PDA

View Full Version : Broncos place tenders on Marshall and Dumervil

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-03-2010, 04:07 PM
The Denver Broncos have placed tenders on two key restricted free agents. The team gave WR Brandon Marshall a first-round tender and LB Elvis Dumervil got a first- and third-round designation, reports NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi.

The difference is worth noting, because the Broncos didn’t use the highest-possible tender on Marshall as they did on Dumervil. The team could have put a first- and third-round tender on Marshall as well, which would have paid him $3.168 million for one year and required any team that attempted to sign him to an offer sheet to surrender those draft picks if the Broncos decided not to match the offer.

Instead, Marshall received the second-highest tender, which will pay him $2.521 million and would require any team that signed him to send their first-round pick to the Broncos.

As he has sought a new contract, Marshall’s rocky relationship with the Broncos has been well documented. The wideout, publicly feuding with management for an extension, was suspended for the end of the 2009 preseason. After going over 100 receptions for the third straight season, Marshall was then deactivated for the team’s regular-season finale against the Chiefs by coach Josh McDaniels with a playoff spot still a possibility.

Marshall’s contentious relationship with McDaniels has led many to speculate the receiver will ultimately be traded this offseason, and Wednesday’s designation may only fuel the fire.

Dumervil, like Marshall, made the Pro Bowl this season after leading the league with 17 sacks.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/03/broncos-place-first-round-tender-on-marshall/

Kind of interesting that they didn't place the highest tender on Marshall.

vrabinec
03-03-2010, 04:26 PM
If you were the Baltimore Ravens with the first round pick they have and this receiving class, would you make Marshall an offer? I think I would. He's instant offense for them, for the next five or six years. Who knows if Dez Bryant or Golden Tate ever even come close to being the type of player he is?

7willBheaven
03-03-2010, 05:26 PM
If any team has WR as a big need...i would try to sign or trade for him, why not. Unless you have much bigger needs, i'd say he'd be worth a first round pick.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-03-2010, 06:15 PM
If you were the Baltimore Ravens with the first round pick they have and this receiving class, would you make Marshall an offer? I think I would. He's instant offense for them, for the next five or six years. Who knows if Dez Bryant or Golden Tate ever even come close to being the type of player he is?

If I were the Ravens I definitly would make him an offer. You figure they are going to use their number one on a wide out anyway. Marshall, for a first, would be a hell of a lot safer than drafting a rookie with a number one.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-03-2010, 06:17 PM
McDaniels gave up this year's 1st round pick for Alphonso Smith.....In comparison, giving up a 1st round pick for Marshall is a no brainer.

Who is gonna do it?? Ravens, Cowboys, Redskins, Panthers, Chiefs???

Galax Steeler
03-04-2010, 04:49 AM
I have to agree with about 95% of you about the Ravens going after Marshall. He would be an instant upgrade and would help them in the passing game.

HometownGal
03-04-2010, 08:54 AM

Spot on. This is a golden opp for the Rats and I think a Flacco/Marshall tandem would be fierce. The only downside to him going to the Rats is that we'd have to cover him twice a year. :banging: :horror:

43Hitman
03-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Spot on. This is a golden opp for the Rats and I think a Flacco/Marshall tandem would be fierce. The only downside to him going to the Rats is that we'd have to cover him twice a year. :banging: :horror:

Exactly! Come on Cowboys you know you want him.

Nadroj 20
03-04-2010, 01:01 PM
McDaniels gave up this year's 1st round pick for Alphonso Smith.....In comparison, giving up a 1st round pick for Marshall is a no brainer.

Who is gonna do it?? Ravens, Cowboys, Redskins, Panthers, Chiefs???

Might wanna through the Dolphins in there i think they would like a WR.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Might wanna through the Dolphins in there i think they would like a WR.

I don't think Bill Parcells would give up his team's first rounder for Marshall.

Nadroj 20
03-04-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't think Bill Parcells would give up his team's first rounder for Marshall.

All im saying is they need a WR and i have heard them mentioned. Personally i think they should.

CantStop85
03-04-2010, 03:47 PM
The Bengals just cut Laveranues Coles...making room for Brandon Marshall? I hope so. :chicken:

43Hitman
03-04-2010, 09:29 PM
The Bengals just cut Laveranues Coles...making room for Brandon Marshall? I hope so. :chicken:

Yeah but there isn't a QB that can throw to Marshall in Cincy. :flap: