PDA

View Full Version : Parker to make first FA visit...

7willBheaven
03-06-2010, 08:33 PM
"Adam_Schefter

More veteran running back news filed to ESPN: Steelers free-agent RB Willie Parker is scheduled Monday to visit the Redskins."

He might actually get some playing time there since all they have is Portis I think...and he's falling apart nowadays. And its good to see the Skins may have changed their approach at throwing a ton of money to big FAs.

HometownGal
03-06-2010, 08:48 PM
"Adam_Schefter

More veteran running back news filed to ESPN: Steelers free-agent RB Willie Parker is scheduled Monday to visit the Redskins."

He might actually get some playing time there since all they have is Portis I think...and he's falling apart nowadays. And its good to see the Skins may have changed their approach at throwing a ton of money to big FAs.

You're right - Portis has been having a rough time as of late and I think the Skins may be a good fit for Willie. The only downside is that he'd have to deal with that spoiled butterhead Snyder and I wouldn't wish that egomaniacal control freak on anyone. :horror:

MasterOfPuppets
03-06-2010, 08:52 PM
i'm suprised portis hasn't announced his retirement yet. he's already mentioned leaning in that direction, plus with the hiring of shanny it should be inevitable.

Galax Steeler
03-07-2010, 07:36 AM
If he signs there then Snyder will have two injury prone players in Portis and Parker.

7willBheaven
03-07-2010, 01:54 PM
If he signs there then Snyder will have two injury prone players in Portis and Parker.

I dont know about that....I think Parker is actually healthy now...towards the end of the season he looked pretty good again. But who knows.

pete74
03-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I dont know about that....I think Parker is actually healthy now...towards the end of the season he looked pretty good again. But who knows.

even if he is healthy the fact still remains that he is injury prone just like portis

7willBheaven
03-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Right now I would still take Willie over Portis. Their injury histories... Besides missing one game in his 2nd year Willie broke his leg in 07 (IR'd), missed 5 games in 08 with a knee injury and then missed a handful of games with turf toe in 09. Portis dislocated shoulder (06..but had nagging injuries all yr) and broke his hand in 06 or 07 and was IR'd...08 had various nagging injuries all year...and in 09 was put on IR due to a concussion (this is the big thing here...concussions are serious as we all know).

Yes willie had the broken leg and turf toe and both have had some nagging injuries the last few years...however at the end of 09 Willie looked good and ran hard...Portis was sitting on IR due to concussion...and who knows how he's doing now. I would rather take someone who looked good and was running hard than someone who wasnt playing at all...and may not be the same again due to a concussion.

Either way you should definitely have a good #2 RB behind him to spell Parker every so often...hell same with Portis but still.

tony hipchest
03-07-2010, 04:10 PM
has everyone forgot about ladell betts?

7willBheaven
03-07-2010, 04:17 PM
has everyone forgot about ladell betts?

The Skins released him.

tony hipchest
03-07-2010, 04:18 PM
The Skins released him.

:jawdrop:

welcome to the steelers, mr. betts.

steelreserve
03-07-2010, 06:05 PM
even if he is healthy the fact still remains that he is injury prone just like portis

And the fact that unlike Portis, even if he is healthy, he still sucks.

Psyychoward86
03-07-2010, 06:08 PM
And the fact that unlike Portis, even if he is healthy, he still sucks.

haha

CargoJon
03-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Willie might do OK in Washington. Shanahan has been known to make water-cooler boys into 1000 yard rushers.

dave n'at
03-08-2010, 05:13 AM
Willie might do OK in Washington. Shanahan has been known to make water-cooler boys into 1000 yard rushers.

hadnt thought of this but thats a really good point. Willie could shine in Mike Shanahans scheme.I also agree that he started to look better towards the end of last year... At any rate, even though hes been injured and his production has fell way off in the past few years, he still contributed a lot to the success we've had the past 5 years and i hope he does great wherever he goes.

just not against us.:wink02:

truesteelerfan
03-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm one of the few Willie supporters is seems like reading these boards. He was our 2nd best back last season....we don't have anyone on our roster currently that will fill his shoes, we need to find someone in the draft, but with a young stud 1st on the depth chart, we're not going to draft someone high, its going to be a mid rounder, which I'm not sure will be any better than Willie was-but he will probably be cheaper, and I guess we can't pay everybody.

tube517
03-08-2010, 11:50 AM
If you thinkg the Steelers OL sucks, the Redskins OL is a nightmare. Parker's career will be shortened even more.

fansince'76
03-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm one of the few Willie supporters is seems like reading these boards. He was our 2nd best back last season....we don't have anyone on our roster currently that will fill his shoes, we need to find someone in the draft, but with a young stud 1st on the depth chart, we're not going to draft someone high, its going to be a mid rounder, which I'm not sure will be any better than Willie was-but he will probably be cheaper, and I guess we can't pay everybody.

We still have the suddenness and glide of Redman to fall back on! :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-08-2010, 12:11 PM
We still have the suddenness and glide of Redman to fall back on! :chuckle:

:rofl: So true.

I dont understand the "sky is falling" mentality of some, when all we need is a complimentary back to Mendenhall. Moore is still on the roster and a number of backs in the draft like Ben Tate, Antonio Dixon, LeGarret Blount, Pat Paschall, Joique Bell, Stafon Johnson......will do the job in the 3rd round or later.

SteelersMongol
03-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I think I heard somewhere they've released Porter, so maybe Parker could B their guy. The man still has a lot in his tank.

Psyychoward86
03-08-2010, 10:17 PM
The 'Skins released Mason, one of their RB's. Parker to the redskins is looking more and more likely...