PDA

View Full Version : Yo TMZ.com is reporting Big Ben has been accused of sexual assault again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

NEPAsteeler
04-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Yep, "Rapistberger" is here to stay....

Well, I suppose "Rapistberger" fits right in with "Sh*tsburgh" :chuckle:

zulater
04-08-2010, 02:07 AM
WTF is this. We've been waiting all this time for the investigation to close and it finally closes.. only to be turned over to the D.A. - which probably means it'll drag on for another month. Perfect!

Might be longer than that. The DA could kick it to the Grand Jury, which doesn't reconvene until July. :banging:

polamalubeast
04-08-2010, 02:44 AM
Might be longer than that. The DA could kick it to the Grand Jury, which doesn't reconvene until July. :banging:

:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

pete74
04-08-2010, 04:41 AM
Actually, I think the police are passing the buck. They don't want to look biased after half the police department got their pictures taken with Ben all night long. By handing it over to the DA, he can be the guy that let the big bad, serial rapist get away and answer to the girl's family.

they have no choice. police do not prosecute, the DA does. the cops job are to gather info then pass it along to the DA who decides if the case is strong enough to stand trail.

Galax Steeler
04-08-2010, 04:49 AM
Seems like we might be getting ready to find out pretty soon weather they will prosecute or not.

HometownGal
04-08-2010, 06:51 AM
Well, I suppose "Rapistberger" fits right in with "Sh*tsburgh" :chuckle:

In "Pot-hole-vania". :chuckle:

(Or Taxylvania).

zulater
04-08-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm just sick of being in the dark already. I feel as if I've been watching a tennis match the last 5 weeks ( or whatever) it just goes back and forth, and so do my emotions. Some days I'm convinced of Ben's innocence, other days I'm convinced that he did something he shouldn't have, that may or may not rise to the level of a criminal offense. Still though even in my darkest moments ( on the topic) I refuse to believe that he commited a full fledged felony sexual assualt, even though that may be where the charges are going.

Anyway if he is going to charged, do it already, let's at least see what's specifically being alleged. If charges aren't warranted how long can it take to determine that? Ego and state pride need to be shelved ( by Ga authorities) , you either have a case of you don't. Quit screwing around, shit or get off the pot!

steeldawg
04-08-2010, 10:46 AM
I think this a show , i dont think charges will be filed. I dont think they are going to charge a prominent member of a small georiga community over a he said she said. I think this is all just to say a complete investigation was done.

zulater
04-08-2010, 10:53 AM
I think the thing that sways me the most in Ben's favor ( besides blatant blinded homerism) is the fact that the case wasn't even 72 hours in and his accuser got herself a lawyer. It's always been my understanding that if you're the aggrieved party in a criminal situation the state is in fact your advocate. That she was so quick to lawyer up indicates to me that she's got something to hide or is after something ( payday) or both. A truly damaged victim wouldn't be so quick to start looking for their payday imo.

SteelGhost
04-08-2010, 11:06 AM
I think the thing that sways me the most in Ben's favor ( besides blatant blinded homerism) is the fact that the case wasn't even 72 hours in and his accuser got herself a lawyer. It's always been my understanding that if you're the aggrieved party in a criminal situation the state is in fact your advocate. That she was so quick to lawyer up indicates to me that she's got something to hide or is after something ( payday) or both. A truly damaged victim wouldn't be so quick to start looking for their payday imo.

I agree zulater, well said :drink:

Rick5895
04-08-2010, 11:15 AM
While I agree with you, unfortunately in todays society, after someone feels the were criminally wronged the first thing they do is lawyer up to get some financial compensation.

Stu Pidasso
04-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Innocent question: IF the DA decides to charge Ben, will we learn what the pure, sweet, innocent, daisy-like woman's name is?

pancake
04-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Innocent question: IF the DA decides to charge Ben, will we learn what the pure, sweet, innocent, daisy-like woman's name is?

I can't believe it hasn't been leaked out already on the internet.

pancake
04-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Actually, I think the police are passing the buck. They don't want to look biased after half the police department got their pictures taken with Ben all night long. By handing it over to the DA, he can be the guy that let the big bad, serial rapist get away and answer to the girl's family.

I think you bring up a good point. :thumbsup:

Steel_Bus_24
04-08-2010, 01:41 PM

that and her listing Bens exact weight from roster descriptions

but who knows this might just be the calm before the storm

Prok
04-08-2010, 02:25 PM
maybe they are trying to make Ben sweat it out for not interviewing a second time. lol

Fire Haley
04-08-2010, 02:45 PM
It could be many, many months before we know anything

Police finish Big Ben investigation, send findings to DA

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. -- Authorities have concluded their month-long investigation into allegations that Ben Roethlisberger sexually assaulted a 20-year-old woman and forwarded their findings to the local district attorney.

Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow W. Blue Jr. today released a statement saying the findings had been sent Tuesday evening to Frederic D. Bright, Ocmulgee Judical Court district attorney.

The judicial court encompasses Milledgeville, near where the Steelers quarterback has an off-season home.

Mr. Bright will review the findings, consider whether additional investigation and interviews are necessary, and decide whether criminal charges should be filed.

If so, Mr. Bright would take the findings before a grand jury, meaning it could be months before charges, if any, are brought against the Steelers quarterback.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10097/1048518-100.stm

-------------------

If Mr. Bright decides to pursue the case, he would take the matter before a grand jury, meaning it could be months before charges, if any, are filed

WH
04-08-2010, 04:03 PM
I want to see what this chick looked like. She better have been absolutely gorgeous for all this trouble to have been remotely worth it.

pete74
04-08-2010, 05:12 PM
It could be many, many months before we know anything

Police finish Big Ben investigation, send findings to DA

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. -- Authorities have concluded their month-long investigation into allegations that Ben Roethlisberger sexually assaulted a 20-year-old woman and forwarded their findings to the local district attorney.

Milledgeville Police Chief Woodrow W. Blue Jr. today released a statement saying the findings had been sent Tuesday evening to Frederic D. Bright, Ocmulgee Judical Court district attorney.

The judicial court encompasses Milledgeville, near where the Steelers quarterback has an off-season home.

Mr. Bright will review the findings, consider whether additional investigation and interviews are necessary, and decide whether criminal charges should be filed.

If so, Mr. Bright would take the findings before a grand jury, meaning it could be months before charges, if any, are brought against the Steelers quarterback.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10097/1048518-100.stm

-------------------

If Mr. Bright decides to pursue the case, he would take the matter before a grand jury, meaning it could be months before charges, if any, are filed

hopefully he just files charges or not and he dosnt bring this up for the grand jury to decide

Gnutella
04-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Ben will be charged in mid-July.

SMR
04-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Ben will be charged in mid-July.

I really hope not. I'd rather he gets charged immediately to get this danged thing over with.

:banging::banging::banging:

Dino 6 Rings
04-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Hey, just think, if this goes to trial, they can subpena the facebook history and twitter accounts for all the Sorrority Girls that were told to "take them down immedietely" and we can see what kind of sweet innocent, down right good southern girl kind of pictures they had up there before one of their own got involved with the cops and an NFL Super Star in a bar, while drunk and underage.

Yeah, that'll be sweet to see actually. Looking most forward to the keg stand pics.

Fire Haley
04-08-2010, 06:11 PM
hopefully he just files charges or not and he dosnt bring this up for the grand jury to decide

I had a dream last night that Ben pleaded guilty before a jury.

spooky

Nadroj 20
04-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I had a dream last night that Ben pleaded guilty before a jury.

spooky

Dream? Try NIGHTMARE

pancake
04-08-2010, 10:27 PM
I want to see what this chick looked like. She better have been absolutely gorgeous for all this trouble to have been remotely worth it.

Shoot the last one he got in trouble with looked like the winner of last years Kentucky Derby... :chuckle:

NJarhead
04-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Shoot the last one he got in trouble with looked like the winner of last years Kentucky Derby... :chuckle:

:rofl:

I don't think you were being fair to the horse. :chuckle:

Shea
04-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Hey, just think, if this goes to trial, they can subpena the facebook history and twitter accounts for all the Sorrority Girls that were told to "take them down immedietely" and we can see what kind of sweet innocent, down right good southern girl kind of pictures they had up there before one of their own got involved with the cops and an NFL Super Star in a bar, while drunk and underage.

Yeah, that'll be sweet to see actually. Looking most forward to the keg stand pics.

What college student doesn't have party pictures on their facebook/myspace accounts?

Hell, it's a part of college. Every student has a major, and the mass majority also have a minor - partying.

I don't see how any of that will have an affect on what will come of this case.

fansince'76
04-09-2010, 12:51 AM
What college student doesn't have party pictures on their facebook/myspace accounts?

Hell, it's a part of college. Every student has a major, and the mass majority also have a minor - partying.

I don't see how any of that will have an affect on what will come of this case.

It might go a long way toward shooting to hell the picture of the alleged victim of chastity, innocence and being as "pure as the driven snow" that's been painted so far.

Shea
04-09-2010, 01:04 AM
It'll go a long way toward shooting to hell the picture of the alleged victim of chastity, innocence and being as "pure as the driven" snow that's been painted so far.

Well, I've obviously missed something within the reporting of this story and of her and her perceived "pure as the driven" snow classification and that of chastity.

Links? I'd appreciate them to give me a better perspective of this girl.

Party pictures aren't shit anymore. It's kids and it's college, and drinking will always be in that mix.

fansince'76
04-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Well, I've obviously missed something within the reporting of this story and of her and her perceived "pure as the driven" snow classification and that of chastity.

Links? I'd appreciate them to give me a better perspective of this girl.

Party pictures aren't shit anymore. It's kids and it's college, and drinking will always be in that mix.

Nobody has come straight out and said that specifically, but please, the implications have been there pretty much all along in the tone of the stories about the case. Particularly early on. The implications that "she would never bring this on herself" by several of her schoolmates, to her supposedly wanting to "drop out of school because she's been so damaged" by what that "monster" did to her (and which she didn't do after all).

Shea
04-09-2010, 01:39 AM
Nobody has come straight out and said that specifically, but please, the implications have been there pretty much all along. Particularly early on.

Yep, implications - funny, yet sad little things that might or might not be true. Reminds me of gossip - useless and damaging depending on who you are.

I don't mean to piss off Steelers' fans but it would be fair to throw those same negative implications towards Ben.

Nobody here knows Ben. And I hope to God he's innocent, but don't fool yourself because he's the QB of the team we all love and therefore makes him immune to what he might be.

