PDA

View Full Version : Yo TMZ.com is reporting Big Ben has been accused of sexual assault again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

HometownGal
03-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Following recent allegations of sexual assault, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger(notes) has removed himself from participation in the Kraft Nabisco Championship Celebrity Pro-Am, TMZ.com reports.

The tournament is scheduled for March 29-April 4 in Rancho Mirage, Calif., and the quarterback has obviously been advised to keep a low profile until the legal issues are resolved.

Roethlisberger told police last week in Milledgeville, Ga., he had "sexual contact" with the woman who is accusing him of sexual assault, but he said no force was involved.

Would you please edit your post and post the link to the story? Thanks.

mesaSteeler
03-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Lawyer: Lawsuit accuser might talk
ESPN.com news services
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=5005188&type=story

The Georgia state police agency investigating allegations against Ben Roethlisberger is pursuing an interview with the woman who sued the Pittsburgh Steelers' quarterback in Nevada last year, the woman's attorney said Wednesday.

Attorney Calvin Dunlap, who represents the accuser in the Nevada case, Andrea McNulty, told KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh that the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has sought an interview with his client. Dunlap has not ruled out allowing McNulty to speak to Georgia investigators.

In the Nevada lawsuit, McNulty alleged Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her. He has denied those allegations. No criminal charges have been filed in that case.

"They need information from us, and frankly we need information from them, so I will make a decision on how to proceed as the need arises," Dunlap told KDKA-TV.

Georgia police are investigating an allegation brought by a 20-year-old college student that she was sexually assaulted by Roethlisberger, 28, in a Milledgeville bar. His attorney, Ed Garland, has said the two-time Super Bowl winner has committed no crime.

The investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed.

Garland told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Roethlisberger has yet to speak with investigators regarding the accusation, made on March 5 in Milledgeville.

Special agent Tom Davis of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation told ESPN's Kelly Naqi that Roethlisberger is cooperating through his attorney, but has yet to speak to investigators.

"We interviewed a majority of people that were in his group . . . in Georgia. I will not say who from his group we interviewed but we have not spoken to Ben yet," Davis said Tuesday. "His lawyer has not made him available. [Garland] has cooperated in every way, with the exception of the interview."

zulater
03-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Lawyer: Lawsuit accuser might talk
ESPN.com news services
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=5005188&type=story

The Georgia state police agency investigating allegations against Ben Roethlisberger is pursuing an interview with the woman who sued the Pittsburgh Steelers' quarterback in Nevada last year, the woman's attorney said Wednesday.

Attorney Calvin Dunlap, who represents the accuser in the Nevada case, Andrea McNulty, told KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh that the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has sought an interview with his client. Dunlap has not ruled out allowing McNulty to speak to Georgia investigators.

In the Nevada lawsuit, McNulty alleged Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her. He has denied those allegations. No criminal charges have been filed in that case.

"They need information from us, and frankly we need information from them, so I will make a decision on how to proceed as the need arises," Dunlap told KDKA-TV.

Georgia police are investigating an allegation brought by a 20-year-old college student that she was sexually assaulted by Roethlisberger, 28, in a Milledgeville bar. His attorney, Ed Garland, has said the two-time Super Bowl winner has committed no crime.

The investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed.

Garland told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Roethlisberger has yet to speak with investigators regarding the accusation, made on March 5 in Milledgeville.

Special agent Tom Davis of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation told ESPN's Kelly Naqi that Roethlisberger is cooperating through his attorney, but has yet to speak to investigators.

"We interviewed a majority of people that were in his group . . . in Georgia. I will not say who from his group we interviewed but we have not spoken to Ben yet," Davis said Tuesday. "His lawyer has not made him available. [Garland] has cooperated in every way, with the exception of the interview."

This to me looks like they're getting desperate. Honestly I can't see the relevance? :noidea:McNutty never went to the police, the hospital Left a string of damaging e-mails, etc...

In other words other than maybe getting a pysical description of Ben's pecker to verify something the present accuser said, there's absolutely no way they'll get a damn thing of value from her. At this point anything McNulty says is strictly heresay, there's no way they can use anything she says in order to gain a search or arrest warrant on Ben, other than the aforementioned pysical description perhaps, and I'm not even sure on that.

There's a recently locked down thread that asked the question what if Ben were black? Well I got a better question, what if Ben were just an average businessman from out of state visiting Ga. and they allowed him to leave after initial questioning on the night of the allegation? Think they'd issue an out of state search warrant for his DNA? Fly down all those witnesses? I don't. I think this would have been long over, and dear missy would have been told not to go into bathrooms with strange men when drunk in the future and forget about it.

This shit needs to end! :banging:

steelerdude15
03-18-2010, 10:15 PM
I still believe he's innocent and will until we find out what really happened. To me, it seems that it was willing. I read on Pittsburgh Tribune Review that she was at other bars that he was at and was in the background of pictures taken at these other bars, does something sound fishy to you?

steelerdude15
03-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Witnesses said Roethlisberger and the woman were first noticed near each other around 11 p.m. at The Brick, but it's unclear whether she had been admitted into the inner sanctum at that point.

She also was at Buffington's with him, but, again, it remains unclear whether she was the object of any special attention. There were a lot of people hanging around him, coming and going for photos and autographs, especially young women.

Heres the link:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_671613.html

steeldawg
03-19-2010, 05:23 AM
This to me looks like they're getting desperate. Honestly I can't see the relevance? :noidea:McNutty never went to the police, the hospital Left a string of damaging e-mails, etc...

In other words other than maybe getting a pysical description of Ben's pecker to verify something the present accuser said, there's absolutely no way they'll get a damn thing of value from her. At this point anything McNulty says is strictly heresay, there's no way they can use anything she says in order to gain a search or arrest warrant on Ben, other than the aforementioned pysical description perhaps, and I'm not even sure on that.

There's a recently locked down thread that asked the question what if Ben were black? Well I got a better question, what if Ben were just an average businessman from out of state visiting Ga. and they allowed him to leave after initial questioning on the night of the allegation? Think they'd issue an out of state search warrant for his DNA? Fly down all those witnesses? I don't. I think this would have been long over, and dear missy would have been told not to go into bathrooms with strange men when drunk in the future and forget about it.

I agree if the had such a strong case they wouldnt need to talk to mcnutty

Godfather
03-19-2010, 10:40 AM

I've been wondering the same thing.

Plus why is McNutty reluctant to talk? Her reputation already took the hit. And talking to the GA cops can only help her case (and not their case, for the reasons you mentioned).

Maybe they suspect a connection between the two accusers. I hope that turns out to be the case.

WH
03-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Talking to McNutty just says more that they don't have a freaking thing to proceed with.

Fire Haley
03-19-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm taking the "no news is good news" stand at this point.

steelax04
03-19-2010, 02:47 PM
What I'm wondering is this.....

All the articles I read on this issue say that the accuser was 20 and in a bar.

I haven't been able to find out if the club allowed younger people in, but maybe she was there illegally.

I know it got lost in the mass of posts, but I think it was covered in one of the earlier posts... 18 to enter and 21 to drink, at least in this bar. I think they give out wrist straps to the over-21 people.

chacha
03-19-2010, 02:56 PM
I've been wondering the same thing.

Plus why is McNutty reluctant to talk? Her reputation already took the hit. And talking to the GA cops can only help her case (and not their case, for the reasons you mentioned).

Maybe they suspect a connection between the two accusers. I hope that turns out to be the case.

McNutty is a total fruitloop and liar, her lawyers dont want her talking about her case, she may stumble over some of her lies!

sixstringlass
03-19-2010, 03:29 PM
I know it got lost in the mass of posts, but I think it was covered in one of the earlier posts... 18 to enter and 21 to drink, at least in this bar. I think they give out wrist straps to the over-21 people.

It must be WAY different down there. Here, you can't prove you're 21, you ain't getting in.

WH
03-19-2010, 03:40 PM
It must be WAY different down there. Here, you can't prove you're 21, you ain't getting in.

Which is why not many 20 year olds alledge sexual assault in bar bathrooms where you live.

sixstringlass
03-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Which is why not many 20 year olds alledge sexual assault in bar bathrooms where you live.

True, true.

steelax04
03-19-2010, 04:16 PM

I think it's actually a state thing... but even then 18 year olds are allowed to serve it to you. All kinda strange if you ask me. Especially when you can go risk your life for the USA at 18... but you gotta wait 3 years for a beer.

Sorry about the tangent...

TheWarDen86
03-19-2010, 05:17 PM
I think it's actually a state thing... but even then 18 year olds are allowed to serve it to you. All kinda strange if you ask me. Especially when you can go risk your life for the USA at 18... but you gotta wait 3 years for a beer.

Sorry about the tangent...

lol. 2 sentences hardly constitutes a tangent my friend. And I agree about an 18 year old service member deserving a beer. :drink:

Texasteel
03-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Talking to McNutty just says more that they don't have a freaking thing to proceed with.

Thats what worries me a little. I hope the local DA isn't going on a witch hunt, trying to make a name for himself. Then again, I'm no great legal mind, they may have a legitimate reason.

TheWarDen86
03-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Thats what worries me a little. I hope the local DA isn't going on a witch hunt, trying to make a name for himself. Then again, I'm no great legal mind, they may have a legitimate reason.

That was my first thought, but I'm sure they're only going to ask her questions and see if there is any consistent info that they should look into or question Ben about.

pete74
03-19-2010, 06:17 PM
That was my first thought, but I'm sure they're only going to ask her questions and see if there is any consistent info that they should look into or question Ben about.

exactly

SteelC7
03-19-2010, 07:52 PM
the guy is a great QB...wat do u all care about wat kind of chicks hes banging, every sports star gets laid...ben just got unlucky and met some gold diggers. i cant wait til hes cleared, but then i wonder wat all u idiots r gonna talk about...probably bruce arians

ricksteelers55
03-19-2010, 08:01 PM
if you think people in here are idiots then why are you coming here? You have the right to love Roethlisberger and think that this is no big deal but again this is not about Ben's talent on the field.It's about his bad decisions OFF the field.

Instead of hanging out with 19-20 yrs old girls that he doesnt even know,why isnt he hanging out with models or girls that already have money or fame and wont use him ?

I mean the guy was dating Natalie Gulbis for god's sake.....now he's accused of assaulting a 20 yr old girl......not very wise

St33lersguy
03-19-2010, 08:03 PM
I totally agree with you. I am going to support big ben who has brought us so many great memories & 2 super bowls rather than just discard him just because he was accused of something when he hasn't even been proven guilty

JEFF4i
03-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Actually yeah, dating women who have something to lose themselves would be a good deal.

Me?

Paula Creamer>Natalie Gulbis anyway

Shoes
03-19-2010, 08:09 PM
ReBPdrtXQ5s

tony hipchest
03-19-2010, 08:10 PM
on second thought, HTG merging all redundant Big Ben threads that promote no alternative discussion and serve no purpose other than voicing a single opinion, is probably a damn good idea.

this thread sucks (with exception of shoes post :sofunny: )

Prok
03-19-2010, 08:21 PM
ReBPdrtXQ5s

Shoes you're one of my favorite posters here. Now I haven't been here long enough to know everybody well yet so don't screw it up. lol

MACH1
03-19-2010, 08:24 PM
the guy is a great QB...wat do u all care about wat kind of chicks hes banging, every sports star gets laid...ben just got unlucky and met some gold diggers. i cant wait til hes cleared, but then i wonder wat all u idiots r gonna talk about...probably bruce arians

http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/MoreCowbell.jpg

on second thought, HTG merging all redundant Big Ben threads that promote no alternative discussion and serve no purpose other than voicing a single opinion, is probably a damn good idea.

this thread sucks (with exception of shoes post :sofunny: )

What do you know, your an idiot. Or so I've heard. :wink02:

tony hipchest
03-19-2010, 08:34 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/cowbell.jpg

Psyychoward86
03-19-2010, 08:47 PM
YESSS!!! Another ben Roethlisberger thread. We really needed another :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
03-19-2010, 08:48 PM
i like ben roethlisberger, too.

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

Vincent
03-19-2010, 09:01 PM

Then go to Ben and show him how much you like him...

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/vinnyq/Moemop.jpg

He seems to like that.

Idiot.

Texasteel
03-19-2010, 09:16 PM
http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/MoreCowbell.jpg

What do you know, your an idiot. Or so I've heard. :wink02:

This place is full of idiots. Why should Tony be any different than the rest of us.

steelerdude15
03-19-2010, 09:35 PM
I like Ben too, he's a Pittsburgh Steeler.

tony hipchest
03-19-2010, 09:43 PM
This place is full of idiots. Why should Tony be any different than the rest of us.:chuckle: i try hard just to fit in. :wink02:

NEPAsteeler
03-19-2010, 09:59 PM
FIRE BRUCE ARIANS! :chuckle: :rofl:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-19-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't think that anyone here dislikes Big Ben as our QB, and I would imagine that most of the people on this forum support Ben and hope that he is cleared of all charges. However, regardless of the outcome, Ben is guilty of making poor choices as the leader of the team and as the face of the franchise.

steelerdude15
03-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Innocent unitl proven guilty!

tony hipchest
03-19-2010, 10:18 PM
free willie!

Preacher
03-19-2010, 10:57 PM
I don't think that anyone here dislikes Big Ben as our QB, and I would imagine that most of the people on this forum support Ben and hope that he is cleared of all charges. However, regardless of the outcome, Ben is guilty of making poor choices as the leader of the team and as the face of the franchise.

Nope. Not me.

I hope the truth comes out, period. If he DID do it, I hope he is arrested, convicted, and put in jail for 30 or so years.

If he DIDN'T do it, THEN I hope he is cleared of all charges.

I however, IN NO WAY support him JUST because he is a QB of a favorite team. I also, IN NO WAY, cast dispersion on him just because he is famous.

the fact of the matter is, no one knows what happened. Anyone that says they know is either 1. Blinded by the jersey and the 2 SB rings or 2. speaking out of turn when they should be talking to the investigators of the case or 3. Speaking out of jealousy and hating on Ben (for those who state they "know" he did it).

SOme things are just WAY bigger than football. A possible sex-offender forcing himself on 20 year old girls is one of those things. That is why I WILL NOT blindly support a guy in something this horrible. I don't know him personally, so I have no idea if he is capable of it or not, and my guess is, no one else on this board does either.

