PDA

View Full Version : Yo TMZ.com is reporting Big Ben has been accused of sexual assault again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Fire Haley
03-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Why does all of the media keep saying "Bens Beefy Entourage" .

Ben brings the beef

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/70/168063422_0ab01394a2.jpg

WH
03-25-2010, 09:42 AM
C'mon guys! This young girl is now a hussy? <sigh>

Probably not. But she's not a golden child either. I was expressing the two ways the media could paint things to get what they want.

Never said she IS a hussy. Calm down Plen. Have a beer.

WH
03-25-2010, 09:43 AM
That beef jerky is terrible.

steelerfan821
03-25-2010, 09:44 AM
http://kdka.com/sports/Ben.Roethlisberger.investigation.2.1587357.html

steeldawg
03-25-2010, 09:49 AM
C'mon guys! This young girl is now a hussy? <sigh>
The fact of the matter is, guilty or not, Ben is a meat head for spending the night in bars and clubs in a college town, drinking with his buddies. What's next? Party in frat houses? Go on Spring break with Pitt students?
Grow a brain, Ben.

I am so tired of listening to your garbage. I see no problem with Ben at a bar were college kids go to. He's only 28 years old its a legal establishment there is nothing wrong with that. So if ben is innocent your big argument is that ben who is 28 is hanging out with people who are 20-30 years old in a legal establishment. I dont hear anyone mention willie colons decision making who was also there but because there was no allegation made against him he is ok? So the girl lies about her age forges her Id blows some football star in a dark part of bar and you jump to her defense. maybe you are the one that needs to grow a brain. I mean this in the nicest way possible. :flap:

KYsteelfan
03-25-2010, 09:54 AM
looking good for Ben. Now if he can just stop getting himself into these situations....

steelpride12
03-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Alright a break for Ben.

MACH1
03-25-2010, 10:01 AM
With that they should drop the case, unless the state its self wants to try and bring charges.

zulater
03-25-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm just wondering how Roger Cossack is going to twist this so it makes Ben sound guilty?:doh:

Honestly I wont say a word against any Steeler fan who's rushed to judgement against Ben. I think he's brought that upon himself to a large degree. It's a fan's right to speculate.

But aholes like Roger Cossask, who are paid top offer balanced commentary should be held to a higher standard and reserve judgement until the fact come more into focus. while there's nothing specific that Cossask's said that has pronounced Ben guilty there's not a smidgen of doubt that his basic demeanor and presentation of information has loudly shouted Ben's guilt. :mad:

Oh and might as well throw John steigerwald into the dumpster with Cossak while we're at it.

GBMelBlount
03-25-2010, 10:03 AM
This certainly is good news.

The sooner we can hopefully put this behind us and get back to football, the better.

steeldawg
03-25-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm just wondering how Roger Cossack is going to twist this so it makes Ben sound guilty?:doh:

Honestly I wont say a word against any Steeler fan who's rushed to judgement against Ben. I think he's brought that upon himself to a large degree. It's a fan's right to speculate.

But aholes like Roger Cossask, who are paid top offer balanced commentary should be held to a higher standard and reserve judgement until the fact come more into focus. while there's nothing specific that Cossask's said that has pronounced Ben guilty there's not a smidgen of doubt that his basic demeanor and presentation of information has loudly shouted Ben's guilt. :mad:

Oh and might as well throw John steigerwald into the dumpster with Cossak while we're at it.

My thoughts exactly

SteelKid212
03-25-2010, 10:06 AM
"no cooperating victim, NO CRIME" :tt03:

GodfatherofSoul
03-25-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm not at all comfortable with calling her a stupid bitch, nor a money-seeking opportunist looking for a big payday.

Just because she is now distancing herself from the process doesn't really mean much to me other than it's good for Ben in the legal sense.

This is an awfully young woman who might have found herself in a position she wasn't able to understand or control and emotionally might be so fragile right now as anyone who MIGHT have been assualted and her youth and lack of life experience will make it harder for her to endure.

It's hard enough for a woman to follow thru on such a situation, but add in the intense media scrutiny and that would make anyone wounded to flinch.

Let me add - I am in no way saying what happened here is in anyway pronouncing guilt on Ben's part, or that he did sexually assualted her, but let me also add that we just don't know.

Until we know more, I say we leave this young girl be.

This isn't quite over yet but it is starting to look a bit better for Ben.

Yeah, let's ignore everything that's been reported so we can continue to propagate the "Ben is a rapist" rumors. I told you all. This crap happens ALL THE TIME. And, every time it does rather than assuming it's another co-ed skank looking for a payday or just mad she got pumped-n-dumped, the assumption is Johnny Touchdown is guilty.

Just the way you're talking about her "...awfully young woman who might have found herself in a position she wasn't able to understand or control"??? She did a pretty good job controlling those beers and that dick to her mouth.

Fire Haley
03-25-2010, 10:42 AM

Peter King too - he's been mouthing off like Florio and the other haters.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/03/24/peter-king-on-dh-owners-show-united-front/

Peter King:

All I can say is that I hope the Steelers’ schedule is soft the first two games next year because I believe Roger Goodell will suspend Ben Roethlisberger, whatever the status of this case, just for a couple of games just for a slap on the wrist wake up call to him. I’m not reporting that or anything but I believe that’s the level of how disturbed that some people in this league are with Ben Roethlisberger."

Ben's lawyers should sue your fat ass too....and that shithead Florio....and TMZ for more lies.

Sue them all, I say.

zulater
03-25-2010, 11:13 AM
I wish the KDKA report thread hadn't been merged or whatever the hell became of it?. I thought that thread shed a different light on events and had a distinguishable continuity that legitimized it's seperation from a convaluted thread such as this one. :doh:

plenewken
03-25-2010, 11:29 AM
I am so tired of listening to your garbage. I see no problem with Ben at a bar were college kids go to. He's only 28 years old its a legal establishment there is nothing wrong with that. So if ben is innocent your big argument is that ben who is 28 is hanging out with people who are 20-30 years old in a legal establishment. I dont hear anyone mention willie colons decision making who was also there but because there was no allegation made against him he is ok? So the girl lies about her age forges her Id blows some football star in a dark part of bar and you jump to her defense. maybe you are the one that needs to grow a brain. I mean this in the nicest way possible. :flap:

Whatever, dude.

SteelerFanInStl
03-25-2010, 11:51 AM

:iagree: All of the so-called 'journalists' jumped on the 'Ben is guilty' bandwagon propaganda. Every single one of them needs to post an article apologizing to Ben when the charges are dropped.

Dino 6 Rings
03-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Lets see, the guy can't be alone with a woman in a hotel room, because then the burden of proof is on him to prove that he didn't commit rape

the guy can't be in public with a girl drinking because then the burden of proof is on him to prove that he didn't commit rape

Time to start Hiring Professional Call Girls dude. Remember Ben, when it comes to the professional girls, you aren't paying for the act, you're paying for them to shut up and go away quietly.

Rick5895
03-25-2010, 12:47 PM
This certainly looks good for Ben. However, these are news reports, not evidence. I am sure that Ben is innocent of the accusations, however, Ben still needs to wake up and quit getting himself into these situations. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rooneys are looking at this and and wondering if Ben is worth all the negative publicity brought to the franchise and the NFL. Goodell will still want to meet with him, and I am certain there will be some type of mandatory counselling done or even a 2 or 4 game suspension. If the conclusion from the cops is no charges and it happens before the draft , It wouldn't shock me to see the Steelers offer Ben in a trade.

Prok
03-25-2010, 12:48 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/368678-pittsburgh-steelers-time-to-unite-again-over-big-ben-issue

Pittsburgh Steelers: Time To Unite Again Over Ben Roethlisberger Allegations
by Nick Signorelli Senior Writer Written on March 25, 2010
On March 5, with the second set of allegations against Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault in less than a year, there was an amazing division between Steelers Nation. One that was so large, none I have ever seen even comes close to comparing to it.

For weeks, without new information in any way, shape, or form, Steeler Nation has chosen their side, and fought for it.

On the one side, led by Todd Flemming, there were people that chose the "con" side of the argument.

Regardless of their point of view, he did it. He was doing SOMETHING he should not be doing. Moral issues, and those wanting him gone, were quick to point out their side of the situation.

Then there was the other side, the "pro", where those of us on this side insisted that we allow the evidence to come out, and go from there. Included with this side, I will add the group that did not seem to care, as long as he was able to play football.

On both sides of the ring, Steeler Nation was out in full force, fighting for what they believe.

Both sides, in typical Steeler Nation fashion, fought to the end for their side.

Now that evidence has finally come out, and we have a much better idea of what happened, it is time for Steeler Nation to put this behind us, erase the lines in the sand, and put the fighting to bed.

Here is what we KNOW to this point.

The accuser has refused to be interviewed by the police for a second time.

The accuser was 10 times over the legal limit for someone under 21 at the time of the incident.

GBI has withdrawn a request for Roethlisberger's DNA.

There is NO video evidence from the night club from the night in question.

As it has been stated, at this point, there is almost no chance for Roethlisberger to be proven guilty, and from the stand point of the fans, we now have no way to cure up any speculation as to what happened.

At some point, probably towards the beginning of the start of the season, FOX or CBS or ESPN will get a sit down interview with Ben Roethlisberger, at which time he will tell his version of the story.

It will be up to us all at that time to decide if we believe him or not. But as the criminal case has all but been dropped, as Steeler Nation, it is time for us to come back together. Re-unite if you will, and end our fighting.

The fact is, Roethlisberger is once again set to lead our beloved Steelers, hopefully to another Super Bowl championship. For those that have jumped of the Steelers band wagon, I hope you are willing to take the Roethlisberger's jersey out of the trash, and once again wear it with pride.

Roethlisberger is our guy, and like him or not, will be leading our team into the future

WH
03-25-2010, 12:50 PM
John Steigerwald has been in the dumpster for a while. So Cossak would be joining him.

SteelCityMom
03-25-2010, 12:54 PM
This certainly looks good for Ben. However, these are news reports, not evidence. I am sure that Ben is innocent of the accusations, however, Ben still needs to wake up and quit getting himself into these situations. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rooneys are looking at this and and wondering if Ben is worth all the negative publicity brought to the franchise and the NFL. Goodell will still want to meet with him, and I am certain there will be some type of mandatory counselling done or even a 2 or 4 game suspension. If the conclusion from the cops is no charges and it happens before the draft , It wouldn't shock me to see the Steelers offer Ben in a trade.

LOL...if no charges are pressed, there's no way in h e double hockey sticks that the Steelers offer Ben up in a trade. I'm not even sure if there are charges pressed that they would do that.

If there aren't any charges pressed there will be nothing more than the possibility of mandatory counseling. I highly doubt that if no charges are pressed that he'll get any kind of suspension.

steeldawg
03-25-2010, 01:01 PM

Lol if no charges are filed goodell cannot suspend him under the conduct policy he can only recommend counseling. So if the case is dropped before the draft you think they will offer Ben in a trade? ARE YOU NUTS? Why? it makes no sense to suspend or trade our 2 time superbowl winning QB if no charges are filed. If you think there is any chance that Ben will not be quarterbacking this team this season you are crazy.

plenewken
03-25-2010, 01:07 PM
the guy can't be in public with a girl drinking because then the burden of proof is on him to prove that he didn't commit rape

The "guy" is a celebrity making >$10M/year. Yes, he can be in public with a girl drinking (that's what happens in any bar and restaurant) but following the girl (a random one to boot) to the bathroom to get a blow job ain't what a celebrity with an ounce of brain should be doing.
Note that I wrote "to get a blow job" and not "to force the girl to give him a blow job". I give him the benefit of the doubt on how it happened, but this doesn't make him any smarter in my eyes.

steeldawg
03-25-2010, 01:13 PM
The "guy" is a celebrity making >$10M/year. Yes, he can be in public with a girl drinking (that's what happens in any bar and restaurant) but following the girl (a random one to boot) to the bathroom to get a blow job ain't what a celebrity with an ounce of brain should be doing.
Note that I wrote "to get a blow job" and not "to force the girl to give him a blow job". I give him the benefit of the doubt on how it happened, but this doesn't make him any smarter in my eyes.

Would it make you feel better if he took the girl back to his place and the she made the allegation, whats the difference? At least in the public setting there were witnesses to say that they didnt see anything wrong. And besides the other case took place alone in his hotel room. This is dino's point . Seems funny to me that Ben had no history of this until he signed a 100 million dolaar contract.

Fire Haley
03-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Go get em Ben

Steelers | Roethlisberger expected to report for workouts

Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:39:49 -0700

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger is expected to report for the team's offseason workouts Monday, March 29.

ricardisimo
03-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Does this smell like payola to anyone?

Prok
03-25-2010, 01:22 PM
BTW, I wouldn't totally trust KDKA and their "sources".

Weren't they the ones who reported Ben and his lawyer were with-holding DNA ??

I won't believe anything until i see facts.

SteelCityMom
03-25-2010, 01:28 PM
BTW, I wouldn't totally trust KDKA and their "sources".

Weren't they the ones who reported Ben and his lawyer were with-holding DNA ??

I won't believe anything until i see facts.

Yes, they were one of the ones reporting that....and they weren't wrong. Ben's lawyers were withholding giving the police Ben's DNA until there was a warrant for it (which is the right thing to do). There was never a warrant and they've since dropped the request for DNA.

Fire Haley
03-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Ben Roethlisberger's Accuser to Meet with Police

Ben Roethlisberger's accuser has not had the change of heart reported by the media, because her lawyer tells TMZ she's scheduled to be re-interviewed by cops in the sexual assault investigation.

Her reps tell us they broke their silence to correct "recent misstatements in the media," saying, "Our client is cooperating fully with law enforcement in this matter. Future interviews have been scheduled and our client will attend."

The lawyers were mum on when the sit-downs with cops will take place.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/25/ben-roethlisbergers-accsuser-alleged-victim-police-cops-interview-lawyers-sexual-assault/

------------------

Smoked em out - Her lawyer had to say that - they were getting beaten in the public opinion poll - the civil suit won't even be announced till August.

eat lots of popcorn

plenewken
03-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Would it make you feel better if he took the girl back to his place and the she made the allegation, whats the difference? At least in the public setting there were witnesses to say that they didnt see anything wrong. And besides the other case took place alone in his hotel room. This is dino's point . Seems funny to me that Ben had no history of this until he signed a 100 million dolaar contract.