I don't know what happened that night. Therefore, he might have crossed a line that isn't to be crossed or perhaps she herself crossed another line - who knows??

Nobody here can possibly know.

I hope this all turns in favor of Ben, but as a woman I'm not willing to throw this extremely young woman under the bus because of a man I love watching play football.

pancake
04-09-2010, 03:50 AM

I need to apologize to the horse... :chuckle:

steelreserve
04-09-2010, 04:10 AM
Nobody has come straight out and said that specifically, but please, the implications have been there pretty much all along in the tone of the stories about the case. Particularly early on. The implications that "she would never bring this on herself" by several of her schoolmates, to her supposedly wanting to "drop out of school because she's been so damaged" by what that "monster" did to her (and which she didn't do after all).

I STILL cannot believe we haven't heard this chick is bipolar yet. This is exactly what happens when the girl has a mental problem. They have some random hookup that they regret, call the authorities right away, then a few days later they freak out and quit school or their job because of mental duress, the fragile little things -- and whaddya know, not long afterwards, it turns out the case was pretty sketchy in the first place. I've probably seen the same pattern repeated a dozen times during my time in college, and every time it turns out the chick was bipolar or schizophrenic, and every time she loses and they tell the guy "whoops, sorry for almost ruining your life."

Galax Steeler
04-09-2010, 04:27 AM
I need to apologize to the horse... :chuckle:

Thank you we all feel better now.

WH
04-09-2010, 04:52 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/08/0811_ben_roethlisberger_getty_84628527_bn2.jpg

That's off of TMZ.

Steel_Bus_24
04-09-2010, 07:52 AM
notice TMZ hasn't posted one story or rumor that would be seen as "positive" for Ben

WH
04-09-2010, 09:56 AM
notice TMZ hasn't posted one story or rumor that would be seen as "positive" for Ben

TMZ isn't in the ''Epic Victory'' business. They're in the ''Human Train Wreck'' business.

Nadroj 20
04-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Just heard on ESPN, that the desicion on whether charges will be pressed will be released in a press conferance on Monday.

Fire Haley
04-09-2010, 11:21 AM
DA: Decision In Roethlisberger Case On Monday

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. -- A Georgia prosecutor will announce his decision Monday in the case involving Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

District Attorney Fred Bright of the Ocmulgee Judicial Court said he will hold a news conference at 2 p.m., Monday in the Baldwin County Courthouse.

“The investigation, interviews and report in the Roethlisberger matter have been completed and reviewed,” Bright said in a statement Friday.

Milledgeville, Ga., police said this week they finished their investigation into a 20-year-old college student's claim that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her last month at a night club. Roethlisberger has not been charged and his lawyer disputes the accusation.

Chief Woodrow Blue said in a statement Wednesday that the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Milledgeville police handed the investigation report and witness statements to Bright on Tuesday evening.

Police said they got all the information they needed, but would have liked to have spoken with Roethlisberger for a second time.

Investigators said they spoke briefly with Roethlisberger following the accusations, but Target 11 learned a second interview never happened.

Bright could determine there's not enough evidence and dismiss the case or he could send it to a grand jury to decide if charges should be filed.

Roethlisberger's private investigator, Charles Mittelstadt, who conducted his own investigation into the allegations, told Channel 11 News, "The investigation has now taken its course and we now wait like everyone else as the DA evaluates the findings."

http://www.wpxi.com/news/23101179/detail.html

whatdoiknow
04-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Monday Press conference ? Gee I wanna hope for the best. But my Gut tells me, why would a DA hold a press conference just to announce no charges will be filed ? I mean there is like a 5 year statue of limitations in filing charges. So to announce publically that Ben will not be charged doesn't make sense to me. It only makes sense that he would hold a national press conference to announce that Ben WILL be arrested and charged. But we will see.

But hey...Whatdoiknow ?

Fire Haley
04-09-2010, 11:39 AM
would have liked to have spoken with Roethlisberger for a second time.

We're doomed

stairway27
04-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Monday Press conference ? Gee I wanna hope for the best. But my Gut tells me, why would a DA hold a press conference just to announce no charges will be filed ? I mean there is like a 5 year statue of limitations in filing charges. So to announce publically that Ben will not be charged doesn't make sense to me. It only makes sense that he would hold a national press conference to announce that Ben WILL be arrested and charged. But we will see.

But hey...Whatdoiknow ?
Well, I don't know. If they announce that no charges will be filed, they could be explaining why. I think an explanation is due either way.

Prok
04-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Got my fingers and toes crossed. Man that hurts !

HanSteelers
04-09-2010, 11:51 AM
all i want for christmas...
is big ben to be innocent

mwittman5
04-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I read charges are usually filed when there is a press conference, they hardly ever have a conference just to announce the case is dropped. better start warming up dixon :banging::banging:

SteelCityMom
04-09-2010, 11:57 AM
They're going to announce it either way because it is a high profile case and there is a hoard of reporters in their little town just slobbering all over themselves to get a tidbit of news. A press conference on this matter doesn't surprise me in the least.

I don't think there will be charges. I think if the DA was going to push for charges he would have sent it to the Grand Jury to decide. Looking at the case objectively, there doesn't appear to be enough evidence to charge him with anything. No witnesses in the bathroom, no damning video footage, no DNA....it's very he said, she said. I just don't see the DA taking what would be a very expensive, high profile case to court with that kind of lack of evidence.

mwittman5
04-09-2010, 12:01 PM
They're going to announce it either way because it is a high profile case and there is a hoard of reporters in their little town just slobbering all over themselves to get a tidbit of news. A press conference on this matter doesn't surprise me in the least.

I don't think there will be charges. I think if the DA was going to push for charges he would have sent it to the Grand Jury to decide. Looking at the case objectively, there doesn't appear to be enough evidence to charge him with anything. No witnesses in the bathroom, no damning video footage, no DNA....it's very he said, she said. I just don't see the DA taking what would be a very expensive, high profile case to court with that kind of lack of evidence.

very true, I hope your right :thumbsup:

zulater
04-09-2010, 12:06 PM

I'm guessing the DA owns the local Holiday Inn express and wants to get weekend rates from the assembled media before they leave town.

:wink02:

Honestly though the announcement could well be that they've going to form a special Grand Jury and give the case to them.

SteelCityMom
04-09-2010, 12:06 PM
very true, I hope your right :thumbsup:

Me too lol.

The only way I can conceivably see charges coming is if there is some kind of hard evidence to support the girls claims, and I think in a case like this it would be very hard to keep that kind of evidence out of the news. Not impossible, just unlikely. So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out for the best and we can all move on from this.

SteelCityMom
04-09-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm guessing the DA owns the local Holiday Inn express and wants to get weekend rates from the assembled media before they leave town.

:wink02:

Honestly though the announcement could well be that they've going to form a special Grand Jury and give the case to them.

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me in the least either I suppose.

stairway27
04-09-2010, 12:10 PM
I think that if charges are going to be brought, the DA would have taken more time to mull it over. Like Steel City Mom said, this is a very high profile case, and a very expensive case to prosecute. And it seems like there is very little evidence to justify it. The fact that they wished that they could have talked to Ben again, seems like they were hoping that he would incriminate himself. I don't know, I guess we'll find out Monday. It's gonna be a long weekend...

mwittman5
04-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Me too lol.

The only way I can conceivably see charges coming is if there is some kind of hard evidence to support the girls claims, and I think in a case like this it would be very hard to keep that kind of evidence out of the news. Not impossible, just unlikely. So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out for the best and we can all move on from this.
ya its been a tough off season for me. my fav baseball team is the dodgers and their owners divorce has dominated the news and the steelers troubles of holmes and ben have been all over the news. I just want to know whether hes going to be in at QB this fall.

Dino 6 Rings
04-09-2010, 12:12 PM
First move by the defense if there is an indictment...Change Of Venue.

mwittman5
04-09-2010, 12:15 PM
First move by the defense if there is an indictment...Change Of Venue.

heinz field? :tt02:

whatdoiknow
04-09-2010, 12:15 PM

Whether or not Ben gets charged for the sexual assault is one thing. But to say there doesn't appear to be enough evidence to charge Ben with ANYTHING is incorrect. Remember, Bens own words said there was a sexual act that took place. Just unconsummated. So that very fact can get Ben charged with at least 3 different Indecent exposure charges. Partaking in a sexual act in a public venue, ect.
And even though those charges may be " small potatoes "...it still won't look good for him.

stairway27
04-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Whether or not Ben gets charged for the sexual assault is one thing. But to say there doesn't appear to be enough evidence to charge Ben with ANYTHING is incorrect. Remember, Bens own words said there was a sexual act that took place. Just unconsummated. So that very fact can get Ben charged with at least 3 different Indecent exposure charges. Partaking in a sexual act in a public venue, ect.
And even though those charges may be " small potatoes "...it still won't look good for him.
I don't think the file charges based on that. That would be a huge waste of time and money.

zulater
04-09-2010, 12:20 PM
I wonder if they're giving both sides a window to negotiate an out of court settlement ala Kobe? I mean the way it is now both camps have got to be pretty unsure where things are going? For instance unlike McNulty by filing charges this girl would basically lose any chance of getting a payday if no charges are filed after pursueing them. I mean it's one thing to fight and lose based on a reasonable doubt acquittal, your civil case could still have a good chance at success. But to have no indictment handed down after such a thorough investigation, well that wouldn't bode well for the accuser at all. I mean the first thing I say in a civil trial if I'm representing Ben is to say.. that any good DA will tell you that he can indict a ham sandwich if he wants to, yet in this case they couldn't find the meat.

Anyway from Ben's perspective the reasons for settling, even if innocent, are fairly evident. Then run to McNutty and settle with her and wait for your suspension ( game or two tops) and get on with your career.

tony hipchest
04-09-2010, 12:25 PM
i wonder how long they plan on black balling ben from practice. thats all i care about at this point.

Prok
04-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Me too lol.

I hope youre right. Yeah you would think that if there was hardcore evidence at least some of it would have been leaked by now. But my gut tells me there are some things that they have somehow managed to keep under wraps. Guess we'll know monday who's thanksgiving turkey turned to crow. I still can't get over an investigator saying that.lol

Prok
04-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I wonder if they're giving both sides a window to negotiate an out of court settlement ala Kobe? I mean the way it is now both camps have got to be pretty unsure where things are going? For instance unlike McNulty by filing charges this girl would basically lose any chance of getting a payday if no charges are filed after pursueing them. I mean it's one thing to fight and lose based on a reasonable doubt acquittal, your civil case could still have a good chance at success. But to have no indictment handed down after such a thorough investigation, well that wouldn't bode well for the accuser at all. I mean the first thing I say in a civil trial if I'm representing Ben is to say.. that any good DA will tell you that he can indict a ham sandwich if he wants to, yet in this case they couldn't find the meat.

