PDA

View Full Version : Richard Marshall

SteelerNation12
03-06-2010, 09:42 PM
2nd round tender and well worth it.
He is one of the most underrated CBs in the league. I have a feeling, he could be Pro Bowl like on this D. Would fill a need and let us go elsewhere with our first, since Haden likely won't fall to us.

SS43Polamalu
03-06-2010, 09:46 PM
2nd round tender and well worth it.
He is one of the most underrated CBs in the league. I have a feeling, he could be Pro Bowl like on this D. Would fill a need and let us go elsewhere with our first, since Haden likely won't fall to us.

I agree, he's a good CB and if we were going to select one in the second anyways, well why not pick this guy up. He's still young and under our D he could become, like you said, a Pro Bowl CB.

pete74
03-07-2010, 05:15 AM
i would do it in a second if i was the gm. he is 25 and a really good corner for the panthers. he is much better then anyone on our team. we wasted a 2nd round pick on sweed so why rish it on another corner if you have the chance to grab one that is established already

Galax Steeler
03-07-2010, 06:42 AM
I would love to nab a corner either in the draft or free agency. We really do suck at this position and it really needs to be addressed.

supa_fly_steeler
03-07-2010, 09:11 AM
He is going to be a great Cornerback. He's been one of the few consistencies of the Panthers.

PittdaBurgh56
03-07-2010, 11:02 AM
I would love to get him for a second round pick. Some might say this draft is really good and teams dont wanna get rid of picks but you pick up a guy for a 2nd round pick that has aleady proved he can play in this league.
The steelers could also very well trade back in the first which would give us a 3rd pick from another team.

If that all happen get marshall to start right away.
Lose our second
Trade back in first to get a an extra 3rd
It would allow us to add youth and depth to our team and not have to worry about the cornerback positino at all cause you have the 2 starters in Taylor and Marshall then back ups in Lewis and Burnett. It would allow us to focus on linebacker safety dline oline.

supa_fly_steeler
03-07-2010, 11:11 AM
I doubt the Panthers will want to give him up though.

taztroy43
03-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I doubt the Panthers will want to give him up though.

I wouldn't be opposed of picking up this guy @ all....he is very underrated and he has the potential of being a pro bowler in our D.....but right now the Steelers are trying to sing FA CB Leigh Bodden!!! So idk if this will happen....:noidea:

supa_fly_steeler
03-07-2010, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't be opposed of picking up this guy @ all....he is very underrated and he has the potential of being a pro bowler in our D.....but right now the Steelers are trying to sing FA CB Leigh Bodden!!! So idk if this will happen....:noidea:

Leigh Boddens a waste would much rather have Marshall... Plus the Texans are about to sign him lol.

PittdaBurgh56
03-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Anyone know if any or what teams are looking to sign him? Any rumors yet?

pete74
03-07-2010, 06:10 PM
there isnt much news since he is restricted but i gurentee there are teams considering him. i would do it in a second if i was the gm. he is already established corner so there is not a risk like in the draft

taztroy43
03-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Leigh Boddens a waste would much rather have Marshall... Plus the Texans are about to sign him lol.

Of course I would rather have Marshall as well but I haven't heard any interest from the Steelers toward Marshall....what I have heard is that they were trying to acquire Bodden but like you mentioned he will probably be a Texan!!! :noidea:

jollyrob68
03-08-2010, 02:25 PM
The Steelers could always make a call and see what the trade value is for him and not the restricted tender.
If the Trade Colon to Oakland for a second & Kirk Morrison they can then use that 2nd or their second on Marshall.

SteelerNation12
03-08-2010, 03:39 PM
The Steelers could always make a call and see what the trade value is for him and not the restricted tender.
If the Trade Colon to Oakland for a second & Kirk Morrison they can then use that 2nd or their second on Marshall.
Raiders would never do that. Colon isnt worth a pro bowl caliber LB and a 2nd rounder. Maybe if Colon ran a 4.4 40.

steelerdude15
03-08-2010, 03:47 PM
He seems to be a really good CB, if we got him, that would be awesome. He could be a solid CB for us and could help fill a huge void. I'm excited to see where he's going to go.

steelerdude15
03-08-2010, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOMwk7tMsYc
Video kinda sucks, but he looks solid.

Northside Jonny
03-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Is there any news to report on Richard Marshall?

supa_fly_steeler
03-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Is there any news to report on Richard Marshall?

why would there be he's staying with the Panthers..

jollyrob68
03-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Raiders would never do that. Colon isnt worth a pro bowl caliber LB and a 2nd rounder. Maybe if Colon ran a 4.4 40.

The RAiders need a lineman and the tendered Kirk Morrison's bench warmer higher than him. According to the experts it seems he's on the trading block and they only want a 3rd. The Steelers tendered Colon a 1st. They can Negotiate for a 2nd and kirk or 2nd & 3rd or 2nd & 4th.

Northside Jonny
03-09-2010, 11:04 AM
why would there be he's staying with the Panthers..

Well thats all I wanted to know . Thank you

supa_fly_steeler
03-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Well thats all I wanted to know . Thank you

No Problem. I doubt teams would want give up 2nd rounders in this draft. The Cowboys are trying to trade down the draft but nobody will pretty much traded down or up at this point since this class is so deep. I'm sure you can find a top Cornerback or Defensive Lineman in the 3-5th round this draft. Dallas Cryboys cant get what they always want money ca only get you somethings lol jerry jones rat