PDA

View Full Version : There's a Very Good Chance Rolando McClain Falls to 18

nfldraft2010
03-05-2010, 01:07 PM
The more you think about, the more likely it seems that he has a chance to slip a little bit on draft day. If it were to happen, he would be a great fit next to Timmons as the heir apparent to Farrior. If he's gone, Kyle Wilson, Carlos Dunlap, Earl Thomas, Bruce Campbell or Mike Iupati might also be options at 18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgxQkz6qfec

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-05-2010, 01:11 PM
And there is also a very good chance that Tiger Woods was just "friends" with all those women. :headshake:

pancake
03-05-2010, 02:23 PM
The more you think about, the more likely it seems that he has a chance to slip a little bit on draft day. If it were to happen, he would be a great fit next to Timmons as the heir apparent to Farrior. If he's gone, Kyle Wilson, Carlos Dunlap, Earl Thomas, Bruce Campbell or Mike Iupati might also be options at 18.

Dunlap, I don't think fits our system and he takes plays off. Campbell is a workout warrior, that doesn't translate to the field.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-05-2010, 02:33 PM

No way McClain makes it past Denver, Miami, and New York. The rest of your list is pretty good except for Dunlap who has character issues and a poor work ethic. Odrick is the better option at DE for us and I would take him every time over Dunlap.

St33lersguy
03-05-2010, 02:47 PM

Dunlap will be a 3-4 OLB and is for the rest of our division. Bruce Campbell & Mike Iupati no thank you, Kyle Wilson, okay if no one else, but want to get Earl Thomas

steelerdave1969
03-05-2010, 02:59 PM
And there is also a very good chance that Tiger Woods was just "friends" with all those women. :headshake:

Absolutely agree with ya there Gonzo.. There is no way that he lasts til 18. But if he does I Promise I Will Come Straight To You and Appologize Personally.

Galax Steeler
03-05-2010, 03:04 PM

There is one thing about it we will get a quality player at no.18. There is alot of talent in this years draft.

supa_fly_steeler
03-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Absolutely agree with ya there Gonzo.. There is no way that he lasts til 18. But if he does I Promise I Will Come Straight To You and Appologize Personally.

He wont be able to see if you will apoligize if you put your text so small lmao

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-05-2010, 03:25 PM
He wont be able to see if you will apoligize if you put your text so small lmao True....since my sight has been going, I had to get a phone with larger buttons.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/HG0772-001.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=2AC75F6FAA20674CF7A7B3F228E3B514EE163271F7C7F9F2 49207362A3F24453

No need to apologize to me. If it happens, I will apologize to Tiger and his ....."friends"

jollyrob68
03-05-2010, 03:31 PM

NO CAMPBELL. JAreed Veldheer in the 2nd or 3rd. 2nd if we loose Willie Colon.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-05-2010, 03:37 PM

Better yet. Veldheer in the 2nd, so we can sign Colon and let Starks go in 2 seasons. Veldheer and Colon could be a real good OT combination. Starks is a guy who had "upside" that never went up.

jollyrob68
03-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Better yet. Veldheer in the 2nd, so we can sign Colon and let Starks go in 2 seasons. Veldheer and Colon could be a real good OT combination. Starks is a guy who had "upside" that never went up.

Starks is better on the right side and got lucky to be in the right place at the right time.
The should shop Willie Colon for a 2 & 4 or 2 & a player. What do you think about the Raiders LB KIrk Morrison? If he's good then we could get a 2 & him from the Raiders.

Northside Jonny
03-05-2010, 04:36 PM

I just found this pic of Mike Iupati!
http://eqatwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/caveman.jpg
I Really don't think he will be able to comprehend the advanced NFL blocking schemes!!

supa_fly_steeler
03-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Rolando McClain is a linebacker you would want on your team. Judging by Miami releasing Ayodele they want him?... Maybe Weatherspoon for outside.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Starks is better on the right side and got lucky to be in the right place at the right time.
The should shop Willie Colon for a 2 & 4 or 2 & a player. What do you think about the Raiders LB KIrk Morrison? If he's good then we could get a 2 & him from the Raiders.

A young player on a 1 year tender offer like Colon does not carry much value. He would be a rental player for 1 season, so its not gonna happen. The Steelers will try to get Colon a long term deal.

Starks actually plays better on the left side IMO. Maybe its because he is left handed and left footed?? So a kick slide to the left is more natural for him. He still is a guy that has never really improved much in his career.

Kirk Morrison is a tackling machine, but trades dont happen that often and the Raiders probably are not shopping him.