CantStop85
03-20-2010, 12:54 AM
http://wxdx.com/cc-common/mlib/2094/03/2094_1268772184.jpg

OX1947
03-20-2010, 02:38 AM
This whole thing stinks now. I was not on Ben's side 2 weeks ago but for these aholes to do all this and 2 weeks later not even close to charging and then find out they are trying to get that other skanks story, this is a travesty. The legal system in this country is garbage. They go through all this public horse bleep and then all of a sudden nothing. Same crap happened to Kobe. Same crap. They came out like cowboys acting like they knew what was going on and had his nuts in a vice, and then one after another fell. 7 different semen in the underwear, victim wont testify. WOW, what a surprise.

Bottom line is, if she wants a settlement, then you know right there its bogus. Anytime you have a horrible thing like sexual assault happen to you, if you cant prove that its about having justice served but want money, you are a liar and a fraud. If I was assaulted, the last thing on my mind is money unless it was to pay for the damage made to me. This whole thing is a joke and it sucks because so many good things are happening in Steeler country and we have to sit back and wait for these aholes to figure out what the hell is going on.

Galax Steeler
03-20-2010, 04:16 AM

Boring :jerkit:

TheWarDen86
03-20-2010, 09:53 AM
i like ben roethlisberger, too.

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

I like turtles

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2009/04/i-like-turtles-kid.jpg

pete74
03-21-2010, 05:34 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-mike_tomlin_concerned_about_roethlisberger_franchi se_html-2010320&prov=nfp&type=lgns

The sexual assault investigation surrounding Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger(notes) is a very serious matter.

His freedom, reputation and NFL career are all at stake.

So, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is understandably worried about the situation.

"I’m highly concerned for our franchise and for Ben personally," Tomlin told the NFL Network.

Per the report, Tomlin wasn’t inclined to being expansive on his remarks since it’s a legal matter.

Roethlisberger has been accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old female in Milledgeville, Ga.

"My concerns are many, but I think at this time it’s kind of appropriate to watch these things and let these things run their course," Tomlin said. "I think it would be inappropriate for me to have strong feelings one way or another with the investigation being ongoing and so forth. Like everyone else, you watch these things unfold."

Roethlisberger hasn’t been charged with a crime and his high-profile lawyer, Ed Garland, has stated that his client hasn’t committed a criminal act.

Roethlisberger has reportedly acknowledged to team officials that he had a consensual sexual encounter with the woman, but didn’t have intercourse with her, according to a KDKA television report

Grav
03-21-2010, 07:23 AM
Hey from UK so was just wondering are these allegations to be taken seriously, as you hear often of fake allegations like this, what is the situation like currently? are we at risk of losing big ben for a few games this season? Is it time for Dennis Dixon to take over the few games that he misses??

Galax Steeler
03-21-2010, 07:28 AM
I believe that it is something to be very concerned over. This is the second time and if he is guilty or innocent it is gong to tarnish his career. I for one hope he is not guilty and continue to play for the Steelers but I am thinking they might should start looking for a replacement before long. It just don't look good for big Ben.

stillers4me
03-21-2010, 07:28 AM
The mods try to keep the subject in one thread. Crack open a few beers and enjoy.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=48849

stillers4me
03-21-2010, 08:15 AM
I believe that it is something to be very concerned over. This is the second time and if he is guilty or innocent it is gong to tarnish his career. I for one hope he is not guilty and continue to play for the Steelers but I am thinking they might should start looking for a replacement before long. It just don't look good for big Ben.

As I stated in another thread, IMO, we need to be prepared either way. Ben is only 1 or 2 concussions away from forced retirement. We absolutley must get the power running game back to prepare for life without the gunslinger QB. And if Ben is around for 5 more years, all the better. But any game could be his last.

pete74
03-22-2010, 04:48 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_672803.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- When the Steelers start putting together their draft board next week, they will follow the plan they had before Ben Roethlisberger got accused of sexual assault for the second time in the past eight months.

Director of football operations Kevin Colbert said Sunday that the Steelers have ruled out taking a quarterback with an early-round pick in next month's draft.

"That position appears to be set," Colbert said at the NFL owners meeting.

The Steelers' approach at quarterback - they hope to re-sign Charlie Batch to provide depth behind Roethlisberger and promising third-year man Dennis Dixon - is consistent with the stance team president Art Rooney II took last week.

Rooney said the Steelers have "a little bit of a luxury of time" and are going to let the investigation of Roethlisberger play out before entertaining contingency plans at quarterback.

A 20-year-old college student has accused Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her in a Milledgeville, Ga., night club on March 5. Roethlisberger, one of only 10 quarterbacks to win two Super Bowls, also has a civil suit alleging sexual assault against him pending in Nevada.

Rooney has met with Roethlisberger since a night of bar-hopping in Milledgeville, not far from where Roethlisberger owns a vacation home, took a wrong turn. Rooney and the Steelers have remained tight lipped on the subject, although coach Mike Tomlin told the NFL Network here Saturday: "I'm highly concerned for our franchise and for Ben personally."

Tomlin did not meet with Pittsburgh reporters yesterday as he took his family to one of Disney World's theme parks.

Rooney, asked yesterday about his concern for Roethlisberger and the franchise founded by his grandfather, declined comment.

Roethlisberger's predicament could emerge as the talk of owners meetings. An uncertain and contentious labor situation is a hot-button issue, but owners are prohibited by commissioner Roger Goodell from commenting.

That leaves something of a vacuum that could be filled by Roethlisberger's legal situation - and how an image-conscious league and franchise deal with the accusations that his lawyers say are not true.

Goodell has a Q&A session with reporters today, and Tomlin will take part in a media breakfast tomorrow with the rest of the AFC coaches.

If Roethlisberger is charged in Georgia, he could be subject to a fine or suspension for violation of the league's personal conduct policy, which Goodell enacted in 2007.

Goodell has suspended players before they have been convicted of anything, but he usually takes such action after those players have repeated run-ins with the law.

If Roethlisberger is indicted, Goodell may have to determine whether the criminal charges and a pending lawsuit constitute a pattern of behavior that is detrimental to the league.

Sexual misconduct is among the offenses that are punishable before a conviction, according to the personal-conduct policy.

The policy also allows Goodell to order players to seek treatment. He did that in 2008 with Brandon Marshall as the Broncos wide receiver had to undergo anger-management counseling and serve a one-game suspension following a string of arrests.

Although Roethlisberger's situation has not affected draft preparations, the Steelers are keeping their options open at quarterback. The team has been linked to Byron Leftwich, who served as a capable backup in 2008 before signing with Tampa Bay.

Colbert would not comment on Leftwich, but he has not ruled anything out.

"As we get into the draft preparation," Colbert said, "we'll contact every team as we always do and find out what players are available and whether teams are interested in trading up or down."

Crime and punishment

If Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is charged with a crime following accusations of sexual assault in Milledgeville, Ga., he could be subject to discipline under the NFL's personal conduct policy. Here is a key passage in the policy enacted in 2007 by commissioner Roger Goodell:

"It's not enough to simply avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard. Persons who fail to live up to this standard are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime."

Discipline, according to the personal conduct policy, may be imposed in any of the following circumstances:

• Criminal offenses including, but not limited to, those involving the use or threat of violence; domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft and other property crimes; sex offenses; obstruction or resisting arrest; disorderly conduct; fraud; racketeering; and money laundering.

• Criminal offenses relating to steroids and prohibited substances, or substances of abuse.

• Violent or threatening behavior among employees, whether in or outside the workplace.

• Possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting, including but not limited to stadiums, team facilities, training camp, locker rooms, team planes, buses, parking lots, etc., or unlawful possession of a weapon outside of the workplace.

• Conduct that imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person.

• Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs or NFL players.

WH
03-22-2010, 05:09 AM
I wonder if Ben will be put on meganslaw.com if he's charged and found guilty.

Merchant
03-22-2010, 01:20 PM
There's only one person to truely blame for this Ben hoopla...

ARIANS!!!!

Hammer67
03-22-2010, 02:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-mike_tomlin_concerned_about_roethlisberger_franchi se_html-2010320&prov=nfp&type=lgns

The sexual assault investigation surrounding Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger(notes) is a very serious matter.

His freedom, reputation and NFL career are all at stake.

So, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is understandably worried about the situation.

"Iím highly concerned for our franchise and for Ben personally," Tomlin told the NFL Network.

Per the report, Tomlin wasnít inclined to being expansive on his remarks since itís a legal matter.

Roethlisberger has been accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old female in Milledgeville, Ga.

"My concerns are many, but I think at this time itís kind of appropriate to watch these things and let these things run their course," Tomlin said. "I think it would be inappropriate for me to have strong feelings one way or another with the investigation being ongoing and so forth. Like everyone else, you watch these things unfold."

Roethlisberger hasnít been charged with a crime and his high-profile lawyer, Ed Garland, has stated that his client hasnít committed a criminal act.

Roethlisberger has reportedly acknowledged to team officials that he had a consensual sexual encounter with the woman, but didnít have intercourse with her, according to a KDKA television report

Haha....I think of Clinton when I read this. I wonder if there is a DNA stained dress as evidence? :wink02:

CantStop85
03-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Commish to meet with Roethlisberger

By James Walker

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday at the owners meetings that he will meet with Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and that he takes the legal situation "very seriously." Here is more from Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Roethlisberger is facing an allegation of sexual assault in Milledgeville, Ga. To this point, no charges have been filed.

Earlier Monday, Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert said the team has no intentions to draft an elite quarterback.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/10825/commish-to-meet-with-roethlisberger

Shoes
03-22-2010, 02:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/10825/commish-to-meet-with-roethlisberger

Maybe Ben will buy Goodell a shot and a beer :chuckle:

Fire Haley
03-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Don't be cheap

Ben should take the commish to a strip club for the meeting - buy him a couple shots and a table dance.

Prok
03-22-2010, 02:52 PM

ARIANS!!!!

F'n aye. I can totally hop on that bandwagon. in fact, i already did quite a while ago.

:chuckle:

:tt:

GodfatherofSoul
03-22-2010, 03:01 PM

ARIANS!!!!

Well it does look like Ben has problems making passes at wide receivers.

stillers4me
03-22-2010, 03:11 PM
I find the whole thing hypocritical. Ben hasn't been charged with anything, yet the NFL can choose to punish him even if the chick gae him a BJ and then had buyers remorse. When it was Clinton, we were told to leave him alone, it's his private life and who cares, yada yada yada. Now we are holding professional atheletes to a higher standard than the POTUS.

pete74
03-22-2010, 03:30 PM
I find the whole thing hypocritical. Ben hasn't been charged with anything, yet the NFL can choose to punish him even if the chick gae him a BJ and then had buyers remorse. When it was Clinton, we were told to leave him alone, it's his private life and who cares, yada yada yada. Now we are holding professional atheletes to a higher standard than the POTUS.

there definatly held to a higher standard just like all pro athletes, military people, etc.. and they know that.

mesaSteeler
03-22-2010, 03:35 PM

I understand your frustration. Then again maybe it's Clinton's fault. I seem to remember that he or maybe some of his supporters at the time maintained that oral sex was not sex. I remember reading back then that educators were concerned that such an attitude would filter down into the junior high schools. Monica and Billy happened in 1995 and Ben would have been 13 at the time.

Then again the NFL is a business and not politics and Goodell is concerned how Ben's actions will besmirch both the league and one of it's most popular franchises. To bad Goddell didn't have the same attitude toward Belicheat.

Still no matter how you cut it nothing good can happen when a star athlete goes into a bathroom at 2:00 am with some chick he just met. I've been expecting that Goodell would take this action.

mesaSteeler
03-22-2010, 03:38 PM
'Concerned' Roger Goodell Plans to Meet With Ben Roethlisberger
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/22/concerned-goodell-plans-to-meet-with-roethlisberger/#cntnt
3/22/2010 2:19 PM ET By Dan Graziano

Ben RoethlisbergerORLANDO, Fla. -- In the clearest sign yet that the Steelers should plan to play at least part of the 2010 season without quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday in a news conference that he plans to meet with Roethlisberger about his latest sexual assault allegations.

"We're taking it very seriously," Goodell said between sessions at the annual league meetings. "We are concerned that Ben continues to put himself in this position. And at the appropriate time, I'll be meeting with Ben."

Regardless of how the legal situation or criminal charges play out, Goodell could suspend Roethlisberger under the league's personal conduct policy. And it's clear from Goodell's comments that the NFL is not happy to be dealing with a second such situation involving the same player in less than a year.

"I'm highly concerned for our franchise and for Ben, personally," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin told the NFL Network on Sunday. "My concerns are many."

Tomlin did say that he planned to let the situation play itself out before making any extensive comments, and that echoed the words of Steelers president Art Rooney II from a couple of days earlier.

"If we were at a different point in the year, we may have to be thinking about doing something different," Rooney told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette last week. "But at the moment, I think we're in a situation where we can let this situation play out and then go from there. We do have a little bit of luxury of time."

If Roethlisberger were to be suspended, Dennis Dixon would likely be the Steelers' starting quarterback. Pittsburgh might be comfortable with that arrangement if Roethlisberger's suspension were short, but if he's out for a lengthier period of time, that could spur the Steelers to pursue a quarterback with more experience.

klick81
03-22-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm all for suspending Ben if he's charged. However, it'll be a whole lotta BULLSH!T if he's suspended without charges being filed.

NEPAsteeler
03-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Well, I guess only time will tell what the Commish plans to do. Regardless of what ends up happening, Ben really does need to avoid putting himself into these situations.

Prok
03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm all for suspending Ben if he's charged. However, it'll be a whole lotta BULLSH!T if he's suspended without charges being filed.

I may be pessimistic here but I think he'll get a suspension even if he doesn't get charged. He'll get one just for putting himself in this situation for a second time, if for nothing else IMO.

And I still fully believe and expect charges are coming. Whether he's innocent or not. I don't think the authorities will let this high profile opportunity get swept under the rug. JMO, of course.

steelerdude15
03-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Yeah... he shouldn't be punished if he isn't charged with anything. If he is charged, then yes, a suspension is needed. To me, he is still innocent and I've been saying this along, innocent until proven guilty. The way it seems, he won't be charged with anything, which I hope he isn't.

tony hipchest
03-22-2010, 04:21 PM
I may be pessimistic here but I think he'll get a suspension even if he doesn't get charged. He'll get one just for putting himself in this situation for a second time, if for nothing else IMO.

