PDA

View Full Version : CB Cromartie for 3rd round pick????

taztroy43
03-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Why did the chargers trade him to the jets for a 3rd round pick??? The Steelers in my opinion should of jumped on that!!!! They would only of gave up a 3rd round pick!!!! That scenario would of opened up the Steelers draft big time....they wouldn't need to draft a CB high or even draft one period if they would of acquired Cromartie!!!! We missed out IMO!!!!!!! The guy is a probowler and a former 1st round 19th pick...he did have a down year last year but still a 3rd rounder for him....C'mon that's a good bargain! but he does have a big contract so IDK.....

jonslow
03-04-2010, 11:46 PM
The Steelers front office made it clear earlier this offseason that they intend to go about this coming year as if there were a salary cap in place. That being said, the Steelers have never been known to trade for/sign big-contract players. Cromartie is making far more than the Steelers would have to pay a first or second-round corner. It would have been nice to give up a third for him, but it's just not our style, and I won't complain. Colbert knows what he's doing.

7willBheaven
03-04-2010, 11:49 PM
I dont think we'll miss out one bit on this. His play has slacked some...and i remember somewhere about some baby momma drama off the field that he has like 10 kids to 10 different women...i dunno haha. But yeah no biggie. Also that 2011 3rd rounder can turn into a 2nd rounder based on playing time/etc...just an fyi

fansince'76
03-05-2010, 12:22 AM
We "missed out on" a wuss who whiffs on tackles because he's allergic to contact.

Na4cE3m2Gwo

Adjust your skirt there, Antonio - your slip's showing. :sissies:

taztroy43
03-05-2010, 01:42 AM
We "missed out on" a wuss who whiffs on tackles because he's allergic to contact.

Na4cE3m2Gwo

Cromartie was never known for being a tackler....he was actually very critized for that....He's a Deion Sanders because he's excellent in coverage but horrible when it comes to even attempting to tackle....sure he had a down year last year....but he is a probowler!!!! Hey if he can cover WR better than the guys on our team(which he probably can) and get INT's I would let his poor(and I'm using poor lightly:chuckle:) tackling ability not be that much of an issue....we already have guys in our team that can't tackle(like Gay...sorry Supa I know you like the guy a lot :wink02:)....

Here are some highlights of his abilities....but were all forgetting here...he went for a 3rd round pick...not a 1st or a 2nd....a 3rd....I would rather have a Cromartie(even though he can't tackle for shit) than a guy like Kraig Urbik at this point......I think Urbik was a waste of a pick(I mean an undrafted rookie(Ramon Foster) took him out, thats pretty embarrasing n sad!!!)......

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M6HyFuoGQQo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M6HyFuoGQQo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

]

taztroy43
03-05-2010, 01:43 AM
I dont think we'll miss out one bit on this. His play has slacked some...and i remember somewhere about some baby momma drama off the field that he has like 10 kids to 10 different women...i dunno haha. But yeah no biggie. Also that 2011 3rd rounder can turn into a 2nd rounder based on playing time/etc...just an fyi

Can you elaborate more on this please....I don't get it...:noidea:....what do you mean???

I think the highest compensatory pick is a 3rd rounder not a second if thats what you mean!.....

taztroy43
03-05-2010, 01:51 AM
"a wuss who whiffs on tackles because he's allergic to contact."

You should go tell that to Deion Sanders!!! :applaudit:....How did that guy turn out???:tap: pretty good if you ask me or just about anybody! But I'm not saying Cromartie is a Deion @ all but I think he would of been worth a 3rd rounder...but he does have a big ass contract so I guess it wouldn't of been wise......But hey who cares the guy is with the Jets so who gives a :poop:!!!!!!!!!!!!

