PDA

View Full Version : Yo TMZ.com is reporting Big Ben has been accused of sexual assault again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

klick81
04-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Ben to hold a press conference within an hour:

Roethlisberger To Speak At Press ConferencePITTSBURGH (KDKA) ―

Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is expected to speak this evening.

He will speak during a press conference at Steelers headquarters at 7 p.m.

A district attorney in Baldwin County, Georgia, announced today that he would not pursue criminal charges against Roethlisberger after a 20-year-old college student accused him of sexual assault in March.

Stay with KDKA for the latest developments.

http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.Roethlisberger.Steelers.2.1628078.html

Fire Haley
04-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Ben to hold a press conference within an hour:

"Handwashing is the best way to prevent disease"

Indo
04-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Let's review:

Ben

Has consensual sex with two chicks at different times---NOT illegal
Acts like an a$$hole to both of them---STILL not illegal
Keeps his mouth shut

Holmes

Breaks the NFL rules (and federal laws) regarding substance usage---ILLEGAL
Gets involved in a he said/she said lawsuit---NOT illegal
BUT, again fails the drug test/substance policy---ILLEGAL
Further aggravates the case against himself by Tweeting like a Twit---NOT illegal, but shows lack of respect for your (his) organization

RACE CARD, my a$$

Oh, and I wouldn't eff with James Harrison either

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Oh, and I wouldn't eff with James Harrison either

James doesn't worry me, but his mother scares me to death. :chuckle:

zulater
04-12-2010, 06:34 PM
ESPN is playing the race card, big time - and Marcellus Wiley on the NFL channel said the NFLPA will want to know that it's not a black and white thing.

Racists always make it about race.

Psyychoward86
04-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Well with Harrison im pretty sure Roger Goodell just didnt want him walking up to his doorstep and unleashing the dragon on him

Godfather
04-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Well with Harrison im pretty sure Roger Goodell just didnt want him walking up to his doorstep and unleashing the dragon on him

Harrison says if Goodell wants to suspend him, suspend him when he doesn't do something.

Stone
04-12-2010, 07:02 PM
I've been a long-time lurker, but decided to finally join today so I could post the link for this article. It is the most informative one so far on the events of that evening:

http://www.ajc.com/news/da-no-charges-coming-457364.html?printArticle=y

Some of the more interesting aspects:

Both groups ended up at the Capital City Club a little after 1 a.m. Roethlisberger and friends took over the bar's makeshift VIP room, separated by a black curtain and guarded by the quarterback's security detail. Only those women approved by Roethlisberger were granted access. Once inside, they were provided shots of alcohol. Among them: his accuser, who was wearing a sexually explicit T-shirt, Ocmulgee Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright confirmed.

"Too much drinking by too many people," said Bright, who provided the narrative for the events of March 5.

The conversation between the quarterback and the coed quickly turned sexual in nature, Bright said. A little before 2 a.m. they disappeared into a small bathroom within the VIP area.

The alleged victim, who the district attorney said was "highly intoxicated," first told Officer Jerry Blash she wasn't raped. She was asked if she had sex. She said she wasn't sure. Later, in a handwritten statement, she said she did have non-consensual sex with Roethlisberger.

Later that morning, at the Oconee Regional Medical Center, she said, "a boy kind of raped me." The doctor who treated her said he could not say whether she had been sexually assaulted, although there were signs of bruising and a slight laceration in the genital area. However, there was "no evidence of semen or discharge," Bright said. DNA evidence processed at the GBI's crime lab was also inconclusive, the district attorney said.

Meanwhile, back at the Capital City Club, Blash approached Roethlisberger, informing him of the allegation. The officer, who would have his picture taken with the quarterback, said something derogatory about the accuser, Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow Blue confirmed Monday. Blash is being investigated for those remarks and has been reassigned but not suspended, the chief said. Attempts to reach the officer Monday were unsuccessful."[The remarks] did not have any impact on the investigation," Blue said.

Though his investigation has concluded, significant questions persist, Bright said.

"Everyone could be criticized for their actions that night," he said.

Shea
04-12-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm not completely insensitive - it must have been pretty embarrassing for her when your vagina is being discussed on national TV.

So true. :sofunny:

And I bet her anonymity doesn't last long. And it shouldn't.

Yes it should.

Just because charges aren't going to be filed doesn't mean something horrible didn't happened to her in that bathroom.

