PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers Provide Service So Fans Can Buy, Sell Seat Licenses

mesaSteeler
03-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers Provide Service So Fans Can Buy, Sell Seat Licenses
Pittsburgh Steelers Partner With STR Marketplace
http://www.wpxi.com/news/22732215/detail.html

Posted: 5:21 pm EST March 3,2010Updated: 6:37 pm EST March 3,2010
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers season tickets are hard to come by, but now, the team is giving season ticket holders a license to sell, so to speak.

VIDEO: Pittsburgh Steelers Provide Service So Fans Can Buy, Sell Seat Licenses

If you have some money to play with, say anywhere from $10,000 to $100,000, the Pittsburgh Steelers Seat License Marketplace could be your ticket into the games.

The Steelers began charging a personal seat license when Heinz Field opened. In order to buy season tickets, fans had to pay a fee from $250 to $2,700, depending on the location of the seat. The owner then has the right to purchase season tickets, and they can either will the license to family members or sell it.

Over the years, the licenses have been sold on eBay and other Web sites.

Now, the Steelers are getting into the game, allowing fans to buy and sell personal seat licenses online.

Fans can access the Pittsburgh Steelers Seat License Marketplace through the Pittsburgh Steelers Web site or by clicking here.

The Steelers said its a safe, secure and easy alternative for fans to sell or purchase seat licenses.

While the seller is charged a 10 percent transaction fee, the Steelers said this system eliminates any up front fees.

On the site Wednesday, Channel 11 found approximately 43 licenses for sale, ranging from $10,000 to $100,000.

Wow, thats a lot of money. I dont think Ill be doing that, said Steelers fan Roseanne Belli.

To keep up with the demands for the stadium and to keep up staffing in the stadiums and pay the players, coaches and staff, you have to give a little to take a little, said Steelers fan Ray Sadaka.

The seat license transfers are separate from the Steelers ticket exchange, which allows fans to purchase single game tickets from season ticket holders. That program is set up through Ticketmaster.

Copyright 2010 by WPXI.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Galax Steeler
03-04-2010, 05:10 AM
I don't guess I will be purchasing any seats any time soon.:chuckle:

HometownGal
03-04-2010, 08:38 AM
That is exactly why I gave up my season tix when HF was built.

As much as I love my Steelers and loved going to the games, that PSL money was put to better use. :thumbsup:

klick81
03-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Well, those are prices as they are sold by private sellers correct? How much are people paying for the licenses if purchased directly from the Steelers? And yes, I know about the decades of waiting required...