What's the difference? The difference would have been that:
1) Unless he abducted her, she willingly went alone to his house with him
2) She would have had a much harder time accusing him of sexual assault.

The difference with the 1st case is that this girl was an employee of the Hotel where Ben stayed as a VIP Guest. If he asked her to come to his room, under whatever pretext, she couldn't refuse, by fear of upsetting a VIP Client and lose her job. His contention that sex was consensual will have to be established in Court. It's very similar to sexual harassment at work between a boss and an employee.

As for the witnesses in GA, nobody knows what they said so your saying that they didn't see anything wrong is pure speculation. Anyway, not seeing anything doesn't mean nothing happened.

Finally, I find it perfectly plausible that after Ben signed his $100M contract, his head swelled and he started to conduct himself like a total jack@ss off the field. I realize that being a jacka@ss is not a crime but sometimes jack@sses cross the line.

pete74
03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Yes, they were one of the ones reporting that....and they weren't wrong. Ben's lawyers were withholding giving the police Ben's DNA until there was a warrant for it (which is the right thing to do). There was never a warrant and they've since dropped the request for DNA.

that contradicts other stories i read saying bens lawyer was willing to give dna but the cops knew more then a week ago they didnt want it any longer

fansince'76
03-25-2010, 02:38 PM
The difference with the 1st case is that this girl was an employee of the Hotel where Ben stayed as a VIP Guest. If he asked her to come to his room, under whatever pretext, she couldn't refuse, by fear of upsetting a VIP Client and lose her job. His contention that sex was consensual will have to be established in Court. It's very similar to sexual harassment at work between a boss and an employee.

Another difference with the 1st case (besides the obvious of not going to the police at all and waiting a year before bothering to file a civil suit) is an Email trail left by the accuser bragging about doing the horizontal mambo with Roethlisberger.

devilsdancefloor
03-25-2010, 02:43 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81725251&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Nightclub's attorney says Roethlisberger video footage overwritten

NFL.com Wire Reports

An attorney for the Georgia nightclub where a 20-year-old woman accused Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her said security footage from the evening of the alleged incident was recorded over, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported Thursday.

As a result, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations couldn't retrieve any evidence from the recordings, according to the attorney.
More on Roethlisberger
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday that plans to soon meet with
Ben Roethlisberger because "I am concerned that Ben continues to put himself in this position." More ...

» Tomlin says he talks with Big Ben daily

"The DVD system overwrote itself," said Carl Cansino, attorney for the Capitol City nightclub in Milledgeville. "Had it just been deleted, they might have been able to save some of it."

No cameras were pointed at the staff restroom where the alleged incident took place in the early hours of March 5, Cansino told the Tribune-Review.

Cansino said a member of Roethlisberger's entourage recorded his own video inside the nightclub, where the quarterback and eight to 10 friends went to celebrate his 28th birthday. According to Cansino, the footage shows Roethlisberger with his accuser around the time of the incident.

Authorities say they have interviewed everyone in Roethlisberger's group -- including Steelers offensive tackle Willie Colon -- with the exception of the quarterback himself. Georgia police confirmed to the Tribune-Review that Roethlisberger hasn't spoken to authorities other than a brief interview with Milledgeville detectives in his home 30 miles away from town.

Pittsburgh television station KDKA reported Wednesday that Roethlisberger's accuser has declined to speak with investigators since the night of the incident and skipped a scheduled meeting last week. One source told KDKA that the investigation appears to have hit a brick wall.

Cansino told the Tribune-Review that he gave authorities copies of a fake driver's license that Capitol City nightclub bouncers confiscated from Roethlisberger's accuser weeks before the alleged incident.

Cansino also said authorities told him the woman's blood-alcohol level was above 0.20 percent -- more than 10 times the legal limit for drivers younger than 21 in Georgia -- the night of the alleged incident. Cansino said he believes the woman obtained the alcohol from patrons, not nightclub employees.

Roethlisberger also is facing a lawsuit in Nevada after a woman accused him of raping her in 2008 at a Lake Tahoe hotel. Roethlisberger denies that allegation and has sued for counter-damages.

Roethlisberger hasn't been charged in either case.

She was hammered "falling" down drunk if the .20 is correct.

SteelCityMom
03-25-2010, 02:45 PM
that contradicts other stories i read saying bens lawyer was willing to give dna but the cops knew more then a week ago they didnt want it any longer

I'm not sure what your point is.

It was common knowledge well before a week ago that Ben and his lawyers were always willing to give a DNA sample with a warrant. The cops never presented such a warrant for a DNA sample. In my eyes it doesn't matter when the cops knew they weren't going to need one and when it was reported.

pete74
03-25-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure what your point is.

It was common knowledge well before a week ago that Ben and his lawyers were always willing to give a DNA sample with a warrant. The cops never presented such a warrant for a DNA sample. In my eyes it doesn't matter when the cops knew they weren't going to need one and when it was reported.

im saying that i read they were willing to give the dna without a warrent. obviously if they had a warrent it wouldnt matter if ben was willing or not, they were getting it

sixstringlass
03-25-2010, 02:59 PM
It's illegal here in Maryland, but like anyone listens. :yeehaw:

It's technically illegal in Idaho, too, as is French kissing, hand holding in public and seranading your sweetheart on a Saturday night (but only on Saturday night). Yeah, all those laws are still on the books here in the great state of Eye-Duh-Hoe, but they're blue laws. Nobody enforces them, much less follows them.

SteelCityMom
03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
im saying that i read they were willing to give the dna without a warrent. obviously if they had a warrent it wouldnt matter if ben was willing or not, they were getting it

Yeah, at the beginning of the investigation there was talk that they were willing to comply in any way, but Ben's defense lawyers (being as smart as they are) quickly made it known that they would not give a DNA sample without a warrant for one. That's still complying, it's just making sure that the police have enough evidence to actually need a sample...which obviously they don't.

Rick5895
03-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Lol if no charges are filed goodell cannot suspend him under the conduct policy he can only recommend counseling. So if the case is dropped before the draft you think they will offer Ben in a trade? ARE YOU NUTS? Why? it makes no sense to suspend or trade our 2 time superbowl winning QB if no charges are filed. If you think there is any chance that Ben will not be quarterbacking this team this season you are crazy.

LOL, if you read my post you will see I said that it would not shock me, as nothing in sports shocks me any more. Gretzky was traded so as I say it wouldn't shock me. I certainly would not want to see Ben traded, he clearly needs some help in his decision making process,

steelerdude15
03-25-2010, 03:24 PM
It's technically illegal in Idaho, too, as is French kissing, hand holding in public and seranading your sweetheart on a Saturday night (but only on Saturday night). Yeah, all those laws are still on the books here in the great state of Eye-Duh-Hoe, but they're blue laws. Nobody enforces them, much less follows them.
In Baltimore, it's illegal to take your pet lion to the movies. Kind of upsets me...

sixstringlass
03-25-2010, 03:27 PM
In Baltimore, it's illegal to take your pet lion to the movies. Kind of upsets me...

You know what's funny about that is that, at some point in the past, someone had to have taken a lion into a movie theater and wild crap ensued. It reminds me of those warnings on things, like, on a curling iron, there's a warning that says, "Don't use this appliance while sleeping."

Huh?

Anyways, back on topic, though her lawyers say she will be re-interviewed, not appearing for follow-up interviews makes her look realy bad. The reason police do multiple interviews is to make sure the story stays the same. Little slip-ups are HUGE when it comes to law.

steeldawg
03-25-2010, 03:43 PM
What's the difference? The difference would have been that:
1) Unless he abducted her, she willingly went alone to his house with him
2) She would have had a much harder time accusing him of sexual assault.

As for the witnesses in GA, nobody knows what they said so your saying that they didn't see anything wrong is pure speculation. Anyway, not seeing anything doesn't mean nothing happened.

Finally, I find it perfectly plausible that after Ben signed his $100M contract, his head swelled and he started to conduct himself like a total jack@ss off the field. I realize that being a jacka@ss is not a crime but sometimes jack@sses cross the line.

Actually there have been reports of bouncers bar staff and owners that said they did not see anything out of the ordinary. So if if they went home alone it would be harder to accuse him of assualt then if people saw them hanging out together at a bar and they slipped away into a back room? I dont think it makes a difference cause the allegation says they were alone who cares where. I dont believe for a second that Ben signed that contract and then started forcing himself on women cause he got a big head.

Fire Haley
03-25-2010, 04:19 PM
LIttle Ben - somebody needs to put a helmet on that soldier

Prok
03-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Ben Roethlisberger's Accuser to Meet with Police

Ben Roethlisberger's accuser has not had the change of heart reported by the media, because her lawyer tells TMZ she's scheduled to be re-interviewed by cops in the sexual assault investigation.

Her reps tell us they broke their silence to correct "recent misstatements in the media," saying, "Our client is cooperating fully with law enforcement in this matter. Future interviews have been scheduled and our client will attend."

The lawyers were mum on when the sit-downs with cops will take place.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/25/ben-roethlisbergers-accsuser-alleged-victim-police-cops-interview-lawyers-sexual-assault/

------------------

Smoked em out - Her lawyer had to say that - they were getting beaten in the public opinion poll - the civil suit won't even be announced till August.

eat lots of popcorn

As I said, i don't trust KDKA's "sources".

This thing is far from over but it still looks good for Ben if all these reports are true. I suspect we're going to be bombarded with a ton of negative "leaks" in coming days and weeks though.

mesaSteeler
03-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Analyst: 'Just no way to prosecute' Ben Roethlisberger's case
Updated 6h 1m ago | Comments 141 | Recommend 12 E-mail | Save | Print | Reprints & Permissions |
Buccaneers' Joel Glazer: Blackouts are likely in Tampa for 2010 NFL season
Posted on Mar 25 2010 2:37PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2010-03-24-ben-roethlisberger-case_N.htm?csp=34
By Gary Mihoces, USA TODAY

The attorney for Ben Roethlisberger says the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) has withdrawn its request for a DNA sample from the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback. The bureau is not confirming that, and opinions differ on what such a decision could suggest.

Roethlisberger is under investigation in Milledgeville, Ga., where a 20-year-old college student filed a sexual assault complaint against him March 5. No criminal charges have been filed.

"The GBI is not requesting at this point any DNA testing. They originally requested it, and then they withdrew their request," Roethlisberger's Atlanta-based attorney Ed Garland said Wednesday.

GBI spokesman John Bankhead said: "That came from Garland. We haven't said one way or the other."

Garland declined to speculate on the implications of what he said was the decision to withdraw the DNA testing request.

"My position has been uniform throughout that I'm not going to comment on the evidence or the investigation by the prosecution or the investigation that I'm doing," said Garland.

"I will say that it's my opinion that a thoughtful and thorough investigation is being done by law enforcement."

However, an attorney who represents one of two off-duty western Pennsylvania police officers who were in a group with Roethlisberger in Georgia did see significance in the report from Garland.

"That tells me what I've thought all along. … There's just no way to prosecute this case. There's no crime," said Pittsburgh area attorney Michael Santicola, who represents Coraopolis, Pa., police officer Anthony Barravecchio.

"As a lawyer, that's what it tells me. At the very beginning when I heard the whole story, I kind of shook my head at what they were doing down there. … I can't imagine how in the world they could charge him with any crime."

Page Pate, an Atlanta trial lawyer not involved with the case, took a counter view.

"DNA only becomes important if the person that's been accused said, 'Look I was no where near the girl, we never had any physical contact and she's making all this up,' " said Pate.

"If he's saying, 'Yeah, I was there, I was in the restroom with her, I was in the club with her,' the only issue is whether he assaulted her or whether there was consent involved. Then DNA is not that important. … If the allegation is basically that he grabbed me without my consent, made sexual moves towards me but didn't actually have intercourse, then providing a DNA sample is not going to really help them determine whether or not he did those things."

Police have not revealed the specifics of the allegation.

Under Georgia law, sexual assault includes a broad range of crimes, from rape (with 25 years mandatory imprisonment) to misdemeanor sexual battery, defined as intentionally making "physical contact with the intimate parts of the body of another person" without consent.

Pate on misdemeanor sexual battery convictions in general: "It's only going to be a probation only sentence or a very short jail time, one to two months, with the remainder on probation. I've never seen a misdemeanor sexual battery case result in more time than a couple of months in jail."

Garland said Thursday that he stands by his original statement that "no sexual assault occurred" and that Roethlisberger is "completely innocent."

Garland said, "I haven't changed that statement in any respect."

He again declined comment on whether he might allow Roethlisberger to be interviewed by police.

tony hipchest
03-25-2010, 07:28 PM

and why are you so certain ben followed her into the restroom. bens wingman will produce home video taped evidence that clearly shows her following him.

this case was over before it ever began. no assault occured. who the hell takes photos with cops patrolling an establishment and then goes inside to rape somebody, knowing the cops are right outside the door.

i still cant believe people believed this shit.

Prok
03-25-2010, 07:35 PM
and why are you so certain ben followed her into the restroom. bens wingman will produce home video taped evidence that clearly shows her following him.

this case was over before it ever began. no assault occured. who the hell takes photos with cops patrolling an establishment and then goes inside to rape somebody, knowing the cops are right outside the door.

Where did u hear that she followed him to the bathroom?

Good post though and agree that Ben is innocent.

Steelers17
03-25-2010, 07:42 PM

Your analysis of her relevant medical report is????? Additionally, Woody Blue feels justified in spending a fair amount of his community’s resources in case evaluation to date! :tt03:

Merchant
03-25-2010, 07:51 PM
ahahaha... "victim" had a blood alcohol level of 0.2

that's HUGE

drunk skanks trying to get Ben's money.. it ain't happening ladies!

tony hipchest
03-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Where did u hear that she followed him to the bathroom?

Good post though and agree that Ben is innocent.from the same place that everyone heard that he followed her... from the Speculation Times.

plus bens posse has tape. that is the ace in the hole (not that it will even be needed).

Your analysis of her relevant medical report is????? :

is a 20 year old with a .20 BAH more likely to fall down or get raped inside a bar with cameras rolling, dozens of patrons, and cops right outside the door.

simple fact of matter is that sloshed people fall down. sure ben couldve assaulted her, but that is about as likely as a winged hog flying through the window and knocking her down. :noidea:

im gonna go with common sense and being grounded in reality on this one.

