PDA

View Full Version : 82nd Annual Academy Awards Thread

supa_fly_steeler
03-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Who do you guys think will get best movie?

I think Hurt Locker was a seriously good film.

MACH1
03-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Rats ass comes to mind. :coffee:

supa_fly_steeler
03-07-2010, 12:07 PM
I thought Americans were high on the film awards. Lol

MACH1
03-07-2010, 12:11 PM
I thought Americans were high on the film awards. Lol

I don't speak for all, just me. I couldn't really give a rats ass who wins what at those things. :noidea:

stillers4me
03-07-2010, 12:28 PM
When a film wins an Academy Award, I avoid it like the plague.

SteelCityMom
03-07-2010, 12:28 PM
I don't speak for all, just me. I couldn't really give a rats ass who wins what at those things. :noidea:

Same here...I honestly stopped watching all awards shows when Crying Game won for best picture. That's when I knew it was all a sham.

I like too much off the wall and nerdy stuff that would never make it to a huge awards show anyway to make watching 3-4 hours of sack licking worth it.

Vincent
03-07-2010, 12:31 PM
I didn't see Gandhi, but I loved it.

supa_fly_steeler
03-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Let's go Hurt Locker

Shea
03-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Didn't watch the Oscar's but now comes Barbara with her post Oscar special.

Guys ...... if you were a tree what tree would you be?

tony hipchest
03-07-2010, 11:22 PM
vincent called this one several months ago-

christopher waltz = best supporting actor- inglorius basterds

very much a deserved award. calling him the best supporting actor is almost an insult. im pretty sure he had the most screen time in the film (but what can one expect when they are in a movie with brad pitt?).

OneForTheToe
03-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Same here...I honestly stopped watching all awards shows when Crying Game won for best picture. That's when I knew it was all a sham.

I like too much off the wall and nerdy stuff that would never make it to a huge awards show anyway to make watching 3-4 hours of sack licking worth it.

I used to watch. but now I could care less.

For me it was when Shakespeare in Love (SIL) beat out Saving Private Ryan for best picture. IMO, a complete travesty. Maybe I am wrong, but I can't shake the feeling that many of the Hollywood voters just couldn't bring themselves to vote for a movie that honored the sacrifice of military men. I've seen both pictures (Saving Private Ryan again tonight) and it amazes me that anyone could think SIL is the better film. Maybe things have changed a bit the last few years? There have been a number of very good movies about our military and their sacrifices that have been better received in Hollywood, but I am still not sure.

steelreserve
03-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Meh, the Oscars suck, but Hurt Locker was a good movie, so I'm glad to see it win some awards.

:rofl: A funny way of putting it, but also hilariously accurate.

Honestly, about the only thing that could make me interested in watching the Oscars is if they added a category for Best Cheap Zombie Film.

OneForTheToe
03-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Meh, the Oscars suck, but Hurt Locker was a good movie, so I'm glad to see it win some awards.

:rofl: A funny way of putting it, but also hilariously accurate.

Honestly, about the only thing that could make me interested in watching the Oscars is if they added a category for Best Cheap Zombie Film.

Or, best nude scene by an actress convinced by a sleazy director that it would further her career.:wink02:

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 11:01 AM
I thought yesterday the Oscars wasn't boring for the first time.

I bet that female director when she was in her early 20's was hot. lol