PDA

View Full Version : According to KFFL, we're talking to Arnaz Battle and Ryan Clark

vrabinec
03-05-2010, 12:01 PM
I'd rather have Clark

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#630888

RoethlisBURGHer
03-05-2010, 12:05 PM
I think in the end Clark will be back with the Steelers. He wants to retire here, we want to keep him. He's a very good FS, and when he's got Troy next to him it shows. Hell, Polamalu made Tyrone Carter look good in the Denver game, and we all know Clark is better than Carter.

steelreserve
03-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Arnaz Battle? Didn't see that one coming. It's probably nothing, though. Unless it means Sweed has completely lost his marbles and isn't coming back.

tony hipchest
03-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Arnaz Battle? Didn't see that one coming. It's probably nothing, though. Unless it means Sweed has completely lost his marbles and isn't coming back.i guess cedric willson or brandon lloyd werent available. :noidea:

if we could get el or coles for the same price, id just as soon go with them.

battle 30 yrs old. 6'1" 208 lbs. (i think sweed could beat him out).

Steelers>NFL
03-05-2010, 01:01 PM
i guess cedric willson or brandon lloyd werent available. :noidea:

Sweed could not beat his own shadow. Let alone Battle or anyone for that matter.

Stlrs4Life
03-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Arnaz Battle? Didn't see that one coming. It's probably nothing, though. Unless it means Sweed has completely lost his marbles and isn't coming back.

Dude is 30 and has 178 career catches. Hasn't started a game since 2007

steelreserve
03-05-2010, 01:34 PM
(i think sweed could beat him out).

After what happened at the end of last year, nothing would surprise me with Sweed. He might have completely lost his shit and be out of the league, for all I know.

pete74
03-05-2010, 01:37 PM
sweed was a waste of a 2nd round pick. it just goes to show that alot of players are not what they seem. most of us were happy as hell when we picked sweed in the 2nd. we thought we finally had that big target for ben and he did very well in college. anyway he is working on becoming a full fledged bust if something dosnt change this year

memphissteelergirl
03-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I think in the end Clark will be back with the Steelers. He wants to retire here, we want to keep him.

Hope you're right about that.

SteelerFanInStl
03-05-2010, 02:35 PM

Brandon Lloyd is available. :chuckle:

I'm not real high on Battle. Personally I'd rather see a young guy in there battling for the #4 WR spot if Sweed is done.

St33lersguy
03-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Arnaz Battle? Shouldn't we target a position of need 1st?

Prok
03-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Arnaz Battle? Shouldn't we target a position of need 1st?

4th WR is our most affordable position of need. :chuckle:

Chidi29
03-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Battle did some punt return work, didn't he? Logan was much better in kick returns and it got to a point where Holmes came in as the PR every now and again. It also seems like the team didn't completely trust him when backed up towrads our own end zone. Moore was usually back there in those instances.

Carolina Steelers
03-05-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm not real high on Battle. Personally I'd rather see a young guy in there battling for the #4 WR spot if Sweed is done.[/QUOTE]

Me too I want a younger guy in there. We tried Galloway at the end of the yr and nothing from him

Psyychoward86
03-05-2010, 06:39 PM

cedric was unproductive and was an off the field problem. We dont want him back.

Psyychoward86
03-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Battle did some punt return work, didn't he? Logan was much better in kick returns and it got to a point where Holmes came in as the PR every now and again. It also seems like the team didn't completely trust him when backed up towrads our own end zone. Moore was usually back there in those instances.

looking strictly at stats, Arnaz did a little bit of return work and SUCKED at it: http://www.nfl.com/players/arnazbattle/careerstats?id=BAT409475