MACH1
03-25-2010, 08:14 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f14/AlexJohnson123/cowbell-hero.jpg

Prok
03-25-2010, 08:18 PM
from the same place that everyone heard that he followed her... from the Speculation Times.

plus bens posse has tape. that is the ace in the hole (not that it will even be needed).

is a 20 year old with a .20 BAH more likely to fall down or get raped inside a bar with cameras rolling, dozens of patrons, and cops right outside the door.

simple fact of matter is that sloshed people fall down. sure ben couldve assaulted her, but that is about as likely as a winged hog flying through the window and knocking her down. :noidea:

im gonna go with common sense and being grounded in reality on this one.

That's the thing that gets me. I mean i've criticized him soundly for being in this perdicament a second time. But could he really be that dumb to commit sexual assault even with 2 off-duty police officers in his midst? Ben would have to seriously think he's above the law and have his head up his ass to try and force sexual act on that girl especially considering where they were at and who they were with. It just doesn't add up to me.

tony hipchest
03-25-2010, 08:53 PM
That's the thing that gets me. I mean i've criticized him soundly for being in this perdicament a second time. But could he really be that dumb to commit sexual assault even with 2 off-duty police officers in his midst? Ben would have to seriously think he's above the law and have his head up his ass to try and force sexual act on that girl especially considering where they were at and who they were with. It just doesn't add up to me.not only the 2 off duty officers that were in his posse as body guard/ designated drivers, but the 2 georgia police in uniform he took pictures with outside. plus another member of his posse was taking video pictures of the whole party scene.

couple that with him talking to police immediately after the incident. he did that cause he had nothing to hide and he knew there were plenty of witnesses to corroborate that nothing inproper happened.

he was truthful. if he had shut up and did what lawyers always advise to do, we would think that she fell down and he went to rescue her. nobody would even know he was getting head.

he was a victim of his own honesty in this instance, and now he's being drug through the mud.

stillers4me
03-25-2010, 08:59 PM
not only the 2 off duty officers that were in his posse as body guard/ designated drivers, but the 2 georgia police in uniform he took pictures with outside. plus another member of his posse was taking video pictures of the whole party scene.

couple that with him talking to police immediately after the incident. he did that cause he had nothing to hide and he knew there were plenty of witnesses to corroborate that nothing inproper happened.

he was truthful. if he had shut up and did what lawyers always advise to do, we would think that she fell down and he went to rescue her. nobody would even know he was getting head.

he was a victim of his own honesty in this instance, and now he's being drug through the mud.

Not only that, but in one article, it states that one of the off duty officers was the designated driver that night. We all know serial rapists are always responsible enough to never drink and drive. :chuckle:

Prok
03-25-2010, 09:25 PM
not only the 2 off duty officers that were in his posse as body guard/ designated drivers, but the 2 georgia police in uniform he took pictures with outside. plus another member of his posse was taking video pictures of the whole party scene.

Thats why IMO he needs to counter-sue this girl and have her name drug through the mud too. His reputation has taken a very serious hit and no matter how much money he makes as Steelers QB, he still has earning power through endorsments and such as well.

Nobody can begrudge the man his earning power IMO if he's completely innocent in both these cases. He HAS to get this straightened out and get his good reputation back.

I want him going after this girl and Mcnulty to the fullest extent if he's completely innocent. Some of the damage to his reputation cannot be un-done at this point imo.

XxKnightxX
03-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Cansino told the Tribune-Review that he gave authorities copies of a fake driver's license that Capitol City nightclub bouncers confiscated from Roethlisberger's accuser weeks before the alleged incident.

Cansino also said authorities told him the woman's blood-alcohol level was above 0.20 percent -- more than 10 times the legal limit for drivers younger than 21 in Georgia -- the night of the alleged incident. Cansino said he believes the woman obtained the alcohol from patrons, not nightclub employees.

Okay wether true or not, this case is over, and theyre just trying to drag it for as long as possible to take a PR hit.

:wave::wave::wave::wave: BB accuser

Still.. I stand firm that BB needs to improve his judgement and where he goes

tony hipchest
03-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Not only that, but in one article, it states that one of the off duty officers was the designated driver that night. We all know serial rapists are always responsible enough to never drink and drive. :chuckle:and reports were he was simply sipping on a corona yet still taking the safe measure of having a driver.

he was bar hopping, and there are posters on other sites who say he looks sloshed because of simple camera lens "red eye".

ive seen plenty of trashed people and every picture of ben that evening (including the ones he took with local police "an hour before the incident"- which would place it around 1:00 am) he looks completely sober. :noidea:

other people say he has an alcohol problem. :shake01:

mesaSteeler
03-25-2010, 11:27 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_673469.html#

Accuser to help in Roethlisberger probe

By Carl Prine
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, March 26, 2010

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. — The 20-year-old student who accused Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her will meet with investigators, according to one of her attorneys.

In a statement released Thursday by Lee Parks of the firm Parks Chesin and Walbert in Atlanta, the sophomore at Georgia College & State University "is cooperating fully with law enforcement in this matter."

"Future interviews have been scheduled, and our client will attend."

The statement — released to counter televised reports that indicated the woman wasn't cooperating with police — didn't say when or where the meetings would occur. The woman gave an initial statement to Milledgeville police March 5, before the Georgia Bureau of Investigation assumed the investigation.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead said he couldn't confirm nor deny the woman's continuing participation in the investigation. He cited a news blackout imposed until prosecutors or a grand jury decide whether to indict Roethlisberger, 28, or drop any potential case against him.

"But I'm glad that the attorneys responded to it, because I've been referring reporters to them," Bankhead said.

David F. Walbert, one of the attorneys representing the accuser, was out of town recently and so unavailable to escort her to interviews with investigators.

According to her friends, the woman left school to spend more than a week with her parents in suburban Atlanta after the alleged assault in a staff restroom at Capital City nightclub in the early hours of March 5.

She returned to class briefly, but the college is on spring break this week and her home is more than a two-hour drive away.

The Tribune-Review doesn't name the alleged victims of sexual assault.

In his Atlanta office, Roethlisberger's attorney Edward T.M. Garland reiterated that he believes the criminal investigation should lead to no charges and that his client would be exonerated.

"I am confident," he said.

Carl Prine can be reached at cprine@tribweb.com or 412-320-7826.

pete74
03-26-2010, 04:35 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-clubmanagersaysaccus&prov=tsn&type=lgns

A bodyguard for Ben Roethlisberger(notes) was blocking a club bathroom in which the Steelers quarterback allegedly sexually assaulted a woman, according to the club’s manager.

Rocky Duncan, manager of Capital City bar in Milledgeville, Ga., tells ESPN that a female friend of the accuser told him that a man had denied her entrance to the restroom when she tried to locate the accuser.

Duncan says the woman told him: "I think my friend is in the bathroom with Ben, but the door [leading to the bathroom area] is locked, and I’m trying to get back there, and this guy wouldn’t let me through."

Duncan adds that the woman also told him, "I think my friend may be drunk." According to Duncan, per ESPN, the accuser’s friend "did not seem frantic."

After hearing the woman’s complaint, Duncan told her she could try to hop over a four-foot divider or "go around to the back and go through the backside entrance, because that door doesn’t have a handle to it and you can go in that way." Duncan says he doesn’t know if the woman tried to do either of those things.

Duncan says he wasn’t alarmed that a member of Roethlisberger’s entourage of "about nine" people was standing in front a locked door and keeping people out.

"No, not really," he tells ESPN. "Those guys had been protective of Ben all night. You wouldn’t want someone taking a snapshot of Ben using the toilet."

ESPN contacted the two women who were listed in the police report as being with the accuser the night of the alleged attack on March 5. One is quoted as saying, "I can’t comment on any of this, I’m sorry." The other woman, according to ESPN, hung up.

Roethlisberger’s attorney, Ed Garland, was not immediately available for comment.
More from Sporting News: Colts Wait To Give Manning New Deal

WH
03-26-2010, 07:19 AM
My dad send me an FWD email entitled dumb and dumber.

It has just a picture of Ben and Tiger in a photo taken together.

plenewken
03-26-2010, 08:01 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-clubmanagersaysaccus&prov=tsn&type=lgns

A bodyguard for Ben Roethlisberger(notes) was blocking a club bathroom in which the Steelers quarterback allegedly sexually assaulted a woman, according to the club’s manager.

Rocky Duncan, manager of Capital City bar in Milledgeville, Ga., tells ESPN that a female friend of the accuser told him that a man had denied her entrance to the restroom when she tried to locate the accuser.

Duncan says the woman told him: "I think my friend is in the bathroom with Ben, but the door [leading to the bathroom area] is locked, and I’m trying to get back there, and this guy wouldn’t let me through."

Duncan adds that the woman also told him, "I think my friend may be drunk." According to Duncan, per ESPN, the accuser’s friend "did not seem frantic."

After hearing the woman’s complaint, Duncan told her she could try to hop over a four-foot divider or "go around to the back and go through the backside entrance, because that door doesn’t have a handle to it and you can go in that way." Duncan says he doesn’t know if the woman tried to do either of those things.

Duncan says he wasn’t alarmed that a member of Roethlisberger’s entourage of "about nine" people was standing in front a locked door and keeping people out.

"No, not really," he tells ESPN. "Those guys had been protective of Ben all night. You wouldn’t want someone taking a snapshot of Ben using the toilet."

ESPN contacted the two women who were listed in the police report as being with the accuser the night of the alleged attack on March 5. One is quoted as saying, "I can’t comment on any of this, I’m sorry." The other woman, according to ESPN, hung up.

Roethlisberger’s attorney, Ed Garland, was not immediately available for comment.
More from Sporting News: Colts Wait To Give Manning New Deal

So if Ben is taking a p*ss in a restaurant or a bar, his bodyguard blocks access to the bathroom to prevent someone from taking a picture of Ben? Yeah right!
Sounds to me the bodyguard blocked access to the bathroom because that's what he was asked to do or because he knew that Ben was to have sex (or try to) with the girl inside and he decided to block the door. Doesn't mean Ben assaulted her, doesn't mean Ben didn't assault her either but it certainly confirms that 1) something happened inside, 2) Ben knew why he was going there and 3) the bodyguard knew it too.

I imagine Dan Rooney's reaction when he reads stuff like that.

Steel_Bus_24
03-26-2010, 09:25 AM
So if Ben is taking a p*ss in a restaurant or a bar, his bodyguard blocks access to the bathroom to prevent someone from taking a picture of Ben? Yeah right!
Sounds to me the bodyguard blocked access to the bathroom because that's what he was asked to do or because he knew that Ben was to have sex (or try to) with the girl inside and he decided to block the door. Doesn't mean Ben assaulted her, doesn't mean Ben didn't assault her either but it certainly confirms that 1) something happened inside, 2) Ben knew why he was going there and 3) the bodyguard knew it too.

I imagine Dan Rooney's reaction when he reads stuff like that.

yeah and the friend of the janitor's sister said she was told the easter bunny was handing out rubbers to everyone in the room from his basket

This isnt new news, its just now espn reported it. and its very thin evidence IMO

Others say there were multiple people standing around mingling that might have been in front of the bathroom

pete74
03-26-2010, 12:18 PM
yeah and the friend of the janitor's sister said she was told the easter bunny was handing out rubbers to everyone in the room from his basket

This isnt new news, its just now espn reported it. and its very thin evidence IMO

Others say there were multiple people standing around mingling that might have been in front of the bathroom

very thin evidence? the manager of the place said it

WH
03-26-2010, 12:24 PM

Why didn't this person come forward with these tidbits and file them along with the police report.

plenewken
03-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Why didn't this person come forward with these tidbits and file them along with the police report.

What makes you think she didn't?

Prok
03-26-2010, 03:26 PM
How much longer yin'z think we'll have to endure this he-said she-said soap opera ??

I'm guessin' in the area of 2 years or so until the smoke settles ??

:popcorn::popcorn:

Steelerstrength
03-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Speculation can really take on a life of it's own!

I've worked as a personal bodyguard, and managed night clubs. It is not out of the ordinary for a bodyguard to step in front of the bathroom door while his client is in there. He should not have to be asked either. And, plenty of communication is either subtle, through a look, (i.e. stating permission or not for someone to come near), it is usually discussed prior to the event/place of destination, or just expected because of your prior reputation and experience.

That the manager said that the bodyguard stepped in front of the door says absolutely nothing to prove or disprove something was premeditated, or that something actually happened.

pete74
03-26-2010, 03:38 PM

im sure it was. we obviously dont know everything the police know. they choose the info they want to share with the news channels then they choose what they want to share with us

pete74
03-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Speculation can really take on a life of it's own!

I've worked as a personal bodyguard, and managed night clubs. It is not out of the ordinary for a bodyguard to step in front of the bathroom door while his client is in there. He should not have to be asked either. And, plenty of communication is either subtle, through a look, (i.e. stating permission or not for someone to come near), it is usually discussed prior to the event/place of destination, or just expected because of your prior reputation and experience.

That the manager said that the bodyguard stepped in front of the door says absolutely nothing to prove or disprove something was premeditated, or that something actually happened.

exactly. i dont know why everyone is so worried about it. its meaningless just like the dna was when everyone discussed that

vindrow
03-26-2010, 03:42 PM

And, where did he hear it from?

The girls friend told him, the manager never went back to check on it....so he never visually saw what she was talking about..its hearsay coming from him.

Prok
03-26-2010, 03:43 PM
im sure it was. we obviously dont know everything the police know. they choose the info they want to share with the news channels then they choose what they want to share with us

I got a feeling there's gonna be a whole bunch of crap that we don't know about come out by the time it's all said and done.

I've also been wondering if some of these "sources" are either from the girl's lawyers camp or from ben's lawyers camp as well.

pete74
03-26-2010, 03:44 PM
And, where did he hear it from?