And I still fully believe and expect charges are coming. Whether he's innocent or not. I don't think the authorities will let this high profile opportunity get swept under the rug. JMO, of course.the commish will have to suspend half the league for blowing a nut with a strange woman on 2 seperate occasions, then.

the union will nail the commish's ass to the wall if he tries to supend ben IMO.

NEPAsteeler
03-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Yeah... he shouldn't be punished if he isn't charged with anything. If he is charged, then yes, a suspension is needed. To me, he is still innocent and I've been saying this along, innocent until proven guilty. The way it seems, he won't be charged with anything, which I hope he isn't.

This IS Roger Goodell we're talking about. :banging:

steelerdude15
03-22-2010, 04:25 PM
This IS Roger Goodell we're talking about.
Very true.

fansince'76
03-22-2010, 04:42 PM
"We're taking it very seriously," Goodell said between sessions at the annual league meetings. "We are concerned that Ben continues to put himself in this position. And at the appropriate time, I'll be meeting with Ben."

"And we WILL be rewarding NE additional draft picks for this."

Eff you, Gooddeal. :upyours:

steelreserve
03-22-2010, 04:46 PM
the commish will have to suspend half the league for blowing a nut with a strange woman on 2 seperate occasions, then.

the union will nail the commish's ass to the wall if he tries to supend ben IMO.

Oh no, not the union. What will he ever do if he pisses off the union. Maybe they'll file some kind of grievance. Please no, anything but that.

You really expect him to worry about that the UNION says -- the same union that does nothing but trip over its own feet on this kind of thing? The union has basically sat there with its thumb up its ass for the past 2+ years of Goodell's "behavior crackdown" and is pretty much bending over on the 18-game season and a lot of other things like that. About the only thing they've succeeded at lately is defending Michael Vick's right to keep his signing bonus. Yes, I'm sure the commissioner is worried silly about how to defend his image against a union that comes off looking like it thinks rape and dogfighting are no big deal.

Trust me, the commissioner is going to do whatever the hell he feels like, and I wouldn't be surprised if it involves some kind of suspension. That's with or without any evidence, whether or not it creates a double standard, and whether or not it's fair. Haven't you heard? What's fair or a double standard is whatever Goodell says it is.

NEPAsteeler
03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Like I said, this IS Roger Goodell we're talking about.

Preacher
03-22-2010, 05:12 PM

Bingo.

Oh yeah, and if he is charged, and convicted, he needs to sit a whole lot longer than Michael Vick ever did.

Forcing yourself on a woman is a much more serious crime than killing a dog.

pete74
03-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Bingo.

Oh yeah, and if he is charged, and convicted, he needs to sit a whole lot longer than Michael Vick ever did.

Forcing yourself on a woman is a much more serious crime than killing a dog.

actually its not in georgia. obviously if he raped her it would be but he didnt

GodfatherofSoul
03-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh no, not the union. What will he ever do if he pisses off the union. Maybe they'll file some kind of grievance. Please no, anything but that.

You really expect him to worry about that the UNION says -- the same union that does nothing but trip over its own feet on this kind of thing? The union has basically sat there with its thumb up its ass for the past 2+ years of Goodell's "behavior crackdown" and is pretty much bending over on the 18-game season and a lot of other things like that. About the only thing they've succeeded at lately is defending Michael Vick's right to keep his signing bonus. Yes, I'm sure the commissioner is worried silly about how to defend his image against a union that comes off looking like it thinks rape and dogfighting are no big deal.

Trust me, the commissioner is going to do whatever the hell he feels like, and I wouldn't be surprised if it involves some kind of suspension. That's with or without any evidence, whether or not it creates a double standard, and whether or not it's fair. Haven't you heard? What's fair or a double standard is whatever Goodell says it is.

Save your anti-union ideology for your workplace. NFL players have the best deal in pro sports.

Prok
03-22-2010, 08:23 PM
the commish will have to suspend half the league for blowing a nut with a strange woman on 2 seperate occasions, then.

I sure as hell hope youre right Tony. But I got a strong gut feeling on this one for some reason. I think Goodell will see this as Ben putting himself in this type of situation a second time and decide thats enough for him to send another strong message on player behavior.

I dunno, i just got this feeling that charges will be coming and we'll be looking at some sort of disciplinary actions. Someone stated earlier that Ben's lawyer could get the trial delayed until after next season. I was wondering how that would be possible??

What really sucks for us Steelers fans IMO is our FO and CS appears to have geared up for a 2 to 3 year window of SB runs. And I really fear that this whole Ben fiasco could very well end up undermining that. And no, i don't think we'd be in capable hands with Dennis Dixon as our QB short-term (especially NOT with BA as OC). Not saying DD can't develop into a franchise type QB either. just saying this team is built and geared to contend now.

I think many ppl are making the mistake in thinking another young QB can develop as fast as Ben did for us. Ben was the exception, not the rule IMO. Ya can't just plug in relatively in-experienced guys at the QB position and expect to contend immediately IMO.

Godfather
03-22-2010, 09:54 PM
You really expect him to worry about that the UNION says -- the same union that does nothing but trip over its own feet on this kind of thing? The union has basically sat there with its thumb up its ass for the past 2+ years of Goodell's "behavior crackdown"

It was the union that wanted the conduct policy in the first place. A lot of players were concerned about what the NBA's reputation for thuggery was doing to its popularity, and they didn't want the NFL to end up in the same position.

Shea
03-22-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't see Ben getting a suspension unless something major comes out about this case, even something beyond a criminal charge being brought against him.

Goodell is all about the health of this league, and the dollars it brings in, and taking Ben of the field is in a sense blowing up that concept.

This isn't a DB or WR we're talking about. This is the quarterback of a franchise that is one of the most popular, if not the most popular, franchise amongst the NFL. Taking him off the field is damaging and will hinder the success of the team. That's not good for Roger and the overall health of his money-making machine.

Look how he handled the Spygate situation. He knew he was dealing with destructive dynamite and chose to sweep it under the rug with a slap on the wrist as far as punishment goes because he knew how explosive it was. He knows and thrives on the NFL succeeding therefore I don't see him suspending Ben because of the damage that will do to the Steelers.

Think what you will about Batch and Dixon, but they aren't nearly as talented as BB and the Commish knows it as well. We lose Ben and our season is probably down the shitter.

It's all about promoting the "product" with this guy and the major bucks that come in are first and foremost. Sitting Ben isn't good for that product.

tony hipchest
03-22-2010, 10:48 PM
This isn't a DB or WR we're talking about. This is the quarterback of a franchise that is one of the most popular, if not the most popular, franchise amongst the NFL. Taking him off the field is damaging and will hinder the success of the team. That's not good for Roger and the overall health of his money-making machine.

.great point.

media is already acting like goodell having a stern talk with big ben is a sign of him bringing the hammer down.

all is well. goodell is twisted and and i beleive secretly despises the power and respect held by dan rooney, but he is wise enough to know who made his bed. he took his token action and can leave it in the hands of the team and the state of georgia.

goodeal stayed out of the santonio holmes situation, and i think he knows his distance on this one as well. the rooneys run the steelers... not him.

MACH1
03-22-2010, 10:56 PM
If it is a false charge against ben how big a fool would godell look like if he did prematurely suspend him. I think it would be wise of the comish to wait.

steelreserve
03-22-2010, 11:05 PM
It was the union that wanted the conduct policy in the first place. A lot of players were concerned about what the NBA's reputation for thuggery was doing to its popularity, and they didn't want the NFL to end up in the same position.

Well, that pretty much goes to show the same thing. I haven't seen the union busting Goodell's balls over conduct suspensions with no criminal conviction before, and I wouldn't expect them to start now.

Save your anti-union ideology for your workplace. NFL players have the best deal in pro sports.

dude.. you completely missed the point.

HometownGal
03-23-2010, 06:04 AM
I don't see Ben getting a suspension unless something major comes out about this case, even something beyond a criminal charge being brought against him.

Goodell is all about the health of this league, and the dollars it brings in, and taking Ben of the field is in a sense blowing up that concept.

Look how he handled the Spygate situation. He knew he was dealing with destructive dynamite and chose to sweep it under the rug with a slap on the wrist as far as punishment goes because he knew how explosive it was. He knows and thrives on the NFL succeeding therefore I don't see him suspending Ben because of the damage that will do to the Steelers.

Think what you will about Batch and Dixon, but they aren't nearly as talented as BB and the Commish knows it as well. We lose Ben and our season is probably down the shitter.

It's all about promoting the "product" with this guy and the major bucks that come in are first and foremost. Sitting Ben isn't good for that product.

:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

Excellent post and I couldn't have said it better myself. :drink:

Goodell isn't going to cut off his nose to spite his face. He's already a buffoon but if he actually suspends Ben, he's a mindless fool.

zulater
03-23-2010, 06:30 AM

I don't think the league or Rooney can allow Ben to be the face of the franchise, so to speak, if he's got felony charges hanging over him. As for now, no charges no problem, but the day felony charges are filed ( which hopefully never happens) is the day the league or team will have to step in ( imo) and grant Ben some form of leave of absense until his charges are successfully resolved.

PalmerSteel
03-23-2010, 08:42 AM
i disagree some, i think best case scenario at this point, ben gets talked to, maybe small fine, no suspension, and gets put on some type of short term conduct probation, just for putting himself in those "situations" multiple times and in a way makes an example out of it. well, we all know worse case scenario - bens gets charged, convicted, sentanced and the steelers say "buh-bye".

siss
03-23-2010, 09:10 AM
I don't think the league or Rooney can allow Ben to be the face of the franchise, so to speak, if he's got felony charges hanging over him. As for now, no charges no problem, but the day felony charges are filed ( which hopefully never happens) is the day the league or team will have to step in ( imo) and grant Ben some form of leave of absense until his charges are successfully resolved.

We have no idea if he is looking at a felony or a misdemeanor charge. I think someone on here said that in Georgia sexual assault was a misdemeanor except in the most serious cases.

Dino 6 Rings
03-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Bricka Bracka
Fire Cracka
Shish Koom bah

Bugs Bunny
Bugs Bunny
Rah Rah Rah!!!

Fire Haley
03-23-2010, 10:06 AM
We have no idea if he is looking at a felony or a misdemeanor charge. I think someone on here said that in Georgia sexual assault was a misdemeanor except in the most serious cases.

While this is no murder trial, any court outcome that would label Ben a convicted felon or sex offender would probably be enough to end his career in Pittsburgh.

GodfatherofSoul
03-23-2010, 10:33 AM
If he's innocent, I hope he fights this. I hate it when the DA tries to save face and offers one of those "sign this ambiguous statement and we'll drop charges" deal.

zulater
03-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by zulater
I don't think the league or Rooney can allow Ben to be the face of the franchise, so to speak, if he's got felony charges hanging over him. As for now, no charges no problem, but the day felony charges are filed ( which hopefully never happens) is the day the league or team will have to step in ( imo) and grant Ben some form of leave of absense until his charges are successfully resolved

That's why I underlined the word felony before the word charges.

Again if no charges are brought against Ben then I don't think Goodell has a leg to stand on as far as meting out any form of punishment to Ben. The union shouldn't and wouldn't allow it.

If some form of misdemeanor charges are brought against him I would imagine no action would be taken by the league or team until there was some resolution to the charges. I couldn't see either forbiding Ben to perform his job if at worst he was facing minor charges.

Of course I find it highly unlikey that he'll be charged for anying less than a felony if charges are in fact coming. You don't put that much time and effort into trying to make a case against someone who at worst gets a slap on the wrist.

And again if Ben is charged with felony sexual assualt he has to be given a forced ( paid) leave of absense until his case is fully adjudicated. While it's true that Ben is entitled to a presumption of innocence by legal standards, you just can't put that out on the field on Sundays.

zulater
03-23-2010, 12:16 PM
While this is no murder trial, any court outcome that would label Ben a convicted felon or sex offender would probably be enough to end his career in Pittsburgh.

Yep. Convicted being the key word of course. I've seen some suggest that Ben would be released if charged. No way, he's too valuable an assett to let go like that.

zulater
03-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Perhaps the most remarkable thing about this whole investigation is that to date, as far as I know, no one really even knows what Ben's accuser is specifically alleging? You would think at this point there woud be some solid leads pertinent to what her allegations actually are?

WH
03-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Perhaps the most remarkable thing about this whole investigation is that to date, as far as I know, no one really even knows what Ben's accuser is specifically alleging? You would think at this point there woud be some solid leads pertinent to what her allegations actually are?

You would think that if she went the hospital immediately to get evidence extracted from a crevace they would have the smoking gun within a week.

I personally don't think they have a damn thing, they know it, and they're too ashamed to admit it.

And what is this everyone is saying about ''putting himself in this situation twice''? The first time he had sex with a woman it took her almost a YEAR to accuse anything. From what it appears it was completely mutual.

This whole thing smells worse than that VIP Bathroom floor.

7/39/43
03-23-2010, 02:54 PM
i think she went down on him. he promised to take her home when he was done he said see ya she got mad. get over it happens alot

pete74
03-23-2010, 02:57 PM
i think she went down on him. he promised to take her home when he was done he said see ya she got mad. get over it happens alot

then she fell down and bumped her head on the sink

7/39/43
03-23-2010, 02:59 PM
then she fell down and bumped her head on the sink
:doh:yep that's it! CASE CLOSED!:tt04:

Prok
03-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Just seen preview on Cleveland news station " Big Ben in big trouble, coming up on 5 o'clock news". Figured i'd check in here, only to see nothing new happened?

Indo
03-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Everybody keeps talking about the Commish and how he can't do anything to Ben (invoke any disciplinary action) if Ben isn't convicted of a crime.

This is simply NOT true.

Adam Schefter reported on Sports Center today (on TV and,therefore, I can't provide any link) that Ben's actions are subject to the NFL Personal Conduct Policy (which, incidentally, I agree with...these guys are public figures who represent a large organization and they should be held to higher standards, especially given the fact that many children see them as idols and even heroes...). Anywho...

Here is the policy----(I added the boldface for emphasis)

"It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime. Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances: Criminal offenses including, but not limited to, those involving: the use or threat of violence; domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft and other property crimes; sex offenses. Apart from any disciplinary action, persons arrested, charged or otherwise appearing to have engaged in conduct prohibited under this policy will be required to undergo a formal clinical evaluation. Based on the results of that evaluation, the person may be encouraged or required to participate in an education program, counseling or other treatment deemed appropriate by health professionals."