Anyway from Ben's perspective the reasons for settling, even if innocent, are fairly evident. Then run to McNutty and settle with her and wait for your suspension ( game or two tops) and get on with your career.

You can bet that lawyers for both sides pretty much know which way things are going. They are just keeping quiet about it until the PC IMO. Hell Ben's lawyers have done their own investigation, they pretty much have to know which way it's going by now, no?

SteelCityMom
04-09-2010, 12:53 PM

Yes I know that he could still get charged with some minor offenses, but I think we all realize that we're talking about sexual assault charges being brought up. These other charges you speak of are misdemeanors and would only carry a fine.

Fire Haley
04-09-2010, 12:54 PM
i wonder how long they plan on black balling ben from practice. thats all i care about at this point.

So if the DA presses charges on Monday, we still have time to trade for Jason Campbell before the draft.

tony hipchest
04-09-2010, 01:02 PM
So if the DA presses charges on Monday, we still have time to trade for Jason Campbell before the draft.ive heard he can go for as low as a 5th but the dumb ass seahawks screwed up all value by breaking the bank for charlie whitehurst (who practically got as much draft pick compensation as d. mcnabb :doh: )

pete74
04-09-2010, 01:24 PM
ive heard he can go for as low as a 5th but the dumb ass seahawks screwed up all value by breaking the bank for charlie whitehurst (who practically got as much draft pick compensation as d. mcnabb :doh: )

I would rather see dixon or batch under center rather then that loser cambell

mwittman5
04-09-2010, 04:24 PM
I would rather see dixon or batch under center rather then that loser cambell

ditto, dixon is athletic and may have been a 2nd rd pick if he didnt tear up his knee. IF ben gets indicted do you think the rooneys get rid of him?

HanSteelers
04-09-2010, 07:14 PM
charges dropped according to espn!
back to super bowl plans

Psyychoward86
04-09-2010, 07:31 PM
charges dropped according to espn!
back to super bowl plans

it's true!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5071769

Sources: Charges won't be brought

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will not be charged after an investigation into accusations of sexual assault by a 20-year-old woman in Georgia, sources told ESPN.

Sources confirmed to ESPN's Kelly Naqi that District Attorney Fred Bright will announce on Monday that charges will not be brought against Roethlisberger. Bright said in a statement Friday he has reviewed all the investigation reports and will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. ET Monday.

Milledgeville police Chief Woodrow Blue said Wednesday his department and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation had wrapped up their investigation into a 20-year-old college student's claim that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her early March 5 at a club in Milledgeville.

It was the second time in a year that Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual misconduct. He also faces a lawsuit filed last July by a woman who says he raped her in 2008 at a Lake Tahoe hotel and casino, an allegation he denies. Roethlisberger has not been criminally charged in either case and has claimed counter-damages in the lawsuit.

Roethlisberger did not report to Pittsburgh's offseason workouts last month. The next critical day for players is April 19, when on-field practice starts. Most of the team is expected to be on hand then.

Psyychoward86
04-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Still, you have to wonder what the Steelers Front Office might do with Ben...

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 07:36 PM

Not worried at all......they'll get the message across loud and clear. And Ben's going to make it up to them with a big shiney trophy to add to the collection.

I so happy........... :applaudit:

Nadroj 20
04-09-2010, 07:39 PM
This is a great day!

43Hitman
04-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Sweet, can we lock this thing and flush it now?

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Ben and Santonio need to get all their friends together and go out and celebrate. :chuckle:

HanSteelers
04-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Don't give them anymore bad ideas

hopefully ben learned his lesson
hopefully santonio also did

vasteeler

not sure they will do anything
he didnt do anything

OneForTheToe
Ben and Santonio need to get all their friends together and go out and celebrate. :chuckle:

Yes, like a Dairy Queen .... no wait, scratch that idea (underage, yikes) ... how about at a Xena: Warrior Princess Convention? I doubt many of those women would likely want to go into a bathroom with Ben (jk).

HanSteelers
04-09-2010, 07:49 PM

also not worried
You just can't let a QB like Ben go
The only way i can see it is if the Rooneys were literally forced to let him go
not that charges are dropped
Ben becomes a leader on our team again
hopefully nothing like this happens anymore

WH
04-09-2010, 07:51 PM
It's odd and NOTHING was leaked throughout this whole thing.

Nadroj 20
04-09-2010, 07:51 PM
also not worried
You just can't let a QB like Ben go
The only way i can see it is if the Rooneys were literally forced to let him go
not that charges are dropped
Ben becomes a leader on our team again
hopefully nothing like this happens anymore

I dont think he means cutting ben but he means a possible suspension.

Steel_Bus_24
04-09-2010, 07:52 PM

Ben and Santonio need to be exiled into Russia for extensive training like in Rocky IV or something

Seriously theres already enough to worry about with the team on the field and making our team a title contender again

WH

Post of the year.

stillers4me
ermph...gurgle....drool....morning everybody. (yawn..strretch...) Man, you wouldn't believe the crap I dreamed last night...............

WH
04-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Ben and Santonio need to be exiled into Russia for extensive training like in Rocky IV or something

Yeah, let's send them where the Vodka is 150proof and the women can outdrink the men.

Ben and Santonio might end up filing Sexual assault charges against a few Russians.

Ben:
WhxbYTMNMxo

polamalubeast
04-09-2010, 08:00 PM

http://santonio and ben

:hug:

Steel_Bus_24
04-09-2010, 08:10 PM
yeah they would need some 24/7 trainers/chaperones

Godfather
04-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes, like a Dairy Queen .... no wait, scratch that idea (underage, yikes) ... how about at a Xena: Warrior Princess Convention? I doubt many of those women would likely want to go into a bathroom with Ben (jk).

I thought most of the Xenas weren't really women.

OneForTheToe
04-09-2010, 08:25 PM

On second thought, I think in Ben's contract will now require him to wear this off the field::chuckle:

Mr Rooney with the key, of course.

http://www.thestranger.com/images/blogimages/2009/05/21/1242933592-scaled.chastity.jpgs

HometownGal
04-09-2010, 08:32 PM
On second thought, I think in Ben's contract will now require him to wear this off the field::chuckle:

Mr Rooney with the key, of course.

http://www.thestranger.com/images/blogimages/2009/05/21/1242933592-scaled.chastity.jpgs

:chuckle:

Or - the Steelers team doc could keep a pair of these handy "just in case" . . .

http://www.tedpella.com/dissect_html/1316.jpg

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey HTG....when we get the official word on Monday, can we lock this thread up? I never want to see it again.

OneForTheToe
04-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Has this been confirmed by Twitter yet?

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 08:41 PM

:thumbsup:

HometownGal
04-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey HTG....when we get the official word on Monday, can we lock this thread up? I never want to see it again.

You betcha girl. :thumbsup::drink:

HometownGal
04-09-2010, 09:26 PM

I'm not believing a word of it until I hear it from TMZ. :chuckle:

Prok
04-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Well if these espn reports are true we STILL have a question to be answered on monday.

Who's delicious thanksgiving dinner turned to crow ??

:drink:

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Well if these espn reports are true we STILL have a question to be answered on monday.

Who's delicious thanksgiving dinner turned to crow ??

MIke Florio's. bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha...........

Prok
04-09-2010, 09:35 PM
MIke Florio's. bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha...........

LOL

I HATE that F'er with a passion. He was biased against Ben from the get go too. Before i blocked pft on twitter i wrote him a ton of nasty messages. Of course he never replied.

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 09:37 PM
LOL

I HATE that F'er with a passion. He was biased against Ben from the get go too. Before i blocked pft on twitter i wrote him a ton of nasty messages. Of course he never replied.

Funny thing.....he hasn't had the stones to post on his own site all night long. He's probably on hold on the suicide hotline. :toofunny:

Prok
04-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Funny thing.....he hasn't had the stones to post on his own site all night long. He's probably on hold on the suicide hotline. :toofunny:

I bet that scumbag is a clowns, bungles or ratbirds fan.

Man i can't believe how relieved i feel right now. I could only imagine how relieved Ben is. lol

I was almost sure some sort of charges were coming.

I think we Steelers fans deserve some sort of reward (SB #7) after all the drama we endured lately.

:tt:

SteelCityMom
04-09-2010, 10:30 PM

You spoke too soon. Of course that d-bag spent his night thinking of some way to spin this in a bad light for Ben.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/09/if-roethlisberger-isnt-charged-he-could-still-face-league-or-team-discipline/

Shoes
04-09-2010, 10:33 PM
You spoke too soon. Of course that d-bag spent his night thinking of some way to spin this in a bad light for Ben.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/09/if-roethlisberger-isnt-charged-he-could-still-face-league-or-team-discipline/

Funny, he didn't post what I said to him.....:chuckle:

steeldawg
04-09-2010, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=SteelCityMom;795996]You spoke too soon. Of course that d-bag spent his night thinking of some way to spin this in a bad light for Ben.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/09/if-roethlisberger-isnt-charged-he-could-still-face-league-or-team-discipline/[/QUOTE
I hate florio

Prok
04-09-2010, 10:49 PM

I think us Steelers fans should all flood this scumbag's email or something. Those rival fans on his side would feel the same if it were their star player getting this treatment too. Anything remotely pointing to Ben being innocent gets the raised eyebrow from these douchebags while anything painting negative light gets their full respect. Sickening. F that site and those scum "reporters".

Prok
04-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Funny, he didn't post what I said to him.....:chuckle:

I think you should re-post it here just for s's and g's.

SteelCityMom
04-10-2010, 12:54 AM
I think us Steelers fans should all flood this scumbag's email or something. Those rival fans on his side would feel the same if it were their star player getting this treatment too. Anything remotely pointing to Ben being innocent gets the raised eyebrow from these douchebags while anything painting negative light gets their full respect. Sickening. F that site and those scum "reporters".

Gregg Rosenthall isn't so bad...he actually posts sports news without obvious bias and sarcasm mixed in. Florio is just looking for hits, and he just loves bad press against the Steelers for that reason.

WH
04-10-2010, 05:24 AM
This made me Laugh, someone posted it on Yahoo

Big Ben goes deep for the touchdown!!

