PDA

View Full Version : FREE AGENT.... OL. S WR SIGNED?

thermoman
03-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm at 18, it is looking like....... MCLAIN OR SPOON.............................:applaudit::appl audit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 02:28 PM
WTH

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm at 18, it is looking like....... MCLAIN OR SPOON.............................:applaudit::appl audit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Possibly...but not a lock.

1) I dont think anyone thought we would draft a WR in the first round anyway.
2) Scott is not the answer at OT
3) A young prospect to play behind Hampton and Allen, are just as much of a need as a young prospect to play behind Farrior....in fact I would say FS is still a weaker position.

It looks more an more like we "may" go with a LBer (only because safeties can traditionally be drafted in any round)...but its not a lock by any means.

RJ1670
03-08-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm liking Earl Thomas more and more in the first. Will Allen isn't the long term answer at safety. He's a stop gap. Safety just moved up the list priority wise.

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm liking Earl Thomas more and more in the first. Will Allen isn't the long term answer at safety. He's a stop gap. Safety just moved up list priority wise.

ALLENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NN BUCCCCCCCCCCCANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EER BLOW THAT HORN STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSS :applaudit: :hatsoff:

SteelerNation12
03-08-2010, 03:35 PM
What OL guy did we sign?

thermoman
03-08-2010, 03:50 PM
jonathan scott ol buffalo bills

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 04:04 PM
jonathoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooon

he wont be nothing than a mere backup imo. May not get past training camp

BKAnthem
03-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Scott was Buffalo's LT last year...is he better than Starks?

SteelerNation12
03-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Scott is terrible. He was probably brought in since he is familiar with the new OL coach.

mulldog24
03-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I wonder with the Steelers signing Arnaz Battle if Sweed will be back or not. Battle was also a KR/PR for the 49ers so if he is pretty good it might hurt Logan's chances ass well.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-08-2010, 05:32 PM
The thing that most are overlooking here is the signings of guys that have their previous coaches as new Steeler coaches.

Battle comes in as a 4th WR and special teams contributor, probably because his ST coach Al Everest in SF last year, said he would be an addition to the team. Same with Jonathan Scott, as Scott was the Bills starting LT when Jason Peters left and Sean Kugler probably knows the guy can either compete for a starting job, or be veteran backup at OT other than Tony Hills.

I like the depth and obviously it means the guys are quality players that can help. So now if Larry Foote is signed, do we suddenly cross off ILB in the draft.........very doubtful.

SS43Polamalu
03-08-2010, 06:12 PM
So apparently we just re-signed Clark and Randel El..... http://twitter.com/RavensInsider and http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter or http://www.theredzone.org/

taztroy43
03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Thats crazy we got Clark and Allen signed as Safeties and we signed Rande El back with Battle @ WR....so I'm interested to see if they are going to trade up in the draft to acquire CB Joe Haden or stay put and draft an OL.....ohh by the way they also added a T from Buffalo....so idk they did a pretty good job in FA!!!:thumbsup:

thermoman
03-08-2010, 06:41 PM
spoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooon

MasterOfPuppets
03-08-2010, 07:04 PM
battle and allen were brought in probably more because of thier special teams play than anything. i'm sure randle el, will get a shot at punt returning as well.

Northside Jonny
03-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Scott is terrible. He was probably brought in since he is familiar with the new OL coach.

I really think it's unfair to judge anyone coming from the Bills organization wich is obviously in shambles right now. It will be interesting to see what he can bring to the Steelers.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-09-2010, 08:23 AM
jonathoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooon

he wont be nothing than a mere backup imo. May not get past training camp

LOL....:chuckle:

Maybe...maybe not. He actually played last year. He just might be the end of the Tony Hills experiment.:noidea:

supa_fly_steeler
03-09-2010, 08:29 AM
LOL....:chuckle:

Maybe...maybe not. He actually played last year. He just might be the end of the Tony Hills experiment.:noidea:

NO!!!!!!!!!! we cant let hills go as well

HILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :chuckle:

Texasteel
03-09-2010, 08:39 AM
I still think the Steelers will take the BAP in the 1st round. If they decide that this is Thomas or an OT, I think that is who they will take. If they decide it is Weatherspoon, thats fine with me also.

I don't think it is likely, but the possibility of them moving up or down in the draft is still out there.

Steely McSmash
03-09-2010, 11:58 AM

backwards... Probably brought in because the new coach endorsed him.

St33lersguy
03-09-2010, 02:01 PM
I cringe on the fact of getting 2 WRs before getting important depth at D-line and LBer. I hope the 2 WRs doesn't mean Airhead Arians wants to go to a poor man's greatest show on turf and abandon the running game and redzone TDs

Steeldude
03-11-2010, 12:21 AM
i think this board now has 34 threads for the same topic. woo hoo!

Texasteel
03-11-2010, 08:39 AM
i think this board now has 34 threads for the same topic. woo hoo!

I'm thinking of starting a thread just for the Spoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oon! and keep them in one place.