Ben is subject to disciplinary action by the League. I suspect, however, that the Rooneys will remain classy and take it upon themselves to discipline him as they see fit (as far as a 1 or 2 game suspension, maybe? I'm guessing here. Perhaps Gooddeal will make him go to counseling?)

Prok
03-23-2010, 03:38 PM
You would think that if she went the hospital immediately to get evidence extracted from a crevace they would have the smoking gun within a week.

I personally don't think they have a damn thing, they know it, and they're too ashamed to admit it.

And what is this everyone is saying about ''putting himself in this situation twice''? The first time he had sex with a woman it took her almost a YEAR to accuse anything. From what it appears it was completely mutual.

This whole thing smells worse than that VIP Bathroom floor.

I damn sure hope and pray you are right.

IMO he DID put himself in this situation TWICE though. If i was being sued (civilly) in Nevada for this crap then went into a bathroom with a girl in Georgia some 8 months later i'd damn sure be kicking myself in the ass. He had to have been aware a situation like this could, at the least, be possible when he knowingly went into that bathroom with the girl. I'm one of the biggest Ben fans there is WH, but come on that is piss poor judgement to say the least, wouldn't ya think ?

*EDIT* And as far as the "smoking gun" they have to have some of Ben's DNA to compare, which he hasn't provided yet?

steelreserve
03-23-2010, 03:47 PM

Nah, more like he promised he wouldn't blow a load in her mouth and then he did anyway. That seems more suited to a bathroom stall.

fansince'76
03-23-2010, 03:54 PM
....as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful....

Except if your last name is Belichick. Then all you get is a fine which is well within your financial means to pay. :yawn:

pete74
03-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Everybody keeps talking about the Commish and how he can't do anything to Ben (invoke any disciplinary action) if Ben isn't convicted of a crime.

This is simply NOT true.

Adam Schefter reported on Sports Center today (on TV and,therefore, I can't provide any link) that Ben's actions are subject to the NFL Personal Conduct Policy (which, incidentally, I agree with...these guys are public figures who represent a large organization and they should be held to higher standards, especially given the fact that many children see them as idols and even heroes...). Anywho...

"It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime. Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances: Criminal offenses including, but not limited to, those involving: the use or threat of violence; domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft and other property crimes; sex offenses. Apart from any disciplinary action, persons arrested, charged or otherwise appearing to have engaged in conduct prohibited under this policy will be required to undergo a formal clinical evaluation. Based on the results of that evaluation, the person may be encouraged or required to participate in an education program, counseling or other treatment deemed appropriate by health professionals."

Ben is subject to disciplinary action by the League. I suspect, however, that the Rooneys will remain classy and take it upon themselves to discipline him as they see fit (as far as a 1 or 2 game suspension, maybe? I'm guessing here. Perhaps Gooddeal will make him go to counseling?)

i agree he should go to counseling. hopefully it will help him make better decisions in the future so he can go down in history as a great qb instead of a hibitual women abuser. he is a great qb and we need him on our team but 1 more incident and i gurentee he will be gone

Sharkissle29
03-23-2010, 04:50 PM
i saw the end of an ESPN sports ticker about Roethlisberger and DNA....did anyone catch what it all said??

Sharkissle29
03-23-2010, 05:01 PM
i saw the end of an ESPN sports ticker about Roethlisberger and DNA....did anyone catch what it all said??

Ill answer my own question, Georgia police don't want a DNA sample from Roethlisberger.

This has got to be a good thing right?

steeldawg
03-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Ill answer my own question, Georgia police don't want a DNA sample from Roethlisberger.

I would think it's a good thing.....

SteelCityMom
03-23-2010, 05:09 PM

Yeah, it sounds like it should be a good thing, but they're not offering up much info as to why they aren't demanding his DNA.

Source: DNA request dropped

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has withdrawn its request for a DNA sample from Ben Roethlisberger, according a source familiar with the investigation.

No reason was given as to why the GBI has withdrawn its request or when it did so. When asked what this means in terms of the status of the investigation of Roethlisberger, GBI public information officer John Bankhead declined to comment.

When asked how this would affect the timetable on when the GBI and the Milledgeville police department will complete their investigation and submit their case to the district attorney, so the DA's office can decide whether it will seek to press charges against Roethlisberger, Bankhead said, "I don't know. I'd have to have my crystal ball out but I don't have it with me."

When asked what the GBI withdrawing its request for a DNA sample for Ben Roethlisberger meant to the case, Lee Parks, an attorney for the accuser, said, "We're not commenting on the investigation. It's not our place to do that."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5022501

Sharkissle29
03-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah, it sounds like it should be a good thing, but they're not offering up much info as to why they aren't demanding his DNA.

Source: DNA request dropped

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has withdrawn its request for a DNA sample from Ben Roethlisberger, according a source familiar with the investigation.

No reason was given as to why the GBI has withdrawn its request or when it did so. When asked what this means in terms of the status of the investigation of Roethlisberger, GBI public information officer John Bankhead declined to comment.

When asked how this would affect the timetable on when the GBI and the Milledgeville police department will complete their investigation and submit their case to the district attorney, so the DA's office can decide whether it will seek to press charges against Roethlisberger, Bankhead said, "I don't know. I'd have to have my crystal ball out but I don't have it with me."

When asked what the GBI withdrawing its request for a DNA sample for Ben Roethlisberger meant to the case, Lee Parks, an attorney for the accuser, said, "We're not commenting on the investigation. It's not our place to do that."

no one seems to be willing to say anything, lol

SteelCityMom
03-23-2010, 05:13 PM
According to an article from the 19th, the PI's investigation is nearing it's close...so that mixed with the fact that they aren't needing a DNA sample may be very good news for Ben and the Steelers.

PI says investigation nearing completion

The criminal defense investigator hired by the team of lawyers representing Ben Roethlisberger after an allegation that he sexually assaulted a college student says he expects his investigation to wrap up "in the next couple of weeks."

Charles Mittelstadt told ESPN's Kelly Naqi in a phone interview that he expects "the bulk of our investigation" to be completed in that timeframe. "After that, we would be pursuing the odd lead here or there and revisiting aspects of our investigation that might require some more clarity," Mittelstadt told Naqi.

Georgia police are investigating an allegation brought by a 20-year-old college student that she was sexually assaulted by Roethlisberger, 28, in a Milledgeville, Ga., bar. Roethlisberger's attorney, Ed Garland, has said the two-time Super Bowl winner for the Pittsburgh Steelers has committed no crime.

Steelers president Art Rooney told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette the team will not make any decisions regarding Roethlisberger's future with the team until the investigation is over.

"I mean, look that's one of the things, we do have a little bit of luxury of time," Rooney told the paper. "If we were at a different point in the year we may have to be thinking and doing something different. But at the moment, I think we're in a situation we're going to let this investigation play out and then go from there."

Mittelstadt told Naqi that he is using "folks that would blend into the student population" as part of the investigation. Asked if the people are students, Miittlestadt said: "Nope, just young enough to blend into the student population and that's all I'm going to say."

Mittelstadt, an investigator for 20 years, says members of his investigative team were on the scene in Milledgeville "immediately" after Garland was retained by Roethlisberger "and we've had a consistent presence there since." He also worked with Garland in a case involving Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, when Lewis was charged with murder after two men were stabbed to death outside of an Atlanta nightclub.

Mittelstadt wouldn't go into specifics on the investigation, but said "we're missing a few pieces but overall, the picture is becoming pretty complete."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5006803

steeldawg
03-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Well if there is no Dna evidence then this turns into a he said she said right? I mean what other form of evidence could they possibly have if the 2 were supposedly alone when the assualt took place.

Nadroj 20
03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Yea with out wanting a DNA test from Ben, it seems like that is a good thing.

vasteeler
03-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Nah, more like he promised he wouldn't blow a load in her mouth and then he did anyway. That seems more suited to a bathroom stall.

:rofl:

steeldawg
03-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Well Espn hyped it up but told us nothing. lol

steelreserve
03-23-2010, 05:25 PM

I'm not so sure it matters. Nobody's disputing that there was a BJ, just why.

Either way, unless there's something I haven't heard about, it still looks like this case is going nowhere.

Merchant
03-23-2010, 05:25 PM
How long can it possibly take to complete this kind of investigation? What can they POSSIBLY be doing? Interview a couple of witnesses, examine the "crime scene", check out the security cameras and voila. No way does all that take a month.

tony hipchest
03-23-2010, 05:26 PM

This is simply NOT true.

adam schefter followed up that without an actual charge the commish can do no more than send him to some counciling, have him monitored, and wave a finger at him. :nono:

zulater
03-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Yea with out wanting a DNA test from Ben, it seems like that is a good thing.

It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to obtain a search warrant for a sample from a judge and were denied. The moment I saw they wanted to talk to McNulty I got the feeling they were grasping at straws and the evidence that a crime was commited just might not be there after all. :tap:

steeldawg
03-23-2010, 05:29 PM
How long can it possibly take to complete this kind of investigation? What can they POSSIBLY be doing? Interview a couple of witnesses, examine the "crime scene", check out the security cameras and voila. No way does all that take a month.

Seems like a witch hunt.

zulater
03-23-2010, 05:31 PM
:rofl:

Well they did have Roger Cossack come on and all but declare Ben guilty, as he's done right from the start. I guess it's pretty evident why Roger is no longer practicing law.

F'ing douchebag. :mad:

Nadroj 20
03-23-2010, 05:31 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to obtain a search warrant for a sample from a judge and were denied. The moment I saw they wanted to talk to McNulty I got the feeling they were grasping at straws and the evidence that a crime was commited just might not be there after all. :tap:

Good, im ready for this crap to be over and hope your assumptions are correct. :tt04:

steeldawg
03-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Well they did have Roger Cossack come on and all but declare Ben guilty, as he's done right from the start. I guess it's pretty evident why Roger is no longer practicing law.

F'ing douchebag. :mad:

Ya really what is his deal? He basically said if the GBI dropped the investigation they would be laying down. Or maybe roger it means he did not commit a crime :noidea:

Shoes
03-23-2010, 05:43 PM
never-mind

7/39/43
03-23-2010, 05:46 PM

you mean a GLORY HOLE:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

pete74
03-23-2010, 05:49 PM
i never understood the point of them wanting dna since they both agree they were in the bathroom together. it was pointless from my standpoint and i cant see how it would of changed anything. she is saying ben assulted her, they admit they were together and had sexual contact. were does dna fit in here?

steeldawg
03-23-2010, 05:55 PM
i never understood the point of them wanting dna since they both agree they were in the bathroom together. it was pointless from my standpoint and i cant see how it would of changed anything. she is saying ben assulted her, they admit they were together and had sexual contact. were does dna fit in here?

Well i think it would fit in because there were no dna samples to compare to ...no semen, no blood,no skin under the finger nails , nothing thats points to any signs of a struggle.

7/39/43
03-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by pete74
i never understood the point of them wanting dna since they both agree they were in the bathroom together. she is saying ben assulted her, they admit they were together and had sexual contact. were does dna fit in here?

the Digestive System

pete74
03-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by pete74
i never understood the point of them wanting dna since they both agree they were in the bathroom together. she is saying ben assulted her, they admit they were together and had sexual contact. were does dna fit in here?

the Digestive System

what????? and how would that effect the case? last i checked a blowjob was legal

tony hipchest
03-23-2010, 06:17 PM
what????? and how would that effect the case? last i checked a blowjob was legalit depends. in some states jammin it in the poop chute is still illegal.

and i think in some states a jobber is considered sodomy. :noidea:

Shoes
03-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Hope Ben's attorney is right.

Roethlisberger's attorney Garland predicts his client will be cleared.

"Pittsburgh's citizens should know that I fully intend to watch Ben continue to play football this season, hopefully with him in the Super Bowl," he said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_673061.html

tony hipchest
03-23-2010, 06:18 PM
garland is a steelerfan! :jammin: :tt02:

7/39/43
03-23-2010, 06:21 PM
what????? and how would that effect the case? last i checked a blowjob was legal

she didn't have to do it, hey if she offers why not! Just like any of us he took advantage of it. So WHO'S THE **** NOW Biatch!
Maybe She wasn't expecting Big Ben to be BIG BEN:toofunny:

ok now before the mods get upset
Please forgive me LOL!

pete74
03-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Hope Ben's attorney is right.

"Pittsburgh's citizens should know that I fully intend to watch Ben continue to play football this season, hopefully with him in the Super Bowl," he said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_673061.html

i personally think ben will not ever be found guilty of sexual assult but i wouldnt put much stock in what his attorney says because there isnt a defense attorney in the country that wouldnt say there client is innocent. if he was saying ben may be found guilty he is admitting his client was in the wrong so of course he is going to say he is innocent

pete74
03-23-2010, 06:22 PM
she didn't have to do it, hey if she offers why not! Just like any of us he took advantage of it. So WHO'S THE **** NOW Biatch!
Maybe She wasn't expecting Big Ben to be BIG BEN:toofunny:

ok now before the mods get upset
Please forgive me LOL!

maybe its me but i do not understand what you just said. were is the crime? you lost me my man

steelerdude15
03-23-2010, 06:24 PM
last i checked a blowjob was legal
It's illegal here in Maryland, but like anyone listens. :yeehaw:

pete74
03-23-2010, 06:30 PM
It's illegal here in Maryland, but like anyone listens. :yeehaw:

wow, good thing i never got caught all those summers down in ocean city

tony hipchest
03-23-2010, 06:33 PM
It's illegal here in Maryland, but like anyone listens. :yeehaw:somebody better tell the ravens. they been suckin dick for almost 20 years. :toofunny:

mesaSteeler
03-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Roethlisberger situation and Troy Polamalu
March 23, 5:27 PMPittsburgh Sports Examine
rMatt Pawlikowski
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2010m3d23-Steelers-Mike-Tomlin-speaks-out-about-Roethlisberger-situation-and-Troy-Polamalu

Mike Tomlin is a quote machine, and for a second year in a row reporters flocked to him at the Annual NFL owners meetings.

But unlike in 2009, when it was about being the youngest coach to win a Super Bowl, this time, as expected, he was barraged by questions about his signal caller Ben Roethlisberger.