But there's a flag on the play??

Holding.. Offense... WTF!!

Coaches Challenge... on a penalty?

"After further review.. there was no foul on the play.. Touchdown!!"

Big Ben - 14
Hot Chicks - 0

Psyychoward86
04-10-2010, 11:48 AM
This made me Laugh, someone posted it on Yahoo

Big Ben goes deep for the touchdown!!

But there's a flag on the play??

Holding.. Offense... WTF!!

Coaches Challenge... on a penalty?

"After further review.. there was no foul on the play.. Touchdown!!"

Big Ben - 14
Hot Chicks - 0

:rofl:

siss
04-10-2010, 01:07 PM
This is awesome Im so glad to hear the news!

WH
04-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Big Benny the Bullet Dodger.

HometownGal
04-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Guys and gals - PLEASE - no more new Ben threads. The Steelers forum is being strangled with all of these threads. I am asking that you please keep your posts on this ongoing drama in this thread. All new Ben threads will be either merged or deleted.

Thanks.

Psyychoward86
04-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Guys and gals - PLEASE - no more new Ben threads. The Steelers forum is being strangled with all of these threads. I am asking that you please keep your posts on this ongoing drama in this thread. All new Ben threads will be either merged or deleted.

Thanks.

keep your finger ready on that /closer_thread button HTG :chuckle:

whatdoiknow
04-10-2010, 08:38 PM

Thanks.

Well stated young lady...Damn!! A super Intelligent woman, and a Steeler fan!!
Jesus,,,How come I couldn't Marry her:banging:

Prok
04-10-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm in such good spirits now i'm gonna go out to a nightclub. Who's with me ??

C'mon, we'll find some hot young chicks to dance with.

43Hitman
04-10-2010, 10:22 PM
I got the devil shirt.

Prok
04-10-2010, 10:34 PM
I got the devil shirt.

LOL Mine is on order.

That's who we can blame. Charlie Daniels for that whole devil went down to Georgia crap. I always suspected he was up to no good.

Shoes
04-10-2010, 10:36 PM
I got the devil shirt.

......but are you buying anyone shots? :chuckle:

Godfather
04-10-2010, 10:49 PM
LOL Mine is on order.

That's who we can blame. Charlie Daniels for that whole devil went down to Georgia crap. I always suspected he was up to no good.

I think the devil's finished with Georgia. He got beat there twice.

mesaSteeler
04-11-2010, 02:11 AM
What's next for Ben Roethlisberger?
April, 9, 2010
By James Walker
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/11464/whats-next-for-roethlisberger

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger reportedly will not be charged after an investigation into accusations of sexual assault by a 20-year-old Georgia woman in Milledgeville, Ga. That's a huge relief for Roethlisberger and the Steelers' organization. But it doesn't mean the 28-year-old quarterback won't face significant hurdles.

Here is a look at issues Roethlisberger and the Steelers must deal with:

1. A meeting with the commissioner
More on Roethlisberger charges dropped

Expect NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, who expressed concerns regarding Roethlisberger at last month's owners meetings, to meet with the quarterback in New York soon. Even though no charges will be filed, the commissioner can suspend Roethlisberger for violating the NFL Personal Conduct Policy. It was the second time in a year that Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual misconduct. He also faces a civil lawsuit filed by a Nevada woman who says he raped her in 2008, an allegation Roethlisberger denies.

2. Making amends in the locker room

This is the third major incident Roethlisberger has dragged the team through since he was drafted by the Steelers in 2004. The two sexual assault allegations and his 2006 motorcycle accident give Roethlisberger one more major controversy (three) than Super Bowl rings (two). Roethlisberger is not only a $100 million quarterback, but he's the Steelers' most important player. His missteps can put the team and its season in jeopardy. During the start of training camp last year, Roethlisberger apologized to the team for his second incident. He must do the same this year ASAP.

3. Reaction of Steelers Nation

Steelers fans are plentiful and loyal, but will they forgive Roethlisberger for this latest controversy? It will be a great litmus test. Roethlisberger's reputation has taken a major hit in the court of public opinion. These incidents have given Roethlisberger less of a pass with arguably the NFL's top fan base. If Roethlisberger has a poor season in 2010, will Steelers fans be quicker to jump on him? If Roethlisberger has a Pro Bowl year and leads the Steelers into the playoffs, he could quickly earn his way back into the good graces of Steelers fans. If he doesn't, watch out. It could get nasty.

4. Has Roethlisberger learned anything?

Roethlisberger said he was humbled and realized he wasn't invincible after his motorcycle accident. Last year, he admitted the civil suit in Nevada was embarrassing for himself and his family. But a third incident in such a short span raises questions about whether Roethlisberger can learn from his mistakes. Expect Roethlisberger to say all the right things when he returns. But he must prove to the Steelers through his actions that he's capable of avoiding precarious situations.

5. Will Dixon and Batch be ready just in case?

It's too early to predict what Goodell will do with Roethlisberger. But based on Goodell's history, we know he's not averse to handing out suspensions at the beginning of a season. Because Roethlisberger will not be charged with a crime, he could avoid a suspension. But if he is suspended, backups Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon must be prepared to perform early in 2010. The AFC North will be extremely competitive. Three division teams (Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens and Steelers) finished with winning records last season. All three are expected to contend for a division title again this year, and even the Cleveland Browns look improved under new leadership. So if Batch or Dixon must start a game or two, they must be prepared to play winning football. A couple of early losses could be the difference in Pittsburgh missing the postseason.

steelerdude15
04-11-2010, 03:06 AM
Steelers fans are plentiful and loyal, but will they forgive Roethlisberger for this latest controversy?
I never had to forgive him because I knew he was innocent the entire time. Innocent until proven guilty and he isn't being charged. If he want's to be a with an ADULT, why can't he? That's his personal business.
Even though no charges will be filed, the commissioner can suspend Roethlisberger for violating the NFL Personal Conduct Policy. It was the second time in a year that Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual misconduct.
He was accused, never charged or found guilty in either case...
Because Roethlisberger will not be charged with a crime, he could avoid a suspension.
No need for a suspension, he has been found innocent.
IMO what's next for Big Ben... starting to work out with his teammates and getting back in shape for the 2010 season.

zulater
04-11-2010, 07:46 AM
I never had to forgive him because I knew he was innocent the entire time. Innocent until proven guilty and he isn't being charged. If he want's to be a with an ADULT, why can't he? That's his personal business.

He was accused, never charged or found guilty in either case...

No need for a suspension, he has been found innocent.
IMO what's next for Big Ben... starting to work out with his teammates and getting back in shape for the 2010 season.

It's not nearly as simple as you make it out to be.

Fact. The Rooney's are furious with Ben. They pay him a great deal of money, they don't want or need him to be embarassing the team with a seemingly endless stream of poor off the field decisions.

Fact. Ben's never been the most popular player among his teammates, he finally seemed to be winning them over last year as evidenced by him being voted as a team captain, and winning the MVP award. To think that there isn't some need of fence mending with them is ludicrous.

Fact. Goodell does indeed plan on meeting with Ben concerning his personal conduct. While it's unlikely that he would suspend Ben absent of charges he could still reccommend counseling, or place some term of probationary status on him.

Opinion. The fans regardless of what their position was in this case owe Ben no apology, conversly regardless of a lack of criminal guilt Ben does owe an apology to many, the fans included. His sophmoric behaviour has brought stress and embarassment to this team ( and be extentension the city of Pittsburgh and their fans everywhere) 3 out of the last 4 years. If Ben wants to keep being frat boy Ben, I would suggest he do it somewhere other than Pittsburgh.

That's not saying he's neccessarily a bad guy, but it's time he start conducting himself like a responsaible adult off the field or go look up Al Davis.

stillers4me
04-11-2010, 09:09 AM
If Ben wants to keep being frat boy Ben, I would suggest he do it somewhere other than Pittsburgh.

He didn't . He went to Georgia. :wink02:

Seriously, people that make these kind of statements are obviously not old enough to remember the the 25 years of mediocrity, the 25 years of not having a franchise quarter back. They have no memories of the Bubby Brister, Mark Malone, Neil O'Donnell or Kordell Stewart. All they know is the last 5 years.........and 2 superbowl championships. Ben has made it look too easy. We are built for it right now.......and the window is rapidly closing. We won't have Troy, HInes, Santonio, Harrison and Aaron Smith and everyone that compliments them forever. The rest of the AFC North seems to be getting better and we will soon be playing catch up to them. Alot of younger fans only know that we have been the king of the AFC North in their lifetime.

The Rooney's may be furious that Ben has been in this position, but hopefully by 2:00 tomorrow, their worse fears will be over. Ben isn't going anywhere until someone knocks him out of his career with his last concussion. I do look for them to soon start to groom his replacement, but have no overexpectations that we will find another franchise QB anytime soon. Ben's last superbowl win will no doubt be our last one for a long time.

silver & black
04-11-2010, 10:31 AM
That's not saying he's neccessarily a bad guy, but it's time he start conducting himself like a responsaible adult off the field or go look up Al Davis

What are you implying?

siss
04-11-2010, 01:19 PM
How Many People Owe Ben Roethlisberger an Apology Today?
10 04 2010

Over the past month, the grist mill known as the American sports media has been all a-twitter with the recent sexual assault allegations leveled in Georgia at Pittsburgh Steeler quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. During that time, I felt as if I were the only writer in America who stuck by the decidedly American tenet of “innocent until proven guilty.”

Big Ben will win another Super Bowl before he gets the apology he deserves.

Today, it seems that many in the media owe Roethlisberger an apology. Today, it seems that the police in Georgia have turned over their findings to the local prosecutor who apparently will not file any criminal charges in this matter. Today, it seems Roethlisberger has nothing in this case for which he needs to defend himself criminally.

“Sources confirmed to ESPN’s Kelly Naqi that District Attorney Fred Bright will announce on Monday that charges will not be brought against Roethlisberger. Bright said in a statement Friday he has reviewed all the investigation reports and will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. ET Monday.”

Far too many people had “Big Ben” charged, tried, and convicted in this matter. Well, that isn’t going to happen. .....

By not filing criminal charges, it is the position of the prosecutor that either a) Roethlisberger’s actions did not meet the criteria to be defined as “sexual assault” and/or b) there was not sufficient evidence to support a claim that r in fact committed a crime. Understand here that what we’re talking about is the commission of a crime. A lot of the bleating coming from the keyboard-bound sheep in the media quickly got away from the legal aspect of this and delved into a lot of speculation about Roethlisberger’s judgement. Of course, this was all bull, and not harm-free bull either.