Galax Steeler
03-05-2010, 04:40 AM
No big loss in my book Colbert has a plan for what he is going to do on the corner position. If I had to guess it will be through the draft.

pete74
03-05-2010, 05:52 AM
the jets are going to be an even tougher team to throw against this year, if sanchez learns to throw they will be a very tough team to beat this year

pete74
03-05-2010, 06:54 AM
i just read that cromartie is 25 and has 7 kids to 5 different women. now thats a real winner. im glad we didnt sign that lowlife now

Texasteel
03-05-2010, 07:10 AM

Na4cE3m2Gwo

I don't know his number. Was he the one that stopped to keep from making contact, or the one that got his ass ran over. If was the 1st one, he did look a lot like Sanders.

supa_fly_steeler
03-05-2010, 07:59 AM
i just read that cromartie is 25 and has 7 kids to 5 different women. now thats a real winner. im glad we didnt sign that lowlife now

Lol.

No thank's he tackles like a wuss and gets burned on the pass game.

he was a 1 trick pony.

supa_fly_steeler
03-05-2010, 08:01 AM
I don't know his number. Was he the one that stopped to keep from making contact, or the one that got his ass ran over. If was the 1st one, he did look a lot like Sanders.

He was the one that didn't attempt the tackle and when greene was celebrating in the endzone he gave a dirty cheap shot.

HometownGal
03-05-2010, 08:07 AM

He's a dickie dunker on top of being a fat head and I'm with you - NO THANKS.

fansince'76
03-05-2010, 08:52 AM
....sure he had a down year last year....but he is a probowler!!!!]

Michael Vick was a Pro Bowler once too. I simply don't have any respect for defensive players who refuse to tackle - I never had any for Deion Sanders either. Hell, people were ready to run Jeff Reed out of town on a rail over his half-assed attempts at tackling, but yet we should pick up a player whose job description actually includes tackling and makes about as much effort as Reed to do so? Sorry, I don't think it's any great loss.

fansince'76
03-05-2010, 08:57 AM

He's the wuss wearing #31 - the one who stops short of the ball carrier and simply watches him run past.

FacemeIke
03-05-2010, 09:02 AM
the jets are going to be an even tougher team to throw against this year, if sanchez learns to throw they will be a very tough team to beat this year

That was my first thought too! The Jets are going to be very tough.

supa_fly_steeler
03-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Michael Vick was a Pro Bowler once too. I simply don't have any respect for defensive players who refuse to tackle - I never had any for Deion Sanders either. Hell, people were ready to run Jeff Reed out of town on a rail over his half-assed attempts at tackling, but yet we should pick up a player whose job description actually includes tackling and makes about as much effort as Reed to do so? Sorry, I don't think it's any great loss.

Do you remember isn't he the one that said Ryan Clarks hit was dirty and when Ryan confronted him at the media day he sucked up to his ass and said he got put in the ice cream truck lol

Northside Jonny
03-05-2010, 10:10 AM

I'm sorry but this is a poor take . Who cares about how many kids the guy has to how many different woman. At least he has the money to pay for them, I just wouldn't want to deal with all those babies mommas. It's not like because he has so many kid makes him a bad player. Evander Holyfield has 11 by 9 different woman last time I checked he was still one of the best Heavyweights of all time!

supa_fly_steeler
03-05-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm sorry but this is a poor take . Who cares about how many kids the guy has to how many different woman. At least he has the money to pay for them, I just wouldn't want to deal with all those babies mommas. It's not like because he has so many kid makes him a bad player. Evander Holyfield has 11 by 9 different woman last time I checked he was still one of the best Heavyweights of all time!

No it's not a poor take. It could have an effect growing up. They won't be married and the kid will never know what a true marriage is instead of growing up with a mum and dad he has to see one very often and not very often. And it could have its psychological effects.

taztroy43
03-05-2010, 10:21 AM

I understand where ur coming from! When Gay was trucked by AP....I didn't like that one bit!!!! But look for a 3rd rounder I believe that he was a really good bargain to.the jets for only a 3rd rounder!!!! But again he did have a big ass contract and that's probably why a lot of teams didn't jump on it! Honeslty.do.u really think the Jets passing D isn't upgraded with the addition of Cromartie?....I know he's a big ass liability in the running game....ill give u that n that's why the chargers practically gave his ass away for a 3rd round pick!

taztroy43
03-05-2010, 10:39 AM
No big loss in my book Colbert has a plan for what he is going to do on the corner position. If I had to guess it will be through the draft.

