PDA

View Full Version : Fans....?

Sleepless In Seattle
02-04-2006, 01:53 AM
:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

All Steeler fans know how loyal our fan base is, and the whole country is taking notice to the love we share for our team, unlike any other franchise. There was an interesting column in the Seattle Times by Dan Possumato. He in reality is a Steeler fan but decided to do a comparison where he went to both Pittsburgh and Seattle and wore the opposite teams gear in each city. The results:
First while returning to Pittsburgh he had to suffer the humiliation of his own family. His dad said upon first seeing him in Seattle gear " What? Are you out of your mind? You'll be lucky some nut doesn't shoot you walking around like that!" His 14yr old nephew said " Uncle Dan, I never thought you would be a traitor." He continued to go to his favorite diner, where there were about 25 people having breakfast, about two-thirds of them displaying Steelers gear. He says in this reguard there has been no comparison between Steelers and Seahawks fans. He goes on to say that as people approch him in the diner about his Seattle gear he replied by saying " He will protect me", refering to a police officer a few seats down. The officer said "anything bad that happens to you in this town might not be a crime this week." LOL Later at a Kripy Kreme, the manager points him out to his cashier and shouts " Hey,that guy has to go!" This continued on during numerous establishments that he visited. His conclusion was that the Steeler fans are a lot more visibly numerous, intense, vocal and spontaneous. One of his best observations was that he was walking around Green Lake, a very popular attraction around Seattle, wearing his Steelers jacket when he came across a family in Seahawks jerseys. Upon seeing Dan the father shouted "OK, everybody say, "BOO, STEELERS." He said the difference is that in Pittsburgh the kids wouldn't need to be told to boo. How great is that. Just another example of how great our fans are. I am proud to be a Steeler! I hope the examples from this article lift your heart, confirm your belief in Steeler football( not that we need it) and acknowlege that we as Steeler fans are beyond the rest...the best fans in the land....and WE WILL WIN THIS SUNDAY! GO STEELERS!!!

Livinginthe past
02-04-2006, 02:16 AM
Complete intolerance of a another teams fans is truly something to be proud of - Go Steelers!

NM

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 02:46 AM
Please that was a "joke" piece, much like anything Kenny Mayne does. But think how you will our victory will be all the more sweeter...underdogs..yeah whatever.

luvmysteelers
02-04-2006, 06:03 AM
People who are not Steeler fans truly do not understand Steeler fans, or the way we are. My friend (who is a Seahawk fan, from Idaho), just cannot fathom all of the hoopla, pep rallies, tailgate parties, etc this past week..he just doesn't get it.

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 06:10 AM
People who are not Steeler fans truly do not understand Steeler fans, or the way we are. My friend (who is a Seahawk fan, from Idaho), just cannot fathom all of the hoopla, pep rallies, tailgate parties, etc this past week..he just doesn't get it.Actually it is only because the Steelers have been around enough to cross generations much like Green Bay, Chicago etc....unlike a team such as the Seahawks which are only really into their 2nd generation (30 years old compared to the first Super Bowl win for you guys which was around the same time, which gives you guys the time to make traditions).

luvmysteelers
02-04-2006, 02:34 PM
I agree. I wasn't putting you down, just making a comment. It's not just the Seahawks, though. No other team has fans like Pittsburgh does. Some come close, but nothing like our team.

SteelerzGirl
02-04-2006, 04:20 PM
People who are not Steeler fans truly do not understand Steeler fans, or the way we are. My friend (who is a Seahawk fan, from Idaho), just cannot fathom all of the hoopla, pep rallies, tailgate parties, etc this past week..he just doesn't get it.

Nope, they just don't get it and probably never will. To Steelers fans, the Pittsburgh Steelers are not just an NFL football team, they're a way of life!

Suitanim
02-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Complete intolerance of a another teams fans is truly something to be proud of - Go Steelers!

NM

Says the guy who roosts primarily at a rival fans BB.

Jesus, what hypocrisy! I mean, seriously...you are the very definition of the term.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2006, 05:43 PM
The Steelers far and away have the most well traveled fan base in the league, bar none. Taking nothing away from the other great teams in the leage, but our fans are awesome !

Sharkissle29
02-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Nope, they just don't get it and probably never will. To Steelers fans, the Pittsburgh Steelers are not just an NFL football team, they're a way of life!
agree with you there. my friends at school just dont get how i can love a team so much, and they think im weird bc i rep a roethlisberger jersey w/ a terrible towel hanging from my pocket every friday. its normal, isnt it?

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 05:51 PM
I agree. I wasn't putting you down, just making a comment. It's not just the Seahawks, though. No other team has fans like Pittsburgh does. Some come close, but nothing like our team.Never thought you were putting me down I just wanted to clarify. I really can't refute what you are saying because I do not live in that area of the country but I would wager to guess Green Bay at the very least is in your league as for loyalty to a team.

I will say this though if we win I have no doubt that it will be the start of a rabid fanbase on the order of yours, despite what the media says this is a football city and state but the way to secure a fanbase as loyal as yours is only won thru superbowl victory.

seahawksfan
02-04-2006, 06:43 PM
The Steelers far and away have the most well traveled fan base in the league, bar none. Taking nothing away from the other great teams in the leage, but our fans are awesome !

I agree, Steeler fans are the best traveling fans around. Now, if only they would accept the reality that tomorrow the Seahawks will kick the Steelers butts all the way back home. :dang:

luvmysteelers
02-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Green Bay comes close..as do Denver and a few others. If the Seahawks win tomorrow (which they're not going to, but anyway..:boxing: ) I hope you do develop that sort of fanbase. It's pretty incredible to be a part of something like this. And like steelerzgirl said, its not just a game, or a team..its a way of life.