“In other words, it is CRUCIAL that the facts of what actually happened come to light. Until then, all the speculation and pontificating only serves to cloud the true picture, and frankly, makes those who engage in it look foolish.”

Well, Michelle Beadle and Colin Cowherd (just to name two), you look a bit foolish today because you used your cable-bound pulpit at ESPN to lead the charge with statements like this:

“The first example of this “rush to judgement” orgy came from the mouth of Michelle Beadle. During her daily “shuck and jive” with Colin Cowherd, she elucidated that Roethlisberger “must have an aggressive manner towards women.” This was the underpinning for her assertion that ”one accusation can happen to anybody; two is a pattern.”

A few days later, Cowherd made a stride for the middle ground with the boiler-plate statement “We don’t know all the facts yet.” But then he joined the chorus with “In cases like this, I tend to side with the victim.”

All this does is place Beadle and Cowherd in the same vein as the accuser. While they may not have leveled the accusations, they certainly and unfairly perpetuated them. Regardless of the criminal aspect of this case, Roethlisberger’s reputation has suffered even though he has been found guilty of NOTHING.

Will Beadle and Cowherd introduce some leadership to the World Wide Leader? I wouldn't hold my breath.

I don’t want to seem as though I am beating on Beadle and Cowherd, as I am actually a big fan of SportsNation. But I would love to see them be big enough to admit they were wrong in this case, show some leadership to the bleating sheep, and give Ben Roethlisberger the apology he deserves

WH
04-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I wonder if Ben has room for a few defamation of character suits.

Prok
04-11-2010, 02:01 PM
I wonder if Ben has room for a few defamation of character suits.

That's the exact route he should take too imo.

I've still got rival fans messaging me that he paid everyone off etc. Ya ask em' for any facts and they have no answers. lol

pete74
04-11-2010, 02:11 PM
That's the exact route he should take too imo.

I've still got rival fans messaging me that he paid everyone off etc. Ya ask em' for any facts and they have no answers. lol

they didnt have enough evidence to charge ben. thats it. it dosnt mean the girl made the entire story up so there is no defamation case there

Prok
04-11-2010, 02:51 PM
they didnt have enough evidence to charge ben. thats it. it dosnt mean the girl made the entire story up so there is no defamation case there

We don't know that for sure either. We'll see tomorrow afternoon i guess. I'm hopeful that the DA lets ALL the facts they've gathered be known in this case.

That's the whole problem with this ordeal. Public opinion has already villified Ben and not one person besides those invlolved can say they know all the facts.

WH
04-11-2010, 07:31 PM
That's the whole problem with this ordeal. Public opinion has already villified Ben and not one person besides those invlolved can say they know all the facts.

And now when facing fans of other teams, or people in general, upon them know we're Steelers fans..............guess what we get to discuss.

:thumbsup::banging:

HometownGal
04-11-2010, 07:33 PM

Doesn't mean the drunken bar rat didn't make the story up either.

stillers4me
04-11-2010, 07:39 PM

Yep. And we don't know that Ben "took her in the bathroom", either. She could have followed him in there, just like she followed him from 2 other bars.

steelerdude15
04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm just glad that the biggest thing is over and that's dealing with the police.

Prok
04-11-2010, 10:20 PM
And now when facing fans of other teams, or people in general, upon them know we're Steelers fans..............guess what we get to discuss.

:thumbsup::banging:

Yep. I've already had to block some opposing fans i thought were friends. Seems every opposing fan has a negative POV on it. Got a pats fan friend and she just can't keep herself from bashing Ben every chance she gets. I've known her a few years and thinking of blocking her too now.

It's getting old.

Prok
04-11-2010, 10:23 PM

If we were to believe the "expert" Roger Gossac on ESPN her story has several inconsistencies in it which pretty much helped seal her fate. Not to mention her blood alcohol content.

Gotta admit i'm still a bit nervous about this PC for some reason.

Godfather
04-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Yep. And we don't know that Ben "took her in the bathroom", either. She could have followed him in there, just like she followed him from 2 other bars.

Or maybe she waved him in there like Jessica Alba in Good Luck Chuck.

zulater
04-12-2010, 06:04 AM
He didn't . He went to Georgia. :wink02:

Seriously, people that make these kind of statements are obviously not old enough to remember the the 25 years of mediocrity, the 25 years of not having a franchise quarter back.

I'm 49, I remember quite well thank you. :hatsoff:

They have no memories of the Bubby Brister, Mark Malone, Neil O'Donnell or Kordell Stewart. All they know is the last 5 years.........and 2 superbowl championships. Ben has made it look too easy. We are built for it right now.......and the window is rapidly closing. We won't have Troy, HInes, Santonio, Harrison and Aaron Smith and everyone that compliments them forever. The rest of the AFC North seems to be getting better and we will soon be playing catch up to them. Alot of younger fans only know that we have been the king of the AFC North in their lifetime.

The Rooney's may be furious that Ben has been in this position, but hopefully by 2:00 tomorrow, their worse fears will be over. Ben isn't going anywhere until someone knocks him out of his career with his last concussion. I do look for them to soon start to groom his replacement, but have no overexpectations that we will find another franchise QB anytime soon. Ben's last superbowl win will no doubt be our last one for a long time.

If you don't think the Rooney's are going to demand that Ben cease with his sophmoric off the field frat boy behaviour then I think that it's you that doesn't understand the nature of this franchise.

:coffee:

WH
04-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Or maybe she waved him in there like Jessica Alba in Good Luck Chuck.

I almost walked into the TV to that.

zulater
04-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Anyone else worried that Bright is going to be pissed that the cat got out of the bag and rather than lose his thunder he'll pull a 180 and announce he's giving the case to a Grand Jury?

Gnutella
04-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Anyone else worried that Bright is going to be pissed that the cat got out of the bag and rather than lose his thunder he'll pull a 180 and announce he's giving the case to a Grand Jury?

Or that "sources" intentionally gave ESPN false information to make them look stupid today? (Yes, I'm paranoid.)

T.Richardson
04-12-2010, 12:40 PM
If you don't think the Rooney's are going to demand that Ben cease with his sophmoric off the field frat boy behaviour then I think that it's you that doesn't understand the nature of this franchise.

:coffee:

ummm hes only gotten in trouble twice in his.. 6 year career?

klick81
04-12-2010, 01:19 PM
So is there a link where we can watch this press conference?

Prok
04-12-2010, 01:21 PM

Since NFL net is broadcasting live I assume NFL.com ?

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 01:21 PM

I would assume that the ESPN would be bradcasting ti.......and asshat Florio will have it up 1 minute after it's over. I have no idea how he's making it through this last hour.

fansince'76
04-12-2010, 01:23 PM
I would assume that the ESPN would be bradcasting ti.......and asshat Florio will have it up 1 minute after it's over. I have no idea how he's making it through this last hour.

My theory: :jerkit:

Prok
04-12-2010, 01:23 PM

Count me in as a worry wart too. I think it comes with the territory of loving our favorite team. I've always said there is nobody more passionate than us Steelers fans. Other fans try to use that against us but ALWAYS fail.

:tt: :tt: :tt:

Fire Haley
04-12-2010, 01:34 PM
ESPN will have the press conference live...it says so

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 01:35 PM
I expect Florio to post press conference in it's entirety backwards, to catch all the hidden meanings.

Prok
04-12-2010, 01:38 PM
I expect Florio to post press conference in it's entirety backwards, to catch all the hidden meanings.

Oh yeah. That scumbag will be leading the chorus to villify Ben. Bet on it.

Gnutella
04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
10 minutes...

Prok
04-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Anyone got a link?

I can't find it......

SteelCityMom
04-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Yup...didn't think so. Thanks for waiting so long Mr. Bright.

Dude likes the sound of his own voice I think lol.

SteelCityMom
04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Anyone got a link?

I can't find it......

It's on ESPN and local stations as well I'm sure.

DoubleSh0t
The DA said the allegation cannot be proven.

Can we be done with this now?

Prok
Yup...didn't think so. Thanks for waiting so long Mr. Bright.

Dude likes the sound of his own voice I think lol.

Gimme play-by-play ?? LOL

SteelCityMom
04-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Gimme play-by-play ?? LOL

Blah, blah, blah, I like my job, blah blah blah, no charges can be proven, blah blah blah she was heavily intoxicated, blah blah blah, the doctor could not say something on her vajayjay was due to anything sexual blah blah blah, no DNA, blah blah blah, wait there was DNA...but only a little, so we don't need a sample from Ben. Blah blah blah look at me, blah blah blah rape is sexual intercourse with penetration, blah blah blah I'm going to talk more...

DoubleSh0t
04-12-2010, 02:09 PM
So who else is going to wear their Roethlisberger jersey tomorrow? I told everyone that I'd be wearing mine once they figured out he did nothing wrong.

SteelCityMom
04-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Oh, and she wrote a letter saying she did not want to prosecute, he's reading it now.

If she files a civil suit she's a hooker.

7SteelGal43
04-12-2010, 02:11 PM
:tt02: oh i'm definately wearin my Ben jersey when i go bowling tonite .... you betcha :thumbsup:

SteelCityMom
04-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Well...glad that's all over now. Back to bashing the FO for trading Holmes and hoping to pick up Tebow. :chuckle:

colescott1
04-12-2010, 02:14 PM
One thing that drives me crazy.... if there is no evidence to support the claim of a crime, why does he still refer to the girl as a "victim"?????

Prok
04-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Oh, and she wrote a letter saying she did not want to prosecute, he's reading it now.

If she files a civil suit she's a hooker.

Oh gawd i can hear ppl saying he paid her off now. lol

fansince'76
04-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Blah, blah, blah, I like my job, blah blah blah, no charges can be proven, blah blah blah she was heavily intoxicated, blah blah blah, the doctor could not say something on her vajayjay was due to anything sexual blah blah blah, no DNA, blah blah blah, wait there was DNA...but only a little, so we don't need a sample from Ben. Blah blah blah look at me, blah blah blah rape is sexual intercourse with penetration, blah blah blah I'm going to talk more...

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

WindyCitySteelerFan
04-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Wearing mine since I woke up today.. I knew it was bullcrap.Can we please delete this whole thread now? LOL

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Sounds like she was coming on to him all night, she invited him into the bathroom and when it was all happening , she changed her mind, and Ben, being the gentleman that we all know he is, said ok. :chuckle:

Prok
04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa HHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!

