PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Bettis as the Feature Back

steelcityjameser
02-04-2006, 12:05 PM
this may have been discussed before but i was wondering what the thoughts were on the Bus as the feature back toworrow. and if he is what do you think Willie's role will include. i figure they will be a good contrast in styles as usual. with the Bus not needing to conserve himself for any reason they could really open up his useage. does he have the endurance, though, for a full game or will we save him for the second half? personally i think we need to keep doing what we have been which is use him situationally in the first half and put the smack down in the second(if things go according to plan).

Here We Go Steelers!

Brady12
02-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Know what I would really love to see? Either:

A) Lebeau puts Bettis at MLB for a few plays, and Bettis runs over 2 lineman, and sacks Hasselbeck.

B) Bettis line up at Wide Reciever, and catches a screen, and breaks 6 tackles to score a TD.

Livinginthe past
02-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Know what I would really love to see? Either:

A) Lebeau puts Bettis at MLB for a few plays, and Bettis runs over 2 lineman, and sacks Hasselbeck.

B) Bettis line up at Wide Reciever, and catches a screen, and breaks 6 tackles to score a TD.

Both are highly possible.

Right after that I expect him to tackle Tedy Bruschi as he tries to save a bunch of puppies from a burning car - then he's gonna lift the car straight up and dunk it in the Gatorade - saving the puppies himself but with alot more style than Tedy would have managed.

NM

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 12:54 PM
If Parker is only getting one or two yards a pop, I think you bring in Bettis. But I would start out with Willie and see how it goes on our first offensive drive.

clevestinks
02-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Everyone always complains that Cowher changes in big games. Stay the course, its just 60 more minutes!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooSteelers !

Steelers 27- seattle10

24seven
02-04-2006, 01:08 PM
OF course you gotta change it up some.. but yes.. I agree.. Don't stray away from good ol know how.. Don't get to crazy on the changes cuz what we've been doin is working. I like the thought of Bettis getting more play time.. He brings everyone up another step when he's in.. Could open up the passing game alot more seeing him back there on a first and second down..

Koopa
02-04-2006, 01:40 PM
naw i don't want him to carry the load, i want us to go in the way we've been going in, and then if willie is being worthless then put the bus in to pound on their D. but hell if getting the W means not playing the bus at all then i'm for that too. the W is all the matters tomorrow not who gets the carries

3 to be 4
02-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Both are highly possible.

Right after that I expect him to tackle Tedy Bruschi as he tries to save a bunch of puppies from a burning car - then he's gonna lift the car straight up and dunk it in the Gatorade - saving the puppies himself but with alot more style than Tedy would have managed.

NM

that seems a little far fetched LITP, more likely to me is that Cowher starts Bettis at QB and Jerome passes for 486 yards and 4 TD's, the last one coming with 2 seconds on the clock to win the game. Afterwards, Bettis hops into a rocket and blasts into space where he stops an Asteroid with his teeth to save the world from destruction.

steelcityjameser
02-04-2006, 03:41 PM
the W is all the matters tomorrow not who gets the carries

hey koopa,

the W may depend on who gets the carries tomorrow. that said, the staff has made the good decisions/adjustments all year. i do agree that a win is the ONLY thing that matters, all the rest is meaningless....meaningless.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Everyone always complains that Cowher changes in big games. Stay the course, its just 60 more minutes!

Steelers 27- seattle10

Would you homers stop predicting these ridiculous scores?! You aren't Ray Lewis' Ravens or the '85 Bears. You gave up 21 point to Detroit for Christ's sake! Where do these predictions that you're going to hold the NFL's best offense to 10 or 13 points come from?!

I know you folks think the Steelers are going to win- but predicting you'll hold Seattle to 10 points makes you look like you've never watched a football game before.

GO back to your atari games and leave the football discussions to the grownups....

Koopa
02-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Would you homers stop predicting these ridiculous scores?! You aren't Ray Lewis' Ravens or the '85 Bears. You gave up 21 point to Detroit for Christ's sake! Where do these predictions that you're going to hold the NFL's best offense to 10 or 13 points come from?!

I know you folks think the Steelers are going to win- but predicting you'll hold Seattle to 10 points makes you look like you've never watched a football game before.

GO back to your atari games and leave the football discussions to the grownups....

ok stfu right now, ya'll let the ****ing 49ers score 25 on ya'll and ya'll only one by 2. so don't speak anymore

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 03:58 PM
ok stfu right now, ya'll let the ****ing 49ers score 25 on ya'll and ya'll only one by 2. so don't speak anymore

I don't make score prediction, but if I did, it wouldn't be "Seahawks 49, Steelers 3!!!".

There is no basis for predicting that you'll hold Seattle to 10 points.

3 to be 4
02-04-2006, 04:03 PM
I don't make score prediction, but if I did, it wouldn't be "Seahawks 49, Steelers 3!!!".

hahaha Seahawks 49, Steelers 3. just LOOKING at that is funny.

can you imagine what would happen if that happened? hahahaha

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 04:09 PM
hahaha Seahawks 49, Steelers 3. just LOOKING at that is funny.

can you imagine what would happen if that happened? hahahaha

The other Pennsylvania team can...

:bouncy:

steelcityjameser
02-04-2006, 04:11 PM

give me a break. that is a pittsburgh steeler fan predicting the outcome to a game. the outcome will not be affected in any way by this prediction. what would you expect him to predict? he is a freagin' steeler fan. i mean, even an outsider may look at the scores of the steelers last few wins and MAY just conclude that if the steelers were to win, it may just in fact be by a score similar to those of the previous wins. man, what an inferiority complex.

edit to change "a" to "an"

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 04:17 PM
give me a break. that is a pittsburgh steeler fan predicting the outcome to a game. the outcome will not be affected in any way by this prediction. what would you expect him to predict?

Something based in reality and on the season performances of the 2 teams. Like a score where both teams have at least 20 points.

steelcityjameser
02-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Something based in reality and on the season performances of the 2 teams. Like a score where both teams have at least 20 points.

hmm. you may be right. they may give up some charity scores at the end.

Suitanim
02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Getting back to the topic of the post, I would not at all be surprised if the Bus started. He told Cowher he didn't want to carry the 20-25 times a game now, but all those games weren't the SB.

It wouldn't shock me if we wore out the squacks with Bus early, then went with "speed kills" late in the game.

3 to be 4
02-04-2006, 10:12 PM
I'll on record as saying that if Cowher goes back to that kind of strategy they will lose and he will deserve all the abuse thats heaped on him.
WHY would the Steelers do that? They have proven to be so much more powerful letting Roethlisburger turn it loose early.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2006, 10:15 PM
If Jerome does indeed get the start, it will be well deserved.. but dont be surprised to see Cowher stay the course and Willie is the Starter for the game; the same way its been all year.. its worked so far and now there's just 1 game left.

Need4spd
02-04-2006, 10:25 PM

Steelers 27- seattle10

Well said, 60 more mintutes. As great as it would be to see The Bus start the game and go for 150 yards, maybe a couple of touchdowns and be named Super Bowl MVP, I think they need to stick with what has worked all season. "If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it."