PDA

View Full Version : if the steelers really want spoon at 18?

thermoman
03-06-2010, 02:20 PM
with dansby going to miami and denver i believe goes offensive, they could use an offensive lineman like iupati or davis or a wide receiver if bryant falls to 11,,,, that leaves mcclain...... i could see him slipping to 15 and if he does that means the giants will grab him bigtime,, he will not make it past ny,, and tomlins seems to prefer spoon over mclain ( Just my opinion) anyways,,,,, so if tomlin really loves spoon..... at pick 18.... i see him sitting there for the plucking, cause i do not see a trade up, cause i believe tomlin is targeting spoon, not mclain at 18 ( IMO):thumbsup:

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Tomlin doesn't prefer Spoon and he hasn't said that to my liking.

And it would be like the Timmons mistake passing McClain up for Weatherspoon

thermoman
03-06-2010, 03:40 PM
super fly, you obviously do not belong to the steel city insiders,,,,, it is a paid board you have to pay to get in it,,,,,,, and it has a great article by jim wexall the steelers beat writer, , , , about the steelers and tomlin be real high on spoon..... so suscribe, read it and then we will talk about spoon they........ love him........

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 03:47 PM
super fly, you obviously do not belong to the steel city insiders,,,,, it is a paid board you have to pay to get in it,,,,,,, and it has a great article by jim wexall the steelers beat writer, , , , about the steelers and tomlin be real high on spoon..... so suscribe, read it and then we will talk about spoon they........ love him........

They won't want a loudmouth like Joey Porter again. Joey was a special special player (could weatherspoon become a special player yes but i doubt it not the point you don't get a Joey Porter every new decade it's a rarity for anew Peezy to come around) he talked smack and back it up but Weatherspoon was talking full of himself at a Combine. A Major turnoff to scouts. I find him annoying if i was James Harrison and someone was loud mouthing all the way through practise it would get irratable.

Im not subscribing to that crap last year those people said we were real high on Laurinitis, Pat White, SeaN Smith whom all passed up........ I'm sure Mike Tomlin is high on most first round prospects because one of them are the next to be in our organisation. And if he wants to pick Spoon well can do what he did to Lawrence Timmons and try change him to a different position and waste him in this case Timmoms career of 3 years.

thermoman
03-06-2010, 03:52 PM
they were never high on laurinitis,,white,,, smith,,,,,, and as for his mouth,, tomlin said he needs a vocal leader, and loved his vocals at the senior bowl, it is all in the steel city insider,,,,,,,,,,, tomlin loves his mouth.......... period....... time for some SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OON

thermoman
03-06-2010, 03:54 PM
DIFFERENT POSITION? he kicked butt at the senior bowl......... playing , yes........ MIDDLE LINEBACKER

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 03:59 PM
they were never high on laurinitis,,white,,, smith,,,,,, and as for his mouth,, tomlin said he needs a vocal leader, and loved his vocals at the senior bowl, it is all in the steel city insider,,,,,,,,,,, tomlin loves his mouth.......... period....... time for some SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OON

Really THey were never high on Laurinitis although Dick Lebeau publicly said he would like him, how often does he publicly tout draft picks

Look at how much of a beast Laurnitis is compared to Timmons, what a waste of a pick we should of just selected Woodley in the first round.

They obviously didn't have a backup plan on draft day

“They told me they were going to draft me in the 15th spot,” Revis said. “I thought I was going to be a Steeler.”
Revis said defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau told him of the Steelers’ intentions to use their first draft pick of the Mike Tomlin era on him if he were still in the board. http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/01/30/revis-i-thought-i-was-going-to-be-a-steeler/

It's clear they didn't have a backup plan to the fullest and drafted Timmons. A head scratcher.

Laurinaitis said every time he sees Pittsburgh Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau, the former Buckeye says "I hope you slip to us," at the last pick in the first round, No. 32. Laurinaitis said he'd be honored to join the Super Bowl champs

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2009/04/safe_and_familiar_james_laurin.html

Timmons is not a bust right now, won't be one but i am struggling to see when he will get his breakout year.