Ro McClain is the best ILB in the draft. If he is gone the STeelers have choices of Weatherspoon, Spikes, Bowman, Angerer, Micah Johnson still around. No need to trade when you have draft picks like that and Farrior, Timmons, Fox still under contract.

Northside Jonny
03-05-2010, 05:26 PM
He wont be able to see if you will apoligize if you put your text so small lmao

Whats it matter if he puts his text to small it his preference not yours! Piss off buddy!

jollyrob68
03-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Rolando McClain is a linebacker you would want on your team. Judging by Miami releasing Ayodele they want him?... Maybe Weatherspoon for outside.

I'd take spoon or McClain

jollyrob68
03-05-2010, 06:10 PM
I just found this pic of Mike Iupati!
http://eqatwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/caveman.jpg
I Really don't think he will be able to comprehend the advanced NFL blocking schemes!!

BRUCE CAMPBELL WONT.

jollyrob68
03-05-2010, 06:18 PM
A young player on a 1 year tender offer like Colon does not carry much value. He would be a rental player for 1 season, so its not gonna happen. The Steelers will try to get Colon a long term deal.

Starks actually plays better on the left side IMO. Maybe its because he is left handed and left footed?? So a kick slide to the left is more natural for him. He still is a guy that has never really improved much in his career.

Kirk Morrison is a tackling machine, but trades dont happen that often and the Raiders probably are not shopping him.

Ro McClain is the best ILB in the draft. If he is gone the STeelers have choices of Weatherspoon, Spikes, Bowman, Angerer, Micah Johnson still around. No need to trade when you have draft picks like that and Farrior, Timmons, Fox still under contract.

Ok, sounds good. The rumor was that the 3rd round tender on Kirk Morrison is to entice trade because a second round tender was the same as what he made last year. The Raiders are in need of a Tackle. Perhaps they seek for a trade and get a 2nd & Kirk Morrison for Willie Colon.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-06-2010, 03:46 AM
Dunlap will be a 3-4 OLB and is for the rest of our division. Bruce Campbell & Mike Iupati no thank you, Kyle Wilson, okay if no one else, but want to get Earl Thomas

Dunlap played the majority of his career at 6'6 290 lbs....He showed up for the combine at 277 lbs, but I dont think there is anyway that teams are considering moving him to OLB.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-06-2010, 03:49 AM

As of now....I would take Thomas in the first round and Veldheer in the second round.

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 04:34 AM
Does someone want to brake into Berrys house and place some marijuana in his sandwhiches so his stock falls :chuckle:

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Beat writer Omar Kelly passes along speculation that the Dolphins could pursue free agent FS Darren Sharper once Antrel Rolle signs elsewhere.
Kelly seems to believe the Dolphins are out of the running for Rolle. Sharper hasn't drawn interest in the initial free-agency wave, but he appears to be a fallback option for teams missing out on Rolle and Ryan Clark. Mar. 5 -

Hopefully the 49ers will go for Sharper and we could pick Thomas that would be awesome LLT

SS43Polamalu
03-06-2010, 05:08 AM
Beat writer Omar Kelly passes along speculation that the Dolphins could pursue free agent FS Darren Sharper once Antrel Rolle signs elsewhere.
Kelly seems to believe the Dolphins are out of the running for Rolle. Sharper hasn't drawn interest in the initial free-agency wave, but he appears to be a fallback option for teams missing out on Rolle and Ryan Clark. Mar. 5 -

Hopefully the 49ers will go for Sharper and we could pick Thomas that would be awesome LLT

I agree!!!

:tt03:

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Does anyone think maybe we should trade and put Limas and a draft pick in the package to move up to 10th to the Bills or 11th?.

There we have a 100% chance at Earl Thomas and some shots at Eric Berry.

wdsteel
03-06-2010, 12:14 PM
im in with dumping sweed for moving up in any round..that should sure up getting Thomas in the 1st as a CB and still get Nate Allen in the 2nd..can get LB Sean Lee or OG Mike Johnson in the 3rd

jollyrob68
03-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Does anyone think maybe we should trade and put Limas and a draft pick in the package to move up to 10th to the Bills or 11th?.

There we have a 100% chance at Earl Thomas and some shots at Eric Berry.

if we move up it wont be for Thomas it would be for McClain or Haden. If were going to give up sweed then get a round 3 from the raiders or trade to KC they wanted him last year

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-06-2010, 12:31 PM

I was worried about the Giants and the 49ers signing Thomas ahead of us. The Giants just picked up Rolle which moves their primary need to OT. The Dolphins did us a favor by picking up Carlos Dansby in Free Agency. They originally had OLB has a positional need and were targeting OLB Sergio Kindle. With the acquisition of Dansby they will probably take a WR in the draft

...and OLB Sergio Kindle drops to the 49ers who would almost certaily draft him before Thomas.