"I've had pretty fluid contact with him like I always do, of course these are a different set of consequences,' Tomlin said. "I think we've been pretty clear as an organization in terms to this matter at this point. I really have nothing to further add as nothing has changed in terms to the investigation. We are in a wait and see mode like everyone else. By no means is it it comfortable, but such is life."

Tomlin said he found out about the situation from Roethlisberger himself, but would not discuss whether he was disappointed or frustrated about it.

"My degree of disappointment is irrelevant," Tomlin said. " It's kind of like during the season when you ask me to express my degree of frustration about the season, it doesn't solve the situation. I learned to be kind of a flat liner and let things play out like they should."

He did however state that everyone involved in the NFL, especially the Steelers are held to a higher standard.

"All of us whether an R-4 on kickoff, it doesn't matter," Tomlin said. "We are all fortunate and blessed enough to be part of the NFL, specifically the Pittsburgh Steelers in our case, and there is a high standard that comes with that.

"I think it's well known that we're very, very conscious about how we do business," Tomlin said. "We have a very high concern about our image and how we conduct ourselves that I think is above and beyond our peers, and we embrace that."

Tomlin said that he expects Roethlisberger to show up on March 29th when veterans report to OTA's.

"The off season program started March the 15th, and we have a rolling report date," Tomlin said. " I generally start the practice squad guys and backups first. The 500 snap guys reported yesterday and the 1000 snap guys including, Ben report on the 29th, so we will see where we are at then."

Should Roethlisberger not be able to go, the big question is who will be behind center taking snaps? Dennis Dixon is the only other quarterback currently on the roster. The team is looking to possibly re-sign Byron Leftwich, if he is released from the Buccaneers, and also may bring back Charlie Batch.

But for now, Tomlin says there are no contingency plans.

"We don' necessarily have a time frame," Tomlin said in regards to making a decision on a backup quarterback. "It's early in this process and we'll let it run its course, and go from there. I hope it doesn't come to that, but we will see."

Asked if he thinks the pending case will be a distraction to the team, Tomlin had this to say.

"It's only a distraction if we lose," Tomlin said. "In the years I've been in this league, I've learned to embrace what people call distractions. Distractions come with being successful.Teams that are elite teams find ways to overcome those things. Teams that lose, then some of the things you deal with become distractions. We'll see how we deal with it."

Tomlin also said that safety Troy Polamalu is progressing well, and should be back for some of the teams OTA's.

mesaSteeler
03-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Police: Roethlisberger's DNA not needed ó no evidence to compare
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_673061.html
By Carl Prine and Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, March 23, 2010

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. ó Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger does not need to provide a DNA sample to Georgia authorities investigating allegations that he sexually assaulted a college student.

There's no DNA to compare.

Officials at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation on Tuesday confirmed that attorney Edward T.M. Garland of Atlanta offered to provide a sample of Roethlisberger's DNA in connection with the alleged sexual assault of a 20-year-old student in a nightclub restroom early March 5. But police told the lawyer they didn't need it.

"Based on everything that I know and our own investigation, I believe that no charges should be filed in this case," said Garland, a highly regarded attorney.

"I have made it a policy not to comment on the facts of this case. I will adhere to that until this investigation runs its course or the authorities bring charges. We are continuing to inform the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and to cooperate with them in their investigation."

A team of GBI investigators is concentrating full-time on proving or refuting the George College & State University sophomore's allegations. She told Milledgeville police around 2:30 a.m. March 5 that Roethlisberger, 28, assaulted her in a small staff restroom near a "VIP" room in the Capital City dance club.

For three weeks, investigators have followed up leads that tied the woman to Roethlisberger at several bars and the nightclub from about 10 p.m. March 4. Roethlisberger owns a home about 30 miles away in Lake Oconee.

The Tribune-Review does not name alleged victims of sexual abuse. Shortly after Milledgeville police officers took her statement claiming that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her, the accuser was treated at Oconee Regional Medical Center and released.

Attorney Lee Parks of Atlanta, who represents the woman, did not return messages seeking comment.

The allegations emerged as Roethlisberger fights a rape allegation filed in Nevada civil court by a female hotel worker in Lake Tahoe. Roethlisberger, who was not charged with a crime, publicly denied any wrongdoing in that case.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation officials decline to discuss details of the Milledgeville case, until District Attorney Fred Bright decides whether to prosecute or punt.

GBI Inspector Sherry Lang said the Roethlisberger investigation is an "active case" and they're not trying to convict Roethlisberger or exonerate him.

"We're fact finders," she said. "The truth is that facts lead us to some things and other facts lead us to another thing. But we're in the business of fact finding."

A lack of DNA evidence doesn't necessarily mean a sexual assault didn't occur, but it removes potentially key pieces of evidence for a prosecution.

"We can infer, with some certainty, that they have nothing at all that would be male ejaculate, semen, that would be a stain on clothing or any swabs taken from the lady," said famed Squirrel Hill forensic pathologist Dr Cyril Wecht. "Remember Monica Lewinsky's dress? We don't have that kind of thing now.

"Now, medically and legally, this doesn't mean that rape or another form of assault didn't take place. But in the absence of DNA, if they did the proper workup, it markedly could weaken what was a case."

A lack of scientific evidence could hurt later at a trial, said Loyola Marymount law professor Laurie Levenson, a former federal prosecutor.

"We're living in the generation that watches 'CSI' on television," Levenson said. "They've grown to expect that there will be physical evidence."

In the wake of false sexual assault accusations against the Duke lacrosse team and other high-profile cases, Levenson said prosecutors are prudent to take their time and "answer all the key questions that remain."

"Look, these cases often come down to 'he said' and 'she said.' It's often difficult for jurors in those kinds of cases to know what to believe," said Levenson, who teaches legal ethics. "That doesn't mean that a crime didn't take place. It just means that sorting through the evidence can be difficult for people, and this is complicated when there's the presence of a celebrity."

The Steelers aren't quite as sure.

"We're in a wait-and-see mode like everyone else," coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday at the National Football League owners' meetings in Orlando.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has said he plans to meet with Roethlisberger. He said the NFL is concerned "that Ben keeps putting himself in this position."

The NFL's personal conduct policy allows Goodell to suspend players, order them to seek treatment, or both ó even if they have not committed a crime.

Tomlin said Roethlisberger's predicament is particularly disappointing for the Steelers.

"I think it's well known that we're very, very conscious about how we do business, that we're very highly concerned about our image, perception, how we conduct ourselves, our standards of conduct," Tomlin said. "I think it's above and beyond that of our peers, and we embrace that."

Tomlin said he stays in daily contact with Roethlisberger, who is keeping a low-profile in Pittsburgh.

Tomlin declined to discuss the nature of their conversations.

7/39/43
03-23-2010, 06:44 PM
maybe its me but i do not understand what you just said. were is the crime? you lost me my man

where did you get lost bud?
she offered a bj he took her up on it she got upset oh well no crime in my book!
as for the BIG BEN THiNG maybe she thought he was SMALLer
A normal hetro male would jump a no frills bj offer in a heart beat but in this case the frills is accusations

mesaSteeler
03-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Big Ben's Former Coaches Say Stories Don't Fit
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/23/former-coaches-notice-worrisome-changes-in-big-ben/
3/23/2010 12:00 PM ET By Pat McManamon
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Two of Ben Roethlisberger's former coaches have read about the sexual assault allegations against the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback.

They maintain the guy the stories they've reading about do not seem in line with the Roethlisberger they knew in high school and college.

"It's not the same guy I've known for the last five or six years," said Shane Montgomery (pictured), Roethlisberger's position coach and offensive coordinator at Miami (Ohio) University.

"Ben was a great kid," said Cliff Hite, his high school coach in Findlay, Ohio, and now a member of the Ohio House of Representatives. "He came from a great family."

Hite also said that he's had barely any contact with Roethlisberger since he won his first Super Bowl for the Steelers in 2006.

"I don't want to tell you that, but ..." Hite said.

The reason? Roethlisberger drifted from his hometown.

"His mom and dad moved to Pittsburgh," Hite said. "His sister is in Oklahoma. I've got a new job. I've just not had a lot of contact with the family anymore.

"I talked to his dad after the second Super Bowl (2009). When Ben comes to Findlay, he comes unannounced. Our paths just haven't crossed."

Montgomery does keep in touch with Roethlisberger, mainly through text messages. He did not want to get too much into the recent situation because he hadn't talked to him.

"Certain things happen and you just have to put yourself in the right positions," Montgomery said.

Hite said any advice he'd offer would be private.

"Ben is 28 years old and has to make his own decisions," Hite said. "I just hope he makes the right ones."

The decisions that led to Roethlisberger being in the position he's in started when he was introduced to a housing community around Lake Oconee by Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.

Arians owns a house there -- along with other college coaches. Folks quip that most of the residents are getting up in age -- except Roethlisberger. He bought his lakeside house for the same reason as the coaches -- it afforded him a nice place (listings online go from $500,000 all the way to $6 million in the many communities) and privacy. Roethlisberger's "mansion" is far from the largest house on the lake, but it's also very nice. During one of his visits prior to the first weekend in March, he spent time at the community clubhouse, where folks enjoyed drinks at a piano bar.

He returned a few weeks later with a group of friends to celebrate his birthday. The night ended in Milledgeville, where Roethlisberger was joined by two off-duty Pittsburgh area police officers. A friend credited Roethlisberger for traveling with those two as his bodyguards, but even they have come under scrutiny. One FanHouse story quoted a bar patron saying someone in Roethlisberger's group was standing watch at the bathroom door where the alleged assault took place.

Stories like these always bring out other tales, some believable, others not. The fact a civil suit also has been filed against Roethlisberger for sexual assault has led to chatter about his treatment of women. But a source close to Roethlisberger said the quarterback was "torn up" about the first charge and shocked another might be coming.

Why did Roethlisberger go to Milledgeville, a small town that is home to the state's largest mental health hospital, literary icon Flannery O'Connor and Georgia College and State University? Because it's the only real town near the Lake. Milledgeville once was the state capital, and its downtown is lined with antebellum buildings.

"If you want to go out," one friend of the quarterback said, "you go to Milledgeville or the piano bar."

Prok
03-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Alright you legal eagles here i got a question for ya:

Since they don't need Ben's DNA and have no DNA to compare, what does it all mean with reguards to this case ??

mesaSteeler
03-23-2010, 07:06 PM

Since they don't need Ben's DNA and have no DNA to compare, what does it all mean with reguards to this case ??

It means this

"We can infer, with some certainty, that they have nothing at all that would be male ejaculate, semen, that would be a stain on clothing or any swabs taken from the lady," said famed Squirrel Hill forensic pathologist Dr Cyril Wecht. "Remember Monica Lewinsky's dress? We don't have that kind of thing now.

"Now, medically and legally, this doesn't mean that rape or another form of assault didn't take place. But in the absence of DNA, if they did the proper workup, it markedly could weaken what was a case."

tony hipchest
03-23-2010, 07:08 PM

thats all irrelevant now... we finally have the true culprit to blame-

The decisions that led to Roethlisberger being in the position he's in started when he was introduced to a housing community around Lake Oconee by Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.

I KNEW IT!!!!

:sofunny:

Prok
03-23-2010, 07:12 PM
thats all irrelevant now... we finally have the true culprit to blame-

I KNEW IT!!!!

:sofunny:

LMAO

Maybe NOW coach Tomlin will finally see the light and fire BA's sorry ass.

Fire Haley
03-23-2010, 07:14 PM
They all know she swallowed the evidence.

Prok
03-23-2010, 07:15 PM
It means this

So i'm going to cling to the idea that this is finally some VERY good news for Ben and our beloved football team?

:tt: :tt:

Fire Haley
03-23-2010, 07:17 PM
If she didn't spit - you must acquit.

Prok
03-23-2010, 07:18 PM
They all know she swallowed the evidence.

<insert drums here>

:drink:

tony hipchest
03-23-2010, 07:32 PM
RIMSHOT!

klick81
03-23-2010, 07:34 PM
If she didn't spit - you must acquit.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Quagmire-family-guy-684483_1024_768.gif

Curtain_of_Steel
03-23-2010, 07:50 PM
They are not requesting a dna sample anymore.

joeyssteelcurtain
03-23-2010, 07:53 PM
So what does that mean?

twelvegauge
03-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Hello, i'm not a Steeler fan. I am a die-hard Saints fan. Although i do like your team. But i wanted to write to you fans to make sure you guys understand what is about to happen to Ben. So when it does happen you won't be shocked and caught off guard.

Every States Law's are different.This is some I hate, I think all Laws should be unified regardless of where you cause crime. In the State of Georgia crimes against women if you are a Man thats being accused is very serious even more so than most states. A womans word is treated almost like biblical, if she says you did something then you did it, guilty until proven innocent..A allegation by a female in the State of Georgia can send you to prison. Notice I said ALLEGATION.

I'm not going to say this is what's going to happen but this is a even if: Even if the Police were to say they find no evidence to charge Ben, Ben will still end up being indicted anyway by the DA. Because in Georgia the DA will do whatever the alledged victim tells them to do. So in other words there is about a 100% chance Ben will be indicted at some point.

Don't believe me? ask Charles Grant of the Saints- he was in a night club in Georgia about 18-24 months ago(I don't know how many of you heard this) and a fight broke out, to make this story short a young woman ended up being killed outside the night club...The Georgia Police investigated and found that Charles Grant had nothing to do with the fight or whatever happened afterwards, they made a public on tv conference and said they concluded their case and were not going to charge Grant with anything. A week later Charles Grant was indicted by the State of Georgia.

I had it happen to me, so I speak from experience. You have the Police/ and then DA
not the same people.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-23-2010, 07:56 PM
IMO they have no evidence to match BB's dna too.

T&B fan
03-23-2010, 08:01 PM
and the cracks are starting to show up now ..

Prok
03-23-2010, 08:01 PM
IMO they have no evidence to match BB's dna too.

Thats how it was explained to me. It MUST be good for Big Ben because I have yet to hear a peep out of rival fans on this matter. Funny how this will go relatively un-noticed by court of public opinion.

HA!!

stillers4me
03-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Did you have Ben's lawyer?

stillers4me
03-23-2010, 08:05 PM
It's good to see someone who actually knows Ben standing up for his character.