It just shows to me that it can't be proven in a court of law - 'he said, she said' is hard enough. Add in the extensive media attention to the case and I can see why she wouldn't be able to handle such extreme attention on top of what trauma that might have incurred.

Nobody knows what happened in that bathroom.

And as one woman to another, I find it a bit offensive to so easily throw her under the bus.

We ALL don't know what exactly happened. Glad to see that this might soon be past for us Steeler fans, but for some reason my gut is telling me to feel for this girl.

And I've learned a long time ago that my gut is always right.

WH
04-13-2010, 02:57 AM
And as one woman to another, I find it a bit offensive to so easily throw her under the bus.

We ALL don't know what exactly happened. Glad to see that this might soon be past for us Steeler fans, but for some reason my gut is telling me to feel for this girl.

And as a man, I find it offensive to so easily throw Ben under the bus as a sexual assaulter.

pete74
04-13-2010, 04:50 AM
So true. :sofunny:

Yes it should.

Just because charges aren't going to be filed doesn't mean something horrible didn't happened to her in that bathroom.

It just shows to me that it can't be proven in a court of law - 'he said, she said' is hard enough. Add in the extensive media attention to the case and I can see why she wouldn't be able to handle such extreme attention on top of what trauma that might have incurred.

Nobody knows what happened in that bathroom.

And I've learned a long time ago that my gut is always right.

your correct and i agree. of course it goes both ways but i definatly agree with you. i would really love to know if ben and his attorney paid her to tell the DA she didnt want to go forward with this. no matter what, they would never win in court without her. her testimony ment everything and im sure her unwillingness to persue this any further played a big part in the DA's decision to not prosecute

stillers4me
04-13-2010, 05:25 AM
And as a man, I find it offensive to so easily throw Ben under the bus as a sexual assaulter.

As the mother of a son, I feel the same way. And I's hope my daughter would never put herself in that position, either.

HometownGal
04-13-2010, 06:12 AM

I have to agree with you.

This bar rat is 20 years old and knew she wasn't "legal" when she entered the bars she and her posse followed Ben and his group to. She knew she was underage when she consumed all of the alcohol. She allegedly engaged in sex talk with Ben and there is no evidence that he dragged her back to the bathroom - she obviously accompanied him of her own free will. No one heard her screaming, which obviously, someone who is being forced into a sexual act against their will would do. I don't want to hear the "well - she was drunk" bullshit either. No one forced her to bar hop that night or to consume alcohol - that was HER choice. Though Ben is most definitely guilty of exercising poor judgment, especially in light of the fact that he has a civil suit involving sexual behavior hanging over his head in Nevada - I'm sick and damned tired of these golddigging bimbos willfully engaging in consensual sex with men who have deep pockets and then crying foul in order to secure a big payday. This doesn't just apply to athletes either, unfortunately. Men today are at a terrible disadvantage which just isn't right. :shake01:

Though I do feel a tremendous amount of empathy towards rape victims, I can't be empathetic towards women who put it out there of their own volition and then play the rape/sexual assault card in order to empty a man's pockets and in the process, ruin his reputation and/or career.

Common Sense 101 - if you don't want to give a wrong impression to a guy - don't talk the talk, keep your skirt down, your legs closed and just say NO.

zulater
04-13-2010, 06:30 AM

This bar rat is 20 years old and knew she wasn't "legal" when she entered the bars she and her posse followed Ben and his group to. She knew she was underage when she consumed all of the alcohol. She allegedly engaged in sex talk with Ben and there is no evidence that he dragged her back to the bathroom - she obviously accompanied him of her own free will. No one heard her screaming, which obviously, someone who is being forced into a sexual act against their will would do. I don't want to hear the "well - she was drunk" bullshit either. No one forced her to bar hop that night or to consume alcohol - that was HER choice. Though Ben is most definitely guilty of exercising poor judgment, especially in light of the fact that he has a civil suit involving sexual behavior hanging over his head in Nevada - I'm sick and damned tired of these golddigging bimbos willfully engaging in consensual sex with men who have deep pockets and then crying foul in order to secure a big payday. This doesn't just apply to athletes either, unfortunately. Men today are at a terrible disadvantage which just isn't right. :shake01:

Though I do feel a tremendous amount of empathy towards rape victims, I can't be empathetic towards women who put it out there of their own volition and then play the rape/sexual assault card in order to empty a man's pockets and in the process, ruin his reputation and/or career.