You're absolutely right! I think they will take a CB in the 1st or 2nd round....If haden falls(which mostlikely won't happen) then draft him but if they go after Wilson then they should trade down n get some extra picks! But I would perfer them to draft CB Chris Cook out of Virginia in the 2nd round.....what do u think???

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Crowmartie will become the FS or #3 CB for the Jets. As a FS he will not have to support run game, but rather patrol center field and let Jim Leonard support the run. The Jets just got younger and faster in the secondary as opposed to Kerry Rhodes.

7willBheaven
03-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Can you elaborate more on this please....I don't get it...:noidea:....what do you mean???

I think the highest compensatory pick is a 3rd rounder not a second if thats what you mean!.....

Its not a comp pick...comp picks are picks awarded to teams by the NFL when a team loses a player via free agency based on their playing time/etc with their new team..comp picks cannot be traded either. SD would not get ANY comp picks for Cro based on he was not a FA that signed elsewhere.

The Jets traded their ACTUAL 2011 3rd round pick...which depending on Cro's performance can turn into a 2nd rounder. For example...things like starting all 16 reg season games...having so many tackles or INT's...etc (these are not exacts of the deal..just examples)...can turn it into the Chargers getting the Jets 2nd round pick in 2011 and not their 3rd. A lot of teams do these type of trades...where they are willing to give up either said pick...but if the player dont perform as they'd like they dont have to give up the higher pick.

Heres a quote from NFL.com also..

"NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reported the trade, and the Jets later confirmed the deal to The Associated Press but didn't release specifics. According to La Canfora, the Chargers will receive at least a third-round selection in 2011, and it could become a second-round pick, depending on Cromartie's performance."

Hope that clears it up.

Northside Jonny
03-05-2010, 06:24 PM
No it's not a poor take. It could have an effect growing up. They won't be married and the kid will never know what a true marriage is instead of growing up with a mum and dad he has to see one very often and not very often. And it could have its psychological effects.

I was not talking about the kids. I was talking about Cromartie himself at least he can afford to care for all those kids.

taztroy43
03-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Its not a comp pick...comp picks are picks awarded to teams by the NFL when a team loses a player via free agency based on their playing time/etc with their new team..comp picks cannot be traded either. SD would not get ANY comp picks for Cro based on he was not a FA that signed elsewhere.

The Jets traded their ACTUAL 2011 3rd round pick...which depending on Cro's performance can turn into a 2nd rounder. For example...things like starting all 16 reg season games...having so many tackles or INT's...etc (these are not exacts of the deal..just examples)...can turn it into the Chargers getting the Jets 2nd round pick in 2011 and not their 3rd. A lot of teams do these type of trades...where they are willing to give up either said pick...but if the player dont perform as they'd like they dont have to give up the higher pick.

Heres a quote from NFL.com also..

"NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reported the trade, and the Jets later confirmed the deal to The Associated Press but didn't release specifics. According to La Canfora, the Chargers will receive at least a third-round selection in 2011, and it could become a second-round pick, depending on Cromartie's performance."

Hope that clears it up.

Lol ur right it was a trade idk what I was thinking!!!! Well anyways thanks for that....so I guess after all he wouldn't be worth it!!!

Chidi29
03-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Cromartie would be a horrible fit for us. Our corners don't have to be the biggest playmakers, when was the last time we had one, but they have to be willing and good tacklers. That's what allows us to give the cushion that we do.

Merchant
03-06-2010, 12:28 AM
We don't need that scum bag on our team.. 7 kids with 5 different women at age 25 at that is disgusting..

and Supa_Fly why on earth do u have william gay of all people in your sig LOL

SteelerNation12
03-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Cromartie is an idiot literally. He will take forever to pick up that defense and isn't a team player. I can't wait to see Rex Ryan lay into him over his antics.