PDA

View Full Version : Dawan Edwards?

Chidi29
03-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Anyone else like the idea? He's got the size to play end and our depth is pretty poor with both Eason and Kirschke hitting the market. We could see more of a rotation at end with Aaron and Kiesel getting older in addition to my concerns about Smith's health, age, and money he's due.

Prok
03-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Never heard of him either. But if he's an upgrade over what we currently have i'm all for it.

:tt:

Chidi29
03-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Shoot, I spelled his name wrong. Could a mod please change it to Dwan Edwards?

Thanks.

Chidi29
03-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Should really try to bring Eason back he has been solid when hes in.

I thought Eason was just ok this year. Looked a lot slower than he did two years ago.

Kirschke was a lot better than I thought he would be filling in for Aaron but his back problems and age has to be a big concern for us.

Psyychoward86
03-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I was thinking Justin Bannan as a possibility, but i like this Dwan Edwards guy a lot better. Younger, cheaper, and potentially better.

Prok
03-06-2010, 05:45 PM
I thought the Ma'ake Kemoeatu (sp?) guy might be a good fit as well. Not sure about his injury though and what kind of $$ he wants. He'd be a pretty good NT to give Casey breaks imo.

Chidi29
03-06-2010, 07:21 PM
I was thinking Justin Bannan as a possibility, but i like this Dwan Edwards guy a lot better. Younger, cheaper, and potentially better.

I think Bannan signed with Denver.

Chidi29
03-06-2010, 07:22 PM
I thought the Ma'ake Kemoeatu (sp?) guy might be a good fit as well. Not sure about his injury though and what kind of $$ he wants. He'd be a pretty good NT to give Casey breaks imo.

Injury does sound really serious though. Doesn't seem like he'll ever be the dominant player he once was.

Psyychoward86
03-06-2010, 08:31 PM

he's got plenty of size, but has never played in a 3-4. And yeah, the injury is the only explanation for why the panthers released one of their best defensive players.

Prok
03-06-2010, 08:37 PM
he's got plenty of size, but has never played in a 3-4. And yeah, the injury is the only explanation for why the panthers released one of their best defensive players.

Not so much worried about the 4-3 to 3-4 switch as I am his injury. If we could get him he'd have the luxury of being able to fully heal then work his way into our rotation hopefully.

Kris Jenkins seemed to transition pretty easily to the 3-4. This kid could just as easily imo.