Psyychoward86
03-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Cool story bro

twelvegauge
03-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Did you have Ben's lawyer?

Charles Grant/DE Saints did you read what i said happened to him? it's up to the alledged victim if he gets indicted or not.

Psyychoward86
03-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Charles Grant/DE Saints did you read what i said happened to him? it's up to the alledged victim if he gets indicted or not.

one incident= All incidents??

?????

Fire Haley
03-23-2010, 08:21 PM
She can also decide not to press charges and no matter what the police think, the case will be dropped.

If she didn't spit, you must acquit.

Turn up the big lawyer heat. Countersuits and that time she sucked off cousin Billy

steeldawg
03-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Why would the DA go after him with no evidence especially with the attorney he has. And I think there is a bit of difference between an alleged sexual assault and someone winding up dead

Fire Haley
03-23-2010, 08:29 PM
It's good to see someone who actually knows Ben standing up for his character.

famed Squirrel Hill forensic pathologist Dr Cyril Wecht.?

Sounds German - is Ben a Nazi?

HometownGal
03-23-2010, 08:36 PM
They are not requesting a dna sample anymore.

The way I'm reading this is that there was, as Ben has previously stated, no dickie dunkin' and that this case is pretty much now a he said/she said as far as the sexual assault allegations go. This chick is most likely going to be another "eats apples through picket fences" McNutty and go the civil route in an attempt to get her big payday.

Prok
03-23-2010, 09:03 PM
The way I'm reading this is that there was, as Ben has previously stated, no dickie dunkin' and that this case is pretty much now a he said/she said as far as the sexual assault allegations go. This chick is most likely going to be another "eats apples through picket fences" McNutty and go the civil route in an attempt to get her big payday.

'Bout time we got some decent news huh?

I wonder why or HOW it took this info a whole week to be released?

Ben has been getting hammered in public AND the media for supposedly delaying the DNA process then we find out it's an absolute lie. I haven't seen one Ben basher say a word about it yet.

Fire Haley
03-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Anybody that thinks Dennis Dixon will lead us to the promised land is a stupid hick.

You can quote me on that.

devilsdancefloor
03-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Anybody that thinks Dennis Dixon will lead us to the promised land is a stupid hick.

You can quote me on that.

well count me as a stupid hick then. The way the young man played against the ratbirds last year was above what i and i would think everyone here expectations.

Fire Haley
03-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Until he threw the pick into traffic in panic mode that ended the game.

Ben is a tree that moves - fear the shrubbery.

Prok
03-23-2010, 09:53 PM

Count me in. No way in hell we replace a guy with Ben's talents easily. Just look at our history between Bradshaw and Ben.

tony hipchest
03-23-2010, 10:41 PM
the whole "what will we do if ben is suspended" topic has been moot all along anyways.

he got a blowie in a restroom.

as for his many concussions, he eats concussions and crown victorias for breakfast every morning.

with milk.

Tankus_Maximus
03-23-2010, 11:22 PM
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has withdrawn its request for a DNA sample from Ben Roethlisberger, the player's lawyer, Ed Garland, told The Associated Press.

"It is clear that they are doing a careful, thorough and extensive investigation," said Garland, who hoped the investigation would wrap up within a month.

Police are looking into the claim that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted a 20-year-old college student early March 5 at the nightclub in Milledgeville, Ga. Roethlisberger has not been charged, and Garland has disputed the claim and has hired his own team to investigate.

Roethlisberger, who owns a home about 30 miles north of Milledgeville on Lake Oconee, was celebrating his 28th birthday with friends at the club and other spots around the college town.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday he planned to meet with Roethlisberger about the star's off-field problems. The quarterback's legal team said they wouldn't object to the meeting.

Steelers President Art Rooney II has said the team is concerned and closely monitoring the Milledgeville situation.

Roethlisberger skipped voluntary workouts with the team last week. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has no doubt the quarterback will attend all required offseason practices and training sessions. Those begin March 29 for the regulars.

"When it's time for him to be there, he'll want to be there," Tomlin said. "He doesn't mind toting the burden of being the guy carrying our football team."

urgle burgle
03-23-2010, 11:50 PM
the whole "what will we do if ben is suspended" topic has been moot all along anyways.

he got a blowie in a restroom.

as for his many concussions, he eats concussions and crown victorias for breakfast every morning.

with milk.

oh yeah.....well so does your mom!

sorry dude, im in a mood and i just couldnt resisit. apologies of course, if your mother isnt with us anymore, or anything of that nature.

i loved the fact you mentioned it was Arians fault all along with bringing Ben down there....that was the first thing that came to my mind too. damn Arians, he could ruin a good blowjob, and in this case he literally did, in a sense.

JPPT1974
03-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Wonder how Big Ben is going to perform now on and off the field in 2010? Since a second accusation has hit him. He did ok after the first accusation hit last year. This year, who knows?!

Gnutella
03-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Wonder how Big Ben is going to perform now on and off the field in 2010? Since a second accusation has hit him. He did ok after the first accusation hit last year. This year, who knows?!

He seems to perform better with a chip on his shoulder. That chip has gotten exponentially bigger in the last year, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if he gives the entire league a big "**** you" this coming season.

Nicolle62
03-24-2010, 05:06 AM
it looks like things are starting to pick up for Ben. Its interesting that there is so much national interest in this story and with sites like TMZ covering it that they dont seem to bring up any "new" news or get anyone else down there in Georgia opening up and coming forward with something new. to me it seems like its starting to stall and possibly (and hopefully) not go anywhere.

but thats just how i see it............

stillers4me
03-24-2010, 05:16 AM

He seems to perform better with a chip on his shoulder. That chip has gotten exponentially bigger in the last year, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if he gives the entire league a big "**** you" this coming season.

Superbowl MVP......book it.

WH
03-24-2010, 05:23 AM
If they had his sperm in a jar somewhere and needed his DNA. They would get a warrant for it.

Steel_Bus_24
03-24-2010, 05:30 AM
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has withdrawn its request for a DNA sample from Ben Roethlisberger, the player's lawyer, Ed Garland, told The Associated Press.

"It is clear that they are doing a careful, thorough and extensive investigation," said Garland, who hoped the investigation would wrap up within a month.

Police are looking into the claim that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted a 20-year-old college student early March 5 at the nightclub in Milledgeville, Ga. Roethlisberger has not been charged, and Garland has disputed the claim and has hired his own team to investigate.

Roethlisberger, who owns a home about 30 miles north of Milledgeville on Lake Oconee, was celebrating his 28th birthday with friends at the club and other spots around the college town.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday he planned to meet with Roethlisberger about the star's off-field problems. The quarterback's legal team said they wouldn't object to the meeting.

Steelers President Art Rooney II has said the team is concerned and closely monitoring the Milledgeville situation.

Roethlisberger skipped voluntary workouts with the team last week. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has no doubt the quarterback will attend all required offseason practices and training sessions. Those begin March 29 for the regulars.

"When it's time for him to be there, he'll want to be there," Tomlin said. "He doesn't mind toting the burden of being the guy carrying our football team."

you know Im getting sick of this type of s****....all this cloak and dagger crap is really starting to tick me off......if their playing games and dragging out stuff to gain attention for their town then thats just pathetic

WH
03-24-2010, 06:42 AM
I wonder if this girl is going to be on Oprah. If she's on Oprah, Ben's F'd

BubbyBrister
03-24-2010, 08:03 AM
wow, good thing i never got caught all those summers down in ocean city

Yeah, I bet you made good money down there.:rofl::rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
03-24-2010, 09:59 AM

Actually, Killer, that wasn't what happened at all.

The Ravens used an old Dick L trick on that play, they had the DE fake a rush, step up, tag the tackle, then drop quick into the zone coverage where the hot read, since a blitz was coming, for the quick slant was the smart pass. The DE dropped into that zone and made the pick, it was a brilliant play call by the Ravens Defense, it wasn't a "panic" play by the QB, it was a young QB getting out coached by a pretty good defensive scheme.

that is the Football truth to that play.

Edman
03-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Looking like Ben is off the hook. For the mean time.

He's still guilty of bringing this attention to himself, though. And I still think he's dumb for putting himself in this situation. AGAIN.

vasteeler
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
:bs:Looking like Ben is off the hook. For the mean time.

He's still guilty of bringing this attention to himself, though. And I still think he's dumb for putting himself in this situation. AGAIN.

:bs:

what has Ben done to bring attention to himself ............nothing
have you never been in that situation ?
whats he suppose to do not go out ?
he's human we all choose the wrong people to be with from time to time I know i have and if i had his fame and money im sure there would have been a lot more

JHSilverback
03-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Actually, Killer, that wasn't what happened at all.

The Ravens used an old Dick L trick on that play, they had the DE fake a rush, step up, tag the tackle, then drop quick into the zone coverage where the hot read, since a blitz was coming, for the quick slant was the smart pass. The DE dropped into that zone and made the pick, it was a brilliant play call by the Ravens Defense, it wasn't a "panic" play by the QB, it was a young QB getting out coached by a pretty good defensive scheme.

that is the Football truth to that play.

Agreed..I was at that game and it was a great call by the D...DD showed that he could be cool and collected during that game..heck he had some throws that almost turned into big plays..btw love how the ravens d fell for the qb option LOL

steelreserve
03-24-2010, 11:19 AM
If she swallowed, I wonder if they can go after her for destroying evidence.

Prok
03-24-2010, 11:45 AM

he's human we all choose the wrong people to be with from time to time I know i have and if i had his fame and money im sure there would have been a lot more

The man has every right to enjoy his life. Nobody's questioning that. It's the fact that he has put himself in THIS position TWICE, we're questioning.

He has the right to go out and celebrate any way he chooses. But to be in this situation twice within a few months has many wondering why he would let himself even get remotely close to another such incident.

Hopefully this all gets cleared up and no charges filed. But ya have to wonder why he wasn't more mindful of the situation at this point IMO.

He can go out and party like Joe Namath for all I care but when you're the face of a franchise as great as the Steelers, you have to avoid, AT ALL COSTS, even puttng yourself remotely close to being accused of sexual assault. Let alone twice in 8 month period.

pete74
03-24-2010, 11:55 AM
The man has every right to enjoy his life. Nobody's questioning that. It's the fact that he has put himself in THIS position TWICE, we're questioning.

He has the right to go out and celebrate any way he chooses. But to be in this situation twice within a few months has many wondering why he would let himself even get remotely close to another such incident.

Hopefully this all gets cleared up and no charges filed. But ya have to wonder why he wasn't more mindful of the situation at this point IMO.

He can go out and party like Joe Namath for all I care but when you're the face of a franchise as great as the Steelers, you have to avoid, AT ALL COSTS, even puttng yourself remotely close to being accused of sexual assault. Let alone twice in 8 month period.

I agree with every word

steelax04
03-24-2010, 12:06 PM
But to be in this situation twice within a few months has many wondering why he would let himself even get remotely close to another such incident.

The first 'incident' occurred in July of 2008. Hardly putting himself in the same situation within a few months.

steelreserve
03-24-2010, 12:26 PM
The first 'incident' occurred in July of 2008. Hardly putting himself in the same situation within a few months.

OK, instead, how about: If you're currently fighting accusations that you're a sex-crazed rapist, going around banging random skanks in bar bathrooms does not help your cause.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Whether the original "incident" happened two months ago or two years ago is irrelevant.

chacha
03-24-2010, 01:12 PM

well it wasnt within a few months, and it was his birthday. :noidea:The guy's got bad luck attracting some money grubbers, and he needs to think with his head (the one on his shoulders) more and realize that any good situation can turn sour. It's too bad that he has to change his lifestyle because of these situations though, but that's the way it is nowadays.

fansince'76
03-24-2010, 01:15 PM

Agree to a point, but he was really dumb to have a "bathroom liaison" with a 20-year-old coed he hardly knew with the McNutty lawsuit still pending.

Prok
03-24-2010, 01:28 PM
well it wasnt within a few months, and it was his birthday. :noidea:The guy's got bad luck attracting some money grubbers, and he needs to think with his head (the one on his shoulders) more and realize that any good situation can turn sour. It's too bad that he has to change his lifestyle because of these situations though, but that's the way it is nowadays.

Yeah, like i said earlier. If Joe Namath was playing in this day and age and had a 100 mil paycheck even he would'nt have been able to live the lifestyle he did.

Ben just has to realize that the day's of him having encounters with attractive young women in public places is over. And nobody wants him to retire a Steeler 10 years from now with more hardware more than me.

I've even gone on record stating that I think he's one of the best QB's in the game today. I really believe that too. I believe Ben is GREAT and hasn't even hit his prime yet.

But his personal life has to change dramatically imo. And ASAP. The off the field drama has got to stop at some point SOON or i fear for his Steelers career.

plenewken
03-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Yeah, like i said earlier. If Joe Namath was playing in this day and age and had a 100 mil paycheck even he would'nt have been able to live the lifestyle he did.

Ben just has to realize that the day's of him having encounters with attractive young women in public places is over. And nobody wants him to retire a Steeler 10 years from now with more hardware more than me.

I've even gone on record stating that I think he's one of the best QB's in the game today. I really believe that too. I believe Ben is GREAT and hasn't even hit his prime yet.

But his personal life has to change dramatically imo. And ASAP. The off the field drama has got to stop at some point SOON or i fear for his Steelers career.

Ben could possibly be only 1 concussion away from retirement, so talking about the next 10 years as a player is pretty much a pipe dream, IMO.

As for his off-field activities and regardless of the legal consequences, he better get his personal life in order now, cause what he's done over the last 4 years, starting with his motorcycle accident demonstrates that he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and has a knack for making stupid decisions.

pete74
03-24-2010, 02:14 PM

are you serious? you dont think ben brought this on? you disagree with tomlin? lets think here, he is a known target yet he takes that 20 year old college girl into the bathroom. hmmm, sounds like he keeps putting himself in the wrong situations to me. i care less if he is guilty or not, but he does keep bringing this upon himself no matter what some die hard ben fans may think

plenewken
03-24-2010, 02:19 PM

Well, maybe he should ask Manning, Brees, Brady or even better, Crosby, Malkin and Fleury who are, like him, single, rich and famous how they conduct themselves to not bring too much attention and to not have to deal with 2 sexual assault accusations in 18 months.
I'm sorry but Ben is not an innocent victim. Like my grandma used to say, "you reap what you sow."