Now back to FOOTBALL discussions !!

:tt::tt:

tylerdurden
04-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Even though no charges will be filed, I still say Ben will still face a suspension. I would guess 3 games.

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 02:20 PM
One thing that drives me crazy.... if there is no evidence to support the claim of a crime, why does he still refer to the girl as a "victim"?????

Yep..that infuriated me!

tyler289
04-12-2010, 02:21 PM
I still suspect he's suspended for 1-2 games.

SteelCityMom
04-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Oh gawd i can hear ppl saying he paid her off now. lol

Well why not...he's already paid everyone else off. I'm surprised he still has money left. Hell, I'm surprised the Steelers organization has any money left since they pay the refs off for any win ever lol.

BTW...let's all hope and pray that Ben quits following drunk 20 year olds into bathrooms.

As Adam Savage would say...

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/17/129002742696604889.jpg

Fire Haley
04-12-2010, 02:23 PM
knew it!

"if she didn't spit, you must acquit!"

woo-hoo!

good thing Ben keeps his nails cut - "she had an abrasion in her genital area and male DNA present, but not enough DNA evidence to get a profile"

wake and bake time beotches!

Partaay

we got ourself a QB again!

Gnutella
04-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Laceration in the genital area, huh? Sounds like maybe the razor slipped when she was shaving her pubic hair?

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Laceration in the genital area, huh? Sounds like maybe the razor slipped when she was shaving her pubic hair?

Good point.....I've never got a "laceration" doing the ...ummm......you know........

fansince'76
04-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Good point.....I've never got a "laceration" doing the ...ummm......you know........

THAT'S CUZ YOU NEVER GOT ATTACKED BY RAPISTBURGER! :wink02:

LukesDad88
04-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Woohoo! It's time to Celebrate!

Jeff, you hit up the liquor store.
Tone, bring over some of those famous brownies.
Ben, can you wrangle up some ladies?

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Woohoo! It's time to Celebrate!

Jeff, you hit up the liquor store.
Tone, bring over some of those famous brownies.
Ben, can you wrangle up some ladies?

:applaudit: And please show Spaeth where the restroom is. :chuckle:

Mags87
so he was guilty of bangin a chick in the bathroom. South Park got it right again!

Fire Haley
I'm not completely insensitive - it must have been pretty embarrassing for her when your vagina is being discussed on national TV.

xbroughneck
04-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Are you guys even listening to the 1250 broadcast?

Ben is going to be a Steeler...and he's going to play this year, but I'd bet money he doesn't play at least 5 games. What they are saying now would make me, as the commissioner of the league...HAVE to do something to say "this is conduct unbecoming a player in the NFL".

Dennis Dixon is going to get quite a few chances to start this season.

pancake
04-12-2010, 02:40 PM
I am glad this part is over...

This offseason has sucked so bad. I could really use some good news that has to do with some football from Pittsburgh.

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm not completely insensitive - it must have been pretty embarrassing for her when your vagina is being discussed on national TV.

:blah::blah::blah:

It must be embarrassing that everybody knows you were so drunk you banged a celebrity in a 5x5 bathroom.

pancake
04-12-2010, 02:42 PM

Ben is going to be a Steeler...and he's going to play this year, but I'd bet money he doesn't play at least 5 games. What they are saying now would make me, as the commissioner of the league...HAVE to do something to say "this is conduct unbecoming a player in the NFL".

I would take that bet...

HughC
04-12-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm guessing a 3-4 game suspension. This story is exactly what Roger Goodell was talking about when he set up the player personal conduct policy. Some of the details such as providing shots for underage girls and a member of his entourage leading the drunken girl to a secluded bath room for Ben, that's not going to sit well with Goodell.

Ben is one of the main faces for the NFL. As a result he's probably held to a higher standard than other players. I'd temper the enthusiasm about the charges being dropped. The Steelers may be looking at playing the month of September with Ben sidelined.

xbroughneck
04-12-2010, 02:45 PM
I would take that bet...

If you want PM me. (Mind you, I'd much rather be wrong in this instance)

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 02:47 PM
So Ben had sex......shocker! The bodyguard escorted her to the bathroom........so she went willingly. She cried rape and then changed her mind. And that warrants a 5 game suspension? No freaking way.

SteelersBry79
04-12-2010, 02:49 PM
The thing that still gets me is, and I haven't seen it mentioned once here, but I may have missed it is: like the D.A. said, there was some blood around the girl's vagina, but could she have been a........*cough* virgin? Assuming that's the case, she felt bad that she lost her virginity in a 5x5 bathroom and the rest is now history.

SteelGhost
04-12-2010, 02:49 PM

Dennis Dixon to Mike Wallace for 5 games ..... ok I can live with that :tt02:

I hope it won't be more than 2 games though :chuckle:

SteelersBry79
04-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Dennis Dixon to Mike Wallace for 5 games ..... ok I can live with that :tt02:

I hope it won't be more than 2 games though :chuckle:

I hope it's 0 games, thank you. I have about as much faith in Dixon as......I'll think of something later :chuckle:

Prok
04-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Even though no charges will be filed, I still say Ben will still face a suspension. I would guess 3 games.

Yep. I personally think the Rooney's give him suspension.

SteelCityMom
04-12-2010, 02:52 PM
The thing that still gets me is, and I haven't seen it mentioned once here, but I may have missed it is: like the D.A. said, there was some blood around the girl's vagina, but could she have been a........*cough* virgin? Assuming that's the case, she felt bad that she lost her virginity in a 5x5 bathroom and the rest is now history.

I believe he said abrasion...not blood. If there was blood, the docs that checked her out may have seen more of a reason to call it a possible rape case. From what the DA said, the docs told him that there was no significant evidence of rape.

SteelGhost
04-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I hope it's 0 games, thank you. I have about as much faith in Dixon as......I'll think of something later :chuckle:

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 02:57 PM
It seems ESPN cut off the statement by the DA.........if this is true,,,,,,,,,that why was there even an investigation????? What ESPN showed insinuated tha tBen actually raped her, but they couldn't prove it. I hate these #^*%$#$#ers.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10102/1049817-100.stm

Mr. Bright also said the woman had sent a letter to prosecutors asking that no charges be filed.

He said the woman, 20, was highly intoxicated during the night of bar hopping with her sorority sisters from the Georgia College & State University. After the woman emerged from the nightclub bathroom, her sisters took her to a police officer. He initially asked her if she had been raped, and she said no. But she later wrote statements saying there had been sex.

xbroughneck
04-12-2010, 02:57 PM
So Ben had sex......shocker! The bodyguard escorted her to the bathroom........so she went willingly. She cried rape and then changed her mind. And that warrants a 5 game suspension? No freaking way.

As they say...HE FOLLOWED A DRUNK CHICK DOWN THE HALL TO A 5x5 BATHROOM. What follows next is bad regardless of where it went. Even if all he did was grab the boob of a drunk girl who wasn't of legal drinking age (which Ben wouldn't know).

Ben is going to get his hand slapped (as he should) by either the commissioner or the Rooneys because he made a VERY bad decision. The question will be how hard.

If this were Ben's only "black eye" on the league, I could see the commish overlooking this and just letting things go (before the other sexual allegation, and the motorcycle accident).

Ben is going to get suspended for poor judgement IMHO.

HughC
04-12-2010, 03:01 PM
A few people seem to have forgotten that you don't have to be convicted or even arrested in order to be suspended by Goodell. Ben wouldn't be the first player to be suspended without having been convicted in a court of law.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2832098

"It is important that the NFL be represented consistently by outstanding people as well as great football players, coaches, and staff," Goodell said. "We hold ourselves to higher standards of responsible conduct because of what it means to be part of the National Football League. We have long had policies and programs designed to encourage responsible behavior, and this policy is a further step in ensuring that everyone who is part of the NFL meets that standard. We will continue to review the policy and modify it as warranted."

"It is not enough to simply avoid being found guilty of a crime," the new policy says. "Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the league is based, and is lawful.

"Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime."

SteelersBry79
04-12-2010, 03:04 PM
As they say...HE FOLLOWED A DRUNK CHICK DOWN THE HALL TO A 5x5 BATHROOM. What follows next is bad regardless of where it went. Even if all he did was grab the boob of a drunk girl who wasn't of legal drinking age (which Ben wouldn't know).

Ben is going to get his hand slapped (as he should). The question will be how hard.

Well knowing how much Goodell sucks and how much bias he has, it'll be more than a slap. It'll be an assault......of the monetary and lack of playing time kind!

Rick5895
04-12-2010, 03:10 PM

Ben is going to get his hand slapped (as he should) by either the commissioner or the Rooneys because he made a VERY bad decision. The question will be how hard.

If this were Ben's only "black eye" on the league, I could see the commish overlooking this and just letting things go (before the other sexual allegation, and the motorcycle accident).

Ben is going to get suspended for poor judgement IMHO.

My feelings exactly, Ben may not have been charged but somehow I get the feeling the D.A wanted to lay charges and prosecute, in addition, the woman in question and her family deciding not to pursue tells me Ben and his people paid her off.
None the less, Ben , IMO will be suspended if not by the NFL then by the Rooney's. 2 games at least.

SteelersinCA
04-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Something should be done by the Steelers to get him to wake up. I wouldn't mind seeing them fine him, if it were possible.

Steel_12
04-12-2010, 03:11 PM

LMAO...I said the exact same thing when I heard him say it

plenewken
04-12-2010, 03:12 PM
but he's far from being innocent too.
Hope the Rooneys remind him of some key aspects of the Steelers' culture and morals that Ben seems not to have taken seriously enough lately.

xbroughneck
04-12-2010, 03:28 PM
OK...

Even though I think Ben should be suspended for 4-5 games, I SURE AS HELL WOULD BLOW A GASKET IF THE ROONEYS LET HIM GO.

Ben better be a Steeler when the season starts but the guys on 1250 have me worried.

One of the guys is saying he doesn't want the guy to be the QB of his football franchise. IMHO that ain't a call for a RADIO PERSONALITY to make over the air. The guy can influence public opinion in a negative way and i don't think that is fair to Ben or other Steeler fans.

Poor decision yes. Hell, I've made poor decisions in my life as well.

I don't feel the Steelers should lose the best QB they've had in 25 years because the guy can be a doosh.

zulater
04-12-2010, 03:32 PM
but he's far from being innocent too.
Hope the Rooneys remind him of some key aspects of the Steelers' culture and morals that Ben seems not to have taken seriously enough lately.