The girls friend told him, the manager never went back to check on it....so he never visually saw what she was talking about..its hearsay coming from him.

in a hearsay case that is all that matters and since he has no reason to lie im sure he is belived

OneForTheToe
03-26-2010, 04:42 PM
in a hearsay case that is all that matters and since he has no reason to lie im sure he is believed

I'm not sure what you mean there. Pete. If it hearsay then you have to find and exception, or it is inadmissible. Believability and admissibility don't always follow each other. In this case, the manager can't testify to what this girl told him because it would be hearsay. And I don't see an exception. Of course the girl who tried to get into the bathroom door can testify that the body guard would not let her in. The manager could testify to the same only if he went back and tried himself. Neither of them can testify that Ben was actually in the bathroom with the alleged victim unless they observed both of them entering and leaving.

pete74
03-26-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure what you mean there. Pete. If it hearsay then you have to find and exception, or it is inadmissible. Believability and admissibility don't always follow each other. In this case, the manager can't testify to what this girl told him because it would be hearsay. And I don't see an exception. Of course the girl who tried to get into the bathroom door can testify that the body guard would not let her in. The manager could testify to the same only if he went back and tried himself. Neither of them can testify that Ben was actually in the bathroom with the alleged victim unless they observed both of them entering and leaving.

cant testify because it hearsay? that happens everyday in court. of course you can testify to what you saw or were told.

SteelCityMom
03-26-2010, 05:44 PM
cant testify because it hearsay? that happens everyday in court. of course you can testify to what you saw or were told.

In civil court sure. And what you saw yourself is not hearsay. In criminal court (especially with the lawyers Ben has) they would be objecting like madmen to someone testifying to something they heard from someone else (which is hearsay)...and it would be sustained.

OneForTheToe
03-26-2010, 05:45 PM

I'm sorry, but you can't testify to what you are told (which is hearsay) unless you find an exception to the hearsay rules (admission against interest, excited utterance ect.). Granted, the exceptions at times can be broad, but you still have to find an exception, or the statement is inadmissible. And, of course, you can testify to what you saw. However, in this fact pattern, the manager didn't observe the door being guarded or Ben and the girl entering the bathroom.

pete74
03-26-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm sorry, but you can't testify to what you are told (which is hearsay) unless you find an exception to the hearsay rules (admission against interest, excited utterance ect.). Granted, the exceptions at times can be broad, but you still have to find an exception, or the statement is inadmissible. And, of course, you can testify to what you saw. However, in this fact pattern, the manager didn't observe the door being guarded or Ben and the girl entering the bathroom.

are you freaking serious? im sorry but your wrong. i personally had to testify in court 3 weeks ago to something someone told me. i asure you it does happen and it the judges decision to belive or not.

say i told someone i murdered my friend and he goes to the cops and tells them. your saying that person wouldnt be able to testify? come on are you guys serious? hearsy isnt always belived by the judge especially if the witness is tainted but in most cases it is admisable

OneForTheToe
03-26-2010, 06:42 PM
are you freaking serious? im sorry but your wrong. i personally had to testify in court 3 weeks ago to something someone told me. i asure you it does happen and it the judges decision to belive or not.

say i told someone i murdered my friend and he goes to the cops and tells them. your saying that person wouldnt be able to testify? come on are you guys serious? hearsy isnt always belived by the judge especially if the witness is tainted but in most cases it is admisable

The rules are not up to the judge., The Feds and States have rules of evidence. Judges interpret those rules, but there are rules. I'm sorry if that doesn't coincide with your experience of testifying in court, but it is a fact. Rules of evidence exist. Hearsay is inadmissible in criminal cases to prove the truth of the matter asserted, unless you fits an exception.

BTW, your example about telling your friend you murdered somebody is an exception to the hearsay rule. It is commonly called an admission against interest. Therefore the statement of your friend that you admitted to murdering someone would be permitted.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Inadmissible+as+Hearsay

In keeping with the three evidentiary requirements, the Hearsay Rule, as outlined in the Federal Rules of Evidence, prohibits most statements made outside a courtroom from being used as evidence in court. This is because statements made out of court normally are not made under oath, a judge or jury cannot personally observe the demeanor of someone who makes a statement outside the courtroom, and an opposing party cannot cross-examine such a declarant (the person making the statement). Out-of-court statements hinder the ability of the judge or jury to probe testimony for inaccuracies caused by Ambiguity, insincerity, faulty perception, or erroneous memory. Thus, statements made out of court are perceived as untrustworthy.........

pete74
03-26-2010, 06:49 PM
this entire conversation is pointless anyway. i dont know how it got to hearsay anyway because its not. yes the girl told the manager but the girl saw so she would testify to what she saw

OneForTheToe
03-26-2010, 06:54 PM
this entire conversation is pointless anyway. i dont know how it got to hearsay anyway because its not. yes the girl told the manager but the girl saw so she would testify to what she saw

Yes, I agree. It makes little difference. Also, Ben already admitted to the cops that he had contact with the girl. If he would have kept his mouth shut this case might be over. Actually, if the alleged victim had kept her mouth shut ..........

Steel Warrior
03-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Well, I think we all agree there was no sexual intercourse based on the fact there was no DNA evidence. That said, then in must have been consenual as you can't really force someone to give you a BJ. Think about it, are you going to take the chance of putting it in the mouth of some angry woman who could clamp down on it like a friggin pit bull?

Steel_Bus_24
03-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Well, I think we all agree there was no sexual intercourse based on the fact there was no DNA evidence. That said, then in must have been consenual as you can't really force someone to give you a BJ. Think about it, are you going to take the chance of putting it in the mouth of some angry woman who could clamp down on it like a friggin pit bull?

Ben would have to be far dumber then I would have ever imagined

OneForTheToe
03-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Well you knew this was coming:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=hill/100326

Funny how she points out every difference between Ben's case and those of Pac-Man and Vick and still comes to the conclusion that Ben should be suspended now.

Play the race card a little are we Jemele Hill?

43Hitman
03-27-2010, 01:45 PM
:deadhorse:

pete74
03-27-2010, 01:50 PM
pathetic. pacman and vick had 2 very different cases. packman was arrested for the 7th time and there was proof vick was guilty 1 week after the investigation broke. its insane to me how anyone can blame this on the color of ones skin

Edman
03-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Pac Man and Vick were investigated, charged, and found guilty when they were suspended. Pac got arrested several times before he got chopped.

Ben has no charges filed against him. Not a single one. He's been accused. Anyone and everyone can accuse someone else of anything. I could report my neighbor to the police right now if I wanted to.

When Ben is charged, yeah. He needs the big suspension.

I do find Ben guilty of being stupid, though.

Godfather
03-27-2010, 02:56 PM

Funny how she points out every difference between Ben's case and those of Pac-Man and Vick and still comes to the conclusion that Ben should be suspended now.

I didn't see the league suspend Santonio Holmes or James Harrison for their off-field incidents.

stillers4me
03-27-2010, 03:20 PM
So, if there ends up being no charges, then Herr Goodell will suspend him for having sex.....twice in the last 8 months? Wow.

stb_steeler
03-27-2010, 04:05 PM

That could only mean she did it willingly... Oh Mr. Roethlisberger can i do you. Our local radio station 93.5 reports she was a no show for the DNA conviction. She wants a civil suit against him, here we go again!... She found out he hired his own investigators, then all the sudden the DNA charges dropped. I dont believe Bens a rapist, these woman are just trying catch him off guard and he better wise up like right now!

pancake
03-27-2010, 04:35 PM
I was hoping that this crap was about over, but I think it will drag on for a while longer... :noidea:

SteelersinCA
03-27-2010, 05:35 PM
in a hearsay case that is all that matters and since he has no reason to lie im sure he is belived

In civil court sure. And what you saw yourself is not hearsay. In criminal court (especially with the lawyers Ben has) they would be objecting like madmen to someone testifying to something they heard from someone else (which is hearsay)...and it would be sustained.

The rules are not up to the judge., The Feds and States have rules of evidence. Judges interpret those rules, but there are rules. I'm sorry if that doesn't coincide with your experience of testifying in court, but it is a fact. Rules of evidence exist. Hearsay is inadmissible in criminal cases to prove the truth of the matter asserted, unless you fits an exception.

BTW, your example about telling your friend you murdered somebody is an exception to the hearsay rule. It is commonly called an admission against interest. Therefore the statement of your friend that you admitted to murdering someone would be permitted.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Inadmissible+as+Hearsay

It's only hearsay if it's offered for the truth of the matter asserted. For instance, if the girl runs to the manager and says Ben is beating the girl up and they try to bring it in to prove that Ben is beating the girl up, that is hearsay. However, if they are trying to establish what the manager did or why he did it upon hearing this information that Ben was beating her up then it is not hearsay.

Hearsay is an out of court statement offered for the truth of the matter asserted. Just because you testify to what someone told you does not, in and of itself, make it hearsay.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rules.htm#Rule801 Rule 801-807. The rules are the same in civil court as they are in criminal. There are no distinctions for rules of evidence in criminal and civil.

Not to mention the judge is not the trier of credibility, the jury is. The judge makes findings of law, the jury makes findings of fact.

Prok
03-27-2010, 08:32 PM
I was hoping that this crap was about over, but I think it will drag on for a while longer... :noidea:

I got the over/under at 5 next week for national articles pro-claiming Ben guilty.

Bet the over. :wink02:

Prok
03-28-2010, 08:09 PM
"Source" say's Ben's not reporting:

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nfl/2010/03/29/source-pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-wont-report-to-ste

Source: Roethlisberger not reporting By Adam Schefter
ESPN
Archive

Roethlisberger
Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will not report to the Steelers offseason conditioning program Monday, according to a team source.

After discussing whether Roethlisberger's presence on Monday would create too much of a distraction, the decision was made for him not to attend the team's offseason program.

It remains uncertain when Roethlisberger will report to the team.

Last week, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he expected Roethlisberger to arrive with the rest of the Pittsburgh veterans. The quarterback also skipped voluntary workouts with the team two weeks ago.

Roethlisberger is accused of assaulting a 20-year-old college student in a Georgia nightclub on March 5, but charges have not been filed. Roethlisberger's lawyer says the quarterback committed no crime.

Roethlisberger also is being sued by a woman who says he raped her in 2008 at a Lake Tahoe hotel. He denies the allegation and has asked for counter-damages.

Adam Schefter is an NFL reporter for ESPN Insider. The Associated Press contributed to this story.

darkstar
03-28-2010, 10:08 PM
i hope he is working out somewhere. he looks about 20 pounds overweight!

steelerdude15
03-28-2010, 10:12 PM
I hope this all gets straightened out soon. I believe he is innocent, but I just want this over.

siss
03-28-2010, 10:16 PM
This is crazy. I was hoping he would be there. Tomlin should have not said anything.

Merchant
03-28-2010, 10:20 PM
It's voluntary.. who cares

I'm sure a lot of players won't be there, including Troy.. don't see them making a big deal out of that

How long does it take for this kind of investigation to close? I don't see what there's left to investigate.. they didn't even want a DNA sample

stillers4me
03-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Oh my. How will he ever manage to work out in that shack he owns?

Shea
03-28-2010, 10:47 PM
I wonder why he couldn't attend and just be off-limits to the media? And doesn't the Steelers' organization have control over who - media wise - has access to their facilities??

Kinda strange development, especially after Tomlin stated he'd be there.

Fire Haley
03-28-2010, 10:51 PM
yeah - didn't Tomlin just come out a couple days ago and say he expected Ben to be there?

Is this from his lawyer or agent? Too late to hide from the public now - get your ass out there - throwing your teammates under the bus to answer questions for you is bullcrap - where's Ben-a-Palooza now?

fansince'76
03-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Last week, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he expected Roethlisberger to arrive with the rest of the Pittsburgh veterans.

:rolleyes: No, he didn't.

Tomlin said he does not know if Roethlisberger will attend the workouts, which are voluntary. But he said Roethlisberger is too competitive to stay away from offseason workouts and organized team practices, which begin April 19, for an extended period.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_673005.html#

All the bullshit and conjecture is getting old at this point. Real old.

tony hipchest
03-28-2010, 11:25 PM
....the decision was made for him not to attend the team's offseason program.

i said the same after he missed the initial workouts...

his bosses told him to stay t..f... home.

Voice of R eason
03-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Well it sure doesn't look like the last time Ben was accused of a sex crime....last time he made a public statement professing his innocence, this time he's in hiding.

pete74
03-29-2010, 03:27 AM
:rolleyes: No, he didn't.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_673005.html#

what are you talking about? that pretty much means he was expecting him there

stillers4me
03-29-2010, 05:21 AM
Well it sure doesn't look like the last time Ben was accused of a sex crime....last time he made a public statement professing his innocence, this time he's in hiding.

This time he's waiting to be cleared of criminal charges. This time his lawyers are telling him to lay low until they can get their job done. The PTB obviously think that Ben can work out on his own and the others can focus better on their jobs without the media distraction of him being there.

Everyone needs to stop thinking Ben is curled up in his basement in his pajamas, drinking whiskey out of a bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag, not showering, and turning inot a recluse. He's got a "film room", he's got a gym, and he's got a fax machine. No doubt he is involved with BA and Tomlin in writing new plays and doing whatever it is that they normally do this time of year.... just doing it from home.

:chillpill:

steeldawg
03-29-2010, 05:23 AM

Difference is the first case there were no criminal cahrges it was only a civil suit. The girl is not talking either by the way its simply because there is an investigation ongoing. however if you have been following bens lawyer did say his client is innocent and there will be no charges filed in this case. so if thats what your looking for there it is.

stillers4me
03-29-2010, 05:26 AM
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said last week at the NFL meetings in Orlando, Fla., that players who took 1,000 or more snaps last season were due to report today, including Roethlisberger. However, some additional Steelers veteran players, in addition to Roethlisberger, also aren't expected to show up this week, but Lockett didn't identify them.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_673876.html

stillers4me
03-29-2010, 05:32 AM
The real reason Ben isn't at OTA's:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/jerk1.jpg

plenewken
03-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Ben needs no stinkin' voluntary team workouts. The guy's disciplined enough to workout by himself. Look how buff he is now.

fansince'76
03-29-2010, 07:13 AM
what are you talking about? that pretty much means he was expecting him there

Established veterans such as Roethlisberger are not scheduled to report for workouts until Monday.

Tomlin said he does not know if Roethlisberger will attend the workouts, which are voluntary. But he said Roethlisberger is too competitive to stay away from offseason workouts and organized team practices, which begin April 19, for an extended period.

Where does he say in that statement that he expects Roethlisberger to arrive today "with the rest of the Pittsburgh veterans?" He doesn't. He expects him to show up at some point, but he doesn't know when. That's completely different than this statement:

Last week, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he expected Roethlisberger to arrive with the rest of the Pittsburgh veterans.

