PDA

View Full Version : Potential FA signing

PittdaBurgh56
03-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Marlin Jackson CB
Steelers are looking to sign him to their roster...hes from sharon pa so probably wants to join his hometown team.

vrabinec
03-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Where did you hear they are looking to sign him?

PittdaBurgh56
03-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Also is said to be interested in signing Leigh Bodden CB

PittdaBurgh56
03-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Where did you hear they are looking to sign him?

ESPN's Adam Schefter

KFFL NFl News

Northside Jonny
03-05-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm not against signing either of these guys to come in and compete for the starting spot. I've always thought Bodden was a pretty good player

BKAnthem
03-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Both are better than Gay...I don't know what happened to that dude....hes was playing loose and free his rookie year....flopped as a starter...

+NuBbS+
03-05-2010, 10:30 AM
i'd take either one of them with a rotation of burnett or lewis. it would give our secondary some hope. any news about potential FS's since clark is gone?? or are we gonna throw up a hail mary on a safety in the draft lol

supa_fly_steeler
03-05-2010, 10:33 AM
There both horrible in coverage imo... Jackson gets burned and Bodden no thanks he got his his stats padded against Sanchez.

He played for the Lions and the Browns he sucks.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-05-2010, 10:38 AM
There both horrible in coverage imo... Jackson gets burned and Bodden no thanks he got his his stats padded against Sanchez.

He played for the Lions and the Browns he sucks.

Please stop with the insanity. Bodden has 12 INT's in the past 3 seasons and anybody that remembers him with the Browns knows that he has solid cover skills........much better than William Gay.

Both are better than Gay, but Jackson is a RFA, so I dont see that the steelers will ever give up a pick for him when they could just sign an UFA like Bodden instead. This rumor is just smoke.

Texasteel
03-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Please stop with the insanity. Bidden has 12 Ont's in the past 3 seasons and anybody that remembers him with the Browns knows that he has solid cover skills........much better than William Gay.

Both are better than Gay, but Jackson is a RAF, so I dint see that the steelers will ever give up a pick for him when they could just sign an UFA like Bidden instead. This rumor is just smoke.

Would you think that if we do sign Bidden, along with our young CBs, that it would take the CB position off the Steelers draft board.

PittdaBurgh56
03-05-2010, 11:44 AM
NFL | Clark receiving interest

Brad Biggs, of the National Football Post, reports unrestricted free-agent FS Ryan Clark (Steelers) is receiving interest from six teams, including the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to his agent.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0hJyiFqfx

I guess we are still trying to sign him

supa_fly_steeler
03-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Please stop with the insanity. Bodden has 12 INT's in the past 3 seasons and anybody that remembers him with the Browns knows that he has solid cover skills........much better than William Gay.

Both are better than Gay, but Jackson is a RFA, so I dont see that the steelers will ever give up a pick for him when they could just sign an UFA like Bodden instead. This rumor is just smoke.

Yea five of them came from this season when sanchez gift wrapped them for christmas.... 3 interceptions to him and that was when sanchez hit the rookie wall... He got burned in Detroit in 2008. He will get burned here lol Look back over his gamelogs his interceptions came against poor teams like Cincinnati Kitna, St Louis, the browns. After those he's never been impressive.

7willBheaven
03-05-2010, 12:52 PM

Actually the Colts didnt tender M Jackson so he is a UFA

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-colts-freeagency&prov=ap&type=lgns

Like the 4th paragraph down.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Yea five of them came from this season when sanchez gift wrapped them for christmas.... 3 interceptions to him and that was when sanchez hit the rookie wall... He got burned in Detroit in 2008. He will get burned here lol Look back over his gamelogs his interceptions came against poor teams like Cincinnati Kitna, St Louis, the browns. After those he's never been impressive.

Detroit had no pass rush and with no pass rush any CB will get burned.

NFL GM's have a choice. Sign William Gay for $1.5million a year and give up a 5th round pick..........or pay 3x as much to sign Leigh Bodden as a UFA. You will probably see Bodden taken over Gay, because he is much better than Gay.

The only reason that you dont see Leigh Bodden as an upgrade to the Steelers secondary over Gay, is because you have been pimping Gay for the past year.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Actually the Colts didnt tender M Jackson so he is a UFA

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-colts-freeagency&prov=ap&type=lgns

Like the 4th paragraph down.

Thanks. Then there may be some legit smoke there....although I think somebody will outbid us for Jackson. I think either of those guys helps our secondary out and makes it better.

tony hipchest
03-05-2010, 01:03 PM
i was wondering if fred smoot would be an upgrade over townsend. probably come for the same price and he couldnt have lost more of a step than him.

Yea five of them came from this season when sanchez gift wrapped them for christmas.... 3 interceptions to him and that was when sanchez hit the rookie wall... He got burned in Detroit in 2008. He will get burned here lol Look back over his gamelogs his interceptions came against poor teams like Cincinnati Kitna, St Louis, the browns. After those he's never been impressive. i looked at game logs to compare gays interceptions and he didnt have any. :hunch:

Nadroj 20
03-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Steelers have shown interest in Chestor Taylor which i saw HERE (http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2010m3d5-Pittsburgh-Steelers-freeagency-digest-Chester-Taylor-being-eyed-Clark-not-resigned)

Probably just a rumor but hey its something to discuss :chuckle:

MDSteel15
03-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Chester Taylor is supposedly at Chicago camp talking with the Bears!

supa_fly_steeler
03-05-2010, 01:24 PM
i was wondering if fred smoot would be an upgrade over townsend. probably come for the same price and he couldnt have lost more of a step than him.

i looked at game logs to compare gays interceptions and he didnt have any. :hunch:

Well i can't talk on that but i just want a ballhawker to compliment Troy. We can't keep having these 10 interceptions a year with the most by Troy. We could seal games with interceptions which we arn't doing.

Northside Jonny
03-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Well i can't talk on that but i just want a ballhawker to compliment Troy. We can't keep having these 10 interceptions a year with the most by Troy. We could seal games with interceptions which we arn't doing.

I wonder who this is in reference to Supa? LOL

jollyrob68
03-05-2010, 01:56 PM
I hope they bring in both and I hope we sign Will Allen.

Northside Jonny
03-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Leigh Bodden was always one of the best players the Browns had when he was there. He had a solid season with the Patsies last year I would really like to see him in Da Burgh.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Leigh Bodden was always one of the best players the Browns had when he was there. He had a solid season with the Patsies last year I would really like to see him in Da Burgh.

But he's not a ball hawker like William Gay. :rofl: Check the gamelogs.

supa_fly_steeler
03-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I wonder who this is in reference to Supa? LOL

kyle wilson, chris cook, joe burnett.

jollyrob68
03-05-2010, 04:39 PM
kyle wilson, chris cook, joe burnett.

I like Chris Cook.

Galax Steeler
03-05-2010, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Bodden he would have to be an upgrade compared to what we have. I am so tired of seeing our corners get burnt.

Chidi29
03-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Didn't Jackson tear his ACL?