SteelCityMom
03-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Well, maybe he should ask Manning, Brees, Brady or even better, Crosby, Malkin and Fleury who are, like him, single, rich and famous how they conduct themselves to not bring too much attention and to not have to deal with 2 sexual assault accusations in 18 months.
I'm sorry but Ben is not an innocent victim. Like my grandma used to say, "you reap what you sow."

hehe...neither Fleury or Malkin are single. Fleury is engaged to his longtime girlfriend and Malkin has a hot Russian thing to parade around (I'm pretty sure it's an "open" relationship though).

Malkin's advice? Always do girl on camera.

P.S. I knew what you meant and somewhat agree....just couldn't resist. Malkin's kind of a man-hore lol.

steelreserve
03-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Ben could possibly be only 1 concussion away from retirement, so talking about the next 10 years as a player is pretty much a pipe dream, IMO.

As for his off-field activities and regardless of the legal consequences, he better get his personal life in order now, cause what he's done over the last 4 years, starting with his motorcycle accident demonstrates that he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and has a knack for making stupid decisions.

See, that's some contradictory reasoning right there if you ask me. How can he be one concussion away from retirement? It doesn't seem like he has too many brain cells to lose in the first place.

Yeah, I know normally the whole life-expectancy thing would be a concern too, but at this rate, dying in a tragic beer bong accident seems far more likely than hanging around 25 years while some neurological disorder develops.

Prok
03-24-2010, 02:43 PM

I agree it's a pipe dream but i won't stop hoping for it.

In my world Ben gets his off the field act together and doesn' take any more blows to the head on the field and leads us to the promised land at least a couple more times.

:drink:

Hamer
03-24-2010, 02:45 PM
While I agree that Ben needs to "calm down" his late night carousing with all that's going on with him, he hasn't been charged with any crimes. All he's guilty of so far is looking bad.

When Coach Tomlin was asked if he was disappointed in his QB's actions, he had this to say:

"My degree of disappointment really is irrelevant. It's kind of like during the season sometimes when you guys ask me to express my degree of frustration with a situation, it doesn't solve the situation. I learned to be somewhat a flat-liner and let things play out the way they should."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_673005.html

I'm glad he's got a cool head. Great advice for all of us.

(Could you imagine how much spit Cowher would have lost if this happened on his watch? Poor guy would have needed an IV...)

Fire Haley
03-24-2010, 03:01 PM
The DE dropped into that zone and made the pick, it was a brilliant play call by the Ravens Defense, it wasn't a "panic" play by the QB, it was a young QB getting out coached by a pretty good defensive scheme.

alibi

alibi

alibi

Did he win the game? No.
He stared down his receiver and threw it without looking at coverage.

Even with brain damage Ben would have seen it, pump faked and threw deep and won the game.

WH
03-24-2010, 03:20 PM
He should talk to Crosby. Crosby sleeps with a 118 yeah old. No charges ever get pressed.

http://www.firebettman.com/graphics/crosby-cup.jpg

Edman
03-24-2010, 03:57 PM
I am not blaming Ben for going out and partying on his birthday. It's a free country and he has every right to. He is guilty for even putting himself in a situation to Accused of Sexual assault, especially when the McNulty case has not even been resolved yet.

I'm critical because the guy should be a little more careful about who he deals with. He's not an average Joe. He's a professional athlete with millions of dollars. I understand innocent until proven guilty, but in this country, being accused alone destroys reputation and casts doubt over you, even if it ends up not being true.

Ben has faced TWO accusations of Sexual Assault over the past eight months. Even though he hasn't been charged with anything, SA is a serious accusation.

plenewken
03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Even with brain damage Ben would have seen it, pump faked and ..............

......... got clobbered by a linebacker for another sack. A typical scenario this past season.

Dino 6 Rings
03-24-2010, 04:29 PM
alibi

alibi

alibi

Did he win the game? No.
He stared down his receiver and threw it without looking at coverage.

Even with brain damage Ben would have seen it, pump faked and threw deep and won the game.

Oh yeah, the way he pump faked against Rodney Harrison in the AFC Title game during his rookie year. Or the way he pump faked against Herdon in SuperBowl XL. Or maybe the way he pump faked against Mathis in the Playoffs in 2007. Yeah, he's never had a bad throw.

At no point did I say I thought Dixon was the answer or going to take us to the promised land, but you indicated that Dixon "panicked" and that was flat out Incorrect. He didn't panic, he did exactly what he was coached to do, recognize the blitz, and then recognize the hot read. The Hot Read was the Slant in the Flat to Holmes, the Defense that was called, was designed to do exactly what it did, intercept (or break up) the Hot Read flat slant pass.

chacha
03-24-2010, 04:45 PM

I dunno, the motorcycle things was stupid only because of no helmet, somebody hit him, McNutty is a nut and this new girl may be too. Probably alot of superstar jocks have done similar things and Ben's just got really bad luck! But he does gotta realize that it's just not working for him going out and having a good time.

SteveS
03-24-2010, 06:05 PM
http://kdka.com/video/?id=70505@kdka.dayport.com

Case closed!

Lets get on with football now!!!:tt04::tt04:

plenewken
03-24-2010, 06:19 PM
I dunno, the motorcycle things was stupid only because of no helmet, somebody hit him, McNutty is a nut and this new girl may be too. Probably alot of superstar jocks have done similar things and Ben's just got really bad luck! But he does gotta realize that it's just not working for him going out and having a good time.

Not only no helmet but no MC license either. That's 2 bad decisions here.

Mags87
03-24-2010, 06:19 PM

Case closed!

this is good news

cakmakli
03-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Even though this one looks like it is going to turn out okay, Ben had better make sure there isn't a 3rd time.

HometownGal
03-24-2010, 06:33 PM

Case closed!

Hallelujah! :applaudit: :thumbsup:

Time for those of you who condemned him from the get go to turn in your dime store PI licenses. :wink:

Psyychoward86
03-24-2010, 06:37 PM

Case closed!

That doesnt make it official, technically speaking, but this is a massive weight off my shoulders for sure. THANK THE LORD

pancake
03-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Agree to a point, but he was really dumb to have a "bathroom liaison" with a 20-year-old coed he hardly knew with the McNutty lawsuit still pending.

I am at least glad (assuming he is innocent) that it happened with him around friends in a public place, instead of it just being them two at his home alone...

steelreserve
03-24-2010, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't say case closed, but it does confirm what a lot of us have suspected all along: It's a pretty flimsy case and I'll be amazed if anything comes of it.

It does not, however, change the fact that our QB has a reputation as a meathead, and I hate to say I don't see much evidence to dispute that.

pancake
03-24-2010, 07:05 PM

Case closed!

It is not closed just yet, but I do believe it is heading in that direction...

steeldawg
03-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Time for some folks around here to start eating there words

OneForTheToe
03-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I'll breath when the GBI holds a news conference and says no charges will be filed.

steeldawg
03-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Ok so no physical evidence to review the victim has declined interview what could possibly taking this investigation so long to close.

harts
03-24-2010, 07:40 PM
what Ben Should do is sue the girl for defamation and press the police to prosecute the girl for filing a false police report

DoingThis can help get Goodell of his back.

Yes he put himself in this position

but some women are out for the money and the drama

ask warren sapp and countless others

Prok
03-24-2010, 07:43 PM
I'll breath when the GBI holds a news conference and says no charges will be filed.

Same here. As chaotic as these last couple weeks has been i won't truly believe anything until i hear it straight from the horses mouth.

I will say that these last couple of days has looked very good for Ben. Fingers crossed still.

mesaSteeler
03-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Goodell says lack of DNA won't change his approach on Ben
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

ORLANDO, Fla. -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said today that Georgia investigators no longer wanting a DNA sample from Ben Roethlisberger changes nothing in his approach to the Steelers quarterback.

"We're following it," Goodell said this morning during a press conference at the conclusion of the league meetings here.

"It's not something I've put aside. I'm focusing on it."

Goodell said on Monday, in regards to two separate sexual assault claims against Roethlisberger, that "we take the issue very seriously. We are concerned that Ben continues to put himself in this position."

Goodell said he will meet with Roethlisberger at the "appropriate time."

For more on the Steelers, read the new blog, Ed Bouchette On the Steelers at www.post-gazette.com/plus. Ed Bouchette can be reached at ebouchette@post-gazette.com

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10083/1045258-100.stm#ixzz0j92JJImf

(Why am I not surprised? Evidence means nothing to Belicheats favorite boy toy, Roger Goodell. - mesa)

harts
03-24-2010, 07:49 PM
If the NFLPA is smart they will curttail some of Goodell's power when it comes to player discipline in the next CBA

He is out of control

stillers4me
03-24-2010, 07:50 PM
As happy as I am for Ben, this just pisses me off. There should be legal repercussions to women who make false rape and sexual assault accusations. They get their name protected and walk away scot free while the man drug through the mud. Ben still is in hot water with the commish and we may still lose him for a game or two. And fans of 31 other teams will still go around calling him a rapist because they will think she got paid off.

And he needs to sue Mike Florio just for the hell of it.

Prok
03-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Hallelujah! :applaudit: :thumbsup:

Time for those of you who condemned him from the get go to turn in your dime store PI licenses. :wink:

If this thing gets dropped the haters will just change their tune to Ben paying the woman off.

This is what disgusts me about some ppl. The first couple weeks they could not yell loud enough how Ben is a rapist and evil human being but now not a peep from them in light of these new reports. But let some other report come out painting Ben in a bad light and they will quickly return to their judgemental bashing of the guy's character.

Still crossing my fingers and yeah i still think Ben should never have put himself in this situation but it absolutely disgusts me how malicious opposing fans are and can be over this ordeal.

Nadroj 20
03-24-2010, 07:59 PM
As happy as I am for Ben, this just pisses me off. There should be legal repercussions to women who make false rape and sexual assault accusations. They get their name protected and walk away scot free while the man drug through the mud. Ben still is in hot water with the commish and we may still lose him for a game or two. And fans of 31 other teams will still go around calling him a rapist because they will think she got paid off.

Exactly this pisses me off too. Even though it can be scientifically proven he didnt rape her they will still label him as a rapist cause most of the other fans i know hate the steelers basically because of their success.

Oh well i just hold up the #2 and say that is how many rings he has helped us get and hes going to help us get more then that :tt04:

Prok
03-24-2010, 08:01 PM

Agreed. That irresponsible scumbag florio has put a negative slant on every bit of info coming out of this mess. I stopped getting pft updates and encourage ALL other Steelers fans to do the same. He clearly has an agenda against Ben.

tony hipchest
03-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Ben still is in hot water with the commish and we may still lose him for a game or two. And fans of 31 other teams will still go around calling him a rapist because they will think she got paid off.

.as per adam schefter, the commish cant do shit unless charges were filed (according to the personal code of conduct policy).

i could care less what the dumbass fans think. they still think the refs got paid off. :noidea:

stillers4me
03-24-2010, 08:09 PM
as per adam schefter, the commish cant do shit unless charges were filed (according to the personal code of conduct policy).

i could care less what the dumbass fans think. they still think the refs got paid off. :noidea:

Good point. :coffee:

Shoes
03-24-2010, 08:13 PM

CQFEY9RIRJA

tube517
03-24-2010, 08:25 PM
I always thought through this whole thing is that the girl may have been so drunk that she did not remember every single fact. Atty. Garland was ready to tear her apart in trial and I know he would have. Ben is not out of the woods yet but it's clear the DA and GBI have a big uphill battle if they want to still prosecute.

As far as the opposing fans, jealousy is bound to happen when you are at the top of the hill. Haters will always want to tear you down when you are on top.
For all my friends who like the Cryboys, Ravens, Bungles, Browns, Cheaters, or any other team, I always say one thing to them: SIX And then a whole lot of silence in response.

If this thing gets dropped the haters will just change their tune to Ben paying the woman off.

This is what disgusts me about some ppl. The first couple weeks they could not yell loud enough how Ben is a rapist and evil human being but now not a peep from them in light of these new reports. But let some other report come out painting Ben in a bad light and they will quickly return to their judgemental bashing of the guy's character.

Still crossing my fingers and yeah i still think Ben should never have put himself in this situation but it absolutely disgusts me how malicious opposing fans are and can be over this ordeal.

Preacher
03-24-2010, 08:25 PM

It is quite a leap to say it is a false allegation. So far, there is simply, "no evidence".

In many cases, both believe their own side of the story. She may have felt pressured, Ben may have thought he was just suave.

You should hear the divergent view on something as simple as a LOOK a husband gives a wife. They'll sit on my couch for an hour and argue things that make me think they weren't even on the same planet.

How much more with something like this? No, it is a GREAT leap to immediately move to "False allegations."

Prok
03-24-2010, 08:37 PM
I always thought through this whole thing is that the girl may have been so drunk that she did not remember every single fact. Atty. Garland was ready to tear her apart in trial and I know he would have. Ben is not out of the woods yet but it's clear the DA and GBI have a big uphill battle if they want to still prosecute.

As far as the opposing fans, jealousy is bound to happen when you are at the top of the hill. Haters will always want to tear you down when you are on top.
For all my friends who like the Cryboys, Ravens, Bungles, Browns, Cheaters, or any other team, I always say one thing to them: SIX And then a whole lot of silence in response.

I guess i'm just a bit different. I sat back and watched how many haters jumped to conclusions and rushed to villify Ben. Now they are all silent.

The minute this thing takes yet another turn (which is the trend of this shitstorm)painting Ben possibly guilty ? They'll be right back on their high horses.

vindrow
03-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Where is Donte Stallworth these days? Maybe, we can get him to run over Goodell.

tony hipchest
03-24-2010, 08:58 PM

CQFEY9RIRJA

thats music to my ears.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/time100Chirping_Crickets-775857.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/h1sciQcricketsChirp.gif

mesaSteeler
03-24-2010, 09:21 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13107294/steelers-need-to-take-charge-with-their-quarterback-gone-wild?tag=pageContainer;TeamNews
Steelers need to take charge with their quarterback gone wild
March 24, 2010
By Clark Judge
CBSSports.com Senior Writer

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Pittsburgh Steelers have been cautious about what they say about embattled quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, and that's not only understandable but advisable. Big Ben is in Big Trouble, the subject of an investigation that involves a second complaint of sexual assault.