Reading (comprehension) is fundamental. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

HometownGal
03-29-2010, 07:33 AM

I think you and I should kick Ben square in his chubby ass cheeks for subjecting us to some of the :poop: that has been posted around here ever since this story broke. :banging:

I found Ben and he looks quite cozy to me. :noidea:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/PGHLADYmlg/BenTroll.jpg

zulater
03-29-2010, 10:54 AM

You can't distinguish the difference between addressing a civil suit in a case the police made it clear there would be no charges pursued and in a case that possibly could result in felony charges?

Sharkissle29
03-29-2010, 11:19 AM

new lawyer, new plan

zulater
03-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Anyone heard when they're going to reinterview Ben's accuser? I would think within 72 hours afterwards there should be some clarification as to where the case if going. With no DNA and with all the interviews completed (assuming Ben is still not planning on giving any further statement) it should be pretty simple, either bring charges, drop the case, or boot it to a grand jury. Hopefully by the end of this week we'll know where it's headed.

I think the worst part is being in the dark, I mean hell we still don't know what is speciically being alleged and what degree of crime might be charged?

Prok
03-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Anyone heard when they're going to reinterview Ben's accuser? I would think within 72 hours afterwards there should be some clarification as to where the case if going. With no DNA and with all the interviews completed (assuming Ben is still not planning on giving any further statement) it should be pretty simple, either bring charges, drop the case, or boot it to a grand jury. Hopefully by the end of this week we'll know where it's headed.

I think the worst part is being in the dark, I mean hell we still don't know what is speciically being alleged and what degree of crime might be charged?

I feel the same. Like there is a ton of info simply not being leaked or released.

My gut tells me some sort of charges are coming and the state of GA get's itself a high profile case. But i'm hoping and praying like hell to be pleasantly surprised with the out-come.

But as many stated, it can't get here soon enough for me. I just want some sort of finallity so we can move on already.

Steel_12
03-29-2010, 02:24 PM

She's right, actually. Most black people are waiting to see what's taking Goodell so long to react. Pac-Man wasn't charged before he was suspended, why is Ben getting the benefit of the doubt? The precedent Goodell set is why she wrote this piece. I don't see why people have a problem with Jemele Hill. What she says is what most black people are thinking and she gets labeled a racist (or playing the race card) all the time.

Steelers>NFL
03-29-2010, 02:52 PM
She's right, actually. Most black people are waiting to see what's taking Goodell so long to react. Pac-Man wasn't charged before he was suspended, why is Ben getting the benefit of the doubt? The precedent Goodell set is why she wrote this piece. I don't see why people have a problem with Jemele Hill. What she says is what most black people are thinking and she gets labeled a racist (or playing the race card) all the time.
I think P-Man was arrested 4 times, by the time Goodell suspended him.
Ben has not been arrested at all.
Just making a lot of noises with his stupidity.

pete74
03-29-2010, 02:58 PM

thats just insane. packman was arrested 7 times. there is a huge difference here. harrison slapped his wife and wasnt suspended, holmes smoked a blunt and wasnt suspended. why dont i hear any complaining about that?

Steel_12
03-29-2010, 03:06 PM
thats just insane. packman was arrested 7 times. there is a huge difference here. harrison slapped his wife and wasnt suspended, holmes smoked a blunt and wasnt suspended. why dont i hear any complaining about that?

It's not about being arrested if you read Goodell's policy. It's about embarrassing the NFL and if you think getting accused of Sexual assault TWICE isn't embarrassing to the NFL, that's what's insane. There is a difference in the way crimes are perceived too. Domestic violence and a misdemeanor are little compared to rape. Let's be real here. While I don't think he did it, he still should get treated the same way as other problematic NFL players.

fansince'76
03-29-2010, 03:22 PM
It's not about being arrested if you read Goodell's policy.

Yes, it is largely about being arrested and/or charged:

Persons charged with criminal activity

Any Covered Person arrested for or charged with conduct prohibited by this policy will be required to undergo a consultation and additional counseling as directed. Failure to comply with the consultation and counseling (including being arrested for or charged with additional criminal activity during the evaluation and counseling period) shall itself be conduct detrimental to the National Football League and shall be punishable by fine or suspension at the discretion of the Commissioner.

NFL Personal Conduct Policy (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2798214)

steelreserve
03-29-2010, 03:26 PM

Maybe because Pacman kept getting arrested time after time, and someone ended up shot and paralyzed as a result of his stupidity?

I mean, there's no he-said/she-said to a guy getting shot. Hard to argue there was any doubt in that case.

Steel_12
03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Yes, it is largely about being arrested and/or charged:

NFL Personal Conduct Policy (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2798214)

My fault...I was thinking of what he wrote to Vick:

"While it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football League to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy."

fansince'76
03-29-2010, 03:40 PM
My fault...I was thinking of what he wrote to Vick:

"While it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football League to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy."

Oh, don't get me wrong - Goodell is an assclown who very arbitrarily enforces his own rules, no question about that.

Indo
03-29-2010, 04:27 PM
the whole "what will we do if ben is suspended" topic has been moot all along anyways.

he got a blowie in a restroom.

as for his many concussions, he eats concussions and crown victorias for breakfast every morning.

with milk.

...in a dirty glass

OneForTheToe
03-29-2010, 04:39 PM
This time he's waiting to be cleared of criminal charges. This time his lawyers are telling him to lay low until they can get their job done. The BTB obviously think that Ben can work out on his own and the others can focus better on their jobs without the media distraction of him being there.

Everyone needs to stop thinking Ben is curled up in his basement in his pajamas, drinking whiskey out of a bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag, not showering, and turning inot a recluse. He's got a "film room", he's got a gym, and he's got a fax machine. No doubt he is involved with BA and Tomlin in writing new plays and doing whatever it is that they normally do this time of year.... just doing it from home.

:chillpill:

The Big Ben Web Cam:

I think he lost weight.
http://www.jaredbroad.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/13739_846594156595_23401518_49632081_3614478_n.jpg

Fire Haley
03-29-2010, 07:37 PM
If only Ben was like Sid

http://open.salon.com/files/sidney-crosby-sleeps-with-the-stanley-cup1245859505.jpg

Voice of R eason
03-29-2010, 08:16 PM
If only Ben was like Sid

http://open.salon.com/files/sidney-crosby-sleeps-with-the-stanley-cup1245859505.jpg

Pretty sure thats Malkin.:wave:

SteelCityMom
03-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Pretty sure thats Malkin.:wave:

:wtf: Nope...that's 100% Sid.

This is Malkin....
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_f3fTVkavMVg/SvF5tB67vYI/AAAAAAAADQs/3WxF0xjgI00/s400/stall_loves_malkin.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_f3fTVkavMVg/SvF6hVMJZlI/AAAAAAAADQ0/OgdV4lWjpyk/s320/malkin.jpg

AndyWitmyer
03-29-2010, 11:45 PM
I realize most of you will be scratching your heads or rolling your eyes as you read this, but hear me out:

I kinda wish Ben had chosen ANY other shirt than the one he was wearing that evening. I'm an agnostic so I personally don't give a poo what he was wearing, but ya know the average God-fearing individual is going to look at those photos and see that stupid "satanic looking" devil shirt and think "OMG look at that devil on his shirt! He's evil!!!!". I've seen stupid comments like that everywhere. In this country where you're guilty until proven innocent, the average person will see a "frightening" shirt like that and automatically assume that he worships Satan and so OBVIOUSLY he's a serial rapist.

You might disagree with me or think my point is silly, but come on, do you think the level of disgust that people are displaying toward Ben would be nearly as intense had he been wearing a "I LOVE JESUS!" shirt? lol. If he's going to continue to (stupidly) go out into public like this in the future, I think he really needs to at least consider EVERY consequence that might come of it, including that of his personal appearance. He's gotta know by now that people are going to take pictures of him when he's out - all I'm saying is if you're going to be the face a nationally (and internationally) admired NFL football team like Steelers, you ought to at least look the part.

Yes, I believe in individuality. Yes, I believe that Ben is free to wear anything he wants. But when was the last time you saw a picture of Payton Manning, or Drew Brees, or Tom Brady in a shady looking club wearing a shirt depicting Satan? Exactly. You haven't. I mean, if you have a picture to prove me wrong, by all means prove me wrong - I'd like to be proven wrong! The point is, you just don't see a QB looking like that very often (they're supposed to be role models, remember? haha).

You know, unlike Ben, I'm not a celebrity and unlike Ben, my job is lousy and pathetic, so maybe the comparison is a little unfair, but seriously: I'm pretty sure that if I walked into work wearing the same exact shirt he was wearing, my boss would probably call me into the office and ask for a drug test! I know, I know - Ben wasn't "on the clock", but still - I think in any sort of salaried position like that, you're ALWAYS "on the clock". IMO, you've gotta present a good image (and if not good, at least "neutral"). I don't personally think Ben is Satanic... in fact, just the thought of him worshiping the devil is really quite absurd... but let's face it, the average proletariat might beg to differ!

This whole mess is just another example of Ben demonstrating that he's not the mature, grown-up, two-time Super Bowl Champion Quarterback that we'd all like him to be. It makes me really sad to see him repeatedly end up in stupid situations like this. Obviously, the outcome of this rape allegation has many ramifications, as I'm fairly certain that if he IS found guilty, his @ss is canned. Even if the charges are dropped (which might happen regardless of his actual innocence), if he continues to act like this,and yes, it saddens me to say this, but I think he ought to be cut. And if he's not booted off the team entirely, Tomlin ought to bench his @ss until he understands that this kind of stupid behavior only jeopardizes himself, but the ENTIRE team! He needs to wake up and realize his that his actions are hurting so many people - from the Rooneys at the very top, right on down to his many (mostly loyal, but hugely disappointed) fans.

Even if he truly IS innocent, barring at least another convincing Super Bowl win, his image is pretty much ruined. Forever. I think this incident is going to haunt him for years and years to come. Sadly, 'm not even sure if another Super Bowl win can change this.

I know that this is like the 189th page of this discussion, but I haven't been on the board in several months and I just wanted to add my two cents on the matter. And I'm not sure if the topic of his apparel/appearance discussed at all in any of the 188 other pages prior to this one - my apologies if it was - but it's just something that was on my mind earlier today and I wanted to share it. On a final note, I think that the Steelers can get through this and come out stronger - they can do this with or without Ben. I want him to be innocent. I want to believe. I just don't have a good feeling about it, ya know?

steelerdude15
03-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Malkin is the man. :yep:

steelerdude15
03-30-2010, 12:44 AM
I kinda wish Ben had chosen ANY other shirt than the one he was wearing that evening. I'm an agnostic so I personally don't give a poo what he was wearing, but ya know the average God-fearing individual is going to look at those photos and see that stupid "satanic looking" devil shirt and think "OMG look at that devil on his shirt! He's evil!!!!". I've seen stupid comments like that everywhere. In this country where you're guilty until proven innocent, the average person will see a "frightening" shirt like that and automatically assume that he worships Satan and so OBVIOUSLY he's a serial rapist.
Freedom of expression is all I have to say and it's good that you posted how you feel, you have every right to do that. If people have a problem with that then they need to open there eyes and see the real world and stop crying over a shirt...

stlrtruck
03-30-2010, 07:54 AM
I realize most of you will be scratching your heads or rolling your eyes as you read this, but hear me out:

You might disagree with me or think my point is silly, but come on, do you think the level of disgust that people are displaying toward Ben would be nearly as intense had he been wearing a "I LOVE JESUS!" shirt? lol. If he's going to continue to (stupidly) go out into public like this in the future, I think he really needs to at least consider EVERY consequence that might come of it, including that of his personal appearance. He's gotta know by now that people are going to take pictures of him when he's out - all I'm saying is if you're going to be the face a nationally (and internationally) admired NFL football team like Steelers, you ought to at least look the part.

Yes, I believe in individuality. Yes, I believe that Ben is free to wear anything he wants. But when was the last time you saw a picture of Payton Manning, or Drew Brees, or Tom Brady in a shady looking club wearing a shirt depicting Satan? Exactly. You haven't. I mean, if you have a picture to prove me wrong, by all means prove me wrong - I'd like to be proven wrong! The point is, you just don't see a QB looking like that very often (they're supposed to be role models, remember? haha).

You know, unlike Ben, I'm not a celebrity and unlike Ben, my job is lousy and pathetic, so maybe the comparison is a little unfair, but seriously: I'm pretty sure that if I walked into work wearing the same exact shirt he was wearing, my boss would probably call me into the office and ask for a drug test! I know, I know - Ben wasn't "on the clock", but still - I think in any sort of salaried position like that, you're ALWAYS "on the clock". IMO, you've gotta present a good image (and if not good, at least "neutral"). I don't personally think Ben is Satanic... in fact, just the thought of him worshiping the devil is really quite absurd... but let's face it, the average proletariat might beg to differ!

This whole mess is just another example of Ben demonstrating that he's not the mature, grown-up, two-time Super Bowl Champion Quarterback that we'd all like him to be. It makes me really sad to see him repeatedly end up in stupid situations like this. Obviously, the outcome of this rape allegation has many ramifications, as I'm fairly certain that if he IS found guilty, his @ss is canned. Even if the charges are dropped (which might happen regardless of his actual innocence), if he continues to act like this,and yes, it saddens me to say this, but I think he ought to be cut. And if he's not booted off the team entirely, Tomlin ought to bench his @ss until he understands that this kind of stupid behavior only jeopardizes himself, but the ENTIRE team! He needs to wake up and realize his that his actions are hurting so many people - from the Rooneys at the very top, right on down to his many (mostly loyal, but hugely disappointed) fans.

Even if he truly IS innocent, barring at least another convincing Super Bowl win, his image is pretty much ruined. Forever. I think this incident is going to haunt him for years and years to come. Sadly, 'm not even sure if another Super Bowl win can change this.

I know that this is like the 189th page of this discussion, but I haven't been on the board in several months and I just wanted to add my two cents on the matter. And I'm not sure if the topic of his apparel/appearance discussed at all in any of the 188 other pages prior to this one - my apologies if it was - but it's just something that was on my mind earlier today and I wanted to share it. On a final note, I think that the Steelers can get through this and come out stronger - they can do this with or without Ben. I want him to be innocent. I want to believe. I just don't have a good feeling about it, ya know?

