly biased mods etc etc.

I may drop by Rf.net if the Raiders look like they have some sort of potential and may meet us in the playoffs this year.

NM

silver & black
02-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey thats fair enough I guess - im not used to Raider fans being so reasonable.

I had a short stay on raiderfans.net until I got banned before the season even started, horribly biased mods etc etc.

I may drop by Rf.net if the Raiders look like they have some sort of potential and may meet us in the playoffs this year.

NM
Some of the mods get a little carried away, I'll give you that, but it usually takes some doing, and a warning or two to get banned. What did you do? Did you use the same nick on RF.net?

Livinginthe past
02-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Some of the mods get a little carried away, I'll give you that, but it usually takes some doing, and a warning or two to get banned. What did you do? did you use the same nick on RF.net?

I had a different nic there - Patriots_Rule_All which wasn't the most subtle of id's I have to admit.

At Raiderfans.net I wanted to talk about the week1 game and the various match-ups.

Basically all I got for my time was a load of abuse, both personal and team related - which doesn't really bother me.

But when I responded in kind I was warned by the female mod there (I forget her name) ,who prides herself on being some sort of smack-queen, for being abusive and breaking the rules.

When I told her she wasn't moderating her own teams fans for the same thing she warned me, then banned me.

Too many of the mods there were willing to engage in smack talk - and then boot non-Raider fans for the same thing.

NM

3 to be 4
02-05-2006, 06:00 PM
sounds like McMillenandwife.com haha

silver & black
02-06-2006, 06:28 PM
I had a different nic there - Patriots_Rule_All which wasn't the most subtle of id's I have to admit.

At Raiderfans.net I wanted to talk about the week1 game and the various match-ups.

Basically all I got for my time was a load of abuse, both personal and team related - which doesn't really bother me.

But when I responded in kind I was warned by the female mod there (I forget her name) ,who prides herself on being some sort of smack-queen, for being abusive and breaking the rules.

When I told her she wasn't moderating her own teams fans for the same thing she warned me, then banned me.

Too many of the mods there were willing to engage in smack talk - and then boot non-Raider fans for the same thing.

NM
I see. The mod in question would be Kita Red, I think.

I tend to stay out of the mod's ways around there.. for the same reasons you mentioned. As much as I love the forum over there, I find the mods to be very biased in their "moderating".

There are quite a few bannings going on over there these days... I don't agree with many of them, but, what are ya gonna do? All I can think is... losing for three straight seasons takes it's toll. Raider fans are a bitter lot these days, and our bitterness seems to breed a lot of short fuses and malcontent... even amoung ourselve's.

Hopefully, we will start to turn things around next year. Stop in and try it again... there are quite a few very knowledgeable and intelligent people to talk with... just be a little respectful, and you will be more than welcome at RF.net.

burgh123
02-06-2006, 09:33 PM
It is a shame from what I read it was because there really wasnt any star power so let me enlighten you why the patriots really are sooooo loved and I dont want to sound unpatriotic remember 9/11 the patriot act and all well let me tell you something dynasty kiss my butt when you get four in the same decade call me write me I would hate for my team to be or to think its because we are at war that is really the reason why they are so loved but if it had been called the steel shield I bet 1000 to 1 you wouldnt be so noticed I dont like playing the political card but if you want to debate on this all I can say is the august sixth memo that went unchallenged.

burgh123
02-06-2006, 09:42 PM
It is a shame from what I read it was because there really wasnt any star power so let me enlighten you why the patriots really are sooooo loved and I dont want to sound unpatriotic remember 9/11 the patriot act and all well let me tell you something dynasty kiss my butt when you get four in the same decade call me write me I would hate for my team to be or to think its because we are at war that is really the reason why they are so loved but if it had been called the steel shield I bet 1000 to 1 you wouldnt be so noticed I dont like playing the political card but if you want to debate on this all I can say is the august sixth memo that went unchallenged. sorry I orginally wrote century which might be how long it takes you to get another remember you werent so good for quite a long time what 30 or so years bears 46 patriots 10 I think was the score