If your the Rooney's do you dare get Ben alone and ask him point blank what happened?

And if you're not satisfied of his innocence what do you do then?

And if you operate on the premise that ignorance is bliss what does that mean about you?

I'm just saying? :noidea:

plenewken
04-12-2010, 03:32 PM

First he referred to her as the "alleged victim" and second, he never said there's no evidence to support the claim of a crime, he said the allegations of a crime cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Big difference IMO. For example, DNA was collected on the alleged victim but the sample was too small to identify with certainty a DNA profile.

If I'm completely innocent of an accusation, I guarantee you that I will not invoque the 5th Amendment. Why would I? So why did Ben refuse to be interviewed by the DA and the GBI if he was innocent?

Like I said before, not guilty but not innocent.

Oh and a dumb@ss, beyond reasonable doubt too.

SteelersBry79
04-12-2010, 03:35 PM
OK...

Even though I think Ben should be suspended for 4-5 games, I SURE AS HELL WOULD BLOW A GASKET IF THE ROONEYS LET HIM GO.

Ben better be a Steeler when the season starts but the guys on 1250 have me worried.

One of the guys is saying he doesn't want the guy to be the QB of his football franchise. IMHO that ain't a call for a RADIO PERSONALITY to make over the air. The guy can influence public opinion in a negative way and i don't think that is fair to Ben or other Steeler fans.

Poor decision yes. Hell, I've made poor decisions in my life as well.

I don't feel the Steelers should lose the best QB they've had in 25 years because the guy can be a doosh.

Multiple answers to your post:

1. He shouldn't be suspended any games. The Rooney's won't let him go just because he likes bonking girls. If I'm not mistaken, Bradshaw and Noll didn't exactly see eye to eye and his performance at first wasn't exactly the best. He wasn't let go for anything on or off the field, so Ben shouldn't and won't be any different.

2. Ben WILL be a Steeler come the start of the season.

3. I agree that the radio announcer used some bad judgement, but he can influence as many people as he wants to. The ONLY people that have the influence on whether or not to get rid of anyone are the Rooney's and they've been in the game too long to let a radio announcer influence them in any way.

plenewken
04-12-2010, 03:36 PM
If your the Rooney's do you dare get Ben alone and ask him point blank what happened?

And if you operate on the premise that ignorance is bliss what does that mean about you?

If I'm the Rooneys I'm not asking him to tell us what happened but I'm telling him that we're sick and tired of his antics and next time he's under investigation for alleged sexual assault or any other misconduct, he's OUT, no ifs and buts.

xbroughneck
04-12-2010, 03:36 PM

Says something terrible about me because I still want the guy to be my QB. I want him punished (suspension) but I want him to come back after the suspension and lead us to another super bowl victory.

zulater
04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
If I'm the Rooneys I'm not asking him to tell us what happened but I'm telling him that we're sick and tired of his antics and next time he's under investigation for alleged sexual assault or any other misconduct, he's OUT, no ifs and buts.

Good answer, that's probably the way I'd play it too.

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 03:41 PM
First he referred to her as the "alleged victim" and second, he never said there's no evidence to support the claim of a crime, he said the allegations of a crime cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Big difference IMO. For example, DNA was collected on the alleged victim but the sample was too small to identify with certainty a DNA profile.

If I'm completely innocent of an accusation, I guarantee you that I will not invoque the 5th Amendment. Why would I? So why did Ben refuse to be interviewed by the DA and the GBI if he was innocent?

He also said that even if the "victim", her family, and her lawyer did not want to press charges, he would still come to the same conclusion. There was no evidence a crime was committed so they could not press charges. They had sex. Period. Dumb...yes....but no crime was commited and she knew it all along.

Prok
04-12-2010, 03:42 PM

I think we can all agree that the Rooney's will meet privately (prolly already have) with Ben and will give him some sort of suspension/ disciplinary action.

Now that all the facts are out there's no disputing that Ben could have and should have avoided going to that bathroom.

Like the DA said. ALL parties involved hopefully learned valuable lesson.

But no way in hell i'd want them trading Ben. Not a chance in hell imo.

Fire Haley
04-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Ben may have got his meathooks into her...but his hands were clean.

Prok
04-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Ben may have got his meathooks into her...but his hands were clean.

Gotta give posters like you and Shoes credit for keeping the rest of our spirits up through this whole ordeal.

You guys are A OK in my book.

atlsteelers
04-12-2010, 03:46 PM

Well said.

xbroughneck
04-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Since when is a 20 year old considered a kid in this country?

People are implying that her being 20 and Ben being 28 is a big deal.

It's NOT. She's a grown ass woman who, along with the dumb ass she probably had sex with, made a very poor decision that night.

zulater
04-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Since when is a 20 year old considered a kid in this country?

People are implying that her being 20 and Ben being 28 is a big deal.

It's NOT. She's a grown ass woman who, along with the dumb ass she probably had sex with, made a very poor decision that night.

Yeah, when you say underage girl I'm thinking like 15.

Giggity.

plenewken
04-12-2010, 03:56 PM
He also said that even if the "victim", her family, and her lawyer did not want to press charges, he would still come to the same conclusion. There was no evidence a crime was committed so they could not press charges. They had sex. Period. Dumb...yes....but no crime was commited and she knew it.

Her refusing to pursue a conviction vs him refusing to be interviewed by the DA and investigators makes her look much smarter, more honest and more truthful than him.
Bottom line, Ben lost a lot of credibility and sympathy in this case.

Galax Steeler
04-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Hopefully we can get on to some football now. We might have to survive without Ben for a game or two but we will be ok.

Fire Haley
04-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah, when you say underage girl I'm thinking like 15.

The age of consent in GA is 16.

Ben had his bases covered.

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Her refusing to pursue a conviction vs him refusing to be interviewed by the DA and investigators makes her look much smarter, more honest and more truthful than him. Bottom line, Ben lost a lot of credibility and sympathy in this case.

To who....people that don't know the law??? Ben didn't have to prove anything.....she did. And as far as looking truthful.......obviously the DA didn't think so much of that since there were inconsistancies in her story.

Dino 6 Rings
04-12-2010, 04:04 PM
:jump: :m16:

:willy: :rocket:

:ak47: :downspin:

Dodging Effing Bullets

plenewken
04-12-2010, 04:07 PM
To who....people that don't know the law??? Ben didn't have to prove anything.....she did. And as far as looking truthful.......obviously the DA didn't think so much of that since there were inconsistancies in her story.

To me and to 99.9% of the people I've talked to.
Ben hiding from the investigators wasn't the smartest PR move he could have done. I don't care if he was directed by his lawyers or not.
For common mortals like me, it looked like he didn't want to incriminate himself. How could he incriminate himself if he was innocent?

Prok
04-12-2010, 04:07 PM
I guess the sensationalism will not end any time soon.

Prok
04-12-2010, 04:09 PM
He who is without sin among us can cast the first stone.....

C'mon ppl. It's over finally.

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 04:13 PM
To me and to 99.9% of the people I've talked to.
Ben hiding from the investigators wasn't the smartest PR move he could have done. I don't care if he was directed by his lawyers or not.
For common mortals like me, it looked like he didn't want to incriminate himself. How could he incriminate himself if he was innocent?

um....ok. So 0.1% of the people you know are actually smart enough to know that you keep your mouth shut when your very high priced laywer tells you to.

And since no charges were brought against him,.........I guess the very high priced lawyer knew what he was doing.

But hey, if you ever find yourself in a situation where the police need to question you about something, then by all means, spill your guts and let them make a case out of it. :drink:

Fire Haley
04-12-2010, 04:14 PM
:jump: :m16:

:willy: :rocket:

:ak47: :downspin:

Dodging Effing Bullets

We need a new Steelers chant...

frickin' aye!

DNA!
DNA!
DNA!

xbroughneck
04-12-2010, 04:15 PM
He who is without sin among us can cast the first stone.....

C'mon ppl. It's over finally.

The only thing that is really over is the fear that Ben will do jail time.

Punishment has not been determined, and once it is, the discussion/argument will be whether it was too harsh and did not fit the crime, or not harsh enough.

This truly won't go away until the Steelers win their first regular season game this year.

Ricco Suavez
04-12-2010, 04:16 PM
I have refrained from posting until this announcement. Since when in this country did it become the norm to assume the worst of anyone. Ben was accused of something and the D.A. just confirmed there was not enough evidence to take to trial. He can word it any way ,or put any spin on this if he wants, but it boils down that he felt he could not get a conviction.

This episode is different from the previous charge in that this was an actually investigation from a criminal standpoint, the one from Nevada was never a criminal investigation since the girl waited too long. Instead she preferred to file civil suit, where the proof of the crime is not as concrete. The previous suit, from what her e-mails read like seems to be a ploy for money only.

This last scenario will still be played out at a later date. I do not know if the girl is a money grubber, she could very well be a naive silly young girl who made a poor decision and then felt bad about it.

But if the commissioner suspends Ben then the players union should jump on this with both feet. I for one do not think he should be suspended at all, seeing as there was noting illegal done. Poor judgment is not a crime, poor judgment on the field will lose you your job. If the Rooneys feel a suspension is in order to get his attention then so be it. I for one am sick of bringing every incident up in Ben's life from an accident that was not his fault, to these latest instances.

Just remember, if he is a target as so many say, then this can happen in the parking lot of a supermarket also. These things can happen anywhere. Where do you think accused clergymen had sex with their victims. Where did teachers have sex with students. Most certainly not bars. Right here locally a young girl accused a teacher of molesting her. Turned out to be false, but the damage was done, the teachers rep. is tarnished forever.

Our society loves scandal, that's the reason we have tabloids and tabloid type shows. The face of an NFL team does not have to give up his social life, seems he had an entourage, just because the league does not want egg on its face. What about squeaky clean Brady, knocks up girlfriend and dumps her to start dating supermodel. Oakland coach accused of wife beating and harming an assistant, has anything been done yet. I waited for the investigation to be complete, seems a lot more would have been better served to have waited also/

Prok
04-12-2010, 04:20 PM
I have refrained from posting until this announcement. Since when in this country did it become the norm to assume the worst of anyone. Ben was accused of something and the D.A. just confirmed there was not enough evidence to take to trial. He can word it any way ,or put any spin on this if he wants, but it boils down that he felt he could not get a conviction.

