PDA

View Full Version : Should Steelers Go After Jared Gaither?

steelerdave1969
03-08-2010, 10:39 AM
The NFL has an opportunity to acquire a proven OT of the Ravens by the name of Jared Gaither. The Steelers would give up a 18th overall draft pick for him, but is there anyone in the upcoming draft that has already proven that they can get the job done in the NFL? I didnt think so. I think this would be well worth the giving up a 18th overall draft pick to get a proven player and at a position that the Steelers defenitely needs help at.
What Ya'll Think?

truesteelerfan
03-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I feel that our Defense is the place we need to spend that #18 pick. And according to the coaches (somehow)....we have 2 of the best tackles in the league.......

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 10:52 AM
No it's stupid giving up our first round pick when we need it.

7willBheaven
03-08-2010, 12:03 PM
No...no and no.

Prok
03-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Couldn't get past the first sentence. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh that damn headache is backkkkkkkkkkkkk !!

:banging:

Ravnet
03-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I highly, highly, highly doubt the Ravens would give up a young, impressive offensive lineman who knows Baltimore's playbook inside-and-out to their stiffest competition.

For what it's worth, I don't think the Steelers would be too anxious about giving their biggest rival an additional first round draft pick, especially considering the Ravens' track record in the draft, and their own success to boot.

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 04:04 PM
I highly, highly, highly doubt the Ravens would give up a young, impressive offensive lineman who knows Baltimore's playbook inside-and-out to their stiffest competition.

For what it's worth, I don't think the Steelers would be too anxious about giving their biggest rival an additional first round draft pick, especially considering the Ravens' track record in the draft, and their own success to boot.

This.

It was a stupid thread.

Yes let's just gift wrap a first round selection to our biggest rivals and threat to the division.

tony hipchest
03-08-2010, 06:13 PM

This.

It was a stupid thread.

Yes let's just gift wrap a first round selection to our biggest rivals and threat to the division.

he is a mountain and the ravens are set at tackle. there is no use in letting a 23 year old with 28 career starts rot on the bench.

personally i never understood why we didnt give up a 4th for him in the supplimental draft.

also, the ravens dont necessarily have control where he goes. they placed a first round tender on him, which means that if the steelers make an offer, they can either match the offer, or decline it and accept the compensation.

pete74
03-08-2010, 06:18 PM
i would love to have him on our team but as well as thre ravens draft i would be scared to give them another 1st rounder

Prok
03-08-2010, 06:48 PM
I was thinking of making another poll. I won't do it until I get feedback from my fellow Steelers fans here, though. OK ??

Poll topic: Should SteelerDave either make his font bold or make it a normal size??

1: YES

2: no

3: Let's lynch him !!

Thoughts ??

:flap:

Psyychoward86
03-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Give Ozzie Newsome another 1st round draft pick to play with?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thank youuuuuu

It's not so much about what we would lose in this trade, but what the Ravens would gain. Everyone who would even consider this obviously heavily underestimates Ozzie Newsome's ability to draft amazing talent. He is one of the best, if not THE best GM in the NFL.

steelerdave1969
03-08-2010, 08:13 PM
No it's stupid giving up our first round pick when we need it.

So, what your saying is .. is that Gaither is not worth a 1st Round Pick, even if he has already proven NFL Ready?.. thats a joke

Psyychoward86
03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
So, what your saying is .. is that Gaither is not worth a 1st Round Pick, even if he has already proven NFL Ready?.. thats a joke

Giving Ozzie Newsome a 1st round pick.

That's no laughing matter. Especially for us.

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Lol 1

steelerchad
03-08-2010, 10:10 PM
he is a mountain and the ravens are set at tackle. there is no use in letting a 23 year old with 28 career starts rot on the bench.

personally i never understood why we didnt give up a 4th for him in the supplimental draft.

also, the ravens dont necessarily have control where he goes. they placed a first round tender on him, which means that if the steelers make an offer, they can either match the offer, or decline it and accept the compensation.

That's what I'm talking about. I remember when he was available a couple years ago for a 3rd or 4th in the supplemental draft. It seemed like a no brainer then but we passed and the Ravens snagged him. I thought it was a 3rd, but either way he's worth more than that.
I don't know if I'd give up #18, but he's good enough to consider it. The Steelers have done a wonderful job with their 1st round picks this decade, so I'd probably want them to use the pick to find their next star. But the draft is still a lottery chance and they all don't pan out. Gaither would likely be a solid starter for 10 years.

Galax Steeler
03-09-2010, 05:28 AM
I am going to say no like other people stated Baltimore don't need that first round pick.