PDA

View Full Version : Steelers interview a few...

supa_fly_steeler
03-03-2010, 09:04 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans and the San Francisco 49ers were among the teams that hosted Virginia Tech's Jason Worilds for a formal Combine interview, according to an NFL source. Based on the scheme of the team that selects him, Worilds is another player who could play defensive end or linebacker at the next level.

Yea lets go Hokies

An NFL source told Scout.com that the Baltimore Ravens, Miami Dolphins, Indianapolis Colts, Detroit Lions, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills, Oakland Raiders, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers were among the teams who requested 15-minute formal interviews with defensive end Jermaine Cunningham while he was at the Combine. And the Florida Gator defender could be playing defensive end or linebacker in the upcoming months.

At 6-foot-3, 252 pounds, the three-year starter finished second on his team in sacks during his senior year, logged an impressive 64 tackles and 12 tackles for a loss. He really knows how to use his speed and his rip move off the edge to create problems for his opponent.

At the Combine, I asked him how he would respond if a team just point-blank asked him why they should use one of their draft picks on him.

"I'd just say that I've got a high motor, on every play I'm a competitor--I want to win every play that I play," he said.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/950816.html

Northside Jonny
03-03-2010, 09:13 PM
I would prefer Cunningham over Worilds.He(Cunningham) has much better closing speed and sheds blockers better. Both are projected 4th round,but hope we are getting Anthony Dixon RB that round he is also projected 4th. Whatever happens I hope they are productive.

supa_fly_steeler
03-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Worilds is faster and gets to the Quarterback faster. I don't know quite where you got that from but you need to stop with the Hokie Hate.

Northside Jonny
03-03-2010, 09:31 PM
"Dude it's vrabinec opionion". Supa_Fly_Steeler

1.Dude it just my opinion(check your spelling)! 10$
2.I can hate the piss poor Hokies if I want too! 15$
3.Watching you make an ass outta yourself! priceless.

supa_fly_steeler
03-03-2010, 09:39 PM
"Dude it's vrabinec opionion". Supa_Fly_Steeler

1.Dude it just my opinion(check your spelling)! 10$
2.I can hate the piss poor Hokies if I want too! 15$
3.Watching you make an ass outta yourself! priceless.

Your stating that Cunningham gets to the Quarterback faster when he simply doesn't theres visual and scientific evidence.

2. There not piss poor your obviously jealous and you think Worlids will steal the Steelers idea of picking him instead of Weatherspoon.

3. Im not going around repeatdley SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON this SPOOOOOOOOOOOON that maybe you liked to get spooned your self i don't know don't wanna.

Northside Jonny
03-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Your stating that Cunningham gets to the Quarterback faster when he simply doesn't theres visual and scientific evidence.

2. There not piss poor your obviously jealous and you think Worlids will steal the Steelers idea of picking him instead of Weatherspoon.

3. Im not going around repeatdley SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON this SPOOOOOOOOOOOON that maybe you liked to get spooned your self i don't know don't wanna.

Well Lets see your evidence Dr.Supa! Really do you think I take anything you write seriously? Just keep giving me something to make fun of I enjoy it very much Pal.

devilsdancefloor
03-03-2010, 10:23 PM
both of you i think like hearing yourself :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: Seriously get a grip or soon i would guess you wil know how the ban hammer feels.

Aussie_steeler
03-04-2010, 04:38 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans and the San Francisco 49ers were among the teams that hosted Virginia Tech's Jason Worilds for a formal Combine interview, according to an NFL source. Based on the scheme of the team that selects him, Worilds is another player who could play defensive end or linebacker at the next level.

Yea lets go Hokies

An NFL source told Scout.com that the Baltimore Ravens, Miami Dolphins, Indianapolis Colts, Detroit Lions, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills, Oakland Raiders, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers were among the teams who requested 15-minute formal interviews with defensive end Jermaine Cunningham while he was at the Combine. And the Florida Gator defender could be playing defensive end or linebacker in the upcoming months.

At 6-foot-3, 252 pounds, the three-year starter finished second on his team in sacks during his senior year, logged an impressive 64 tackles and 12 tackles for a loss. He really knows how to use his speed and his rip move off the edge to create problems for his opponent.

At the Combine, I asked him how he would respond if a team just point-blank asked him why they should use one of their draft picks on him.

"I'd just say that I've got a high motor, on every play I'm a competitor--I want to win every play that I play," he said.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/950816.html

This years draft will need to provide depth at Outside Linebacker. Whoever is targetted is not going to seriously get a chance to start for maybe y3ears. I am guessing Worilds has to be on the radar.

I dont know much about him except his has a pretty good ego. What are his coverage skills projected to be??

supa_fly_steeler
03-04-2010, 10:11 AM
zBzLNXDuTGA

g_9GX6yvZBA

He's very athletic.

Here another one of Worilds

yIQ1S1jyqQE

some big hits of his in here

APdbeO2sgkk

PittdaBurgh56
03-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Wow this board has become a joke now...

supa_fly_steeler
03-04-2010, 11:42 AM
This years draft will need to provide depth at Outside Linebacker. Whoever is targetted is not going to seriously get a chance to start for maybe y3ears. I am guessing Worilds has to be on the radar.

I dont know much about him except his has a pretty good ego. What are his coverage skills projected to be??

On not being biased as a defensive end he's a pretty good in coverage.

mulldog24
03-04-2010, 12:44 PM
I actually like both of these guys as prospects and think that they both could provide good depth and maybe some good special teams help.

taztroy43
03-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Jason Worilds would be a great pick up for us in the 4th if he's still there!!!!