PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Drunk and Go Feed the Bears!

GBMelBlount
03-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Bear Bites Woman's Fingers Off at Wisconsin Zoo
Updated: 1 hour 9 minutes ago
Print Text Size
E-mail More
AP

MANITOWOC, Wis. (March 6) -- Police say a bear bit off a woman's fingers at a Wisconsin zoo after she ignored barriers and warning signs to try to feed the animal.

The Lincoln Park Zoo in Manitowoc closed after the incident Friday morning. Police say the 47-year-old woman lost a thumb and a forefinger, and two other fingers were partially severed.

The woman's boyfriend was bitten as he tried to pry the bear's mouth off her hand, but he didn't lose any fingers. Her 3-year-old granddaughter wasn't injured.

A mayor's office statement says alcohol played a factor.

It's unclear which of two Asiatic black bears bit the women when she put her hand through their enclosure's fence. Police tell the Herald Times Reporter the bears likely won't be euthanized.

Manitowoc is about 80 miles north of Milwaukee.
Filed under: Nation

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/bear-bites-womans-fingers-off-at-lincoln-park-zoo-in-manitowoc-wisconsin/19386113

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 07:08 PM
That's what happens when u dont read the signs

HometownGal
03-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I can't stomach drunks - particularly those who imbibe with children in their presence. :mad:

What did the moron think the bear was going to do when she put her fingers in its cage - lick 'em? :banging:

GBMelBlount
03-06-2010, 07:15 PM
That's what happens when u dont read the signs

Apparently humans aren't the only ones who like finger food.

Shea
03-06-2010, 07:44 PM
I can't stomach drunks - particularly those who imbibe with children in their presence. :mad:

What did the moron think the bear was going to do when she put her fingers in its cage - lick 'em? :banging:

Me thinks this has more to do with stupidity than alcohol.

Personally, I could drink from sun up until sun down and still would know not to put any part of my body near a bear's cage.

What a dumbass. :dang:

Police tell the Herald Times Reporter the bears likely won't be euthanized.

:sofunny: Of course they won't be.

Hopefully, they might consider otherwise for her. :hide:

GBMelBlount
03-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Police tell the Herald Times Reporter the bears likely won't be euthanized.

:sofunny: Of course they won't be.

That is what I thought was amazing. They said "LIKELY won't be euthanized."

They put these bears in captivity, put up signs to warn people NOT to feed the bears because it's dangerous....

and now they act as though there is actually a chance they might euthanize the bears as though it was their fault for doing what comes naturally?...

I bet she was feeding them honey with her bare hands.

supa_fly_steeler
03-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Apparently humans aren't the only ones who like finger food.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2136/2260695642_2264c40335.jpg?v=0

http://static.desktopnexus.com/wallpapers/7759-bigthumbnail.jpg

:chuckle:

Galax Steeler
03-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Me thinks this has more to do with stupidity than alcohol.

Personally, I could drink from sun up until sun down and still would know not to put any part of my body near a bear's cage.

Exactly, I don't care how drunk you get you still have some common sense about you.

Indo
03-07-2010, 11:36 AM
The only one that should be euthanized is the lady---She's so stupid that I'm pretty sure that we don't want that gene pool to be passed on...

There is a book (can't remember the title of it) that is about stupid ways in which people died at Yellowstone National Park. Apparently there was this one genius who decided that it would be really cool to hold his three year old son on the back of a Bison while his wife took a photo.

Now, if you have never seen a Bison up close, just let me remind you that they are 2500+ lbs of MEAN! Sure, they look all fluffy and cuddly. But they ARE NOT!

So this Bison with the 3 yr old passenger does what Bisons do----he bucks, the child goes flying, and then he (the Bison) slams his granite-hard skull and horns into the chest of the dumbas....um....dad.

Dad apparently smashed against a tree twenty feet off of the ground (by all estimates he was dead long before his carcass hit the tree).

The only good thing in the story was that the child was not injured in any way.

When will people learn that Bears, Bison, Orcas, etc are not to be effed with?

supa_fly_steeler
03-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Exactly, I don't care how drunk you get you still have some common sense about you.

That's true why would u stick your fingers in the fence.... idiots... it's like

sticking your hand out the cage with a bloody fish in the sea with great whites.

MACH1
03-07-2010, 12:08 PM
The only one that should be euthanized is the lady---She's so stupid that I'm pretty sure that we don't want that gene pool to be passed on...

There is a book (can't remember the title of it) that is about stupid ways in which people died at Yellowstone National Park. Apparently there was this one genius who decided that it would be really cool to hold his three year old son on the back of a Bison while his wife took a photo.

Now, if you have never seen a Bison up close, just let me remind you that they are 2500+ lbs of MEAN! Sure, they look all fluffy and cuddly. But they ARE NOT!

So this Bison with the 3 yr old passenger does what Bisons do----he bucks, the child goes flying, and then he (the Bison) slams his granite-hard skull and horns into the chest of the dumbas....um....dad.

Dad apparently smashed against a tree twenty feet off of the ground (by all estimates he was dead long before his carcass hit the tree).

The only good thing in the story was that the child was not injured in any way.

When will people learn that Bears, Bison, Orcas, etc are not to be effed with?

Ask this question, which animal of the three is credited with more deaths and injuries every year? That's right, buffalo.
Ever gone to Yellowstone and seen the idiots that get to close to take pictures of buffalo. Just remember they can run faster, farther and longer than a thoroughbred race horse, and they have a mean nasty attitude to go with it.

fansince'76
03-07-2010, 07:22 PM

Yup, yup.

PNvTHOrTf_Y

GBMelBlount
03-07-2010, 07:33 PM
...and let's not forget about the chihuahas...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k7wzFaT_M9Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k7wzFaT_M9Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 09:15 AM
...and let's not forget about the chihuahas...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k7wzFaT_M9Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k7wzFaT_M9Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

lol rats.

wow that man gets owned by that buffalo thingy lol

Indo
03-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Yup, yup.

PNvTHOrTf_Y

The guy is lucky to be alive!

I was at Yellowsone about 8 years ago visiting some friends that live in Gardner Montana (where the North entrance to the park is). We came across some Bison near a road (like the guy in the video) and I got out to take some photos. We were about 25-30 ft away from them. I stayed on the far side of the car (keeping the car between me and the Bison at all times) and my friend said, "Whatever you do, don't go around the car". I listened. The Bison came a little closer (maybe 15-18 ft away) and he said, "Picture time is over. Get in the car". I listened again, and we drove away. When we got to the house he showed me the book I was talking about above.

And yes, Mach I is right---more deaths by Bison than all other animals combined (that includes grizzlies, mountain lions, wolves, coyotes, elk ) at Yellowstone.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-08-2010, 02:19 PM
See....I should consider myself lucky that I just get "frisky" when I drink. Never really had the desire to go "bear tipping".

NJarhead
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Here endeth a lesson.

Well....at least the bear wasn't hurt. :noidea:

She should be made to give the zoo a $250.00 to $500.00 "donation."

NJarhead
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
See....I should consider myself lucky that I just get "frisky" when I drink. Never really had the desire to go "bear tipping".

:rofl:

"Bear Tipping." That's hysterical LLT.

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Whow there is some stupid people in the world. As if signs wern't enough.