PDA

View Full Version : We need Ryan Clark

wootawnee
03-08-2010, 05:04 AM
With A.Boldin going to the Ravens, and maybe T.O.going to the bungles, we need a super hard hitting safety to hammer these physical receivers or we are done.....

Pull out the check book Artty and write Ryan a bonus check..........

sackmaster56
03-08-2010, 07:46 AM
I have always wished the Steelers would be just maybe a little active in free agency but year after year they never really are and they end up competing for the the division. Maybe they will pull a rabbit out of a hat on draft day again to help out the secondary.

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Too late...

ETL
03-08-2010, 08:28 AM
We need a better cover safety. If you want just a hard hitting player then make Timmons play safety.

skinart82
03-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Trade down and get Eric Berry, anybody see him knock tebow out cold! They traded down to get Troy and that would make Pittsburgh's secondary vicious.

Steel_Bus_24
03-08-2010, 09:17 AM
what did we give up for Troy again????????

and would it get us Berry?????????

an should we??

skinart82
03-08-2010, 09:19 AM
I think Berry Or Earl Thomas would be worth it.

xbroughneck
03-08-2010, 09:25 AM
I think Berry Or Earl Thomas would be worth it.

Berry won't get past the sixth pick, so I don't see how the Steelers could get him.

Earl Thomas though...I'd move up 4 spots to get him.

Ryan Clark is as good as gone right now so the Steelers have to figure out how they are going to replace him.

If they want a hard hitting safety they probably should convert Troy to the FS spot, which would extend his career, and maybe draft Taylor Mays to be their future SS (run stopper, blitzer) and hope they can help train him to move his feet. Maybe get him to lose 10 lbs.

I don't know what the Steelers have planned right now, but based on the way they handled Ryan, they already have plans for their secondary and he's not included in those plans.

If he was...they would have offered him something.

Bye Ryan.

skinart82
03-08-2010, 09:29 AM
I deff think that they want there first pick to be for the secondary. Never know what could happen, maybe they will finally surprise us and do something out of the norm.

truesteelerfan
03-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Do ya'll really think a rookie, or Mundy will be better for us than Clark. Especially those people who have commented that Ryan is a below average safety? I see maybe Ed Reed better, but when Ryan had to cover his position, and make up for Carter's being out of place last season, Ryan was exposed as having flaws, but once Troy is back there again, we will have a good combo that should hopefully get us back to our #1 pass defense. Troy is that good, he can make an average Ryan better, but with a rookie, or Mundy back there, our secondary will be worse than it was last year, and Troy won't be able to be Troy as much because he'll have to worry about making sure his safety partner is in position. I thought we should have done with Clark what we did with Snack, offer him a couple of years, draft his replacement to be tutored. Not resigning Clark made our team worse.

steelerdude15
03-08-2010, 09:35 AM
I believe Ryan's time in Pittsburgh is over. Ryan is an average FS at best and now that the AFC North is getting tougher, we need to start thinking of the future and build a failing system, our DBs. Ike is pretty good corner at times, and Polamalu is the glue for them. Gay needs to go and Ryan has helped, but is average at best.

truesteelerfan
03-08-2010, 10:06 AM
I believe Ryan's time in Pittsburgh is over. Ryan is an average FS at best and now that the AFC North is getting tougher, we need to start thinking of the future and build a failing system, our DBs. Ike is pretty good corner at times, and Polamalu is the glue for them. Gay needs to go and Ryan has helped, but is average at best.

I agree, but am saddended that Ryan's time with us may be over. But saying we need to start thinking about the future sounds like you're ready to begin a rebulding phase.....We're not there yet IMO....I just didn't think it was a good idea to make one of our worst units (our secondary) worse yet by letting a key part leave. To me if we want to immediately improve our secondary, first thing we need to do is upgrade Gay's spot.

xbroughneck
03-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Do ya'll really think a rookie, or Mundy will be better for us than Clark. Especially those people who have commented that Ryan is a below average safety? I see maybe Ed Reed better, but when Ryan had to cover his position, and make up for Carter's being out of place last season, Ryan was exposed as having flaws, but once Troy is back there again, we will have a good combo that should hopefully get us back to our #1 pass defense. Troy is that good, he can make an average Ryan better, but with a rookie, or Mundy back there, our secondary will be worse than it was last year, and Troy won't be able to be Troy as much because he'll have to worry about making sure his safety partner is in position. I thought we should have done with Clark what we did with Snack, offer him a couple of years, draft his replacement to be tutored. Not resigning Clark made our team worse.

Doesn't matter. He's gone. (pretty much)

Best case scenario would have had Ryan back for about 4.5 per year. The Steelers didn't even OFFER him anything, so he's not coming back.

Time to figure out how we fix the secondary without him.

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 10:17 AM
I don't know what the Steelers have planned right now, but based on the way they handled Ryan, they already have plans for their secondary and he's not included in those plans.

lol.

I would place a Rookie and Keenan Lewis in at Free Safety alternating series as the season goes on....

sackmaster56
03-08-2010, 10:35 AM
you would think this would be a priority but if there is a speed back available thats high on their board I dont think Colbert and Tomlin would hestitate on that and look later for a db.

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 10:40 AM
you would think this would be a priority but if there is a speed back available thats high on their board I dont think Colbert and Tomlin would hestitate on that and look later for a db.

Why would we want a speed back when we can get someone like joe mcknight in the 4th

pete74
03-08-2010, 11:03 AM
i want clark but if we cant resign him we need to get someone to play DB for us. im sick of watching all the teams in our division get better while we get worse. we need to break tradition and go after some players that can help our defense. i mean seriously, who is going to cover boldin when we play the ravens twice this year. if the bengals sign TO i dont see us covering him and CJ.

sackmaster56
03-08-2010, 01:40 PM
we need another back because fast willie is pretty much gone, moore is old and medenhall cant go every down. steelers need a turn the corner break away threat. just like the bus and fast willie used to be..

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-08-2010, 01:51 PM
we need another back because fast willie is pretty much gone, moore is old and medenhall cant go every down. steelers need a turn the corner break away threat. just like the bus and fast willie used to be..

Parker and Mewelde Moore are basically the same age. Moore doesnt have to worry about losing speed, because it was never his game.

Mendenhall ran a 4.45 at the combine and was a successful track athlete in highschool. He is the "speed back" that you talk of.

Steelers will select a RB in mid rounds and there are a dozen guys that can be a complimentary back to Mendenhall, but they may likely be behind Mewelde Moore on the depth chart. More likely, they will pick a safety in the top 2 picks to challenge for the FS spot with Allen in training camp.

SteelMember
03-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Hasta la bye, bye Clark. :wave:

It's been fun, and good luck.

7willBheaven
03-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Trade down and get Eric Berry, anybody see him knock tebow out cold! They traded down to get Troy and that would make Pittsburgh's secondary vicious.

Why would we trade down to get Berry when he'll probably go in the top 5....going down doesnt make sense. And they traded UP to get Troy not down.

truesteelerfan
03-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Looks like the FO agreed....Resigned him. Horray!

SteelMember
03-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Hasta la bye, bye Clark. :wave:

It's been fun, and good luck.

Hmmm.

There just might be something to this reverse psychology stuff. :wink02:

HometownGal
03-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Now that Clark has been given a contract by the Steelers, this thread is now moot.