This episode is different from the previous charge in that this was an actually investigation from a criminal standpoint, the one from Nevada was never a criminal investigation since the girl waited too long. Instead she preferred to file civil suit, where the proof of the crime is not as concrete. The previous suit, from what her e-mails read like seems to be a ploy for money only.

This last scenario will still be played out at a later date. I do not know if the girl is a money grubber, she could very well be a naive silly young girl who made a poor decision and then felt bad about it.

But if the commissioner suspends Ben then the players union should jump on this with both feet. I for one do not think he should be suspended at all, seeing as there was noting illegal done. Poor judgment is not a crime, poor judgment on the field will lose you your job. If the Rooneys feel a suspension is in order to get his attention then so be it. I for one am sick of bringing every incident up in Ben's life from an accident that was not his fault, to these latest instances.

Just remember, if he is a target as so many say, then this can happen in the parking lot of a supermarket also. These things can happen anywhere. Where do you think accused clergymen had sex with their victims. Where did teachers have sex with students. Most certainly not bars. Right here locally a young girl accused a teacher of molesting her. Turned out to be false, but the damage was done, the teachers rep. is tarnished forever.

Our society loves scandal, that's the reason we have tabloids and tabloid type shows. The face of an NFL team does not have to give up his social life, seems he had an entourage, just because the league does not want egg on its face. What about squeaky clean Brady, knocks up girlfriend and dumps her to start dating supermodel. Oakland coach accused of wife beating and harming an assistant, has anything been done yet. I waited for the investigation to be complete, seems a lot more would have been better served to have waited also/

Great post.

Too many ppl have cast too many stones and nobody wants to recant.

plenewken
04-12-2010, 04:21 PM
um....ok. So 0.1% of the people you know are actually smart enough to know that you keep your mouth shut when your very high priced laywer tells you to.

And since no charges we brought against him,.........I guess the very high priced lawyer knew what he was doing.

But hey, if you ever find yourself in a situation where the police need to question you about something, then by all means, spill your guts and let them make a case out of it. :drink:

If I'm completely innocent, I have no problem answering questions and I sure as sh*t won't hire a lawyer if I don't have to.
Been there done that .................... but I'm not Roethlisberger.

colescott1
04-12-2010, 04:23 PM
the only question that remains to me, after listening to the DA drop the case this afternoon, is why there was any investigation at all.

Per the DA, the alleged victims friends found a cop, after thinking something happened. Lots of confusion between them per the cop, but when he asked her directly... "were your raped"...... her answer, per the press conference today, was "no". Why was there anything done after that???

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 04:24 PM

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

xbroughneck
04-12-2010, 04:25 PM
the only question that remains to me, after listening to the DA drop the case this afternoon, is why there was any investigation at all.

Per the DA, the alleged victims friends found a cop, after thinking something happened. Lots of confusion between them per the cop, but when he asked her directly... "were your raped"...... her answer, per the press conference today, was "no". Why was there anything done after that???

When she said no she was drunk.

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 04:26 PM

Exactly!

It appears like they were bound and determined to bring charges against the Big Bad QB. The heck with our season this year... they almost ruined a man's career because of it.

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 04:28 PM
He also insinuated that Ben was drunk.....which they have no proof since no blood alcohol test was run on him.

SteelGhost
04-12-2010, 04:31 PM

Great post Ricco :hatsoff:

xbroughneck
04-12-2010, 04:33 PM
This last scenario will still be played out at a later date. I do not know if the girl is a money grubber, she could very well be a naive silly young girl who made a poor decision and then felt bad about it. (AFTER SHE GOT DRUNK)

But if the commissioner suspends Ben then the players union should jump on this with both feet. I for one do not think he should be suspended at all, seeing as there was noting illegal done. Poor judgment is not a crime, poor judgment on the field will lose you your job. If the Rooneys feel a suspension is in order to get his attention then so be it.

Commissioner: "Ben, did you follow that drunk girl into a 5x5 bathroom"

Ben: "Yes sir, I did"

Commissioner: "Ben, you're too valuable to the Steeler organization for you to be doing something that stupid regardless of whether or not it's your birthday, and it's on your own time"

Ben: "You're right sir"

Commissioner: "If the league has to deal with another reported sexual infraction you will never play football in this league again. Is that understood?"

Ben: "Yes sir"

......that's how the meeting will probably go.

Now, the ROONEYS will decide whether they want to suspend Ben or not. I won't have a problem if they do.

Dino 6 Rings
04-12-2010, 04:34 PM
time for Ben to start using Pros

You don't pay them for the act, you pay them to go away and keep their mouth's shut.

just saying...it would be smarter than banging local drunk college girls.

dustyblades
04-12-2010, 04:42 PM
I too have done my best not to make a judgment based on the size of the lump in my stomach. It was not easy. I guess a little faith and patience works after all.

Another thing that works is staying out of establishments that either have, or house rooms that have the words "V.I.P." or "Champagne" in them. Just sayin'.

Either way, I must give a heartfelt :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

memphissteelergirl
04-12-2010, 04:45 PM
time for Ben to start using Pros

You don't pay them for the act, you pay them to go away and keep their mouth's shut.

Not sure if Mr. Woods would agree with you there. :wink02: :chuckle:

HometownGal
04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
they almost ruined a man's career because of it.

And more importantly, his reputation.

I hope that bar rat ho bag finds a big rock in Siberia to hide under so that we never have to hear about her ever again. :mad:

Fire Haley
04-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Gotta give posters like you and Shoes credit for keeping the rest of our spirits up through this whole ordeal.

You guys are A OK in my book.

19-0

Next Steelers SB MVP WR = T.O.

You heard it here first

Prok
04-12-2010, 05:00 PM
19-0

Next Steelers SB MVP WR = T.O.

You heard it here first

I would LMAO. The moral police would have heart attack. lol

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Statement by Steelers President Art Rooney II
Posted 16 minutes ago

The investigation process in Georgia has been deliberate and the District Attorney’s decision regarding Ben Roethlisberger speaks for itself.

During the past few weeks I have met with Ben on a number of occasions, not only to discuss this incident, but also to discuss his commitment to making sure something like this never happens again. The Pittsburgh Steelers take the conduct of players and staff very seriously. Ben will now have to work hard to earn back the respect and trust of Steelers fans, and to live up to the leadership responsibilities we all expect of him.

In the coming days Ben will meet with Commissioner Goodell to discuss his resolve to abide by the league’s personal conduct standards. After consultation with the Commissioner, our organization will determine the next steps in this process.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Statement-by-Steelers-President-Art-Rooney-II/32a16d96-fc6c-42e5-a289-d8a3b289866d

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Good statement... I think Ben's going to change. now that his boy "tone" is gone I think it's a wakeup call...

WH
04-12-2010, 05:32 PM
1. Anyone else as amazed as I am that NO ONE knows this girls name? It has to be the best kept secret EVER in this day and age.
2. I think that's bullshit. Because Ben's name has been dragged through the mud but she gets to wake up tomorrow and there won't be 50 microphones in her face (no penis jokes, please) and she'll never have to be known to anyone as that ''girl who screwed a QB in the bathroom''

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 05:35 PM
1. Anyone else as amazed as I am that NO ONE knows this girls name? It has to be the best kept secret EVER in this day and age.
2. I think that's bullshit. Because Ben's name has been dragged through the mud but she gets to wake up tomorrow and there won't be 50 microphones in her face (no penis jokes, please) and she'll never have to be known to anyone as that ''girl who screwed a QB in the bathroom''

And I bet her anonymity doesn't last long. And it shouldn't.

memphissteelergirl
04-12-2010, 05:36 PM

I hope that bar rat ho bag finds a big rock in Siberia to hide under so that we never have to hear about her ever again. :mad:

Dang, HTG...don't be shy...say how ya really feel....:toofunny:

Prok
04-12-2010, 05:38 PM
And I bet her anonymity doesn't last long. And it shouldn't.

That's what gets me. Now that all facts are out and Ben got dragged through the mud it seems only fair she take her share of blame.

And after reading Art II's statement i'm convinced suspension coming. I'm praying for only a game or two.

Indo
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM

Just out of curiosity (because I get curious, at times)
I wonder how the aforementioned bar rat ho bag explained this situation to her daddy

BRHB: "Daddy, this big football player guy was mean to me---and I'm gonna sue him!

Daddy: "Awww...my poor little BRHB, tell daddy what the meanie did to you..."

BRHB:"Well, actually, daddy, here's what happened. First, like, I was all, like, drunk. And he said it was his birthday, so, like, I went in to the bathroom with him to give him his present..."

43Hitman
04-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Just out of curiosity (because I get curious, at times)
I wonder how the aforementioned bar rat ho bag explained this situation to her daddy

BRHB: "Daddy, this big football player guy was mean to me---and I'm gonna sue him!

Daddy: "Awww...my poor little BRHB, tell daddy what the meanie did to you..."

BRHB:"Well, actually, daddy, here's what happened. First, like, I was all, like, drunk. And he said it was his birthday, so, like, I went in to the bathroom with him to give him his present..."

:rofl::toofunny::rofl:

Fire Haley
04-12-2010, 05:58 PM
In the coming days Ben will meet with Commissioner Goodell to discuss his resolve to abide by the leagues personal conduct standards.

After consultation with the Commissioner, our organization will determine the next steps in this process.

Tomlin ain't got the balls to suspend him.

Stu Pidasso
04-12-2010, 06:06 PM
I need to play devil's advocate here(not my views, just random....thoughts...)

Seems the troubled black players in Pittsburgh (Joey Porter, Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes) are run out of town but the troubled white players (Jeff Reed, Big Ben, Spaeth) are all forgiven. :hunch:

Jamess Harrison being an example, of course, but only for the reason I think everyone in Pittsburgh is afraid of him.

Shoes
04-12-2010, 06:07 PM
:chuckle::chuckle:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/09000d5d81521a9d_gallery_600.jpg

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 06:08 PM
I need to play devil's advocate here(not my views, just random....thoughts...)

Seems the troubled black players in Pittsburgh (Joey Porter, Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes) are run out of town but the troubled white players (Jeff Reed, Big Ben, Spaeth) are all forgiven. :hunch:

Yep..that's the way it works. :drink:

Seriously....Harrison and Tomlin were both black the last time I looked.

Fire Haley
04-12-2010, 06:10 PM
ESPN is playing the race card, big time - and Marcellus Wiley on the NFL channel said the NFLPA will want to know that it's not a black and white thing.

Stu Pidasso
04-12-2010, 06:11 PM
I say Gooddeal gives Ben the same suspension he gave Belicheat/Brady for Spygate.