PDA

View Full Version : Mike Iupati (Idaho)

pancake
03-04-2010, 03:33 PM
I know an OL is not a sexy pick, but I think this guy could play OT in a year or two. He is a major road grader. If he could play RT and move Colon to guard. I think our running game would explode... Just my thought and their are good FS in the second round.

Anyone else like this guy?

jollyrob68
03-04-2010, 03:37 PM
I like Iupati but he might not be there after getting so much love from the experts. I just looked at a mock from Draft spot and they now have McClain falling to The Steelers. I think Mike Tomlin would dance a jig if McClain was there. They also had us get Brandon Ghee in the second. I like the pick but would move up to get Pouncey or take Jared Veldheer in the second.
I hope we get another 1st rounder for Willie Colon or a 2nd & 4th or 2nd & a player. The Steelers need to shop him around.

vrabinec
03-04-2010, 03:55 PM
I like him, but not as a tackle. I didn't get to see any of his games this year (they don't televise Idaho games here in Maryland), but he looked like he has issues trying to slide back and fort in the pass blocking simulation at the combine, plus he looked like his arms were too short to be an OT. But he was very impressive turning the corner and coming straight out of his stance. Don't know if that makes him good or not, but the raved about him at the Senior Bowl.

pete74
03-04-2010, 04:48 PM
i love him. i think he will be a beast of a gaurd and mendenhall will be running behind him for years. i also like how he can move to tackel if need be

steelerdave1969
03-04-2010, 04:52 PM
I know an OL is not a sexy pick, but I think this guy could play OT in a year or two. He is a major road grader. If he could play RT and move Colon to guard. I think our running game would explode... Just my thought and their are good FS in the second round.

Anyone else like this guy?

I love the guy, but he struggled a little bit at the Senior Bowl. I think you stick him at One Position, I think RG and let him get some experience and in a few years as he grows and matures then work him in at OT if you still feel he can do the job.

GBMelBlount
03-04-2010, 04:58 PM
I would be ecstatic if we picked him!

I won't be holding my breath though...

vrabinec
03-04-2010, 05:05 PM
I would be ecstatic if we picked him!

I won't be holding my breath though...

You think we'll skip over the line again? I think so too. Just a hunch. Second round at the earliest is my guess, and probably not until the third again. I just think what Tomlin saw at the end of the year out of our defense freaked him out (like it did me) and he's gonna shore up the defense before getting back to tweeking the offense again.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-04-2010, 05:47 PM
I really think he is a bit of a reach at #18. He cant play LT, he might be able to play RT but should be a pro bowl type OG. He played against lesser competition in Idaho and really struggled in the Senior Bowl game with Geno Atkins and Dan Williams.

I know a lot of people are very high on him, but given that the running the ball is not that big of a focus for the Steelers offense, I dont know if it makes sense to pick him at #18. Here is a link to some of his play in the Humanitarian Bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhFMZROcNZ8

supa_fly_steeler
03-04-2010, 06:34 PM
I think we need safety lol Ryan Clarks agent.

How about Ed Wang?