PDA

View Full Version : QB?

ricardisimo
03-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Depending on how things develop in the criminal sphere, it might be time to draft some depth behind Dixon... just saying...

Any third- or fourth-round QBs of interest?

tony hipchest
03-06-2010, 02:26 PM
this is the scenario i think many on this board who are sick of ben would prefer-

trade ben to the browns or cardinals for matt leinart/brady quinn.

select clausen with a 1st pick.

voila... problems solved.

we may not sniff a superbowl for the next 15 years but atleast we wouldnt have to hear other teams fans calling our qb "rapistburger". :rolleyes:

Chidi29
03-06-2010, 02:49 PM
If we take one, it'll be late. Guys like Dixon and St. Pierre were taken in the 5th.

BKAnthem
03-06-2010, 02:58 PM
I like that Kid from West Virginia, he should be around in the 5th

wdsteel
03-06-2010, 04:33 PM
if you want a new QB. trade Ben to the Skins for picks round 1 pick 4 ,round 4 pick 103, S Laron Landry and maybe round 7 pick 215 if thats to not to much.. then we can pick Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen. troy and landry in the backfield..woot!

pete74
03-06-2010, 04:44 PM
i think dixon could be really good. he was great in college and was predicted to go in the 1st before hurting himself. he can throw plus has the breakaway spead to take it home on any play. i wouldnt mind turning back into a running team

SS43Polamalu
03-06-2010, 04:49 PM
You don't just trade your QB after he leads you to two Super Bowl victories. Why would a man worth over 100 Million sexually assault or rape someone? These little twits are in it for the money, it happens every day now, some poor guy gets accused of sexual assault and his life is ruined, even though he really did nothing. They spend YEARS and LOT'S of money trying to prove themselves innocent, and even IF they succeed in doing so, it's still stuck with them for life. I've seen it too many times, and it's absolutely pathetic. IF he for some reason did do it then yes trade him, but you're innocent until proven guilty even though it will be stuck with him for life.

ricardisimo
03-06-2010, 06:41 PM
You don't just trade your QB after he leads you to two Super Bowl victories. Why would a man worth over 100 Million sexually assault or rape someone? These little twits are in it for the money, it happens every day now, some poor guy gets accused of sexual assault and his life is ruined, even though he really did nothing. They spend YEARS and LOT'S of money trying to prove themselves innocent, and even IF they succeed in doing so, it's still stuck with them for life. I've seen it too many times, and it's absolutely pathetic. IF he for some reason did do it then yes trade him, but you're innocent until proven guilty even though it will be stuck with him for life.

What do you think happens more often: a woman being sexually assaulted? Or a woman lying to the police, her family and friends about being sexually assaulted? Where exactly do you come off saying "I've seen it too many times"? How is it that you are so well-placed, so often, to be able to make such a pronouncement? This doesn't speak too well of you, I dare say.

As for Ben, what can I say? It's not like he's my (or your) best friend. I have no idea what he's capable of doing off of the field, and neither do you. What does his money have to do with rape?

So far I like Tony's suggestion the best, although BKAnthem's idea of drafting yet another WVU QB is certainly intriguing, in some bizarre, obsessive-compulsive way. Choices, choices...

SS43Polamalu
03-06-2010, 06:59 PM
What do you think happens more often: a woman being sexually assaulted? Or a woman lying to the police, her family and friends about being sexually assaulted? Where exactly do you come off saying "I've seen it too many times"? How is it that you are so well-placed, so often, to be able to make such a pronouncement? This doesn't speak too well of you, I dare say.

As for Ben, what can I say? It's not like he's my (or your) best friend. I have no idea what he's capable of doing off of the field, and neither do you. What does his money have to do with rape?

So far I like Tony's suggestion the best, although BKAnthem's idea of drafting yet another WVU QB is certainly intriguing, in some bizarre, obsessive-compulsive way. Choices, choices...