As one of those God-fearing people you spoke of, I can only say this. I think his choice of shirt is stupid. But not so much because of the shirt but because the first year he played with the Steelers he put PFJ on his shoes which supposedly stood for 'Play For Jesus'. Let me stop here and say people make mistakes and they forget things they've done and public perception. Everyone deserves forgiveness when they ask and they deserve their second chances (yes, chances). But when it comes down to it, all those mistakes have nothing to do with the clothes he's wearing. I've learned it's never what a man says he is going to do but instead what he actually does! The shirt is just that - a shirt.

As for the players being role models, that no longer applies to the athletes in todays sports. They aren't in it for the fans, and imho, they don't give a rats arse about us when the chips are stacked against them.

fansince'76
03-30-2010, 08:10 AM
As for the players being role models, that no longer applies to the athletes in todays sports. They aren't in it for the fans, and imho, they don't give a rats arse about us when the chips are stacked against them.

Why should they? By and large, fans are overly judgmental and very quick to try, convict and sentence a player not on evidence, but based largely on rumor and conjecture.

stlrtruck
03-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Why should they? By and large, fans are overly judgmental and very quick to try, convict and sentence a player not on evidence, but based largely on rumor and conjecture.

You won't get any arguments from me on that statement. As much as it pleases me to hear my daughter ring out the names of Big Ben, Hines Ward, Sid the Kid, etc. It pleases me more when she asks to hear Matthew West or Britt Nicole. At the end of the day I'd rather my children emulate Christ than an athlete/star/idol that they only know what the media portrays about them.

Prok
03-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Damn, things have been eerily quiet lately with this case. Calm before the storm ??

pancake
03-30-2010, 02:49 PM

I have seen the pictures several times, but couldn't tell you what was on his shirt. I think it was a t-shirt and it was black. :noidea:

plenewken
03-30-2010, 03:52 PM
I have seen the pictures several times, but couldn't tell you what was on his shirt. I think it was a t-shirt and it was black. :noidea:

Can you tell now?

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac87/plenewken/roethlisbergerdevil.jpg

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac87/plenewken/devil2.jpg

vasteeler
03-30-2010, 04:23 PM
All this over a shirt geeez:doh::doh:
besides i think its a pretty cool shirt if you ask me

steeldawg
03-30-2010, 04:47 PM
T- SHIRTS DONT KILL PEOPLE. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE

pancake
03-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Damn, things have been eerily quiet lately with this case. Calm before the storm ??

I was thinking the same thing... I hate the dragging of this out.

steeldawg
03-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Ya really either you have a case or you dont. How much could there be to go over as far as evidence.

pancake
03-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Can you tell now?

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac87/plenewken/roethlisbergerdevil.jpg

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac87/plenewken/devil2.jpg

I just didn't pay attention to the shirt the first time or it didn't really matter to me, but either way, it is just a shirt... :noidea:

stillers4me
03-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Ben is da debil.

X-Terminator
03-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Seriously, who cares about a t-shirt? I have t-shirts with some questionable slogans...doesn't make me a bad person.

stillers4me
03-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Seriously, who cares about a t-shirt? I have t-shirts with some questionable slogans...doesn't make me a bad person.

You are da debil.

HometownGal
03-30-2010, 05:29 PM

http://www.promotional-products.co.nz/images/40-1-black-devil-hat.jpg

:toofunny::chuckle::toofunny:

stillers4me
03-30-2010, 05:32 PM

What is that sticking on the top of his head????? Maybe I shouldn't ask......... :chuckle:

steeldawg
03-30-2010, 05:33 PM

Spice up your love life.

43Hitman
03-30-2010, 05:43 PM
What is that sticking on the top of his head????? Maybe I shouldn't ask......... :chuckle:

Some things are better left unsaid. :toofunny:

HometownGal
03-30-2010, 05:55 PM

Ummmm . . . . errrrrrr . . . . you'll have to ask XT about that. :chuckle:

I know! It's a rotten pickle. That's it!

Prok
03-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Ya really either you have a case or you dont. How much could there be to go over as far as evidence.

I would think they pretty much would know which way this case is going by now. May as well come out and say it.

:noidea:

pancake
03-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Is it better or worse, from a defendent point of veiw, the longer this drags out? I know the longer it frags out, the more it hurts his rep, but as a defendent what is everyones take?

steeldawg
03-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Is it better or worse, from a defendent point of veiw, the longer this drags out? I know the longer it frags out, the more it hurts his rep, but as a defendent what is everyones take?

I honestly dont know . If i had to guess i would say its in his favor because if they had any solid evidence charging him would be easy then the trick would be making the charges stick in court. I personally think her not showing up for interviews and then rescheduling is a plot to try and get an out of court settlement. Because the longer it stays in the news the more heat bens rep takes so they maybe be thinking if we drag it out he will just pay to make it go away.

zulater
03-30-2010, 07:23 PM

Have they finished with their re-interview of the accuser yet? I would think once they're done with that they should come to some sort of decision on where to go with the charges within 72 hours. Or so one would hope.

Of course my greatest fear remains that the DA wont have the balls to dismiss the case, but wont have the balls to charge Ben either knowing that the chances for a conviction are minimal if even existent. So instead he'll boot it to the Grand Jury which doesn't reconvene until July. Or in other words we'll get nothing more than a 4 month holding pattern! :banging:

Prok
03-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Have they finished with their re-interview of the accuser yet? I would think once they're done with that they should come to some sort of decision on where to go with the charges within 72 hours. Or so one would hope.

Of course my greatest fear remains that the DA wont have the balls to dismiss the case, but wont have the balls to charge Ben either knowing that the chances for a conviction are minimal if even existent. So instead he'll boot it to the Grand Jury which doesn't reconvene until July. Or in other words we'll get nothing more than a 4 month holding pattern! :banging:

Good point.

I'm kinda torn now. Part of me thinks that if they had solid evidence charges would have been filed by now. Another part of me thinks since they are taking so long they may just be getting around to 2nd and 3rd interviews to pin charges on Ben.

Another kinda scary thought is that so very little has leaked out to the public in this case. The DA MAY just be sitting on some kind of strong evidence.

Like Ben's lawyer say's DNA request withdrawn, but GBI hasn't come out and directly stated that ?

pancake
03-30-2010, 07:31 PM
I honestly dont know . If i had to guess i would say its in his favor because if they had any solid evidence charging him would be easy then the trick would be making the charges stick in court. I personally think her not showing up for interviews and then rescheduling is a plot to try and get an out of court settlement. Because the longer it stays in the news the more heat bens rep takes so they maybe be thinking if we drag it out he will just pay to make it go away.

I was thinking the samething.

pancake
03-30-2010, 07:34 PM
I hate this stalemate... I would rather know now, no matter if it is going to be charges filed or not.

Prok
03-30-2010, 08:26 PM
I hate this stalemate... I would rather know now, no matter if it is going to be charges filed or not.

Same here.

Judging by reaction of opposing fans i know if they come out and say no charges will be filed there will be a ton of protests. Christ, they may even riot in cleveland. lol

HometownGal
03-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Judging by reaction of opposing fans i know if they come out and say no charges will be filed there will be a ton of protests. Christ, they may even riot in cleveland. lol

If they haven't yet rioted about that abysmal poor excuse of a team the Browns FO and Mangina puts on the field every season, they'd look like even bigger fools for B & M'ing about Ben. :chuckle:

Shea
03-30-2010, 09:40 PM
As far as the shirt Ben was wearing ...... perhaps he's really into Slingo?

Ummmm . . . . errrrrrr . . . . you'll have to ask XT about that. :chuckle:

I know! It's a rotten pickle. That's it!

So that's XT in the picture?

Handsome fella with headgear issues. :chuckle:

AndyWitmyer
03-31-2010, 05:11 AM

Like you, I personally don't really care what Ben wears - for all I care, he could put on a dress and be a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race - whatever makes him happy, it is a free country. The point I was making about his shirt is that I've seen A LOT of other people going so far as to say "BEN IS GUILTY CUZ HE'S WEARING A DEVIL SHIRT!!!111" - which is an incredibly stupid observation, but unfortunately it seems to only be confounding Ben's deteriorating PR situation.

While people like you and me don't necessarily care what he's wearing, whether fair or not, the average Joe Shmoe probably does. But I guess that's life! I'd say the most interesting thing I can get out of it is that who would have ever guessed Big Ben was into shopping at Hot Topic??

:coffee:

polamalubeast
03-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Everything will work out for ben and the steelers and they will win the super bowl 45 in Jerry Jones :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

pancake
03-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Things are a little too quiet. This process is way too slow... :snail:

Steelers17
03-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Things are a little too quiet. This process is way too slow... :snail:

You are correct and the longer the process remains unresolved henceforth the more likely Woody Blue is forwarding the case information to Frederic D. Bright’s office for adjudication!

Hope for the best but be reasonably prepared for negative news. :noidea:

SteveS
03-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Like you, I personally don't really care what Ben wears - for all I care, he could put on a dress and be a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race - whatever makes him happy, it is a free country. The point I was making about his shirt is that I've seen A LOT of other people going so far as to say "BEN IS GUILTY CUZ HE'S WEARING A DEVIL SHIRT!!!111" - which is an incredibly stupid observation, but unfortunately it seems to only be confounding Ben's deteriorating PR situation.

While people like you and me don't necessarily care what he's wearing, whether fair or not, the average Joe Shmoe probably does. But I guess that's life! I'd say the most interesting thing I can get out of it is that who would have ever guessed Big Ben was into shopping at Hot Topic??

:coffee:

The whole thing about the devil t-shirt. Some people take things WAY too seriously. The next time someone throws the "devil horns" in the air at a rock concert, you might as well go and call them a satanist by that reasoning.

The devil t-shirt clearly is nothing more than a humourus way of a t-shirt saying, "I'm a rebel".

pete74
03-31-2010, 06:53 PM
The whole thing about the devil t-shirt. Some people take things WAY too seriously. The next time someone throws the "devil horns" in the air at a rock concert, you might as well go and call them a satanist by that reasoning.

The devil t-shirt clearly is nothing more than a humourus way of a t-shirt saying, "I'm a rebel".

exactly. i have some ed hardey shirts with devils, beasts and all kind of crap on them. its just a shirt

steelerdude15
03-31-2010, 10:37 PM
A shirt is a shirt, there's more to worry about in life....

pancake
04-01-2010, 04:20 AM
You are correct and the longer the process remains unresolved henceforth the more likely Woody Blue is forwarding the case information to Frederic D. Bright’s office for adjudication!

Hope for the best but be reasonably prepared for negative news. :noidea:

I think you're right... :nervous:

atlsteelers
04-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Police close to wrapping up Roethlisberger investigation
ShareThisPrint E-mail By Christian Boone

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The investigation into a sexual assault charge leveled against Ben Roethlisberger will likely be completed minus a second interview with the Steelers quarterback.

"We're getting close to the end," Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow Blue told the AJC on Thursday. A 20-year-old Georgia College & State University sophomore reported the assault March 5 and police questioned Roethlisberger that night.

At that point, Roethlisberger indicated that he would return to the state for a sitdown with police and the GBI. But the quarterback's attorneys haven't made him available and Blue doesn't expect they will.

"We're still hoping [for an interview], but I doubt we'll get it," Blue said.

The chief would not comment on reports that the Capital City Club, the site of the alleged assault, accidentally recorded over potential video evidence.

Roethlisberger, 28, has maintained his innocence through attorneys.

Matty™
04-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Police close to wrapping up Roethlisberger investigation
ShareThisPrint E-mail By Christian Boone

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The investigation into a sexual assault charge leveled against Ben Roethlisberger will likely be completed minus a second interview with the Steelers quarterback.

"We're getting close to the end," Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow Blue told the AJC on Thursday. A 20-year-old Georgia College & State University sophomore reported the assault March 5 and police questioned Roethlisberger that night.

At that point, Roethlisberger indicated that he would return to the state for a sitdown with police and the GBI. But the quarterback's attorneys haven't made him available and Blue doesn't expect they will.

"We're still hoping [for an interview], but I doubt we'll get it," Blue said.

The chief would not comment on reports that the Capital City Club, the site of the alleged assault, accidentally recorded over potential video evidence.

Roethlisberger, 28, has maintained his innocence through attorneys.

thank christ this is soon to be over, what a farce.

Look up the saying 'making a mountain out of a mole hill' and you'll see Ben standing next to a 20 year old sophmore

polamalubeast
04-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I hate that everything is finished and I hope that Goodell does not suspend Roethlisberger if he is not guilty

OX1947
04-01-2010, 03:48 PM
If Goodel suspends him for nothing, that ****er should be done as commish. Comparing Ben's stuff to anyone of the aholes he suspended for killing people, shooting people or shooting themselves is not the same. Anyone can accuse someone of something. Ben hasnt even been charged on anything between these two ****ing girls. What the hell kind of legal system is this?

pete74
04-01-2010, 03:58 PM
if ben isnt charged and still suspended then im going to say flacco rapped me

revefsreleets
04-01-2010, 05:07 PM
I would suspend him.

I'd be at LEAST suspended from my job.

The NFL's player conduct policy has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. The litmus test is very vague, and it gives the NFL great discretion and wiggle room. Essentially, it says "Don't embarrass us". Ben did.

2 games, I'd say. He needs to grow up and act like a 28 year old man who has been told he's responsible for:
"It is not enough to simply avoid being found guilty of a crime," the new policy says. "Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the league is based, and is lawful.

steeldawg
04-01-2010, 05:40 PM
I would suspend him.

I'd be at LEAST suspended from my job.

The NFL's player conduct policy has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. The litmus test is very vague, and it gives the NFL great discretion and wiggle room. Essentially, it says "Don't embarrass us". Ben did.

2 games, I'd say. He needs to grow up and act like a 28 year old man who has been told he's responsible for:
"It is not enough to simply avoid being found guilty of a crime," the new policy says. "Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the league is based, and is lawful.

If he is cleared of these allegations then what exactly would you suspend him for. the problem then from now on any player who has allegations made against them will have to be suspended. Then you could go as far as suspending every player in the league who has sex because everytime they have sex they are putiing themselves in a situation for allegations to be made. I think goodell is right in waiting for the facts.