Common Sense 101 - if you don't want to give a wrong impression to a guy - don't talk the talk, keep your skirt down, your legs closed and just say NO.

I think you should become the new pointman ( person) for Ben's P.R team. Someone needs to present his side of the issue soon, because right now he's get pummeled on all fronts :doh:

HometownGal
04-13-2010, 06:39 AM
I think you should become the new pointman ( person) for Ben's P.R team. Someone needs to present his side of the issue soon, because right now he's get pummeled on all fronts :doh:

:chuckle::thumbsup::chuckle:

I'm just fed up with women and their immoral get rich antics. What the hell happened to all the nice girls? :noidea: Hey - I'm a nice girl and I won't deny that I love the bootie, but I would never - EVER - resort to such illicit tactics in order to get a guy's attention (or grab his wallet). That's just sick imho.

Texasteel
04-13-2010, 06:54 AM

Sexual assault is one of those words that all you have to do is say and it sticks, no matter what. I read an ill informed gentleman call him a rapist just yesterday, and I doubt if that will be the last time we hear it. The fact that many of our own here were so eager to jump all over him says a lot about the guilty till shown to be innocent, and then still guilty, mentality. Both he and Steeler fans are just going to have to put up with it, and see it for want it really is. Pure Jealousy.

SteelMember
04-13-2010, 07:33 AM
I've been a long-time lurker, but decided to finally join today so I could post the link for this article. It is the most informative one so far on the events of that evening:

http://www.ajc.com/news/da-no-charges-coming-457364.html?printArticle=y

Some of the more interesting aspects:

Both groups ended up at the Capital City Club a little after 1 a.m. Roethlisberger and friends took over the bar's makeshift VIP room, separated by a black curtain and guarded by the quarterback's security detail. Only those women approved by Roethlisberger were granted access. Once inside, they were provided shots of alcohol. Among them: his accuser, who was wearing a sexually explicit T-shirt, Ocmulgee Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright confirmed.

"Too much drinking by too many people," said Bright, who provided the narrative for the events of March 5.

The conversation between the quarterback and the coed quickly turned sexual in nature, Bright said. A little before 2 a.m. they disappeared into a small bathroom within the VIP area.

The alleged victim, who the district attorney said was "highly intoxicated," first told Officer Jerry Blash she wasn't raped. She was asked if she had sex. She said she wasn't sure. Later, in a handwritten statement, she said she did have non-consensual sex with Roethlisberger.

Later that morning, at the Oconee Regional Medical Center, she said, "a boy kind of raped me." The doctor who treated her said he could not say whether she had been sexually assaulted, although there were signs of bruising and a slight laceration in the genital area. However, there was "no evidence of semen or discharge," Bright said. DNA evidence processed at the GBI's crime lab was also inconclusive, the district attorney said.

Meanwhile, back at the Capital City Club, Blash approached Roethlisberger, informing him of the allegation. The officer, who would have his picture taken with the quarterback, said something derogatory about the accuser, Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow Blue confirmed Monday. Blash is being investigated for those remarks and has been reassigned but not suspended, the chief said. Attempts to reach the officer Monday were unsuccessful."[The remarks] did not have any impact on the investigation," Blue said.

Though his investigation has concluded, significant questions persist, Bright said.

"Everyone could be criticized for their actions that night," he said.

Another interesting point that was touched on by the DA in the presser was that the accuser was accompanied by her friends/soriority sisters in the VIP area, and one of them was "ejected". I guess Ben didn't find the whole group up to his standards. (not necessarily right, but follow me here) The one thats gets tossed then gets mad she isn't held in high reguard, or maybe she didn't get "her" free drink. Then states she desen't think her friend should be in the VIP area alone because she's too drunk. She gets the manager to come over to protest, and the manager says if your really concerned about your friend, you can see the VIP area from another vantage point. (around the back, which was another way to get to the bathroom of interest.) In the manager's statement... "they did not."

The only reason I even bother to metion this is because it was her friends that approached the police to begin with. :noidea:

Actually, it does. "There wasn't enough evidence, OR probable cause." - DA

The "horrible" part you refer to might be the same feeling of "regret" anyone could experience after a one night stand. That doesn't make it illegal.