Therefore....Thomas now SHOULD be there at #18.

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 02:07 PM
I was worried about the Giants and the 49ers signing Thomas ahead of us. The Giants just picked up Rolle which moves their primary need to OT. The Dolphins did us a favor by picking up Carlos Dansby in Free Agency. They originally had OLB has a positional need and were targeting OLB Sergio Kindle. With the acquisition of Dansby they will probably take a WR in the draft

...and OLB Sergio Kindle drops to the 49ers who would almost certaily draft him before Thomas.

Therefore....Thomas now SHOULD be there at #18.

Agreed althought i think teh Giants need a linebacker (primary need imo) but if bualagagaga is there they might have a hard choice passing up, i dont know why they throwed their leader in leadership and tackles away wtf way to treat a player you had for so long class organisation.

I have seen some sites that say the Jaguars will select Earl Thomas (WTF though they have reggie nelson a bit brainless decision, and another site saying Miami, but Miami need rush linebackers seems they have none now (peezy and taylor free agents).

Would Seattle select him? I know Carrol if he had to would select Mays as we all know why but they have much bigger needs.

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 02:50 PM
if we move up it wont be for Thomas it would be for McClain or Haden. If were going to give up sweed then get a round 3 from the raiders or trade to KC they wanted him last year

I doubt it just for those two, Eric Berry could fall as far to 13th.

Set-Man
03-07-2010, 08:41 AM
I would love any of those scenario's but why would anyone take Sweed? He is out with mental issues. He has had trouble catching. He is not even projected to be in our sights if they are shopping for another wideout. Even if someone did take him it wouldn't be for a lot of compensation. At least that's my opinion.

urbanahawk8
03-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Rolando McClain WILL make it to the Steelers at 18 because of two deals. When Karlos Dansby signed with the Dolphins, that eliminated the chances of McClain going to Miami. Also, when the Corey Williams went down, Detroit doesnt need a DT anymore, lowering the chances that Ndamukong Suh will go to 2 overall. That will cause a domino affect on draft day that will allow the Steelers to take McClain.

supa_fly_steeler
03-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I would love any of those scenario's but why would anyone take Sweed? He is out with mental issues. He has had trouble catching. He is not even projected to be in our sights if they are shopping for another wideout. Even if someone did take him it wouldn't be for a lot of compensation. At least that's my opinion.

Sweeds only been in the league for 2 years. He can still be an assett to a team but not ours right now we have 3 main receivers and 4 targets.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Rolando McClain WILL make it to the Steelers at 18 because of two deals. When Karlos Dansby signed with the Dolphins, that eliminated the chances of McClain going to Miami. Also, when the Corey Williams went down, Detroit doesnt need a DT anymore, lowering the chances that Ndamukong Suh will go to 2 overall. That will cause a domino affect on draft day that will allow the Steelers to take McClain.

IF McClain falls...the Giants will nap him in a heartbeat. Dansby is slated to play OLB for the Dolphins...so they still will have a need at ILB. The Broncos need an ILB and unless they pick up a WR or trade down, they will take McClain.

PittdaBurgh56
03-10-2010, 04:15 PM
I believe you mean a 4.74 forty...and hes second was 4.71

supa_fly_steeler
03-10-2010, 04:21 PM
McClain ran a 7.74 forty. We need Spooooooooooooooooooooon

no we dont need http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Waniwa/Spoon.gif Farrior i bet ran a 4.7-4.8... McClain > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Waniwa/Spoon.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Waniwa/Spoon.gif :monkey: jk btw

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2010, 04:28 PM
So McLain runs a 4.71 on a bad hammy. Who cares?? He's not gonna get to #18 unless he goes clubbing in Millidgeville Ga and is subject to an investigation, before the draft.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-11-2010, 10:11 AM
OK, Crohns disease may hurt his stock and he could get to #18. But, I doubt it.

supa_fly_steeler
03-11-2010, 10:14 AM
OK, Crohns disease may hurt his stock and he could get to #18. But, I doubt it.

Crohn's disease (also known as Crohn-Leśniowski Disease, or morbus Leśniowski-Crohn, granulomatous colitis and regional enteritis) is an inflammatory disease of the intestines that may affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract from mouth to anus, causing a wide variety of symptoms. It primarily causes abdominal pain, diarrhea (which may be bloody), vomiting, or weight loss,[1][2][3] but may also cause complications outside of the gastrointestinal tract such as skin rashes, arthritis and inflammation of the eye.

:sadpace: i feel sorry for him a horrible disease to have.