Corey120120
04-01-2010, 07:42 PM
if ben isnt charged and still suspended then im going to say flacco rapped me

I'll help you. I will say that we were just hanging out then all the sudden he grabbed you and took you behind a dumpster.

mesaSteeler
04-01-2010, 09:36 PM
(Notice the ho's blood alcohol content in article below - mesa)

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=185928&t=0
Police wrapping up Roethlisberger investigation
By COVERS.COM STAFF

Georgia law enforcement authorities have nearly completed their investigation into whether Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sexually assaulted a 20-year-old woman, according to a report Thursday by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"We're getting close to the end," Milledgeville police chief Woodrow Blue told the newspaper.

Roethlisberger, 28, has not been charged in the case. He admitted he had contact with the woman when she slipped and hit her head, but denied having sexual intercourse.

Rocky Duncan, who is the manager of the Capital City bar where the alleged assault took place, said that one of accuser's friends told him that a member of the quarterback's entourage denied her access to the area leading to the bathroom, according to a report last Friday by ESPN.com.

The accuser later told police that the two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback assaulted her in the bathroom.

Duncan said that Roethlisberger and his friends arrived at the bar at approximately 1:10 a.m. The group asked for VIP seating in a private section of the club, and that one of Roethlisberger's friends said, "We want the girls (to be allowed back into that section)."

The bouncer, who was stationed outside of the VIP section, then allowed women into the area throughout the evening, according to the report.

Last Thursday, investigators probing the charge discovered that they will not have access to any video footage from the nightclub where the attack allegedly occurred, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported.

Carl Cansino, an attorney for the Capital City nightclub in Milledgeville, Ga., said the security video system at the venue taped over any footage of the the night when Roethlisberger was accused of sexually assaulted the college student.

Agents for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation have the tape but were unable to retrieve any evidence from the footage.

Cansino said the nightclub's DVD system overwrote itself, leaving a tape made by one of Roethlisberger's friends as the the only video available to investigators.

The tape made by Roethlisberger's friend shows the quarterback with the woman, who was a sophomore at Georgia State College & University.

Cansino said there was no incriminating evidence on the tape - merely the type of footage one would expect to see at a birthday party.

According to Cansino, the alleged victim attempted to enter the club using a fake ID that showed she was born two years before her actual birthdate.

The newspaper also confirmed that the woman had a blood-alcohol level above 0.20, which is more than 10 times the legal limit for a person under age 20 in Georgia.

It is the second time in a year that Roethlisberger is facing sexual assault charges. In July 2009, a Nevada woman filed a civil suit against Roethlisberger, claiming he sexually assaulted her one year earlier at a celebrity golf tournament.

Criminal charges were never filed against Roethlisberger, who has steadfastly denied the allegations. The lawsuit is ongoing.

zulater
04-02-2010, 12:38 AM
If he is cleared of these allegations then what exactly would you suspend him for. the problem then from now on any player who has allegations made against them will have to be suspended. Then you could go as far as suspending every player in the league who has sex because everytime they have sex they are putiing themselves in a situation for allegations to be made. I think goodell is right in waiting for the facts.

I'll go you one further, though it's a long shot, let's say that the authorties conclude this case by bringing charges against the young lady for making false charges and conspriracy to defraud. So essentially you could be punishing someone who was the victim for all we know at this point. Again not suggesting that will be the outcome of all this, but Ben is certainly deserving of the benifit of the doubt from the Steelers and the league until the case has been successfully adjudicated.

pancake
04-02-2010, 03:17 AM
The latest news sounds like charges could be coming... :banging:

steeldawg
04-02-2010, 05:32 AM
The latest news sounds like charges could be coming... :banging:

What was the latest news?

Steel_Bus_24
04-02-2010, 05:39 AM
all Ive seen is that they were real close to giving their evidence to the DA to see if he wanted to prosecute

Prok
04-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Sticking to my original theory that charges will be coming.

Also i'm thinking at least a game or 2 suspended even with no charges. I don't think Goodell will let Ben slide for being in this position a second time.

Of course, hoping for the best though.

stlrtruck
04-02-2010, 12:44 PM

Also i'm thinking at least a game or 2 suspended even with no charges. I don't think Goodell will let Ben slide for being in this position a second time.

Maybe he'll slide this one under the carpet like he did spygate. I'm just saying. I mean I know we're not the patriots* but maybe he'll have a lapse of memory again. :thumbsup:

zulater
04-02-2010, 05:08 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10092/1047350-66.stm

Trash talking investigators? :doh:I don't like the sound of this at all, I've got little doubt that they think they've got the goods on Ben.

That's not to say I think he'll be found guilty ( if charged) but if this goes to trial you can forget about Ben playing in 2010.

zulater
04-02-2010, 05:09 PM

No charges no suspension. There's no precedent for suspending a player for being falsely accused of a crime.

Fire Haley
04-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Dixon to Sweed!

TD!

Steel_Bus_24
04-02-2010, 05:27 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10092/1047350-66.stm

Trash talking investigators? :doh:I don't like the sound of this at all, I've got little doubt that they think they've got the goods on Ben.

That's not to say I think he'll be found guilty ( if charged) but if this goes to trial you can forget about Ben playing in 2010.

I couldn't believe Police were talking like that...arn't they supposed to stay as emotionally detached as best they can.......either in Bens favor or against

Popping off like that will just make one side upset

pancake
04-02-2010, 05:41 PM
What the hell does this mean???

"There are a lot of people out there reporting things and repeating things that just are not true. They'll be eating crow later. It may taste delicious like Thanksgiving turkey now, but later on, when the facts come out, it'll taste like eating crow."

:noidea:

what has been reported that could be wrong?

Shoes
04-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Dixon to Sweed!

TD!

SWEEEEEEEEEET....SWEEEEEEEEEED! :chuckle:

Fire Haley
04-02-2010, 05:51 PM
What the hell does this mean???

what has been reported that could be wrong?

Jawjah prosecutors don't like big city slickers telling them how to run their case and those people saying they got paid off for losing that video evidence means "the fix is in" to let Ben walk.

I have a feeling they'll bring an indictment just to save the reputation of their "poor innocent daughter" from being called a gold digging drunken ho.

....then again 9 out of 10 stories from the "media" had Ben guilty from day 1.

Just so we know before the draft - that would be nice

steeldawg
04-02-2010, 09:18 PM
im nervous

pancake
04-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Jawjah prosecutors don't like big city slickers telling them how to run their case and those people saying they got paid off for losing that video evidence means "the fix is in" to let Ben walk.

I have a feeling they'll bring an indictment just to save the reputation of their "poor innocent daughter" from being called a gold digging drunken ho.

....then again 9 out of 10 stories from the "media" had Ben guilty from day 1.

Just so we know before the draft - that would be nice

I am not sure what to think... :noidea:

Prok
04-03-2010, 07:49 AM
No charges no suspension. There's no precedent for suspending a player for being falsely accused of a crime.

I hope youre right. But I can't see Goodell letting him slide even though he's only been "accused". It happened twice in a year. Red flag raised and prolly game or 2 supension imo.

WH
04-03-2010, 07:59 AM
I hope youre right. But I can't see Goodell letting him slide even though he's only been "accused". It happened twice in a year. Red flag raised and prolly game or 2 supension imo.

If Goodell suspends Roethlisberger I might not watch any football next year. Goodell is not the morality police, he's not these guys' father. No crime, no suspension. If he suspends him for being accused of something twice, I think opposing teams just found a new way to hurt the teams they are playing. Hire some woman to lure horny star players into these situations and then scream rape.

And don't say I'm nuts, because I wouldn't put it passed coaches like Bellicheat and Marvin Lewis.

zulater
04-03-2010, 08:51 AM

The union wouldn't allow it. All the players Goodell's suspended had already either been found guilty of criminal conduct by trial or plea agreement prior to him imposing punishment. Find me the exception and perhaps I'll start to worry.

Of course if Ben is charged then it's a different matter entirely. I don't think the league would suspend him, but the Steelers would all but be forced to grant him some form of leave of absnese until his case is successfully adjudicated.

klick81
04-03-2010, 09:32 AM
I couldn't believe Police were talking like that...arn't they supposed to stay as emotionally detached as best they can.......either in Bens favor or against

I couldn't believe I was reading that myself. I thought for a minute there I had followed a link to The Onion. Ridiculous and completely unprofessional.

SteelersinCA
04-03-2010, 10:41 AM

You really think police are neutral?

OneForTheToe
04-03-2010, 11:54 AM
You really think police are neutral?

They are probably tired of hearing "anonymous sources" stating that their case was falling apart. In the end, I don't think it will matter. After the Duke Lacrosse fiasco, I am thinking the D. A. will only go forward if he thinks that he can win. At this point, it is anyone else's guess if those conditions exist.

Fire Haley
04-03-2010, 07:55 PM
I am not sure what to think... :noidea:

Me neither, Ben is The Man - but I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him....call me fickle

Bluedust
04-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Me neither, Ben is The Man - but I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him....call me fickle

Your avatar is awesome, you know what season and episode that's from? I'm assuming this last season. I'd like to watch it.

WH
04-04-2010, 03:29 AM

As the double chin grows, this becomes less and less.

43Hitman
04-04-2010, 09:17 AM
[/B]

As the double chin grows, this becomes less and less.

:rofl:

steelreserve
04-04-2010, 10:09 PM
The union wouldn't allow it. All the players Goodell's suspended had already either been found guilty of criminal conduct by trial or plea agreement prior to him imposing punishment. Find me the exception and perhaps I'll start to worry.

The union "wouldn't allow it?" They can do jack shit about it if he gets suspended. Maybe they'll file some limp-dicked grievance, hoping they can get some of his money back, but that'll go to court a couple years after the fact and he'll still miss the games. Look at what happened to Plaxico Burress. He got suspended both by the team and indefinitely by the league well before there was any plea deal.

In any case, I think the union has its head so far up its own ass that it's got virtually no power to do anything except rubber-stamp "player safety initiatives" intended to protect Tom Brady's vagina at the expense of playing real football.

zulater
04-04-2010, 10:16 PM
The union "wouldn't allow it?" They can do jack shit about it if he gets suspended. Maybe they'll file some limp-dicked grievance, hoping they can get some of his money back, but that'll go to court a couple years after the fact and he'll still miss the games. Look at what happened to Plaxico Burress. He got suspended both by the team and indefinitely by the league well before there was any plea deal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/04/sports/football/04giants.html?_r=1

Wrong and wrong. He got released by the Giants and could have been signed by any team that decided it wanted him. And Goodell didn't act until after Burress had reached a plea agreement with local authorities.

In any case, I think the union has its head so far up its own ass that it's got virtually no power to do anything except rubber-stamp "player safety initiatives" intended to protect Tom Brady's vagina at the expense of playing real football.

If Ben isn't charged he wont be suspended. Mark it down

.:coffee:

steelreserve
04-05-2010, 12:54 PM
If Ben isn't charged he wont be suspended. Mark it down

.:coffee:

That I agree with. But not because of the union or anything they could do. More like because the case against him is pretty dumb in the first place.

Prok
04-05-2010, 01:03 PM
That I agree with. But not because of the union or anything they could do. More like because the case against him is pretty dumb in the first place.

I don't think it would have taken this long if the evidence against him was weak. And I do think he'd still get some sort of suspension even without charges. I can't see Goodell letting it slide.

2 sexual assault charges in a year? Even if he's innocent and no charges come about (unlikely imo), either the team or league will give him some sort of warning for being in this situation. Maybe the team slaps a game or two on him to keep Goodell off their backs.

DoubleSh0t
04-05-2010, 01:14 PM
2 sexual assault charges in a year?

He is not charged in either case. He is facing 2 allegations. I can allege anything I want to, like that Tiger Woods came on to me (what a story that would be)! Doesn't make it true, and until something official happens the league will not take action.

Prok
04-05-2010, 02:35 PM
He is not charged in either case. He is facing 2 allegations. I can allege anything I want to, like that Tiger Woods came on to me (what a story that would be)! Doesn't make it true, and until something official happens the league will not take action.

My bad. Should have said "accusations".

pancake
04-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Your avatar is awesome, you know what season and episode that's from? I'm assuming this last season. I'd like to watch it.

Google south park and it is the first episode of season 14 and it was very funny.

pancake
04-05-2010, 02:37 PM
We have a new week and I wonder if something will come out before it is up?

Prok
04-05-2010, 04:45 PM
We have a new week and I wonder if something will come out before it is up?

Hopefully. I'm still wondering who's delicious thanksgiving turkey is going to turn into nasty assed crow when the facts come out. lol

zulater
04-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Hopefully. I'm still wondering who's delicious thanksgiving turkey is going to turn into nasty assed crow when the facts come out. lol

I'm getting very nervous. I'm not trying to be provacative when I say I'm becoming more and more convinced that Ben has played his last game as a Steeler. His failure to meet with authorities to be interviewed again in regards to the allegations concerns me greatly. Obviously it's his right not to say another word on the matter, and I'm sure he's acting on his attorney's advice. But it occurs to me that if Ben had nothing to hide he wouldn't hesitate to give another interview. That's not to say I believe he commited felony sexual assualt, but his lack of cooperation indicates to me that he either lied when he gave his initial statement, and/ or he knows full well that he crossed the line of standard deceny and that his actions were at the very least deviant and cruel in nature if not criminal.

Now of course maybe his lawyers figure there's just not enough evidence to bring charges, and any further statement, while not indicitive of criminal conduct would still paint Ben in a bad light, so they'll just wait the investigation out without putting anything further for the press to later scrutinize?

Anyway you cut it though the fact that this case drags on and shows no sign of going away seems to indicate to me charges are only a matter of time. Assuming that's the case the Steelers will have to put Ben on some form of administrative leave until his case is concluded. Or in other words the chances of Ben being behind center early next season if at all next season grow slimmer and slimmer by the day.

Prok
04-06-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm getting very nervous. I'm not trying to be provacative when I say I'm becoming more and more convinced that Ben has played his last game as a Steeler. His failure to meet with authorities to be interviewed again in regards to the allegations concerns me greatly. Obviously it's his right not to say another word on the matter, and I'm sure he's acting on his attorney's advice. But it occurs to me that if Ben had nothing to hide he wouldn't hesitate to give another interview. That's not to say I believe he commited felony sexual assualt, but his lack of cooperation indicates to me that he either lied when he gave his initial statement, and/ or he knows full well that he crossed the line of standard deceny and that his actions were at the very least deviant and cruel in nature if not criminal.