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 03:59 PM
DIFFERENT POSITION? he kicked butt at the senior bowl......... playing , yes........ MIDDLE LINEBACKER

Welcome to the NFL Buddy. The Game is alot different.

Chidi29
03-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Tomlin understands the "swagger" some players have. He's talked about it in his press conferences when once asked about our cornerbacks and the jawing/celebrating guys like Gay and Ike do.

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Tomlin understands the "swagger" some players have. He's talked about it in his press conferences when once asked about our cornerbacks and the jawing/celebrating guys like Gay and Ike do.

Theres a "little" difference with celebrating a play which did not happen last year on the field compared to the deafining voice of a continous loop of a voice booming throughout the room.

thermoman
03-06-2010, 04:05 PM
i would rather have tomlin,,,,,,, be in love with me than lebeau.....( laurinitis) last i looked TOMLIN has the final say,,,,,,, or is lebeau head man now? tomlin obviously did not lie laurinitis like he does spoon or he would be a steeler period...... TOMLIN said hey DICK,no.......... to LAURINITIS................SORRY

Chidi29
03-06-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't understand the Timmons hate. It became clear last year that he was drafted as the future ILB. Timmons played well for his first year starting and is the most athletic ILB we've had in quite awhile. He isn't the typical thumper we've been accustomed to seeing but will continue to improve, especially against the run, and hopefully won't have any ankle troubles holding him back.

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 04:09 PM
i would rather have tomlin,,,,,,, be in love with me than lebeau.....( laurinitis) last i looked TOMLIN has the final say,,,,,,, or is lebeau head man now? tomlin obviously did not lie laurinitis like he does spoon or he would be a steeler period...... TOMLIN said hey DICK,no.......... to LAURINITIS................SORRY

I wouldn't say no to Dick Lebeau. Only a fool would do that.

I would leave Dick Lebeau to decide who my defensive picks were because he makes the playbook he fits the jigsaws into the puzzle.

tomlin obviously did not lie laurinitis like he does spoon or he would be a steeler period

That doesn't make sense didn not lie laurinitis like he does spoon? ?????????

What are you to be Sorry about lol it's a discussion we will have our disagreements did i want Laurinitis not really.

I don't understand the Timmons hate. It became clear last year that he was drafted as the future ILB. Timmons played well for his first year starting and is the most athletic ILB we've had in quite awhile. He isn't the typical thumper we've been accustomed to seeing but will continue to improve, especially against the run, and hopefully won't have any ankle troubles holding him back.

Im not hating on Timmons i hate why we selected him as a 1st rounder. I hope he improves against the run or Ray Rice will be running all over us for the next 10 years. But when he got owned and run over on the goaline on national t.v. on prime time. That stays with you forever.

thermoman
03-06-2010, 04:11 PM
yes....... dicks defense kicked ass last year........ they were awesome...... dick has had his good days........... you saw our d it SUCKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 04:18 PM
yes....... dicks defense kicked ass last year........ they were awesome...... dick has had his good days........... you saw our d it SUCKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Our defense didn't sucked compared to the league's we were ranked 5th. You must not appreciate his schemes and knowledge and services to the games. Maybe your a fair weather fan I don't know.

Dick Lebeau's Defense Under the Steelers

1995: 3rd. 285.1 PPG
1996: 2nd. 272.6 PPG
2004: 1st 258.4 PPG
2005: 4th 284.0 PPG
2006: 9th 300.3 PPG
2007: 1st 266.4 PPG
2008: 1st 237.2 PPG
2009: 5th 305.3 PPG

Not once in his 8 years has he had a defense ranked 10th or higher.