So the Steelers will proceed carefully and, as coach Mike Tomlin put it, "let things play out." That's great, but then what? Well, then the Pittsburgh Steelers should swing into action, no matter what happens to Roethlisberger.

If Roethlisberger is charged, the league almost surely steps in and disciplines the guy -- including a possible suspension for at least part of the season.

But if he is not, the Steelers must do something, anything to show that they're not only "concerned" but horrified, embarrassed and humiliated by Roethlisberger's conduct.

Basically, they must demonstrate that they're intolerant of behavior more symptomatic of a cretin than the Super Bowl quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Roethlisberger supporters counter that he hasn't been charged, which is true, and that he's guilty of nothing, which is not. He entangled himself in an ugly situation -- not once but twice -- and, at the very least, is guilty of embarrassing himself and one of the NFL's premier franchises.

You don't hear stuff like this about Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Donovan McNabb. But you hear it about Roethlisberger, and we just heard it for the second time in eight months.

Connect the dots, people. The conclusion is inescapable, and the conclusion is that Roethlisberger has a problem and so do the Pittsburgh Steelers -- who, by the way, are steamed. For the good of everyone, it's time to get this guy in control of himself.

"I think it's well known that we're very, very conscious of how we do business," Tomlin said of the Steelers, "and that we're highly concerned about our image, perception and how we conduct ourselves -- our standards of conduct. I think it's above and beyond that of our peers, and we embrace that."

Well, then, time to embrace the next task -- namely, preventing another Roethlisberger headline from happening. I don't know if Roethlisberger is a sociopath or a jerk or something in between. I just know enough is enough, and intervention is required.

Maybe you think that's an overreaction, but then maybe you didn't hear NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. He said he's sufficiently concerned that he wants to meet with Roethlisberger in New York, and that's usually a sign that someone is headed for something more than double-secret probation.

I recall Goodell meeting with Pacman Jones and Marshawn Lynch, and suspensions followed. I recall him meeting with Michael Vick, too, and while an immediate suspension wasn't invoked, it was after Goodell learned that Vick lied to him about dogfighting.

So Roethlisberger is on alert that anything is possible. The NFL is growing tired of him tarnishing its shield, and a suspension is at least in the deck.

But back to the Steelers. They need to get involved here and not just express how "concerned" they are about Roethlisberger but demonstrate that concern. One coach I consulted said he wouldn't hesitate to "tag" Roethlisberger by hitting him with a "conduct detrimental to the club" fine and/or suspension.

Now that would get someone's attention.

Furthermore, he said, the Steelers should show the Pittsburgh community that they're serious about straightening out their quarterback and do something like enroll Roethlisberger in counseling or sensitivity training. At least it's a start.

"Don't send him down to Mississippi and say he's got some disease," the coach said, referring to Tiger Woods' reported sex-addiction treatments, "because people will just roll their eyes. And don't hire 'babysitters' to look after him because that will only enable the guy. You have to show the community you're serious. Get him out in front of people and try to repair the damage."

When Vick was released from prison he spoke to kids and teens about what he'd done, the lessons he learned and the abhorrent nature of dogfighting. Furthermore, he struck an unlikely partnership with the Humane Society of the United States in an attempt to repair the trust that had been damaged between him and his fans.

Then he stayed out of trouble.

I understand Roethlisberger hasn't been charged or convicted of anything, but I couldn't care less. He needs to prove something now, and it's not that he can beat Baltimore or Indianapolis; it's that the Ben Roethlisberger we've been reading about is not the guy we get in the future.

Ever.

So prove it. If nothing else, he is guilty of gross irresponsibility and stupidity, and as someone who represents the face of the Pittsburgh Steelers, yes, that's a concern. A very, very big concern.

Pacman got a timeout for his misadventures, and maybe Roethlisberger winds up with one, too. All I know is that no matter what happens the Steelers need to take care of an employee who may be spinning out of control.

The Steelers say they won't act until they -- or, more accurately, authorities -- determine what happened. But what they know already is bad enough. Roethlisberger has been accused by two women in two different parts of the country of essentially the same thing.

And that, folks, is more than a coincidence. It's a problem.

"I think it's safe to say that all of us are held to an extremely high standard," Tomlin said. "It's a privilege to be part of the National Football League, both for players and coaches ... and front office personnel for that matter. Everyone. It's a very sensitive opportunity, and we have to tote the luggage that comes with it."

Tomlin said he talks to his quarterback daily, that he follows the progress of the investigation and that he hopes to have Roethlisberger at the Steelers' facility on March 29 when he is scheduled to report for offseason workouts. But Roethlisberger's appearance is contingent on the developments of this case, so the Steelers won't do anything immediately.

Nor should they. But they must do something eventually because their quarterback has proven he's an accident waiting to happen.

"We're in a wait-and-see mode like everyone else," said Tomlin. "By no means is it comfortable. But such is life."

No, such is life now with Ben Roethlisberger.

fansince'76
03-24-2010, 09:38 PM

Not to mention the jackasses that are always looking for a racial "angle" to these things - "If this were T.O. or Chad Ochocinco, they'd be behind bars already," "Look what happened to Michael Vick for killing a couple dogs and now doughboy Ben walks after committing RAPE," etc., etc. :blah: :blah: :blah:

SteelCurtain5643
03-24-2010, 10:00 PM
KDKA 2 in Pittsburgh reports that the woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault has declined to be re-interviewed by police.
Police already lack key physical evidence (Big Ben's DNA), and now have an uncooperative key witness. The woman skipped one previously scheduled interview. "Bottom line is, no cooperative victim under these circumstances, probably no crime," said Robert Del Greco, an unbiased Pittsburgh defensive attorney. No charges would probably also mean no NFL suspension.

looks like the stupid bitch might have been lying all along...good news for us steeler fans

Prok
03-24-2010, 10:17 PM
If she is proven to be lying I want Ben to go after her legally with guns a blazing. This ordeal has severely damaged his reputation, to say the least.

But like others have said, we still have a long way to go and all we've been getting for the most part is reports from "sources". This thing ain't over by a long shot IMO.

Shea
03-24-2010, 10:25 PM
looks like the stupid bitch might have been lying all along...good news for us steeler fans

I'm not at all comfortable with calling her a stupid bitch, nor a money-seeking opportunist looking for a big payday.

Just because she is now distancing herself from the process doesn't really mean much to me other than it's good for Ben in the legal sense.

This is an awfully young woman who might have found herself in a position she wasn't able to understand or control and emotionally might be so fragile right now as anyone who MIGHT have been assualted and her youth and lack of life experience will make it harder for her to endure.

It's hard enough for a woman to follow thru on such a situation, but add in the intense media scrutiny and that would make anyone wounded to flinch.

Let me add - I am in no way saying what happened here is in anyway pronouncing guilt on Ben's part, or that he did sexually assualted her, but let me also add that we just don't know.

Until we know more, I say we leave this young girl be.

This isn't quite over yet but it is starting to look a bit better for Ben.

Merchant
03-24-2010, 10:36 PM
LOL... let's see here.. no DNA sample was needed.. girl skipped a meeting and decline to be interviewed... *sniff* Smell that? It's another bullshit allegation against Ben

You're still my hero Ben!

mesaSteeler
03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Pals' video only footage of Roethlisberger's night out
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_673293.html#
By Carl Prine and Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, March 24, 2010

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. — As the investigation continues into the alleged sexual assault here of a college student by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, new evidence is emerging about the evening and the "Benapalooza" entourage of beefy buddies who filmed their time partying together.

Carl Cansino, attorney for Capital City nightclub where the incident occurred early March 5, said Wednesday the footage is hardly "Girls Gone Wild." It was shot by an unnamed member of the quarterback's entourage in the nightclub's VIP room. It shows the 20 year-old Georgia College & State University sophomore with Roethlisberger around the time of the incident, he said.

Cansino said he wished the nightclub could provide security video recordings, but the system it uses recorded over the footage, and agents with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation were unable to retrieve any evidence from recordings. No cameras were trained on the staff restroom near a dingy storage corridor where the assault allegedly occurred, he said.

"The DVD system overwrote itself," Cansino said. "Had it just been deleted, they might have been able to save some of it."

Cansino said the video made by Roethlisberger's buddies is the sort of tape anyone would make during a birthday celebration, which is what members of the group told investigators they were doing in this tiny Georgia town.

Witnesses said eight to 10 members of the group arrived in Milledgeville on March 4. Authorities say that, except for Roethlisberger, they've interviewed all of them — including vacationing Coraopolis police Officer Anthony Barravecchio, Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Ed Joyner and Steelers offensive lineman Willie Colon.

GBI agents confirmed they have the tape but declined to comment on it, or on the fact that Roethlisberger hasn't talked to authorities since a brief interview with Milledgeville detectives in his Lake Oconee mansion about 30 miles away.

District Attorney Fred Bright hasn't decided whether to press charges or whether to turn the matter over to a grand jury. A grand jury in Baldwin County convenes in July and meets for six months, according to Cansino and court employees.

Cansino shared with investigators copies of the driver's license Capital City's bouncers seized from Roethlisberger's accuser weeks before she was seen with him. The date on the license was scratched and reworked to indicate she was born in June 1987 — two years before her actual birth.

The Tribune-Review does not name alleged victims of sexual abuse. The woman's Atlanta attorney, Lee Parks, did not return messages seeking comment.

"She presented the ID, but the security saw that it clearly was a fake birth date," said Cansino, a former county prosecutor. "Because she never got the chance to drink, security confiscated it and didn't turn her over for other charges."

According to Cansino, authorities told him the woman's blood alcohol level was above 0.20 percent — more than 10 times the legal limit for drivers younger than 21 in Georgia and more than twice the limit for older motorists.

"We believe that she obtained the alcohol from patrons, not from employees," said Cansino, who said bouncers removed one member of the woman's group from the VIP room that evening.

Roethlisberger's attorney, Edward T.M. Garland, declined to comment for this story. He insists authorities will file no charges in the case.

This is the second allegation of sexual assault leveled against Roethlisberger in nine months. He's fighting a civil lawsuit in Nevada filed by a female hotel employee who claims he raped her.

On Tuesday, GBI officials and Garland confirmed that investigators dropped their request for a DNA sample from Roethlisberger because there's no genetic material collected at the scene or from the young woman.

National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell said yesterday that Roethlisberger's behavior remains a league priority.

"I didn't put that on the side," Goodell said at the conclusion of NFL owners meetings. "We take that issue very seriously. I'm focused on it."

Goodell could punish Roethlisberger for violating the league's personal conduct policy even if he is not charged with any crime. The lack of DNA evidence doesn't change his view of the situation, Goodell said.

The Steelers have said they will wait until the investigation concludes before making any decisions regarding Roethlisberger.

steelerdude15
03-24-2010, 11:36 PM
KDKA 2 in Pittsburgh reports that the woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault has declined to be re-interviewed by police.
Innocent until proven guilty and the way this is looking, he's innocent. There's no real evidence supporting that he would be charged. It's looking better and better everyday. Like I said before, if I was Ben and when this was over, I'd sue her, not for money, but to show everyone that I would not be the type of guy to be messed with.

zulater
03-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Even though the latest news looks good I'm afraid this dipshit DA wont have the balls to dismiss the charges, nor to charge him. So instead he'll wait until the local Grand Jury reconvenes in freaking July and punt the case to them. So essentially this conceivably could be dragged out until July, even though they have little to no chance of making a convictable case out of the evidence, and they f'ing know it!!! :banging:

tony hipchest
03-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Even though the latest news looks good I'm afraid this dipshit DA wont have the balls to dismiss the charges, :

im thinking even the "dipshit DA" woulda accepted the blowjob from a hot, 20 year old co-ed, in the bathroom too. :hunch:

case dismissed.

steelreserve
03-25-2010, 01:53 AM
LOL... let's see here.. no DNA sample was needed.. girl skipped a meeting and decline to be interviewed... *sniff* Smell that? It's another bullshit allegation against Ben

*sniff* nah, it smells like tuna.

pancake
03-25-2010, 06:56 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_673293.html

Video was taken of the night by someone in Ben's group.

steeldawg
03-25-2010, 07:29 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_673293.html

Video was taken of the night by someone in Ben's group.

Whew when i first saw this i thought it was gonna be bad.

steeldawg
03-25-2010, 07:35 AM
Why does all of the media keep saying "Bens Beefy Entourage" .

SteelerFanInStl
03-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Cansino shared with investigators copies of the driver's license Capital City's bouncers seized from Roethlisberger's accuser weeks before she was seen with him. The date on the license was scratched and reworked to indicate she was born in June 1987 ó two years before her actual birth.

The Tribune-Review does not name alleged victims of sexual abuse. The woman's Atlanta attorney, Lee Parks, did not return messages seeking comment.

"She presented the ID, but the security saw that it clearly was a fake birth date," said Cansino, a former county prosecutor. "Because she never got the chance to drink, security confiscated it and didn't turn her over for other charges."

According to Cansino, authorities told him the woman's blood alcohol level was above 0.20 percent ó more than 10 times the legal limit for drivers younger than 21 in Georgia and more than twice the limit for older motorists.

"We believe that she obtained the alcohol from patrons, not from employees," said Cansino, who said bouncers removed one member of the woman's group from the VIP room that evening.

This is the first news that I've seen of her being drunk, as I had suspected all along.

chacha
03-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Not only no helmet but no MC license either. That's 2 bad decisions here.

yeah but it's still bad luck getting hit by that woman, wouldnt you say?

chacha
03-25-2010, 07:58 AM
This is the first news that I've seen of her being drunk, as I had suspected all along.

exactly. They first made her out to be this hard working student, GMAFB. More like a hard drinking student.

WH
03-25-2010, 09:12 AM
exactly. They first made her out to be this hard working student, GMAFB. More like a hard drinking student.

Well what sells more papers/gets more people watching TV? Painting her as some golden child, or, Painting her as a drunken underage hussy?

This just keeps looking better and better for Roethlisberger.

plenewken
03-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Well what sells more papers/gets more people watching TV? Painting her as some golden child, or, Painting her as a drunken underage hussy?

This just keeps looking better and better for Roethlisberger.

C'mon guys! This young girl is now a hussy? <sigh>
The fact of the matter is, guilty or not, Ben is a meat head for spending the night in bars and clubs in a college town, drinking with his buddies. What's next? Party in frat houses? Go on Spring break with Pitt students?
Grow a brain, Ben.