Now of course maybe his lawyers figure there's just not enough evidence to bring charges, and any further statement, while not indicitive of criminal conduct would still paint Ben in a bad light, so they'll just wait the investigation out without putting anything further for the press to later scrutinize?

Anyway you cut it though the fact that this case drags on and shows no sign of going away seems to indicate to me charges are only a matter of time. Assuming that's the case the Steelers will have to put Ben on some form of administrative leave until his case is concluded. Or in other words the chances of Ben being behind center early next season if at all next season grow slimmer and slimmer by the day.

I'd say thats a valid concern. I'm not comfortable with how long this is dragging out either. I think there's alot of info that we're either not being told or not told correctly. Obviously some media reports have drawn criticism from investigators. We just don't know which ones. But there is some info out there that we just don't knw exists imo.

I'm just thinking the longer this drags out, the worse for Ben. Maybe it's just the pessimist in me.

DoubleSh0t
04-06-2010, 11:24 AM
But if they had some hard evidence and a strong case wouldn't charges be filed sooner? I'm hoping they're trying to grasp at straws and taking a long time to do it.

fansince'76
04-06-2010, 11:40 AM
But if they had some hard evidence and a strong case wouldn't charges be filed sooner? I'm hoping they're trying to grasp at straws and taking a long time to do it.

Seems logical to me. For comparison's sake, on July 1, 2003, Kobe Bryant was accused of sexual assault. On July 4, 2003, a warrant for his arrest was issued, and on July 18, 2003, a charge of felony sexual assault was filed against him: Kobe Bryant Case Timeline (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2004-09-01-kobe-bryant-case-timeline_x.htm)

Steelers17
04-06-2010, 11:45 AM

No, his defense armada would scream loud and long that the guy was indicted as a result of a, "Rush to judgment!"

Time will tell but be prepared for an indictment and likely relatively near term with sufficent time to gather evidence now reasonably in place! :noidea:

Stu Pidasso
04-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I still think they are waffling, and passing the buck to the grand jury.

steeldawg
04-06-2010, 06:09 PM
ben does not have to say anything and if his lawyer thinks they have no evidence he wont let ben interview. the reason is if they have no evidence and need ben to admit something to proceed then not interviewing is the smart thing to do. I actually think that is good news because his lawyer is basically saying we're not saying anything if you have something go ahead and use it ,and so far they haven't.

pete74
04-06-2010, 06:20 PM
ben does not have to say anything and if his lawyer thinks they have no evidence he wont let ben interview. the reason is if they have no evidence and need ben to admit something to proceed then not interviewing is the smart thing to do. I actually think that is good news because his lawyer is basically saying we're not saying anything if you have something go ahead and use it ,and so far they haven't.

actually if you have nothing to hide you usually will interview. obviously you bring your lawyer so words wont be twisted. if someone dosnt want to interview again it usually means there hiding something

steeldawg
04-06-2010, 06:26 PM
actually if you have nothing to hide you usually will interview. obviously you bring your lawyer so words wont be twisted. if someone dosnt want to interview again it usually means there hiding something

Ya that sounds nice to say, but any lawyer who is worth anything will tell you you dont say anything unless you have too. if they have no evidence why give them anything they are gonna make them prove the accusations. this guy is the best attorney maybe on the planet i would say he knows what hes doing

WH
04-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Big Ben ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, no way would I let him go into a Police interview on record.

pete74
04-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Ya that sounds nice to say, but any lawyer who is worth anything will tell you you dont say anything unless you have too. if they have no evidence why give them anything they are gonna make them prove the accusations. this guy is the best attorney maybe on the planet i would say he knows what hes doing

your kidding right? how would you give them evidence if your innocent and didnt do anything? come on man. i know you want to hope for the best and i do to but be realistic. if your innocent then you have nothing to hide and you help in any way possible to clear your name. now if bens attorney feels he already told his entire story and dosnt want him to repeat it thats a different story

steeldawg
04-06-2010, 06:37 PM
your kidding right? how would you give them evidence if your innocent and didnt do anything? come on man. i know you want to hope for the best and i do to but be realistic

Pete just stop already guilty or innocent you dont risk saying anything they can use. HIs attorney is making the decisions , you know the guy that does this for a living and is the best at it. Im sure if he needs any help with this case he will contact you. If i was arrested for something i didnt do , first thing i would is get lawyered up and shut my mouth.

pete74
04-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Pete just stop already guilty or innocent you dont risk saying anything they can use. HIs attorney is making the decisions , you know the guy that does this for a living and is the best at it. Im sure if he needs any help with this case he will contact you. If i was arrested for something i didnt do , first thing i would is get lawyered up and shut my mouth.

and that will be the reason that you will be the number 1 suspect. if your innocent you always cooperate with police to clear your name. its nice to play attorney but thats bad advice your giving and it will make you look guilty. as for his attorney, like i said before, maybe ben already said everything he knows or maybe he is hiding something. eitherway you and i dont know.

steeldawg
04-06-2010, 06:52 PM
and that will be the reason that you will be the number 1 suspect. if your innocent you always cooperate with police to clear your name. its nice to play attorney but thats bad advice your giving and it will make you look guilty. as for his attorney, like i said before, maybe ben already said everything he knows or maybe he is hiding something. eitherway you and i dont know.

So bens attorney is giving him bad advice? Why dont you enlighten us pete gives us the facts of the case since you obviously know whats going on. Any lawyer will tell you not to talk to police. thats why when your rights are read they say whatever you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. It makes no sense to interview if you dont have too.

mwittman5
04-06-2010, 07:10 PM
If obama really is a steeler fan he will get this case closed :chuckle:

Preacher
04-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Seems logical to me. For comparison's sake, on July 1, 2003, Kobe Bryant was accused of sexual assault. On July 4, 2003, a warrant for his arrest was issued, and on July 18, 2003, a charge of felony sexual assault was filed against him: Kobe Bryant Case Timeline (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2004-09-01-kobe-bryant-case-timeline_x.htm)

Yeah, but FS. This IS the south now.

Things are simply done different in the south, right, wrong, or indifferent. It simple is.

And these charges, regardless of how they are brought, will probably be used in political manipulations in Georgia when it comes time for elections.

What way? I have no idea. But you can be sure there WILL be a way.

OneForTheToe
04-06-2010, 07:44 PM

Do we know yet whether or not the alleged victim has come in for that second interview with the police? That's a pretty big "if/and/or" hanging over this case,

zulater
04-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Do we know yet whether or not the alleged victim has come in for that second interview with the police? That's a pretty big "if/and/or" hanging over this case,

The Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault investigation is complete ... except for one Big thing.

Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow Blue tells TMZ they've completed their investigation -- including a follow-up interview with the alleged victim -- but they'd still like to button it up with a follow-up interview with Big Ben. Problem is -- Ben's not talking.

So assuming Ben exercises his right to remain silent, the Chief is still kosher with the case -- kinda sorta. We asked Chief Blue if he's satisfied, and he said, "Yeah, I guess."

Ben's lawyer isn't talking about why Ben isn't talking.

As for when a decision will be made on whether to prosecute the Pittsburgh Steelers QB, we're told the Georgia Bureau of Investigation will make that call ... "soon."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/06/ben-roethlisberger-sexual-assault-investigation-pittsburgh-steelers/#ixzz0kNWjY96S

Shea
04-06-2010, 09:48 PM
I hope that soon will be the case.

Get this going one way or the other and hope for the best.

Kaeg
04-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Guilt or innocence, you keep your mouth shut until the times comes to speak. Good advice that all attorneys will give. Even innocent people that don't know the ins and outs of the legal system can accidentally say things that appear incriminating.

steelerdude15
04-06-2010, 11:12 PM
"Oh no not I, I will survive
Oh, as long as I know how
to love, I know I'll stay alive
& I've got all my life to live
& I've got all my love to give
I'll survive, I will survive
Hey, Hey!!!"
Ben will survive, just give him time.

Galax Steeler
04-07-2010, 02:59 AM
As for when a decision will be made on whether to prosecute the Pittsburgh Steelers QB, we're told the Georgia Bureau of Investigation will make that call ... "soon." [/I]

I sure hope it is over soon so we can get on with it.

pancake
04-07-2010, 03:52 AM
The Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault investigation is complete ... except for one Big thing.

Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow Blue tells TMZ they've completed their investigation -- including a follow-up interview with the alleged victim -- but they'd still like to button it up with a follow-up interview with Big Ben. Problem is -- Ben's not talking.

So assuming Ben exercises his right to remain silent, the Chief is still kosher with the case -- kinda sorta. We asked Chief Blue if he's satisfied, and he said, "Yeah, I guess."

Ben's lawyer isn't talking about why Ben isn't talking.

As for when a decision will be made on whether to prosecute the Pittsburgh Steelers QB, we're told the Georgia Bureau of Investigation will make that call ... "soon."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/06/ben-roethlisberger-sexual-assault-investigation-pittsburgh-steelers/#ixzz0kNWjY96S

I think that this means charges are coming, but I also think that it is not a strong case. If it was a strong case, I think they would have already dropped the bomb.

I hate this waiting game. :banging:

steeldawg
04-07-2010, 05:06 AM
Guilt or innocence, you keep your mouth shut until the times comes to speak. Good advice that all attorneys will give. Even innocent people that don't know the ins and outs of the legal system can accidentally say things that appear incriminating.

exactly my point :hatsoff:

Steelers17
04-07-2010, 07:38 AM
No, his defense armada would scream loud and long that the guy was indicted as a result of a, "Rush to judgment!"

Time will tell but be prepared for an indictment and likely relatively near term with sufficent time to gather evidence now reasonably in place! :noidea:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36205466

polamalubeast
04-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Police finish Big Ben investigation, send findings to DA
Wednesday, April 07, 2010
By Dan Majors, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. -- Authorities have concluded their month-long investigation into allegations that Ben Roethlisberger sexually assaulted a 20-year-old woman and forwarded their findings to the local district attorney.

Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow W. Blue Jr. today released a statement saying the findings had been sent Tuesday evening to Frederic D. Bright, Ocmulgee Judical Court district attorney.

The judicial court encompasses Milledgeville, near where the Steelers quarterback has an off-season home.

Mr. Bright will review the findings, consider whether additional investigation and interviews are necessary, and decide whether criminal charges should be filed.

If so, Mr. Bright would take the findings before a grand jury, meaning it could be months before charges, if any, are brought against the Steelers quarterback.

The investigation into Mr. Roethlisberger, 28, began last month when a student at Georgia College and State University told police he sexually assaulted her inside a nightclub called Capital City. Authorities have been vague about the circumstances and specific accusations.

Mr. Roethlisberger has denied doing anything wrong through his Atlanta-based attorney.

On Monday, Mr. Bright took a 20-minute tour of the nightclub. He was accompanied by Carl Cansino, the club's lawyer.

Authorities would not comment on whether the tour was related to the Roethlisberger investigation.

Chief Blue said the department would have no further comment.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10097/1048518-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0kR1Rm3Te

WH
04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
They're really trying to drag this out to sell more paper's. That's for sure.

fansince'76
04-07-2010, 12:19 PM
On Monday, Mr. Bright took a 20-minute tour of the nightclub. He was accompanied by Carl Cansino, the club's lawyer.

Authorities would not comment on whether the tour was related to the Roethlisberger investigation.

Oh, I'm sure it wasn't. Due to budget cuts, Bright's position is now "District Attorney/Health Inspector." :rolleyes:

WH
04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Oh, I'm sure it wasn't. Due to budget cuts, Bright's position is now "District Attorney/Health Inspector." :rolleyes:

You found that statement as ridiculous as I did? Good. For heaven's sakes....how stupid do they think people are.

Dino 6 Rings
04-07-2010, 12:50 PM
So now its up to the DA to determine if he feels he has the evidence he needs to continue with a sexual assualt case.

If he drops the case, look for a quick turn around with a Civil Lawsuit.

pancake
04-07-2010, 03:33 PM
So now its up to the DA to determine if he feels he has the evidence he needs to continue with a sexual assualt case.

If he drops the case, look for a quick turn around with a Civil Lawsuit.

I wonder how long the DA will drag it out?

Stu Pidasso
04-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Depends if he's a Falcons/Patriots*/Cowboys/Ravens/Colts/etc. fan...

Merchant
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
WTF is this. We've been waiting all this time for the investigation to close and it finally closes.. only to be turned over to the D.A. - which probably means it'll drag on for another month. Perfect!

pete74
04-07-2010, 05:00 PM
this is what happens. the cops gather all the info and hand it over to the da who decides if the case is strong enough to go to trial. it would of been better if the cops decided there wasnt enough evidence and never handed it to the da but oh well

Merchant
04-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Oh.. lol. This is what always happens? Guess I gotta brush up on my legal knowledge.

P.S. Ben = God

stillers4me
04-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Actually, I think the police are passing the buck. They don't want to look biased after half the police department got their pictures taken with Ben all night long. By handing it over to the DA, he can be the guy that let the big bad, serial rapist get away and answer to the girl's family.

HometownGal
04-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Actually, I think the police are passing the buck. They don't want to look biased after half the police department got their pictures taken with Ben all night long. By handing it over to the DA, he can be the guy that let the big bad, serial rapist get away and answer to the girl's family.

Bingo. :thumbsup:

I wish one way or the other, this damned thing would be settled one way or the other (though I do not believe Ben is guilty of anything but a fat head (the one that sits on his shoulders) and the common sense of a doughnut hole)) so that both he and we fans can get on with looking forward to the draft, football season (and our sanity). :banging:

NEPAsteeler
04-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Bingo. :thumbsup:

I wish one way or the other, this damned thing would be settled one way or the other (though I do not believe Ben is guilty of anything but a fat head (the one that sits on his shoulders) and the common sense of a doughnut hole)) so that both he and we fans can get on with looking forward to the draft, football season (and our sanity). :banging:

Not to mention not having to hear "Rapistberger" and other stuff.

But, I think we'll be stuck with that stuff for a long, long time. :doh:

fansince'76
04-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Not to mention not having to hear "Rapistberger" and other stuff.

But, I think we'll be stuck with that stuff for a long, long time. :doh:

Yep, "Rapistberger" is here to stay....