Overall in those years his defense has given up 276.1 yards per game (official) 80 per run and around 197 passing yards (assumptions didnt calculate)

So obviously the Legendary Defensive Co-Ordinator's schemes do work. It doesn't help when Ike Taylor tries a feeble push out of bounds when the receiver gains balances and goes 70 yards for a touchdown.

thermoman
03-06-2010, 04:23 PM
IF YOU HATE SPOON,,,,,,,,,,,,, TELL TOMLIN,,,,,,, HE IS THE GUY THAT HAS THE FINAL DECISION,,,, I CANT HELP IT THAT TOMLIN......... LOVESSSSSSSSSSS SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNN

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Defenses Since Lebeau Left in 1996 and coming back in 2004

1997: 6th 294.1
1998: 12th 310.2
1999: 11th 305.2
2000: 7th 294.6
2001: 1st 258.6
2002: 7th 302.2
2003: 9th 298.9

Dick Lebeau's defenses have been far better.

This defenses gave up on average 294.8 with less years.

On average Dick Lebeau's defense was ranked 3rd Overall. Without it drops to 7th.

SS43Polamalu
03-06-2010, 04:51 PM
No chance we take Spoon at 18, Tomlin isn't that dumb. The only way we take Spoon is if we trade down. Why would Tomlin take someone that high that will only play back up and special teams for two years? The biggest need will be FS with Clark most likely not coming back, and with Rolle signing with the Giants we have an even better shot at drafting Earl Thomas. If both Thomas and Spoon are on the board at 18, it's an easy decision on who to take. If Thomas is gone i see him taking an OL at 18 or trading down and possibly taking Spoon. If that happens i won't be too mad, but i do really hope we draft Earl Thomas who will make an instant impact and can learn from the absolute best, Troy Polamalu.

thermoman
03-06-2010, 05:02 PM
SPOOON, may go to the giants at 15,,,,,,,,, so 18 is not a reach,, his stock is booming

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-06-2010, 05:07 PM
No chance we take Spoon at 18, Tomlin isn't that dumb. The only way we take Spoon is if we trade down. Why would Tomlin take someone that high that will only play back up and special teams for two years? The biggest need will be FS with Clark most likely not coming back, and with Rolle signing with the Giants we have an even better shot at drafting Earl Thomas. If both Thomas and Spoon are on the board at 18, it's an easy decision on who to take. If Thomas is gone i see him taking an OL at 18 or trading down and possibly taking Spoon. If that happens i won't be too mad, but i do really hope we draft Earl Thomas who will make an instant impact and can learn from the absolute best, Troy Polamalu.

You mean playing backup the way Timmons Hood and Mendenhall all did? That is the way the Steelers do things. Rookie always sit and learn. Whether we draft Weatherspoon or Thomas it is highly unlikely either would make a substantial impact in their rookie season.

SS43Polamalu
03-06-2010, 05:12 PM
SPOOON, may go to the giants at 15,,,,,,,,, so 18 is not a reach,, his stock is booming

If Mclain is available they take him, if not they'll probably go DT or trade down, Spoon isn't a top 20 pick. If people have even Mclain falling to 18, spoon could fall to when the Eagle pick at 24 or even later. Spoon is for sure a great player but not much need for ILB that early other then the Giants so I'm sorry to say, i don't see Spoon in the top 20.

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 05:13 PM
You mean playing backup the way Timmons Hood and Mendenhall all did? That is the way the Steelers do things. Rookie always sit and learn. Whether we draft Weatherspoon or Thomas it is highly unlikely either would make a substantial impact in their rookie season.

Well thats aload of rubbish whoever we draft for Safety will start immediatley since we don't have one lmao.

People forget we don't have Clark now may i remind you.

Lol you heard it from me first Weatherspoon will be bust.

SS43Polamalu
03-06-2010, 05:16 PM

Only Timmons played back up for that long, and look what that did for him. Mendy started his 2nd season only because he was injured his rookie season and for Hood he's gonna see a lot more play time next season with how he ended this season. I don't hate Spoon but why take another Timmons and let him sit for two years? Doesn't make much sense IMO when you could have someone that could very well start right away.

wdsteel
03-06-2010, 05:17 PM
i would rather have..Sean Lee or Eric Norwood over Soon.:banging:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Well thats aload of rubbish whoever we draft for Safety will start immediatley since we don't have one lmao.

People forget we don't have Clark now may i remind you.

Lol you heard it from me first Weatherspoon will be bust.