SteelMember
04-13-2010, 07:37 AM
your correct and i agree. of course it goes both ways but i definatly agree with you. i would really love to know if ben and his attorney paid her to tell the DA she didnt want to go forward with this. no matter what, they would never win in court without her. her testimony ment everything and im sure her unwillingness to persue this any further played a big part in the DA's decision to not prosecute

Did you listen to the DA?

He explicitly said, it had no bearing on his decision.

colescott1
04-13-2010, 07:41 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why, when the cop first talked to the "alleged victim", and asked if she had been raped, and she answered "no"...... what else was there to investigate, except for why a 20 year old had left a bar drunk as a skunk?

Wonder if that helped change her tune to "kinda" later on when she realized what she had gotten herself into, and then "yes, I was" 13 hrs later.

pete74
04-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Did you listen to the DA?

He explicitly said, it had no bearing on his decision.

of course he did but if anybody knows anything about the law they will know that its almost impossible to get a guilty verdict in any case were the defendent refuses to testify with the exception of a murder trial

SteelMember
04-13-2010, 07:48 AM
of course he did

What? he got paid too?

unbelievable.

pete74
04-13-2010, 07:48 AM
i think bradshaw hit the nail on the head when he said that rothlisberger is not a good looking guy just as he wasnt either. all these beautiful women are not swarming towards him because of his looks or personality, its because of his money and fame

pete74
04-13-2010, 07:50 AM
What? he got paid too?

unbelievable.

are you for real? do you really think its easy to prosecute a rape case without the defendent? come on bro. im sure that played some part in his decision along with the lack of evidence. they didnt find enough evidence so her testimony was everything for this case

SteelMember
04-13-2010, 07:52 AM
all these beautiful women are not swarming towards him because of his looks or personality, its because of his money and fame

THAT may be the smartest thing you've said so far.

Too bad it took a Bradshaw quote for you to see it.

plenewken
04-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Actually, it does. "There wasn't enough evidence, OR probable cause." - DA

Last night, several prominent forensic experts and Dr Cyril Wecht in particular, questioned the "insufficient evidence" stuff, and particularly the fact that the DNA sample found on the alleged victim was too small to formally reveal a DNA profile.
How come they could identify the DNA as human (vs animal according to the DA) but not identify a unique profile out of it?
Maybe it's an issue of $$$ but these experts claim that even the smallest sample of DNA can lead to a unique DNA profile.

SteelMember
04-13-2010, 07:56 AM
are you for real? come on man think. do you really think its easy to prosecute a rape case without the defendent? come on bro. im sure that played some part in his decision along with the lack of evidence. they didnt find enough evidence so her testimony was everything for this case

Yes. If there is "evidence".

How do you think they procecute any case when the "alleged victim" is deceased? rape or other.

pete74
04-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Yes. If there is "evidence".

How do you think they procecute any case when the "alleged victim" is deceased? rape or other.

exactly why i wrote the exception of a murder case. im not going to explain the law to you but i asure you the DA has a much easier time getting guilty verdict when the lead witness or in this case victim takes the stand.

SteelMember
04-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Last night, several prominent forensic experts and Dr Cyril Wecht in particular, questioned the "insufficient evidence" stuff, and particularly the fact that the DNA sample found on the alleged victim was too small to formally reveal a DNA profile.
How come they could identify the DNA as human (vs animal according to the DA) but not identify a unique profile out of it?
Maybe it's an issue of $$$ but these experts claim that even the smallest sample of DNA can lead to a unique DNA profile.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'll offer a guess being a non-expert.

Each test reqires a certian amount of sample. The DA said they performed 3 basic tests. One of which you are referring to (animal vs. human). After each test, they exausted the finite sample they collected. Now, whether they can use the same sample over and over, or they become contaminated doing the basic tests, I can't say. My CSI viewing is at a minimum.

memphissteelergirl
04-13-2010, 08:21 AM

:thumbsup::applaudit: Hear, here!!

And let me also add that women like this who cry "rape" everytime they get "dissed" by some guy or perhaps make the decision to engage in a sex act and later feel guilty about it make it that much more difficult for women who actually are raped or assaulted. Every case like this sets rape prosecution/convictions back even further.

WH
04-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Everything about this case should be made public. I'd bet there were some SEVERE inconsistencies between the girls original statement, and her sober one.