Sadly sexual assault does happen all the time, but you would be VERY surprised at how many times the person lies or completely over exaggerates. I have seen it many times, the person will try and blackmail to get money and try to file charges, once the so called assaulter counter charges and takes it to court the "victim" will more often then not drop the charges and it will for the most part be done with. I don't have to be "well-placed", it happens every day in courts, the "victim" ends up dropping all charges because they now have a chance to be exposed as a fraud and liar. I do feel bad for the people that are sexually assaulted but it's hard when you've felt bad for people that say they were, only to find out they lied only for money and to make the other persons life miserable. I know it's hard for you to understand, but until you know or have seen someone lie like that to destroy someone else, you won't know how Ben feels. More often then not when it involves someone rich (like Ben) it's about the money, and they don't care whose life they ruin to get it. Ben has said both cases were untrue, but if he is proven guilty, then yes get him the hell off the team, even kick him out of the league because i wouldn't be able to cheer for a QB that did those things and lied about it.

tony hipchest
03-06-2010, 07:03 PM
So far I like Tony's suggestion the best, although BKAnthem's idea of drafting yet another WVU QB is certainly intriguing, in some bizarre, obsessive-compulsive way. Choices, choices...oops... i slightly misspoke. they would gladly trade quinn/leinart AND their 1st round pick this year for big ben.

but i think you understood thats what i was getting at.

SS43Polamalu
03-06-2010, 07:06 PM
oops... i slightly misspoke. they would gladly trade quinn/leinart AND their 1st round pick this year for big ben.

If he is proven guilty of what he's being accused for, then hell yes i would love either trade, maybe even an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder :wink02:

ricardisimo
03-06-2010, 07:06 PM
oops... i slightly misspoke. they would gladly trade quinn/leinart AND their 1st round pick this year for big ben.

I think you succeeded in making a suggestion that several on these boards would take very seriously, and subsequently burst vessels in their brain cavities. Well done!

tony hipchest
03-06-2010, 07:20 PM
I think you succeeded in making a suggestion that several on these boards would take very seriously, and subsequently burst vessels in their brain cavities. Well done!

oh... im not through yet.

just imagine if we could trade ben and batch to arizona for leinart, st. pierre AND their first rounder (which we would subsequently couple with our own first to get bradford!)

it would be like striking black gold 'n yellow gold! :tt: we would possibly have a 4th string qb who could kick off into the endzones!

MasterOfPuppets
03-06-2010, 07:21 PM
If he is proven guilty of what he's being accused for, then hell yes i would love either trade, maybe even an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder :wink02: well ummmm....if he's proven guilty, somehow i don't think a "trade" is gonna happen. there's that whole pesky prison sentence thing to work around....:chuckle:

SS43Polamalu
03-06-2010, 07:27 PM
well ummmm....if he's proven guilty, somehow i don't think a "trade" is gonna happen. there's that whole pesky prison sentence thing to work around....:chuckle:

Yes but somehow he'll get out of it or it would be minor, and chances are it will be tied up in court for a very long time. So IF the Rooney's believe he could be guilty, then i could see a trade and i wouldn't mind the trade with the Cards. Leinart and a 1st rounder, then possilbly trade down into the late first or early second and take Colt McCoy. Then you have Leinart play a season and let McCoy take over in year two and trade Leinart for a 3rd rounder or something.

SS43Polamalu
03-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I also like the trade with the Skins idea, 1st rounder maybe 4th and Landry. That would be an awesome trade IMO and assuming Rams take Suh you get whatever QB you want.

Set-Man
03-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Ben is truly a franchise q-back and if he is innocent then this would be a waste of an idea. If guilty then this is a possibility as I personally would have a hard time watching him play (after he is out of prison).

Saying that the only q-back worthy in this draft is Clausen. He has the chance to be great. The others are posers in my opinion.

Batch is too old and gets hurt all the time. Dixon is a good second stringer and has the chance to develop if given time. He looked tenative in the Ravens game but still performed well until the interception. I thought he was going to get snapped in half before the game but he proved me wrong. I think they should draft a qback to "develop" if there is one around.