Yup just like Troy did his rookie season. You sure know it all. Also I realize mastery of the English language is not one of your strong suits but try rereading my post. I said nothing about starting. I said the rookie will not make a substantial impact. You heard it hear first. Supa Fly is becoming more bitter because his prospect isn't getting as much love as others.

SS43Polamalu
03-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Yup just like Troy did his rookie season. You sure know it all. Also I realize mastery of the English language is not one of your strong suits but try rereading my post. I said nothing about starting. I said the rookie will not make a substantial impact. You heard it hear first. Supa Fly is becoming more bitter because his prospect isn't getting as much love as others.

Troy didn't start any games his rookie season and if we draft Thomas he pretty much has no choice but to start since we have no one else.

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Troy didn't start any games his rookie season and if we draft Thomas he pretty much has no choice but to start since we have no one else.

That please read xXTheSteelKingsXx. If we drafted somelike like Burnett, Mays, Thomas or Allen they would have no choice but to start.

Back when we had Troy we had depth. We don't have that privaledge right now. There was Chris Hope and Mike Logan back in 2003.

But let me guess you didn't support the Steelers in 2003 you supported them since we won our sixth right.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-06-2010, 06:02 PM
That please read xXTheSteelKingsXx. If we drafted somelike like Burnett, Mays, Thomas or Allen they would have no choice but to start.

Back when we had Troy we had depth. We don't have that privaledge right now. There was Chris Hope and Mike Logan back in 2003.

I understand that but my point is Leabeu has a complicated system and any rookie is going to struggle to grasp it. This is going to hurt their production. I would much rather start a less talented Ryan Mundy with his two years of experience in our defense than a more talented rookie like Berry or Thomas who is possibly going to be hesitant and react slower.

I'm not saying that if we draft Thomas or Berry, or any other free saftey, that they will not start some point this season but if we do not bring back Clark or sign a veteran FA I feel Mundy will be starting, at the onset of the season, at free saftey regardless the draft pick. The transition to the NFL along with Leabeu's scheme is really difficult.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Also, please refrain from calling my fanhood into question to try and weaken my arguement. I was a fan of the Steelers before you had even heard of the sport of football. I'm really getting sick of all the threats and personal attacks. Even if we have differing views on a subject we can still debate them in an adult manner.

SS43Polamalu
03-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Also, please refrain from calling my fanhood into question to try and weaken my arguement. I was a fan of the Steelers before you had even heard of the sport of football. I'm really getting sick of all the threats and personal attacks. Even if we have differing views on a subject we can still debate them in an adult manner.

Try taking your own advice big guy, I've been reading these threads for a few months now and you and many other take any shot you can at Supa, that's not debating in an "adult manner" if you ask me.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Try taking your own advice big guy, I've been reading these threads for a few months now and you and many other take any shot you can at Supa, that's not debating in an "adult manner" if you ask me.

Where have I ever personally attacked supa by calling him an "idot", "homo", calling out his fanhood or threaten to place poisen in his beverage (all things supa has said to myself and other posters)? The most I have done is call him out for incomprehedible posts and his tendency to respond to others quickly before understanding what they posted. Other than that the only thing myself and supa have disagreed on are each others posts.

SS43Polamalu
03-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Where have I ever personally attacked supa by calling him an "idot", "homo", calling out his fanhood or threaten to place poisen in his beverage (all things supa has said to myself and other posters)? The most I have done is call him out for incomprehedible posts and his tendency to respond to others quickly before understanding what they posted. Other than that the only thing myself and supa have disagreed on are each others posts.

You insulted his intelligence and his ability to type and comprehend English. Yes he has insulted people but does that mean you should insult him? Most times were after he posted something about liking a player or something along those lines and then someone (not saying you) would just insult or make fun of what he posted. Two wrongs don't make a right, whether you believe you insulted him or not, you did. I for one don't know why anyone here is insulting others, we're all Steelers fans and should direct our anger/insults towards Raven and Bengal fans :wink02:

Go Steelers!!!