I still hate that the stain of this is on Steelers fans everywhere. Sure, he wasn't charged, but do you think that Ravens, Browns, and Bengals fans care?

Anywhere that someone wears a Steelers jersey, steelers hat, or mentions that they are a Steelers fan....they're going to get harassed and have to hear some dumbass's 2 cents on this whole thing. I'm in Europe, mostly Sweden, where no one gives 2 craps about the NFL, so I get off light. I really do feel for those of you that are looking at constantly getting harrassed by a bunch of douchenozzles.

Godfather
04-13-2010, 08:41 AM

While that's true, men need to be smarter and avoid random hookups. You're just asking for trouble.

The only time I've seen the inside of a women's bathroom was when I worked in a coffee shop and wiped it down at the end of the night.

Texasteel
04-13-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'll offer a guess being a non-expert.

Each test reqires a certian amount of sample. The DA said they performed 3 basic tests. One of which you are referring to (animal vs. human). After each test, they exausted the finite sample they collected. Now, whether they can use the same sample over and over, or they become contaminated doing the basic tests, I can't say. My CSI viewing is at a minimum.

See what I mean bud. Even when the DA decided he didn't have a case against Ben. Some here still what to prosecute him in this forum. What do you think will happen when they go to a sludge pit like New England.

SteelMember
04-13-2010, 09:24 AM
See what I mean bud. Even when the DA decided he didn't have a case against Ben. Some here still what to prosecute him in this forum. What do you think will happen when they go to a sludge pit like New England.

become videography experts. :chuckle:

WH
04-13-2010, 11:06 AM
become videography experts. :chuckle:

heyoooooooo :chuckle:

pete74
04-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Boston lawyer Harry Manion told WEEI’s Dennis & Callahan Show on Tuesday that Manion was involved in an investigation regarding another Ben Roethlisberger(notes) incident, separate from but similar to the ones that have already been made public.

Manion, a partner at the firm of Cooley Manion Jones, brings up an incident that allegedly occurred in 2009 in Nevada.

"Six months ago I was retained by a client of mine and a close friend to investigate allegations against Ben Roethlisberger in a Las Vegas nightclub that were absolutely identical to this Georgia girl’s story.

"Unless he’s totally brain dead — and we don’t know — he would be scared. Because he has really walked a perilous line here. There’s a whole litany here, not only my experience, I have connected with several other people that have experience. And you know, there’s only so far that he said/she said will get you. There’s only so far that paying hush money will get you, if hush money is paid. And there’s only so far that, ‘Gee, we’re celebrities, we have a target on our back,’ will get you. When you see this much smoke, month after month and continuously. …

"It’s the scene that he’s gotten himself caught up with, and the belief that he can walk, and so far, so good. But it’s hurting him. He’s hurt. He has been damaged. And the next one, the wrath of God’s going to come down on him, if there is a next one."

ProFootballTalk.com editor and SN contributor Mike Florio says with Manion’s statement, Manion has “placed himself at risk for a defamation claim, especially by suggesting that there are incidents beyond the Vegas case that he personally handled.”

Ocmulgee (Ga.) Judicial Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright decided not prosecute Roethlisberger for the recent incidient in Milledgeville. But Roethlisberger still faces a lawsuit filed last year by a woman who says he raped her in 2008 at a Lake Tahoe hotel and casino, an allegation the quarterback denies.

Florio: Signs point to a settlement between Roethlisberger, accuser

stlrtruck
04-13-2010, 12:30 PM
HEY LOOK OVER THERE...it's the Stanley Cup Playoffs!!!

Can we now move past this whole thing, let Good Deal dish out his non-patriot* punishment, allow the Steelers FO to deal with Roethlisberger, and move forward with the Steelers and oh yeah, THE PENGUINS!

pete74
04-13-2010, 12:36 PM
HEY LOOK OVER THERE...it's the Stanley Cup Playoffs!!!

Can we now move past this whole thing, let Good Deal dish out his non-patriot* punishment, allow the Steelers FO to deal with Roethlisberger, and move forward with the Steelers and oh yeah, THE PENGUINS!

pens better start playing different or Ottawa will send them home in 5

Dino 6 Rings
04-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Mods...Thread Lock Request...this horse is dead.

:deadhorse:

Gnutella
04-13-2010, 04:50 PM
I concur. Kill this topic once and for all.

fansince'76
04-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Agreed.