3 to be 4
02-06-2006, 09:50 PM
It is a shame from what I read it was because there really wasnt any star power so let me enlighten you why the patriots really are sooooo loved and I dont want to sound unpatriotic remember 9/11 the patriot act and all well let me tell you something dynasty kiss my butt when you get four in the same decade call me write me I would hate for my team to be or to think its because we are at war that is really the reason why they are so loved but if it had been called the steel shield I bet 1000 to 1 you wouldnt be so noticed I dont like playing the political card but if you want to debate on this all I can say is the august sixth memo that went unchallenged. sorry I orginally wrote century which might be how long it takes you to get another remember you werent so good for quite a long time what 30 or so years bears 46 patriots 10 I think was the score

too bad you posted THAT twice. Just makes you sound like twice the idiot.

the US Government made the Patriots have a dynasty because of 9/11???

You are a seeing a whole team of psychiatrists, arent you?

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 10:06 PM
It is a shame from what I read it was because there really wasnt any star power so let me enlighten you why the patriots really are sooooo loved and I dont want to sound unpatriotic remember 9/11 the patriot act and all well let me tell you something dynasty kiss my butt when you get four in the same decade call me write me I would hate for my team to be or to think its because we are at war that is really the reason why they are so loved but if it had been called the steel shield I bet 1000 to 1 you wouldnt be so noticed I dont like playing the political card but if you want to debate on this all I can say is the august sixth memo that went unchallenged. sorry I orginally wrote century which might be how long it takes you to get another remember you werent so good for quite a long time what 30 or so years bears 46 patriots 10 I think was the scoreI wasn't going to dignify this with a remark but this is just crazy talk and pretty offensive to those involved.

gostillerz
02-08-2006, 01:22 AM
It was a lousy coin toss. No spin.

Livinginthe past
02-08-2006, 02:46 PM

Let sentences and grammar be your friends.

Once we achieve that we can work on your 'eccentric' outlook on life.

NM

Stlrs4Life
02-08-2006, 02:53 PM
It didn't bother me one bit. Who cares really? I would have picked a local veteran to do the coin toss.

Livinginthe past
02-09-2006, 04:52 PM
I see. The mod in question would be Kita Red, I think.

I tend to stay out of the mod's ways around there.. for the same reasons you mentioned. As much as I love the forum over there, I find the mods to be very biased in their "moderating".

There are quite a few bannings going on over there these days... I don't agree with many of them, but, what are ya gonna do? All I can think is... losing for three straight seasons takes it's toll. Raider fans are a bitter lot these days, and our bitterness seems to breed a lot of short fuses and malcontent... even amoung ourselve's.

Hopefully, we will start to turn things around next year. Stop in and try it again... there are quite a few very knowledgeable and intelligent people to talk with... just be a little respectful, and you will be more than welcome at RF.net.

Aplogies for not getting back to you on this Silver.

My I.P is banned from RF.net so I wont be making any more appearances there - which is probably good for my blood pressure!

NM

silver & black
02-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Aplogies for not getting back to you on this Silver.

My I.P is banned from RF.net so I wont be making any more appearances there - which is probably good for my blood pressure!

NM
I understand. Right about now, Rf.net isn't good for my blood pressure either!

OX1947
02-09-2006, 05:11 PM
I didnt have the patience to read all 12 pages so I dont know if someone pointed this out already but, if the NFL was concerned so much, why have the two highest rated Super Bowls over the last ten years happen to have had the Steelers in it? And last time I checked, Big Ben is on covers, and BBQ bottles and on Letterman and on the Grammys. He may not be as boyishly cute as Brady but he is a good looking guy with the personality to carry himself as a good public person. Also, who would the public rather cheer for or watch, a deadstone mono-toned, anal rearhole like Belichek or a crazy, spitting, jaw elongating guy who actually shows that he enjoys the game.