:tt03:

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 07:20 PM
I understand that but my point is Leabeu has a complicated system and any rookie is going to struggle to grasp it. This is going to hurt their production. I would much rather start a less talented Ryan Mundy with his two years of experience in our defense than a more talented rookie like Berry or Thomas who is possibly going to be hesitant and react slower.

I'm not saying that if we draft Thomas or Berry, or any other free saftey, that they will not start some point this season but if we do not bring back Clark or sign a veteran FA I feel Mundy will be starting, at the onset of the season, at free saftey regardless the draft pick. The transition to the NFL along with Leabeu's scheme is really difficult.

Im not attacking you.

1. YOU TELL ME that we would have to rush the rookie in when we would.
2. Why not do you not remember the 2003 season I don't care how old they are but i don't think i need to go into detail on why our new safety if we drafted one would start.
3. I in know way have attacked someone in this thread. I was asking if you were a fair weather fan in all honestly because how can you not know the reason why Polamalu had sit. It's simple Logan and Hope were veterans on the roster, something we dont have right now.
4. If you think Mundy can start who was suppose to be cut last year if not for that Panther interception then that's fine your view.

Where have I ever personally attacked supa by calling him an "idot", "homo", calling out his fanhood or threaten to place poisen in his beverage (all things supa has said to myself and other posters)

LOl it's Larry the Troll get use to him i don't care about the Troll.

PittdaBurgh56
03-07-2010, 12:13 PM
This message board is getting ruined by people like you guys...stop complaining stop telling people there stupid and dont know what they are taking about. TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL.
I will simply use this as an example
This was the first post to this topic
Tomlin doesn't prefer Spoon and he hasn't said that to my liking.

And it would be like the Timmons mistake passing McClain up for Weatherspoon

What did this do?
Start a stupid argument over if tomlin likes spoon. NO one knows who he likes so who cares.
Instead of this topic being about what would happen if spoon was selected it turned into a agruement about nothing at all.
Its not all supas fault as i said before i used it as a example. But everyone needs to stop and just talk football.
This is steelers nation we arent the browns bengals patriots and raiders fans we r loyal and respect each other so show it.

devilsdancefloor
03-07-2010, 11:43 PM
This message board is getting ruined by people like you guys...stop complaining stop telling people there stupid and dont know what they are taking about. TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL.

What did this do?
Start a stupid argument over if tomlin likes spoon. NO one knows who he likes so who cares.
Instead of this topic being about what would happen if spoon was selected it turned into a agruement about nothing at all.
Its not all supas fault as i said before i used it as a example. But everyone needs to stop and just talk football.
This is steelers nation we arent the browns bengals patriots and raiders fans we r loyal and respect each other so show it.

:applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit:

supa you say clark is gone we dont know that at this point. He could be gone :noidea: but we have mundy and we could resign ty carter. plus there are alot of good safeties to be had in the draft after round . I love the passion about pimping thomas, but you cant attack someone ( yes that is what you have been doing if someone doesnt want thomas) discuss dont attack there is a difference.

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 09:05 AM

What did this do?

:applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit:

supa you say clark is gone we dont know that at this point. He could be gone :noidea: but we have mundy and we could resign ty carter. plus there are alot of good safeties to be had in the draft after round . I love the passion about pimping thomas, but you cant attack someone ( yes that is what you have been doing if someone doesnt want thomas) discuss dont attack there is a difference.

Clark is visiting Miami alone... and said he waited along time to visit to go to the right place... all indications he have gone.... sadly unless they dont sign him to that hollywood deal his Agent wants... :mad:

Clark said he would like to make this his one and only stop.

``Without a question,'' Clark told The Miami Herald. ``That's the reason we waited so long to take any [free agent] trips.

jollyrob68
03-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Clarks back, Will Allen signed, Not Getting Thomas unless its as a CB. WHich he said he's a CB at heart. If He's There and they take him as a CB great for us.

Northside Jonny
03-09-2010, 12:14 PM
If the steelers take Spoon at 18 I hope they pick up Kareem Jackson , Jerome Murphy or, Nate Allen in the 2nd. Maybee Matt Tennant in the 3rd.