SteelerFanInStl
03-07-2010, 03:34 PM
If he is proven guilty of what he's being accused for, then hell yes i would love either trade, maybe even an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder :wink02:

And what exactly is Ben being accused of? The public doesn't even know yet. All that we know is that it's 'sexual assault'. Do you know how far ranging that is?

SS43Polamalu
03-07-2010, 03:44 PM
And what exactly is Ben being accused of? The public doesn't even know yet. All that we know is that it's 'sexual assault'. Do you know how far ranging that is?

It could be anything from touching her to rape, it doesn't matter, if he is charged for anything then it's a huge distraction to the team and i just wouldn't be able to watch him play for us anymore.

Steely McSmash
03-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Matt Leinart -- are you f'ing kidding?

If we did lose BB to the penal system, I think you'd want to trade for an old vet and bring in another young guy.

Maybe get Leftwich in here and Draft Lefevour in the 2nd.

pete74
03-07-2010, 06:07 PM
It could be anything from touching her to rape, it doesn't matter, if he is charged for anything then it's a huge distraction to the team and i just wouldn't be able to watch him play for us anymore.

sexual assult and rape are 2 different crimes. sexual assult can be numerous things but not penetration

SS43Polamalu
03-07-2010, 06:44 PM
sexual assult and rape are 2 different crimes. sexual assult can be numerous things but not penetration

And in the first case he is being accused of rape.

SteelerFanInStl
03-07-2010, 07:21 PM
And in the first case he is being accused of rape.

That's a CIVIL suit that was filed a year after the supposed action with absolutely no evidence. We're not talking about that here. In this situation, there was no rape. That's already been said by the police. Sexual assault could be a wide variety of actions, many of which, while wrong, I certainly wouldn't call for Ben to be sent packing over.

supa_fly_steeler
03-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Let's trade for Peyton Manning

SS43Polamalu
03-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Let's trade for Peyton Manning

lmao no thanks, i hate Peyton with a passion, don't know why but i just do.

ricardisimo
03-08-2010, 12:51 AM

Tom Brady it is, then. It's settled.

taztroy43
03-08-2010, 12:56 AM

Everyone hates on the man because he's good and @ time unstoppable.....a guy who you should really hate is Tom Brady....this guy is a freakin drama queen!!!! He bitches about any little contact below his waist and the refs give him the calls because he's Tom Brady....I bet you a lot of Defensive Guys in the NFL really dislike Brady!!!.....Honestly Peyton takes hits like a man and he rarely bitches about them!!! Tom Brady is a cheating little drama queen and I hate his little attitude and well just about everything about this pre maddona!!!!! He only won 3 SB because he had a great team on both sides of the ball and of course by CHEATING!!!!!!

taztroy43
03-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Yes but somehow he'll get out of it or it would be minor, and chances are it will be tied up in court for a very long time. So IF the Rooney's believe he could be guilty, then i could see a trade and i wouldn't mind the trade with the Cards. Leinart and a 1st rounder, then possilbly trade down into the late first or early second and take Colt McCoy. Then you have Leinart play a season and let McCoy take over in year two and trade Leinart for a 3rd rounder or something.

I wouldn't want Leinart as a Steeler QB because with our line he will get killed in the pocket!!! whats the guy going to do scramble and make plays like BIG BEN...I really don't think so :chuckle:....but anyways I would like to draft a QB in this draft if the Steelers were to trade him(if they can get a trade for him)......With this scenario bring Charlie Batch back and let Dixon play for a whole year....then next draft trade up for QB Jake Locker....this guy is like the second coming of Big Ben/John Elway....the dude is a Tim Tebow type, that actually has very good mechanics!!! Locker would of been the #1 overall pick this draft if he would of came out this year!!!!! So I would probably wait to trade Big Ben until next draft simply to draft Jake Locker!....After all he might get suspended for the whole season and maybe face some jail time IF he's found guilty!!!! I hope he isn't for the sake of the Pittsburgh Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!