PDA

View Full Version : Drafttek Steelers Mock Draft

steelerdave1969
03-04-2010, 10:56 AM
These are the way that Drafttek.com says the Steelers upcoming draft will look like.. What ya think?

1. DT Dan Williams Tennessee
2. FS T.J. Ward Oregon
3. DB Kareem Jackson Alabama
4. OLB George Selvie S. Florida
5. ILB Darryl Shapton Miami, Fla
6. FB Richard Dickson LSU
7. TE Jeron Mastrud Kansas State

jdthree
03-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Curious as to your thinking on Williams in the 1st pick???? Do you believe that Casey doesn't make it though the season healthy????

steelerdave1969
03-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Curious as to your thinking on Williams in the 1st pick???? Do you believe that Casey doesn't make it though the season healthy????

This is from Drafttek.com... these are not my choices of who we should take. I love Casey myself and hope that he has very productive seasons left in him. But it wouldnt hurt to have a replacement for Big Snack ready when his time is up.

Northside Jonny
03-04-2010, 12:33 PM
I really hope we do pick up Kareem Jackson. In the 3rd he's a steal.

PhantomJB93
03-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I really REALLY am tired of seeing people predict us to take a DT first, its scaring me. I understand that theres a lot of depth there but thats EXACTLY why we should wait until a later round and get a CB/S/OT first.

7willBheaven
03-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I really REALLY am tired of seeing people predict us to take a DT first, its scaring me. I understand that theres a lot of depth there but thats EXACTLY why we should wait until a later round and get a CB/S/OT first.

Just because you may think its a bad move doesnt mean it is. You cannot predict if you will be able to land certain people in later rounds. So if a person is there that you want and will fill a current or near future need then you should take him instead of chancing another player be there later when they may not. I personally wouldnt mind if they picked up a NT in any of the first 3 rounds...but you just never know whos going to fall to where and if you'll have a chance to get a certain player or not.

jollyrob68
03-04-2010, 01:58 PM

Remember this! When Aaron Smith goes down,so does our playoffs. 1 and done & didn't make it. Aaron is no spring chicken and we need to get a quality DL that can rotate immediately with those guys. Jared Odrick would be a perfect fit or Dan Williams.

pancake
03-04-2010, 03:26 PM
These are the way that Drafttek.com says the Steelers upcoming draft will look like.. What ya think?

1. DT Dan Williams Tennessee
2. FS T.J. Ward Oregon
3. DB Kareem Jackson Alabama
4. OLB George Selvie S. Florida
5. ILB Darryl Shapton Miami, Fla
6. FB Richard Dickson LSU
7. TE Jeron Mastrud Kansas State

Replace Williams for that nasty OL from Idaho and that would look great to me.

vrabinec
03-04-2010, 03:32 PM
I like the Williams Jackson and Selvie picks, but mocks that go beyond two rounds at this point are b.s. because the compensatory picks haven't been assigned yet, so guys they list as being taken in the 5th and 6th probably won't be there because there will be an extra ten or twenty picks at the end of each round from the 3rd on. There are about ten players that are on our radar that I like, and only a couple I don't. Williams is one of the ones I like. Strange year. Usually I dislike about 80% of the guys on our radar. Guess it's a good draft class (plus we're drafting earlier than we usually do)

jollyrob68
03-04-2010, 03:48 PM
The newest mock from Draftspot has us getting McClain & Ghee. I'd like that and if we get another rd1 or 2 & 4 for Colon that would be sweet. The Steelers need to Shop Colon for a 2nd & 4th or 2nd & a player. Perhaps New England would give up a 2nd & Lawrence Maroney(he's in the dog house).

vrabinec
03-04-2010, 03:58 PM
The newest mock from Draftspot has us getting McClain & Ghee. I'd like that and if we get another rd1 or 2 & 4 for Colon that would be sweet. The Steelers need to Shop Colon for a 2nd & 4th or 2nd & a player. Perhaps New England would give up a 2nd & Lawrence Maroney(he's in the dog house).

I'd do cartwheels if we got McClain.

steelerdave1969
03-04-2010, 04:43 PM

Jollyrob... If we get those 2 players I would run around the neighborhood ... well... you know.. McClain would be an awesome choice for us. I am starting to like Weatherspoon as well for an Inside replacement for Farrior.