PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cook, CB, Virginia

taztroy43
03-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Hello all...

what about the possibility of taking this guy in the 2nd round..... Chris Cook, CB, Virginia 6'2" 212lbs 4.46 official 40 time....the more and more I look @ this guy he reminds me of CB Asomugha of the Radiers...same size and characteristics...but I really haven't watched a lot of tape on this guy....He's been getting a lot of praise by Mayock and a few other people(scouts)....I know he's shooting up draft boards but I was wondering if anyone would be opposed of drafting this guy in the 2nd round????

http://www.thesabre.com/edge/images/2009/football/wm_cook001b.jpg

pancake
03-04-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't much about him, but if he can cover then draft him...

jollyrob68
03-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I like him he likes to play physical and we could get him in the 3rd.

vrabinec
03-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Cook was impressive at the combine in the 40 and some of the drills, but he had issues in coverage at UVA. From what I remember, he did okay on the deep balls like the sideline passes and post patterns, but he's pretty tall and had problems shadowing smaller quicker guys. I think he'll be limited to who you can match him up with. Definitely plays the run well.

supa_fly_steeler
03-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Id love to have Cook. But didn't he only have 2 combine bench reps?

He also 6ft 2 so he can leap with the big guys

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-04-2010, 05:40 PM
He looked good at the Senior Bowl too. I think he is another big corner that covers very well. I would not be opposed to drafting him in the 2nd, but also think Haden, Wilson, Robinson, McCourty and Cox may rank ahead of him.

taztroy43
03-04-2010, 08:41 PM
He looked good at the Senior Bowl too. I think he is another big corner that covers very well. I would not be opposed to drafting him in the 2nd, but also think Haden, Wilson, Robinson, McCourty and Cox may rank ahead of him.

Of Course but I believe that most of the guys that you have listed will probably be gone by the time we pick with our 2nd round pick!!!.....

supa_fly_steeler
03-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I see Cook like Sean Smith.

taztroy43
03-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Id love to have Cook. But didn't he only have 2 combine bench reps?

He also 6ft 2 so he can leap with the big guys

These were his combine results......4.46 40 time, 38" vertical, 11 foot broad jump, 7 bench reps of 225lbs(which is not that bad @ all)....I don't know what he got on the 3 cone drill....ill look it up....

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00dJdbr7fOf7m/x250.jpg

taztroy43
03-04-2010, 08:55 PM
I see Cook like Sean Smith.

Yeah I see that in him as well but Sean Smith was is huge 6'4" and Smith to me is more athletic than Cook.....I wanted us to draft Smith in the second but Ohhh Well!!!!! He's looked good for the Dolphins last year!!!.....

supa_fly_steeler
03-04-2010, 08:56 PM
That's pretty good he always played well against the Hokies. Id like him second or later.

supa_fly_steeler
03-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah I see that in him as well but Sean Smith was is huge 6'4" and Smith to me is more athletic than Cook.....I wanted us to draft Smith in the second but Ohhh Well!!!!! He's looked good for the Dolphins last year!!!.....

i wanted sean smith as well...

i also wanted ladarius webb wtf and he had to go to the ravens..... :banging:

I did want Burnett tho at least that happened...

This year Cook must happened. He can cook some good shit up in the secondary that can fix our problems :tt03:

taztroy43
03-04-2010, 09:02 PM
i wanted sean smith as well...

i also wanted ladarius webb wtf and he had to go to the ravens..... :banging:

I did want Burnett tho at least that happened...

This year Cook must happened. He can cook some good shit up in the secondary that can fix our problems :tt03:

:rofl: yeah he probably would cook some shit up if the Steelers were to draft him...but the Stupid Gayders might draft him in the 2nd...you know how much of a retard Al Davis is!!!! as for Webb, he would of been a nice pick up as well but didn't he get injured last season???

supa_fly_steeler
03-04-2010, 09:05 PM
:rofl: yeah he probably would cook some shit up if the Steelers were to draft him...but the Stupid Gayders might draft him in the 2nd...you know how much of a retard Al Davis is!!!! as for Webb, he would of been a nice pick up as well but didn't he get injured last season???

I want to kill Al Davis, sometimes he mucks the draft up so someone i wanted might be moved up 2 spots because of that stupid idiot.

Yea Webb got injured but played well when called.

I never normally want a Cavaliar as a Steeler but this guy can be a dime for us. After hopefully drafting a safety in the first and Cook in the second burnett, safety, cook and Polamalu in the back with gay and lewis in nickles ect is a cool fit

taztroy43
03-04-2010, 09:06 PM
That's pretty good he always played well against the Hokies. Id like him second or later.

Same here I hope he's there by the time we pick in the second....that would open up the possibility of drafting a S, LB, OL or even a DL in the first...wether it be Thomas, Mays(although a lot of people would disagree with me there), ILB McClain, OLB/ILB Spoon, LT Bulaga, LT/RT Campbell, NT Williams, any of those guys would most likely contribute early next year for us...but lets see what happens...I didn't mention any CB because if we were to pick up Cook in the 2nd round, then there is no reason to draft one in the first........

supa_fly_steeler
03-04-2010, 09:16 PM
If we got Thomas or McClain in the first round i would havea heartattack.