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 07:03 PM
this is a football city and state.

:toofunny:

Christ ol' mighty these people are priceless.

Suitanim
02-04-2006, 07:06 PM
:toofunny:

Christ ol' mighty these people are priceless.

Half the people who live and work and do business in Seattle are Asians.

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Half the people who live and work and do business in Seattle are Asians.

That makes the statement even more hilarious........:toofunny: :funny:

Some people are clueless. I've been to Seattle (stayed at the Warwick) and the last thing I thought of is football or sports in general to be honest.

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Geez, could you try and actually learn the demographics of a city and state before posting things of this level of ignorance?

And yes back in the 80's the Seahawks ruled the city, state and the Greater Northwest thrown in. As I said before the only thing the solidifies a fanbase through cylindrical win/loss records is Super Bowl victory. With that a team's legacy is secure no matter what happens. Case in point Oakland Raiders, Green Bay Packers, etc. etc. etc. Each of these teams have a national following much like yours which is directly attributable to winning the Super Bowl at some point in their past. I expect the same result for us after tomorrow, foolish hope maybe, but confident...yes!

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 07:47 PM
You keep thinking your a "football city" hun. Whatever makes you feel better....lol.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 07:49 PM
That makes the statement even more hilarious........:toofunny: :funny:

Some people are clueless. I've been to Seattle (stayed at the Warwick) and the last thing I thought of is football or sports in general to be honest.

So the two giant stadiums that greet visitors into the city didn't clue you in?

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 07:56 PM
So the two giant stadiums that greet visitors into the city didn't clue you in?

So because a city has two stadiums automatically makes them a "football city" or "sports city" in general? That's news to me. Tampa Bay has two stadiums, I really don't consider them a "football" or "sports" city. I can name a few more but I'm hoping I gave you enough "clues" in order to get my point..:rolleyes:

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Never thought you were putting me down I just wanted to clarify. I really can't refute what you are saying because I do not live in that area of the country but I would wager to guess Green Bay at the very least is in your league as for loyalty to a team.

I will say this though if we win I have no doubt that it will be the start of a rabid fanbase on the order of yours, despite what the media says this is a football city and state but the way to secure a fanbase as loyal as yours is only won thru superbowl victory.

I'll buy into your theory except for one thing the STEELERS had a loyal fan base before they won any superbowls. :tt02: :helmet:

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 08:02 PM
So because a city has two stadiums automatically makes them a "football city" or "sports city" in general? That's news to me. Tampa Bay has two stadiums, I really don't consider them a "football" or "sports" city. I can name a few more but I'm hoping I gave you enough "clues" in order to get my point..:rolleyes:
Tampa Bay is retirement city and is well known to only care about college football heck Florida itself is more a college sporting state than professional sports across the board so what's your point?

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 08:04 PM
I'll buy into your theory except for one thing the STEELERS had a loyal fan base before they won any superbowls. :tt02: :helmet:
So do we but it was in no way national before those victories.

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Your right, when I think of football.......I think of Seattle, Washington. I give up. You got me. lol.

blackngoldbaby
02-04-2006, 08:49 PM
DONT WORRY I AM THE SAME WAY ALL MY FRIENDS THINK IM WEIRD BECAUSE IM ALWAYS TALKIN ABOUT THE STEELERS AND ALWAYS WERIN MY BALCK N GOLD! SURE THERES SOME STEELER FANS AT MY SCHOOL BUT NONE LIKE ME!!!LOL THEY KEEP TELLIN ME ITS JUST A FOOTBALL TEAM AND I SAY TO EM NO THEIR NOT 2 ME THERE MY LIFE!! THEIR LIKE MY SECOND FAMILY!!:bouncy: SO DONT FEEL WEIRD KEEP WEREIN THAT BLACK N GOLD!!!!*GO STEELERS* HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!:tt: :tt: :sign01: :sign08: :sign10: :grin:

blackngoldbaby
02-04-2006, 09:00 PM
agree with you there. my friends at school just dont get how i can love a team so much, and they think im weird bc i rep a roethlisberger jersey w/ a terrible towel hanging from my pocket every friday. its normal, isnt it?
i know how u feel i have the same problem my friends all think im weird because im always talkin about the steelers and werin my black n gold they go its just a football team i say no their not 2 me there my life their like my second family sooooooo dont let it get 2 ya and were that BLACKNGOLD PROUD!!!!!!!*GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STEELERS*:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :sign01: :sign08: :sign10:

Rust-Buster
02-05-2006, 12:36 AM
The Steelers fans around here aren't afraid to show their colors, but to tell you the truth, I haven't seen any Steelers gear this week. Since this is a Navy town, there's alot of influx of people. But Blue and green is all you see this week, and shirts, and Jersey's are selling out faster then the stores can keep them in stock. Everyday, somebody says to me, "Where'd you find that shirt, I can't find them anywhere." I think the first day after the Championship game, we were all, basically in disbelief, after such a long wait. But now there's rallies all-over the state, businesses are having parties for their employees and so-on. Finally the fans here are catching on as to what to do to support the team.
Go Hawks

83-Steelers-43
02-05-2006, 07:44 AM
Your talking about not seeing any Steeler fans in Bremerton, Washington? That's because they all made that "long and expensive" trip from Washington State to Detroit to watch their team in the Super Bowl. lol.

Maybe you can go to these places and find them.............. http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/steelerbars_list.asp#Washington

clevestinks
02-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Steelers Fans
World Wide
You are the
Greatest
fans
in the
NFL.

Today, this RING is for you!
Here We Go Steelers!
Here We GO!